Could the Horus Heresy been avoided?

We just started learning it in school and I think the whole thing could have been solved diplomatically

If the emperor (PBUH) would have told the primarchs what he was doing the whole thing could have been prevented.

So did the Emperor's plan of forcing everyone to be a fedora atheist just cause them to be more susceptible to Chaos influence?

Pretty much, yeah.

>There is NOTHING above us! Gods aren't real!
>Okay cool, that makes sense, lemme just adjus-WHAT DO YOU MEAN GODS ARE REAL WTF I HATE THE EMPEROR NOW

There had to have been a lot of people who turned against the Emperor because he lied to them.

Well Gods were real but they were chaos gods. To worship them was to let Chaos win.

Unless we mean Eldar gods or C'tan

Kill Lorgar, kill Erebus, prevent the landing on Davin. Also kill Horus Aximand and Ezekyle Abbadon, and punch Lucius in the face again. There was no time for diplomacy back then.

Yes, but that's part of the problem. The Emperor said they weren't real. He was trying to cut the Chaos gods off from their source of power, I know. But when the person you're looking up to as a messianic savior of your entire species is proven to have not only lied to you, but lied about a VERY big thing, that tends to make people start doubting everything else they said.

>kill Lorgar

More like just tell him "Hey, you know how you're spending so much time building temples to Me and are really lagging behind the rest of the Great Crusade? Think of how many people you're denying my light!"

And just watch the Word Bearers fall over themselves going to go free human worlds as fast as possible.

The bigger question is do you want to destroy the chaos gods? Wouldnt that destroy the human spirit, they represent positive things too even if they are mostly negative. Nurgle=love, Slaanesh=happiness, Tzeentch=intelligence, Khorne=justice, etc.

Would these die with the chaos gods? Also how did these things exist prior to Chaos. Sometimes Chaos doesnt make sense.

Chaos is pretty chaotic, yeah.

oof, I'd say Nurgle=fear of death, tzeentch=hope/ambition, slaanesh=lust, khorne=anger (which can be good sometimes)

These are basically supposed to be the 4 most basic emotions, so the chaos gods have existed as long as there have been sentient beings to have these emotions. They were probably pretty feeble at first. The warp reflects the psyche's of sentient creatures.

>Veeky Forums
>history & humanities

I haven't touched 40K in years, are they trying some "muh gray areas" shit with the chaos gods now? Jesus Christ, GW writers are hacks.

maybe if the Emperor had actually communicated with his primarchs a lot of troubles would have been avoided

all conflicts could be avoided by simply attempting diplomacy

Horus Heresy is my favourite historical event as well OP.

Historically, I have noticed that in the past 10k years or so our leadership doesnt attempt much diplomacy and instead of communication different races and factions are resorting to over the top battles, involving billions and billions of casualties.

i don't really understand how the fuck you could even become a heretic unless you go full chaos. you literally have the fucking god incarnate leading you personally, there's no room for any theological misconceptions.

blatant xenophobia is one of the underlaying reasons behind contemporary modern societal degeneration
imagine all the resources wasted on genocides, all the potential citizens lost when they were wiped out in one war or another.

Chaos Gods aren't even gods, they're just big ass motherfucking daemons.

I am tired of libtard like you saying the races can live in perfect harmony. It is bad enough we have literal subhumans, abnormies, now we have people like you who want to pollute the human race. All our problems as a species is from other races go to /pol/ and you will see this. Eldar are the worse they control the world.

Arent deamons manifestations of the gods?

you oppose harmony? well, the opposite of harmony is chaos, and you sound like a filthy chaos heretic.
mankind should ally with other anti-chaos forces. no point in wasting resources and lives against fellow sentient species.

Fucking tao lover.

You want to dilute our women

He couldn't.
They explained that the navigators and astropaths would have found out(he wanted to get rid of those mutants with the Webway project), and there goes your entire administration and transportation.

>But when the person you're looking up to as a messianic savior of your entire species is proven to have not only lied to you, but lied about a VERY big thing, that tends to make people start doubting everything else they said.
Remember, the wall will be built, it's going to be 1000 feet high, folded a million times and paid by Mexico.

I guess it's still better than religious shitposting. Historical threads here spread misinformation anyway. Reddit's askhistorians is honestly much better.

different cultures compliment each other
no reason to waste precious resources on fighting non-chaos targets

t.gue'vesa/dark eldar/rak'gol

You obviously don't remember the shit about the Chaos Gods of Order either, but they more of a fantasy thing and just as fucking stupid as it sounds

[spoiler]He's not a God though (yet), he's just a gestalt of a bunch of tree fuckers[/spoiler]

somewhat sure that Dark Eldar counts as Chaos

I mean it kinda depends ofc.

I bet you love even orcs even though gentically they are stupider than Humans, commit most crimes, and want to rape Human women. No more orc immigrants

they hate slaanesh.
Ok, regular back-stabby eldar.
>and want to rape Human women.
With what?

Chaos dildos

BEST: Dorn

WORST: Magnus

THIS IS 100% OBJECTIVE

Daily reminder that the eldar fucked slaneesh into existence.

