/assg/ Asymetrical Slasher Series general: Copy paste from last thread Edition

Friday 13th, Last Year, Dead by Daylight

We are transitioning from a singular game general to a collection general. Please excuse the OP information as more will be added through in the next few thread cycles.

As of right now still using the Dead By Daylight information.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one

>Official Wiki
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Last: >

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
youtube.com/watch?v=oEShaRUPFa8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is DBD going to die now? Please no..
also rip servers

Can't find games, god dammit it. I've searched for 20 minutes and still no result.

its probably not gonna die that soon since friday still is in development. Also they might do a payday and release a much better 2nd game in a few years.

Anyone got a spare key for Flesh and Blood? Is it still OK to talk about DBD here?

Also, leech killer when?

Have they said how big the file size is for ft13?

Spare f13 beta key, enjoy whoever grabs it
ZEZM9-982GK-0FN9N

>ZEZM9-982GK-0FN9N
Thanks breh

Swooped up by a bot.

Jenny a qt

yeah true, i think it might last another good 6 months. the peak players are always a consistent 20k+

no prob user, enjoy stabbin niggas

Beta download is 2.9gb

sounds about right for like 1 map and a beta

Jason fucked me up hard

Just dont get found

>all seven of us meet in house
>jason finds us
>we all scramble to dive bomb out the one window

Holy shit that was fucking amazing

I got no idea how to survive in F13. I'm playing stealthy character, hiding in a house, lights are on, i make no noise. Jason just keeps finding me.

I was wondering the same thing when I realized this game isn't for the counselors, it's for Jason. It's a power trip for the guy in charge, since he'll always know where you generally are despite any attempts to avoid it.

My reccommendation is to play the game in windowed mode. If you are a counselor don't bother hiding and stick to groups, and when you die just browse Veeky Forums. When you are Jason, really start paying attention since you're getting a chance to play the game you imagined.

JELB3-WB42C-ZY5JZ
9V6P0-5LYPZ-E6TQR
NAX5C-K6K8E-E92JQ
Get them while they're hot famalams

>when you die just browse Veeky Forums
why?

why not just go to your next game?

You don't get exp unless you stay until the end.

Being alone generates fear, having fear increases jasons ability to sense you sadly regardless if you are 10/10 stealth

pretty sure Jason's 'Sense' ability is wallhack with a range (higher or lower depending on your Jason) on a cooldown

there a multiple perks based on a chance to avoid detection from a sense.

wasn't enduring like 3 times in the shrine?

>JELB3-WB42C-ZY5JZ
ty my dude

Tried the other two first and they were gobbled up but I got this one. :)

What's your opinion on F13?
I think it's kinda boring. Chases look really dumb with Jason jogging behind while you're trying not to die of asthma. And looking for items isn't exactly challenging or fun.

Supossedly you only get 5 keys somehow I got ten

You don't get XP, which makes it marginally more likely for you to survive when you buy perks for counselors with it. I think it's a false hope, though - the real reason to stick around is to prevent the crazy long matchmaking.

So does the game feel better as Jason? Is it fun? I would say so myself but of the dozens of matches I've played I've yet to play as him for some reason.

>tfw too slow to get keys posted in here

Feels bad man.

I wonder if Jason's mom is gonna be playable. Would be neat to play her without any abilities and have to rely on stealth.

Get fuckin' blasto'd from a shotgun and die.

So far, not much of a challenge.

Just how does the awareness thing work? Does it matter if you're 10 composure 10 stealth, as long as you're in a cabin he can sense it? Because as far as I can tell there's literally no hiding from him, which may be the point but unless you are the black chick there's no running either.

Jason spots scared survivors. If you walk alone or in the dark your fear level will increase, making you easier to find using Jason's sense.

i don't know why they don't just release the game now, seems like it's perfect as it is

>survivor waiting by the exit
>allowing me to get max hunter points

This community aint so bad after all

So anyone who hasn't had the fortune of playing Jason: when you are in contact with foliage, you are visible to his murdervision. It doesn't matter if you are crouching or still or what, you will be a big glowing outline.

I think the x-ray he has is WAY too good. I can see people across the map and teleport right on them simply by estimation.

Killing Twitch cancer is twice as easy now

Part of the game is managing fear
Wandering around in the dark by yourself without a weapon is a great way for you to light up, especially if you run into a body as well

keep up the good work, user

I keep getting put in a lobby by myself.

It's too bad you are alone half the time, without a weapon half the time, travelling between campsites requires going into darkness, and Jason gets the ability really fast.

And you can't escape when he found you.

Stick to the lights then, there's a different between taking the short cuts IE though the bushes making more noise and making you more scared or the paved paths with lights on I've been jason and I had somebody right in front of me and murder vision didn't light em up because they kept their fear down.

i know it's not in character for jason but i feel like the game would work better with the killer mainly having out of sight/long range teleports being very fast over short distances but slow otherwise

as it is 'chase' scenes with Jason consist of just jogging around while your screen has a fucking seizure while Jason tries to teleport right on top of you.

twitch
.tv/kidphix
/v/108688546?
t=0h40m48s

If anyone wants to know how trash the melee is for survivors

Dude, as it stands you can see everyone nearly all the time as Jason. I know the idea is that by managing fear you can hide from him but with all the things to trigger your character it's impossible to move around even remotely freely without lighting up like a christmas tree. Fitting, given the holidays.

