/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"Nigga how is it so hard to make proper new threads like nigga just copypaste from the OP pastebin template" edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Total Defeat:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jye_7u8ydYQ
youtu.be/Is2SKL_CVaE
youtube.com/watch?v=DoeksAd4GoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NEW RECOIL PATTERN COMPARISON IN 5.2 VIDEO IS UP

youtube.com/watch?v=jye_7u8ydYQ

>Kapkan Sant
>People in Russia only believe in Father Frost

ded moroz is literally santa

But we don't call him that Santa

but we call him ded moroz
only the name is different

How does Russia feel about the assassination of that ambassador?

Is WW3 soon fellow operator?

Now that the blood thirsty Democrats are losing control of America probably not.

Spetnaz already sent prepare for the extermination of roaches

Same in Serbia. "Deda Mraz is our equivalent to Santa Claus, though it's naturally not exactly the same, so I see his point.

youtu.be/Is2SKL_CVaE

I grabbed a little bit of footage from the casual in house last night. next time ill record full rounds so i can put everyones highlights up. I am sure I missed some good plays and funny moments.

Memes about that are pretty funny
Friendship is not ended with Turkey, so no WW3 yet

Delet this.

Did you upload the right footage? This has clips on Bartlett and Hereford Base, not House

yeah, i didnt actually grab any footage from the house match, I thought I did but I can't find it.

what is the point of posting this when you know we dislike memers?

just post it in the TS chat for your memer-friends and that's that

Didnt seem very meme intense, just bad players.

Because it has nothing to do with memes. Are you actually complaining about a gameplay video being posted in the games general? TS is really killing this general man.

Thrilling and humorous video, friend.

is putting silencer on every weapon retarded?

It's yet another video that gives a bad impression of the TS, because it's only showing the meme-squad playing and no one else.

t.rarecheddar

On every weapon yes on only a few no

(You)

>TS user posts video of a fun in house for the others to see
>Has no cringey meme shitposting
>General gets triggered because people actually group up and play instead of waifu post and complain in the general

>KNIFE FIGHT! XD

How is it really to play with /r6g/?

I really like this general, but the teamspeak has got a very bad reputation here.

As a low platinum with quite uneven matches, would I enjoy playing with them, or would it just be a frustrating time (skills wise)? How bad is the memeing and joking, are people autist-tier retards or actually fun and cool guys?

I could use a party to play with, as pretty much all my friends have dropped the game already.

Should I key site this ($18) or wait until crizmus sales? Like I kinda doubt it'll be lower on steam since it'd mean more than 50% off needed, but eh, what does it usually go down to on holidays?

The teamspeak is great. Just avoid the memers and you're golden.

It's a mixed bag skillwise. There are everything from newfriends/baddies to really good diamond/plat players.

You're gonna have to test the waters by yourself, don't get discouraged if you get burned with someone, there's a lot of people there. Just a few bad appples a TS bad not make.

>HAVING FUN IN MY SUPER SERIOUS GAME?!

General hates the TS because some of the users there are either bad or shitpost too much.
TS hasn't helped because they come in here and fuck with the autists who hate it, but everyone in there is very friendly and there are a few good players. Unfortunately the best players in there are awful autists. Its great for casual.

you the english not the bad the make english

I'd argue it's also great for ranked if you play with the right people.

Just, you know, don't queue into ranked with a newbie level 30. That's always a bad ride. Just play casual with him. Or just jump into another team that's actually looking to do ranked.

That's true. But some of the better players tilt easily and expect some pretty ridiculous things.

You've never heard the expression? It's wrong on purpose

I'm a native english speaker

yeah but you fucked it up

Eh I know what you mean, but on the flipside I've learned to deal with pressure and how to play better, and also when to take a break before the tilt gets off the charts

How many players regularly visit the TS?

Which region do you play in?

I'm mostly afraid of getting stuck with retards like in that CS:GO video of /v/ playing, that was huge some time ago. So, is there really no meme-spouting in the chat and such? I mean, I understand if there are some Veeky Forums related jokes, but yelling IMPLYING and such is just too far for me.

I don't know, it's a few regulars and a lot of people that come every now and again.

There's both NA-friends and Eurofriends. TS is most active for each during their respective night-times.

I'll repeat - if you avoid certain bad apples, you'll get basically zero meme-speak in chat or on voice, and it'll be just like playing with any other friend. You'll just get fun operator times in casual, and serious operator times in ranked. After a while of navigating your way there you'll realize who you like to play with and who you prefer to avoid. Very simple like that.

