ITT: Choose a car from each year of the 1980s you'd be willing to own. Format shamelessly copied from the decades guy

ITT: Choose a car from each year of the 1980s you'd be willing to own. Format shamelessly copied from the decades guy.

Template

OP of the original thread here. Thank you for making this.

I'll contribute

You're welcome user, thank you for making the original thread. I made this one because with the 80s being my favorite decade by far, making a choice was too much of a compromise.
Also nice picks. Love the M1, the X1/9 and the C3. Is the '85 Ford a SHO mustang?
I have to say that even though I made this thread about my favorite decade, even this was really hard to do for me and I'm not completely happy about all the cars I had to leave out
>Mercedes-Benz R107
>Volvo 760
>Saab 9000
>BMW E30
>Vector W8
>C4 Corvette
>VW Corrado
>Delorean DMC-12
>Mercedes-Benz W124
>Porsche 924
>Porsche 944
>Ferrari 308
>Ferrari 288 GTO
>De Tomaso Pantera
>Ford Bronco
>Jeep Grand Wagoneer
>Jeep Cherokee
>Jeep Wrangler
>G-Wagen

And to get quirky:
>HMMWV
>Bigfoot 3

If I could have every car I wanted most would be from the 80s, lol
Actually pretty patrish. Specially digging that Chevy Blazer.

The 80s is one of my favorite decades as well, for reasons that go beyond cars.

The Mustang is actually an SVO.

well this was certainly harder than the last

my least favorite automotive decade

>The 80s is one of my favorite decades as well, for reasons that go beyond cars.
Same. The music, the movies, the art, the hopes in the people looking forward to the future. It's just beautiful.
About cars, even shitboxes were pretty. I think it has to do with the emissions and safety regulations that took away a lot of the designers' freedom. Back in the day they could apply the latest developments and create whatever shapes they wanted to without a lot of regulations getting in the way, but today it's borderline impossible. Regulations did away with the gorgeous popup headlights, they did away with aerodynamic designs, they did away with sleek cars. Even econoboxes were often attractive back then. On the bright side, at least I didn't live in the age of coke to become a junkie, kek.

On the 80s, Ferraris and becoming a coke junkie, have a screengrab from an era film hahah

>512 BB
>no 959
>no 944
>no 924
>no 928
I'm surprised, assuming you're the RUF user

I dont like any of those

believe me I couldve filled up with RUFs and Porsches but I wanted to actually put some thought into it

I don't really like the 80's, but here you go.

>1982
Is that some dank JP market cadillac?
>I dont like any of those
Wow, surprising. Incidentally, I love Ferrari but don't really like the 512BB. The car shapes are fine but I can't get over the orange headlights.

>surprising

find them all to be ugly cant help it

main reason I like the 911 is that is still has the same basic shape as it did in 1964 (60s and 70s are my favorite years for cars)

>The car shapes are fine but I can't get over the orange headlights.

depending on what country they were heading to they could be white or orange

those arent the headlights tho

The 1982 is a Toyota Chaser

That one looks much better. What were they, blinkers? Or position lamps? Anyways they look good in white.

>The story of a man who went from old money to drug money over the course of the 1980s

wew, seems like I failed at my nigger impersonation
I don't think even old money liked the 80s Bentleys and RRs, they were trash and nowadays niggers drool all over them

love me some 80s. id pick more cars if i could. 85 is my own.

What is that weird 88?
Also I have an obsession with popups too, but I love Italian exotics mostly.

Nissan Pulsar. Sexy as FUCK.

It might look a bit different if I'd give it more thought and time.
Here's my decades picks

>renault 5 turbo
>alpine-renault a310
>peugeot 205 t16

Good taste

I like your taste user, specially when it comes to 80s

GOAT

Just realized that I don't feel like the Countach would belong into my garage. It just seems like the obligatory 80's dream car. People change I guess. It's obviously an amazing supercar but it just isn't me.

If only I could understand what does it mean in internet language. Thanks I guess..

1983 Pontiac Firebird

Explain yourself OP.

