What do you call these things? Should you remove them when they build up?

What do you call these things? Should you remove them when they build up?

Slush, ice buildup

Yes

>Driving lowered car in winter
>Slush snow everywhere
>Praying you don't get stuck in a snow storm

Barnacles. mfw go to kick them off and they pull off a fresh chunk of rust. Fuck salt.

Ice tumor

Fenderberg

>all that salt

They add weight to your car, sapping power and wasting gas. They can freeze overnight, which can cause all kinds of problems. I've seen them tear out chunks of rusty underbody when they finally come off, tear out the fender liners of cars when people tried to go after a day of work/evening and large chunks got pulled up with the tire; hell, I've even seen a car have them get so big that they actually froze the wheels in place, making the car unable to drive.

>Should you remove them when they build up?
HELLO, Retard alert.

If you don't have a fiber glass body kit it doesn't really matter. Haven't damaged or gotten my lowered car stuck in the winter. My fiancee hits every fucking parking block with it though.

Ice body kits.

I usually kick them off before I get in my car or while I'm pumping gas.

Do you live in Quebec? That looks like quebec level of salt.

Do these even cause problems?

I would be more worried about all that salt. Get your car wash, and get an underbody. You should do that once a week when its being salted.

They can rip the little plastic mud flaps off. You'd have to spend $500 a month on car washes if you want your car completely salt free. Most people just give up the battle, which is why it's almost impossible to find a rust free used car over 10 years here.

I do the $3 car wash, and free vacuum twice a week, and once ever other week I get the $8 with the underbody, and when its not freezing, I do a handwash

Yeah... That would do dick all in the war against magnesium chloride. Even if you were to drive into a lake of FluidFilm you'd still be fucked. feelsbadman.

Had a ten year old Toyota that got washed once a week throughout the winter and had zero rust.

why would it not help?

AverageQuebecoisCar.jpg

Where? I doubt you have to deal with 30 degree temperature swings and MgCl.

It will slow it down but it's impossible to "rustproof" a car.

Western PA. Had big temp swings, but I can't remember what they put down on the roads.

well it helps.

also POR15

>driving lowered car ever
>hope you die in it