It would work better if Emp asumption was correct.
But Chaos Gods are not feeding on being noticed and worshiped but on emotions and laws of universe itself.

Filthy xeno apologists need to go and stay go.

Perturabo: Hey son... you look likeyou want to talk about something

Magnus: Hey son, im building warp gates and any magic you do could compromise it. Please whatever you do dont just magic because we might all die.

Lorgar: Hey son, your're now in charge of administration!

Everyone else is compromised

>solved diplomatically

diplomacy never solves anything, it just delays the inevitable violent solution

DORN SUCKS DAEMON DICKS AND SWALLOWS LIKE THE BITCH HE IS
*NOT PERTURABO*

Angron? Horus? Kurze?

>fucking realspace cucks
You fucking alt-Tau scum, you aren't even worthy of taking the warppill.
>inb4 gb2>>>/warp/
Imperial shills confirmed.

Can't go back to the warp when I utter your real name and destroy your true body, daemon scum.

>IMPERIAL WAS SUCKED INTO THE WARP FOR THIS POST

Angron hated the Emperor on day 1. A slave rebel forced to enslave others? He is lost.

Kurze is also insane but the fact he was let to spread Terror without so much as a peep from Big E tells me he secretely approved.

Horus was a weak bitch

the empire is big and has space for all kinds of different species
multiculturalism and working together is best way to ensure that Chaos does not win

Nice try genestealer!

Fucking space commie race of mixing and equality.

Your IP address has been traced and Deathwatch kill team dispatched.

Nobody expects the imperial inquisition!

This thread is full of Heresy

I am here to purge

The Emperor did nothing wrong, all heretics must burn, gas the xeno, space war now

I think we should build a wall and make the Traitor Legions pay for it!

Make the Empire great again! Nominate Space Trump aka Nurgle

Papa Trump will remove every Tauspanic!

Space cancer for everyone, for free! Only if you are human though

>/an/

Leman Russ was the only good primarch besides Alpharius. Everyone else is fucking gay.

Sangunius is cool

"NO, ENOUGH FUCKING REST. YOU ARE ALL GOING TO HEAR ABOUT WHY LEMAN RUSS WAS A FUCKING DICK. SERIOUSLY. A DICK. YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I'M CALLED 'THE FELL-HANDED'? HUH? DO YA'? THE FUCKER CAUGHT ME JERKING OFF BEHIND A BIG ROCK ONE NIGHT ABOUT TWENTY METERS FROM THE REST OF THE DETACHMENT! HE KICKED THE ROCK AWAY AND SHOUTED, 'LO, IT SEEMS HE IS BESTING A MIGHTY FELL-BEAST WITH ONLY HIS HAND!"

"I FUCKING HEARD THAT, YOU CUNTS. YOU FUCKING WOLF FUCKERS. YEAH, DON'T THINK I DON'T NOTICE YOUR GROWING OBSESSION WITH WOLVES. SERIOUSLY, WHEN I WAS AROUND WE WERE JUST CRAZY FUCKERS WHO RIPPED OUT OUR ENEMIES' THROATS WITH OUR TEETH. NOW YOU'RE FUCKING RIDING WOLVES INTO BATTLE. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE YOU CAN RIDE INTO BATTLE? FUCKING BIKES! MAYBE EVEN A FUCKING BIKE THAT HAS GUNS ATTACHED!"

"YOU FUCKERS THINK YOU KNOW LEMAN RUSS? THE GUY WAS A DOUCHE. HIS STRATEGIES WERE 'YEAH, YOU GUYS GO CHARGE THE ENEMY, I'LL SECURE THIS SHACK WITH THESE BITCHES', AND HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT FEMALE WOLVES."
"HE WAS TALKING ABOUT WOMEN. YOU KNOW WHY HE HATED... WHAT'S HIS NAME, THE DARK ANGELS. THAT GEEK, WHAT WAS HIS NAME AGAIN?"

"YEAH, FUCKING LION EL', HE WAS A DECENT MAN. HE AND LEMAN HATED EACH OTHER BECAUSE LION ENJOYED BOOKS. YEAH, THAT'S IT. FIRST TIME THEY EVER MET HE WAS READING A BOOK, LEMAN WALKED IN AND SHOUTED 'HEY, I'M LOOKING FOR MY BROTHER PRIMARCH, ALL I SEE IS A BOOK-READING PUSSY'. THEN HELD HIS HAND OUT TO BE BRO-FISTED. NO ONE DID, SO HE SUCKER-PUNCHED LION TO LOOK TOUGH."

"YEAH, THE GUY WAS A CUNT. WHEN THEY SHOWED HIM THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE LEMAN RUSS TANK, YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID? HE SAID 'MAKE THE CANNON BIGGER... LIKE MY COCK!' HE DEMANDED THE SCHEMATICS FOR THE PREMIERE TANK OF THE IMPERIAL GUARD BE ALTERED PURELY SO HE COULD MAKE A DICK JOKE!"

