Why do Americans think Reagan was a genius president? He was a retard who made the income inequality what it is today

Why do Americans think Reagan was a genius president? He was a retard who made the income inequality what it is today.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Americans are proud of their inequal society.

MUH ANTI-COMMUNISM

TRICKLE

He was a meme who's only policy proposals were to throw money at whoever he thought was the "good guys"

Nixon was the real mastermind who laid the foundation for winning the cold war

>Why do Americans...

Let me stop you right there. You realize in you're lumping Vermont and Mississippi into the same group there right?

Reagan was an actor by trade.

"If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself". Dunno if Goebbels actually said that, but I think it was him, and it applies perfectly to Reagan. He had great acting talent, and he used that talent offstage.

There was never a truth to his claims about the trickle-down bullshit, he simply said it in a way and with a charisma that made it believable.

>Le trickle down doesn't work, when people pay less in taxes the economy stagnates because the money disappears instead of going into Bernie's pocket

Reagan is considered great for a bunch of reasons.

First, as some anons have mentioned, he was an actor and had a lot of good humor and charisma. So people liked him, and liked hearing him speak.

Second, he was senile so instead of him driving policy and calling the shots the country was run by his cabinet and advisors, which was over a dozen people, each an expert in their own area.

In politics, perception is always more important than reality. The economy was great in the 1980s, a lot of people got rich during that decade, and by the end of it the Cold War was over. Nixon resigned in disgrace, Ford was never well-liked, and Carter was deemed a failure. In the eyes of many who lived during the 70s and 80s, Reagan embodied a return to prosperity. He was also charismatic as fuck, and pandered to both the religious right and hardcore conservative ideologues more than anyone before, so he's the most obvious presidential role model for the rightward half of America.

You seem to have an opinion and I'd love to hear it. Why don't you articulate it instead of shitposting?

>income inequality
oh no somebody has more money than me, this is disgraceful

He was lucky enough to be President in an era with a growing economy. Same reason why Bill Clinton and Obama will probably go down in history as great Presidents.

But he was just so nice.

He was lucky enough to be President when the Soviets collapsed. He was a shit President who is the reason our country is turning into Brazil today.

Actually his most well-known anti-Soviet policies are all Carter's ideas. Kinda like Obamacare is Romney's healthcare plan from elections.

thank you

Only commies think that all income inequality is bad. When people decry income inequality, they mean excessive inequality - the kind where the poorest citizens earn jack shit for 60+ hours of work a week while the wealthiest earn billions. It's not just about altruistically helping the poor, either - when the poor can't afford to buy anything more than the barest necessities, the general health of the economy suffers. This is common sense, and acknowledging that excessive income inequality is a hindrance is not incompatible with a 'free market' ideology.

What incentive is there for businesses to pay their employees wages that are at all above subsistence levels in the free market?

He was wack.

Other businesses will offer higher wages in hopes of attracted more talented workers and out-competing you.

Nobody cares about income equality except college liberals

>everyone who disagrees with me is just

What about low skill jobs? What is preventing monopolies from forming?

>What about low skill jobs?

They pay less, though some companies that need really stellar employees will pay a little more,

>What is preventing monopolies from forming?

most monopolies were created by state mandate or collusion. I suppose in the rare case one came up on its own you could have anti-monopoly laws, though how long would such a company last before it started having competition

Workers with disposable income = more consumers

>So people liked him, and liked hearing him speak.

Many people did, but many others HATED him. The folksy bullshit is nails on chalkboard to some people.

Funny, Brazil sucks in part due to its far left wing politics. Confirmed for provincial American leftist.

Is that why the US military was degrading under Carter, and former allies such as Iran were jumping ship?

What's funny about this image is that it combines left wing and right wing complaints about Reagan. It's like listening to a person with a split personality speak.

This.

I'm really worried the same will happen with hiliary or Trump cus neither are going to do anything that's worth a damn. I wouldn't be surprised with an impeachment for either.

Faggots and commies are the only people who hate Reagan.

Which are you? Both?

Exactly. Brazil had moral conservative and liberal governments but never had a truly economic liberal government.

The closest they got was with Fernando Henrique and even then it was just social-democracy style.

Legitimately worst 20th century president.

I think the master of this meme wanted to express the point that neither side of the political/economic spectrum should like that twat.

this

see and

He had Alzheimer's and was legitimately retarded. Democracy is basically shit.

Yeah. Faggots and Commies hate Reagan. I already stated that.

Or a person with real opinions that doesn't just parrot the talking points of one political party.

Bad policy is bad policy, doesn't matter whose "agenda" it supports.

NEVER FORGET '86
youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ

Wow you have really shit analytical skills. There are right wing criticisms on that too.

How is saying how he helped terrorism, was a criminal, increased national debt massively, etc, a left wing criticism?

Except unemployment means that wage negotiations are always in favour of the capitalist class

What is rational for capitalism in totality is not necessarily rational for specific capitals

>outlawed russia forever, started bombing in five minutes
the best thing he ever did

Actually most of them were cronies and lobbyists who rigged the systems in their own favor and promptly crushed the middle class while having Reagan convince the rest of the country it was in their best interest.

You can thank Reagan for the selling out the american people to special interests.