Thing is a fucking monstrosity of cheap built quality and no balls

>no 88 fiero formula anywhere in the thread

Kys yourselves.

Fieros are garbage

especially the Formula its so ugly compared to a GT

France makes (made?) a lot of cool cars imo

wouldve had this on there if it wasnt just a concept

OP can you digg it?

muh dick

lol nice

I'll never forget the scene where he goes full retard with the 928

>no corvette C4
>a boring old man's bmw

9000 hours in paint

r8

6/10 would ride with
Read , I would have put the Corvette but you gotta pick. And I've always had a fixation for E34s

928 goes in all fields

OP here, that may well be the best post in the thread. I'm jelly of your taste.

Yet you prefer the latest design of it. 1986 is the last with the original tail lights. That's why I prefer one specific best year.

heh, I just picked the first 928 pic I found

Also I looked it up and I agree with you, 1986 has the best taillights.

This is the greatest and most honest collection I've ever seen.

What kinda car is placed in the 1982 spot?

Sweet baby Jesus!!

That's a Lancia 037

It's just the last year with the original design. I'm not saying that the facelift looks bad but I'm not a fan of modernized designs. It's a 70's car in the basis and it should look that way.
I'm not feeling the same way about 964 tho. I like how it looks.

I don't get it. Why wouldn't you just get a 964 if you like the looks of it?

whoever DOESN'T put an F40 in the 1987 spot is wrong & they should kill themselves

I can't imagine myself as a richfeg who keeps his super expensive car in the garage for most of the time. I most certainly couldn't daily it so I wouldn't buy it even if I'd have the buck for it.

Yeah the 964

What?

that's the thing, if you truly are a richfag who can afford an F40, maintenance shouldn't be that big of a problem.

if i can ever afford an F40, of course i wouldn't daily it, but i would drive it as much as i possibly can.

goddamn do i want to fucking drive an F40...

>1983
What's that?

You'd love it so much so you would let it experience every pothole and leave it parked anywhere? Ok, maybe all you roads between your daily destinations looks like that highway but unfortunately that's not my reality.

Great taste. t. OP
>I don't get it. Why wouldn't you just get a 964 if you like the looks of it?
What do you mean?
There's two kinds of F40 buyers: speculators (they were sadly the majority) and people who actually bought them to drive them. The good thing about having all those speculators is that you can basically buy a brand new F40 today if you have the money.

I kinda agree but on the other hand I can see why some people would pick the 959 instead.
t. OP

F40 is overrated and ugly

i live in florida, so roads are fairly good quality but extremely fucking boring, so i don't really have an issue there.

i do understand where you're coming from on the parking, but i don't think a bunch of geezers are really going to be interested in it. i would definitely be wary of anybody that comes close to it as the general public is fucking retarded when it comes to supercars.

you've got valid concerns, but they don't really apply to me (if i was rich, duh).

do the world a favor & stop existing.
thanks.

>1983

no its such an ugly car even the cool F40 looks ugly

Why would one want to convert its 911 so it would look like a newer model instead of just getting the real deal?

>whoever DOESN'T put an F40 in the 1987 spot is wrong & they should kill themselves
Are you the same guy?

Look at that first guy's 1982 pick.

>Why would one want to convert its 911 so it would look like a newer model instead of just getting the real deal?
What do you mean, the slantnose? That's not a 964 lookalike, it was a 930 variation.
Faggot, it's the last driver's Ferrari without electronic nannies to keep you on the road. It was also the fastest production car of its time. It's sound is also superb. And it's essentially a street legal race car, I mean look at that interior with its string operated doors, no stereo, no carpets, visible glue. Even the paint was applied in controlled quantities to save weight. And about "ugly", let's just agree to disagree. Based Pininfarina.
>the cool F40
>convertible
yeah right
>Look at that first guy's 1982 pick.
ayyyy

>it's the last driver's Ferrari without electronic nannies to keep you on the road

who cares

> It was also the fastest production car of its time

slower than the 959 and CTR

>It's sound is also superb

the LM sounds amazing the road car is meh

>And it's essentially a street legal race car, I mean look at that interior with its string operated doors, no stereo, no carpets, visible glue.

this just means its a stripped out shitbox

>And about "ugly", let's just agree to disagree

fine

>>convertible

F40 Barchetta is the best

>1983
>1983
>1983
>1983
>1983
Are you blind?