So what do I do when Jason is on me? Nigga just teleports in front. Tried to hit him back with a plank, got some points and died shortly after.

you retroactively select the black girl and just outrun him

There's a look back key (G by default). Keep that shit on speed dial. If he disappears without VHS magic, he's using his long range teleport to cut you off and you should 180. If he uses the VHS magic then he's not gonna get you as long as you sprint + swerve.

Of course, this is just to avoid getting hit. He's gonna get you no matter what in the long run.

It'll most likey be changed radically, I mean they did change how the police operate before the beta was launched

quick, what's the shortcut for objectives

nvm, was Jason, muredered one kid and then

just happened to me too

they need to somehow cutdown on the delay between pressing button and action happening

movement responds instantly but closing doors/trying to attack/general interactions take a full second before your character responds to the button press

That's not the top. He can teleport right behind you and hit you, Nurse style. The only way i see is mindplay. Make him go one way, while you go other way and hope your fear will wear off enough before he uses his Sense again.
You will die.
I dunno, i tried her, when my stamina ended she just walked. And died. I did see on streams how she was uncatchable, maybe i don't understand something.

Via their twitter: We have very heavy traffic; it might take some time to get into a game, but we are working on efficiency here! Thank you for your patience!

the servers are shitting themselves.

>the servers are shitting themselves
You're telling me

I woke up early to play some and I've been sitting at the quick play search for 20 minutes

There's apparently some reigon connection issues, and some other bugs.

Of course Gun and Illphonic are very specific that this is a legit beta, not a promotional beta. And to expect a ton of jank.

What do you recon is the best option if after 15 min in que you end up in a lobby alone? It's a f13 dedicated server, which they probably don't have tons of, so technically others should find their way to me?

Also how to kill these kids in a fancy way? Should be easy given that no one knows how to play yet.

Based on Steam region or their own servers?

I tried checking the forums but they're dead lol

yeah no idea... wish I could tell you.

Well, jason's kills appear to be context sensitive for using the enviornment, or perk based when using a weapon.

there's some fun ways though.

I think the developers said at one point that they're definitely interested in the idea, but it would be a serious undertaking to get working and so definitely isn't coming any time soon.

one day i will play as jason

today is not that day

>only has one mic
>prioritizes his stream instead of the team-based game designed for voice chat

This fucking guy, man.

So I finally got in a room afte 30 minutes

I opened a drawer at the same time as another counselor and immediately got stuck 5 seconds into the game.

Just sitting here waiting for death now.

Is there any sort of feedback when your character is low on health or scared, other than bloody clothing or the initial screaming? I'm not seeing anything in play footage.

They act panicked, breathing quickens, it's mostly audio-visual queue's that you need to pay attention to, Health is literally how bloody you are, and stamina has an actual guage.

i love this game already
youtube.com/watch?v=oEShaRUPFa8

doesn't even make sense that it doesn't work for the game

>game is a mess on beta launch day

What were you expecting? This is why developers shouldn't sell beta keys or at the least do serious bug-testing in closed beta first.

If only people would stop paying for Early Acces and preorder because of cosmetics, maybe developers would start releasing finished products.

you talking shit m8

i just found a funny bug ,come on man

>tfw you follow your clone and use him as a bait the moment Jason shows up

flawless plan, I've heard his spine crack

>Get into only working f13 server
>It's dead
>Sit there with two friends who also got keys

Hmmm

chinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

TAIWAN NUMBER ONE

So this game kicks the shit out of DbD. Better map, better killer/survivor dynamic, better objectives, better errything. I already love it.

Been Jason twice and it's just so much goddamn fun.

kys

there's just one thing I don't get, at the start it shows a notice not to stream footage, but it also says "if you're a streamer, you're more than welcome to stream this beta"

????

The beta was friends and family only until this morning and during that period had an NDA

You're fine to stream this

The animations make me want to vomit.

>get on the second floor
>open window
>jump out
>now I'm hurt

It had to be done.

DRAGON'S DOGMA is not even listed? What??

>KidPhix in my game with my two friends and me
Griefing time!

what did you expect?

no damage
instant death
floating
broken animations
falling through the ground

you won't know until you try, gotta test all mechanics

How's Friday The 13th control?

Is it better with the keyboard or a controller?

Personally I prefer Dead by Daylight with a keyboard, but I'm sure these control really different.

The animations in this game are great, the 40$ pre-order was worth it. There's another kill where he fucking lops off someone's head with is fucking fist.

Will F13 finally kill DBD?

I keep seeing people finding the damn shotgun and I've yet to find it, and no I know Tommy spawns in with one but I've seen two in one match, anybody know where its located? On a wall?

how do you get keys dor this?

Things I've learned from the Beta:

Tommy's HAM radio always spawns on the house with the radio tower
Black Bitch is broken as fuck
Zombie Jason is trash
You can have THREE decisive strikes if you get lucky.
Decisive strike doesn't matter because he can beat you to death anyway
Shotgun is silly
Stealth is useless
Controls are wonky at times do to certain action boxes clipping into other ones

Hey Sloppy and Phara, you guys have or would like a beta key?

I'm already looping in lobby simulator. Got myself some fries with ketchup while watching some streamers.

t. phar

Cool cool. I waited for a while for my codes last night but went to sleep at midnight to get up for work at 4. I should have it downloaded by the time I get home in like seven hours provided my computer didn't disappear or something.

I promise I won't bm anyone here lol but strangers might need to be sacrificed.

Kaz btw