"IF YOU FUCKERS WAKE ME AGAIN, IT BETTER BE TO KILL SOMETHING OR ASK ABOUT ACTUAL HEROES, NOT BITCH-STEALING ASSHOLES."

And with that, Bjorn walked away, followed by hastily running Rune Priests.

Lion>Russ

HISTORY&HUMANITIES

He thought that the Chaos gods feed from human worship thus no worship = starving Chaos out. What he didn't know was that it wouldn't work.

>'HEY, I'M LOOKING FOR MY BROTHER PRIMARCH, ALL I SEE IS A BOOK-READING PUSSY'.

Bark bark bark

Horus did nothing wrong

>primitives pretending that they know anything about history
Read the rules again, nothing past the 10th millenium is to be discussed on Veeky Forums you fucking mon'keigh

>Horus Heresy
>historical event
>on Veeky Forums
kek

>bernie
>sanguinius
remove this heresy

>mfw people think the Horus Heresy actually happened

I've seen enough .pngs of statistics to know without a doubt that the Horus Heresy was made up by our Terran overlords to guide us away from the REAL reason for the Imperiums decline - giving away planets and systems to Tau immigrants.

It could have been completely prevented if those idiots didn't take the wounded Horus to a fucking snake cult witch who was obviously Chaos related.

Why do historians give the Primarchs a pass on this?

A lot of Imperial history is censored or rewritten so it is hard to tell what has happened.

>A lot of Imperial history is censored or rewritten
This is the work of the sneaky eldar from the Black Library and their allies the Illuminati traitors, trying to manipulate racially pure human imperial citizens into believing that the Fall of the Eldar actually happened. People should seriously wake up, there is zero evidence for it.

>trust me, silly Mon-Keigh, six trillion eldar were killed by the birth of Slaanesh.

>believing the conspiracy that Slaanesh was somehow created by Eldar orgy

Helghan empire vs imperium of man who wins??

>believing the conspiracy that Slaanesh was somehow created by Eldar orgy
Not only did the Fall of the Eldar never happen, but it was entirely their fault.

>PBUH
You fucking heretic the IMMORTAL GOD Emperor find your lack of faith disturbing

Why didn't the Emperor send the War Hounds down to help Angron and his gladiators?

Why didn't the Emperor just find a more tactful way to tell Lorgar to stop worshiping him?

Why didn't the Emperor just tell the Primarchs about Chaos?

Why didn't the Emperor just listen to Magnus?

The Emperor makes a lot more sense if you assume he's cripplingly autistic.

Best thread on Veeky Forums.

t. cultist

> Imperium
> of
> Man

The fact that thread still up is the proof that Veeky Forums is a fucking joke.

>The depraved conglomeration known as the Holy Imperium of Mankind is neither Holy, nor an Imperium, nor in service of Mankind.

Well, it's nice to be invaded by something other than /pol/ for a change, I suppose.

More like you can't take a fucking joke.

>Waah why cant I have my /pol/baits and religious nutjobbery.

Imperial Cult is a legitimate religion and thus should be legit discussion on "humanities" board.

Chaos is also a legit religion.

The fact that this thread is still up is the proof that Veeky Forums has some humour left in it.

FTFY

I blame this guy
someone give him knife ears

Everyone in this thread is a fucking heretic. I'm reporting you all to the local Ordo Hereticus office

Enjoy dying on a slave ship scum.

>opposite of harmony is chaos

I remember Tzeentch being as much God of Change as he were of Hope ever since I remember, same with some worshippers of Khorne being all about honourable combat, Nurgle loves all of his children, and Slaanesh was fucked into existence by the Eldar.

This is accurate. However, despite any gray area BS any interaction between chaos and reality tends to result in violent gore-splosions.

Khorne wants blood being spilled, and some societies that worship him spills the blood in a way that other worshippers would find wrong (snipers with ammo that maximize bloodletting; Sorcerers that specialize in spells that cause people to explode in gore, instead of burning people to crisp), and some of Khorne's worshippers would not kill people who are not providing a fight.

Nurgle loves all the people, but he expresses his love by bringing them to the bottom of Despair (which he is also God of), often by sharing his diseases, which are also his beloved creations.

Tzeentch often betrays his betrayers, because that's how it is with Hope: you may have hope that something will work, but often it doesn't. And Scheming is his main part.

Slaanesh likes excess, so sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. Which you need to go for more powerful ones after you get dulled to the ones you were using so far.

Well said. I think Slaanesh seems the most innocuous of the lot. Until you start mixing in aspects of the others. Then shit gets horrifying. Nurgle and Tzeentch are just bad news honestly. And Khorne of course can be neutral or evil. I mean, there's that thing where they packed a captured hive city's main square with civilians and barred the exits, then drove in with a baneblade and crushed or shot everyone.

This thread is history you autistic midget

Are you implying there is positive aspects of Chaos God?!?

HERETICS!!!!

this
it doesn't break the 25 year rule.

I wonder who's behind this post.

>sneaky eldar trying to make the Mon-Keigh believe that the Fall of the Eldar was not the eldar's fault.
>muh six trillions killed by Slaanesh