ITT: Cars you thought were cool as a kid but don't care for now

ITT: Cars you thought were cool as a kid but don't care for now.

As it turns out, having a 205mph top speed did not make the Murcielago goat like 8 year old me thought it did.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I used to LOVE the 944 when I was in middle school. It was my dream to own one some day.

Now I just imagine of fixing all the stupid shit on them. And how slow they probably are (I've never driven one) Nope thank you.

this. but highschool until 24
I want an mr2 instead.

240SX
Foxbodies
turd gen F Bodies
most muscle cars (there are some Ive gotten a huge appreciation for as Ive gotten older tho)
Z31-Z32 Fairladies
Celicas
Vipers
Corvettes
GTR Skylines

Im sure theres more

A Ferrari 328.
Not that I don't still like the look, but I'm not enough of a gearhead to spend that much time fixing a 30 year old car.

you should have been a mclaren F1 fanboy
they're still GOAT

So do you only care for Honda Fits and Suzuki Cappuccinos now, or what?

I like old European cars the most these days
still like Hondas RX-7s and classic Japanese cars too

cant help it

most cars I liked as a kid dont do anything for me anymore

I should add Supras to that list too thats one I thought of since then

What did the Supra do?

doesnt interest me anymore

it isnt aesthetically pleasing

wrc was getting pretty hectic in the 90s
I still like the evo its just not hype any more

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercar

Which one?

this game ruined the murcielago for me

>If it found its way onto a poster, it must be cool as hell.
Young Veeky Forumstist logic. I mean, it's still pretty cool within its category, but I wouldn't sell a kidney for one anymore and in fact I'd have to build up a sizeable dream garage before even considering one.

Muscle cars in general

why
is it because the big prize car for finishing the game wasnt even any faster than the cars you would have at that time
fuck that game

Like most of the cool cars in the game.
Recently emulated this game I was using the Pigfat MK4 Supra throughout most of it to grind for an R34 just to find out it performs exactly the same just with minor quirks in its handling model.

>NFSU
>My tuned Neon kept up with the Skyline you get at the end of the game
The fuck was that?

This. Once you get past the nostalgia, they're just heavy ass, can't turn pieces of shit that drive like trucks.

Midnight club dub edition?

Lamborghini Countach
i remember i used to see one in town a lot and thought it looked amazing back in the late 80s but now not so much

>Lamborghini Countach
Holy shit, they're still going for $300-$400K?
How is this even possible?

Are you just baiting or actually retarded?

All old Lambos look like they were designed by 12 year olds.

at's nothing

i make more than that in a day probably

Are you retarded, or do you have your head jammed up your ass?

all of them

>tfw I beat Razor with a bright fucking pink Fiat Punto in NFSMW

>Mitsubishi introduces the Carisma in Europe
>One year later introduces the Lancer worldwide
>The Lancer is very similar to the Carisma
>They're both sold simultaniously
>Discontinued the Lancer in Europe after two years
>The Carisma is still being sold in Europe
>The WRC car is a Lancer
>But it's advertising the Carisma

What the hell was Mitsubishi thinking when they came up with this confusing shit?

I fucking loved musclecars, more specifically the Charger and Challenger, after I watched F&F.

I don't even know why considering the only thing the Charger did in that movie was lose to a Supra and get hit by a truck, but black chargers used to be my shit. Now, not so much.

I was never into cars as a kid(dodge viper was cool and still is) but seeing the back end of the brz on my commutes made me really start to look at cars and start to research them. Eventually I ended up preferring the new STI over the brz now I don't like either of them.

What's weird is that now I like the cars I used to not like. The ugly as fuck foxbody mustangs grew on me and so did gay miatas and the 3rd gen MR2. Porsches don't look boring to me anymore either.

How Second-gen Chargers perform is largely irrelevant since they look cool as hell and that's all that's necessary isn't it?

>Used to think this car was the absolute greatest shit on planet earth
>it was and still is
huh, weird
absolute sex right down to the name

>tfw no Chrysler Luxo Viper

i always thought those were cool, i was a mechanic for years and got to finally work on one and drive it years back. i was disappointed to say the least, the interior is bland especially the dash and gauges, its slow, its miserable to work on, and the only reason they have a following is back to the future. only cool thing is the gullwing doors

A70 A60 and A80

always thought the A40 was ugly

they all look a whole lot better when modified but stock nope

When I was playing some need for speed game growing up, I thought that, specifically, the Lamborghini Diablo was the greatest and coolest car ever made.

Now, the idea of having one of those special snowflake temperamental stuper cars just gives me a fucking headache.

My neighbor had this beautiful Fox-body Mustang SVO when I was in high school that I wanted so bad. I changed my mind after seeing him working on it waaaaay more than he ever drove it. Still love the look though.

Rock hard nostalgia boner from that screen cap

>not getting best bike. or best vehicle
>not getting 100% on best car game asides from burnout

I wanted Fiat to do well in The US. but chrysler.

mitsubishi gto

>my rich uncle drove a fully spec'd out e36 in the early 90's
>5 year old me thought it was the coolest car ever
>it was my dream car, and I wanted to be succesful like my uncle just so one day I could afford one

>tfw these cars are now the official poorfag/turkmobile in my country

More confusingly, they also sold the road going models of Lancer Evo as Carisma GT.

All SUVs

Wagons are cool
Sedans are cool
Coupes are cool

SUVs are a waste of everything

I have an NA awd one of these, why don't you like them anymore?