>slower than the 959 and CTR
Not production cars.

>Are you blind?
What do you mean?

It wasn't slower than the 959.
The entire reason the F40 was made was to outdo the 959.

It was slower, sadly. I'd still rather have a F40 than a 959 though.

The Grand National existed in 1983?

the GN came out in 1982

GN=/=GNX which was 1987

Great taste.

the GN didn't exist in 83 for whatever reason
it went 82 84-87
the Regal T Type existed in 83

So these guys like converted replicas. Let them be.

Now I get what you were saying. I'm not a Porsche expert, sorry. All I know is I'd love to have a 930 because it's famous for being hard to control, to the point that it was nicknamed "the widowmaker" because people would often get boost in the middle of a curve and end up leaving the road.
I'm attracted to 924s and 944s for aesthetic reasons.

>going out of your way to get an unsafe shitbox
what's wrong with you people?

>The entire reason the F40 was made was to outdo the 959.
This fact doesn't seem flattering to Ferrari. You can't really compare these cars. One of tham had comfy interior, good isolation and stuff like A/C, power seats and windows also were available. The other one is baically a road legal track car. It doesn't seem like the a bit older 959 that wasn't built 100% from ground up should be able to keep up with the red beast. ..but it did.

Is that the only reason why you like the car? They aren't so hard to drive. You just have to drive them differently. And you obviously first have to learn to drive it before you test its limits. A thing like modern sticky tires also would help this ''widowmaker'' issue.
I included both 930 and 964, also the 944 and 928 in my 80's picks Guess I'm kinda into Porsches.

>Is that the only reason why you like the car?
Well, I also like the idea of having an aircooled boxer engine and a RR layout, plus I love the look of the slantnose. I like Porsches but mostly the odd ones, and I'm not very attracted to watercooled 911s (although of course I would gladly keep one if I got it for free lol). I love the Carrera GT and its V10 too. And thanks to an user ITT I found out about the CTR 3 which is awesome looking too, looks like a baby CGT.
According to Ferrari themselves it wasn't created to beat the 959, but that could be just marketing to pretend they don't care about Porsches.

>They aren't so hard to drive. You just have to drive them differently. And you obviously first have to learn to drive it before you test its limits.
Oh, of course, but that's what makes it interesting. It's not that I want to slide out in a corner, it's that I think it's attractive to have a car which can punish me with death for being stupid or a bad driver. It's pretty Darwinian and I find that absolutely sexy.
>A thing like modern sticky tires also would help this ''widowmaker'' issue.
That kinda beats the point tho...

>I think it's attractive to have a car which can punish me with death for being stupid or a bad driver.
Every car can do that.

convertibles are never cool

>paying more for a car with a tent on top instead of a nice roof which doesn't fuck up the bodylines of the car

That's not a convertible.

>Every car can do that.
Not really, they can do so if you're a terrible driver, bad is often not enough.

You just aren't trying enough.

>1980 Excalibur Series IV
>1981-1983 Panther De Ville
>1984 Clénet Series II
>1985 Clénet Series III
>1986 Panther Kallista
>1987 Stutz Blackhawk
>1988 Zimmer Golden Spirit
>1989 Excalibur Series V sedan

Spotted the noveau riche
Nice pleb taste

Thanks senpai

Nice snobbery and caring about how others think

>implying caring about what others think isn't the staple of neoclassical car buyers

I believe this belongs to you, y/o/ur Majesty.

Check out the fleet.

I like your taste, user
Is the 1985 some Citroën concept?

Well that was easy.

I dig the red one. Looks... distinct. The fenders, the full frontal blinkers...