Just avoid the drunk german guy

Also how recommended or mandatory is any of the DLC stuff? I see a bunch of what I assume is cosmetic stuff, then a big 'Year 2 Pass' which just looks like a season pass with characters and junk obviously, what happened to the year 1 pass then, just bundled into the game purchase now? "Complete Edition" is assume is just the mountain of skins and stuff included with the pass.

Hey friendo.

Read the first few lines of the OP, yeah? You might find something useful there.

Woops, I'm too used to generals just having shitpost and otherwise useless OPs.

No biggie. If you don't find your specific question answered there just ask here again

Can always use more questions to add to it

>10, 20, 30 gadget kills for the new charms

Guess I'm instalocking Fuze every round now.

Thanks for answering my questions about the TS, I'll probably give it a go soon.

The new charms are ugly, man

No problem mang, have fun

based on that video recoil wise the extended barrel is better for caveira's smg, but it should still be viable silencer for being sneaky peaky right?

you already have a silenced pistol that you can use while you're still undetected, fuck you need a silenced SMG for?

>4 other players on your team trying to instalock him as well
What a poor challenge choice for this. I would have been fine if it was just get 100 total kills this week as a Christmas challenge

Chart from image desc.

I'm bad at shooting with pistols ;_;

fun

stop caring so much about if supressors are viable or not. if you find them fun then use them

if you're good it doesn't make a difference
youtube.com/watch?v=DoeksAd4GoU

Time to spend 20 minutes putting muzzle breaks on fucking everything again. When is Ubi going to make the attachment menu not ass?

If you're bad then don't play Caviera
She's probably the highest skill ceiling OP in the game

Man that GIGN challenge was so fucking obnoxious, just as the spetnatz one. I fucking hate 1 speed fatasses.

You mean Compensators, right?
Don't tell me you actually use Burst-Fire on anything but the Famas.

but dont you enjoy spending 30 seconds going through menus of a single gun

with pistols not in general
>reading comprehension

I wouldn't say she has the highest skill ceiling
I'd say she's just an operator that heavily requires good map knowledge and gamesense, and even WITH that she's a suboptimal pick, which is why you never see her in ranked.

She's a fun operator though, so she's good for casual and pubstomps.

Just think about it - Cav is absolutely useless against an actually competent attacking team. As soon as a Cav is ID'd, no one is going to lone wolf it and they're going to be even more wary of flanks - so no interrogations for you. At that point, you're almost already better off with literally any other roamer.

But wait! There's more! If you die as a Cav before completing your mission or at least trading, you are now a dead weight to your team. If you had been Jager and died before completing your mission or at least trading, you'd at least still be credit to team with your ADS protecting your teammates, or Valk's cameras, or Mute's jammers, or Bandit's batteries, etc etc.

Aiming with pistols is the exact same as with any other gun
What you're unable of is landing shots where you need to constantly be clicking while moving your mouse, the sign of a bad player
You get most your kills by holding M1 and swinging your mouse in the direction of the enemy, yeah?
Don't worry, my reading comprehension is fine. Fine enough to realize that someone is a shitter by a line like "I can aim with gun X but not Y ;_;"

Just do it while you're in a match

One of my biggest gripes with the game, aside from the buggy Uplay layer, is definitely the interface.

It's like they tried to make a console interface, but it fails even as that.

So it's neither useful for consoles nor useful for PC's.

Just give me a menu that doesn't need to me click through a gorillion things to bu a skin or change a fucking attachment...

it's just that I still got to understand how pistol's recoil work, unless I one-tap people or fast fire on close range I can't hit people with them aside from the first hit, it would be easier if they added fucking laser sight for pistols though

It'd take you about 5 minutes to go into a custom game and shoot a wall with a pistol to find out how to recoil works though
...and pistols do have laser sights?

I mean red dot sight, for a moment I though laser sight were called laser pointers

>it would be easier if they added fucking laser sight for pistols though
user............
they have laser sights
and you shouldn't use them unless you're a shield

Ah, read through the starting out bin and all that, only thing I still wonder then I guess is about the stuff, how hard do sales usually go on this and do they usually cut anything from the Gold/Complete editions? Cause shit, I'll wait a few more days if they're gonna cut complete down a hefty chunk.

You should use laser sights on all pistols because the only time you're gonna pull yours out is if you're in the middle of a firefight already and your primary ran out of ammo, at which point hiding your presence isn't a concern of yours anymore

see

LOL FUN IN MY GENERAL? SORRY FRIENDO IVE GOT A HUGE BAD DRAGON HORSE COCK DILDO RIGHT UP MY ASS AND IM NOT TRYING TO LET ANYONE HAVE FUN

pistols are quite easy if you have a low sensitivty, I'm using kixstar's sens which is insanely low, 20 inch 360 turn, 32 inch 360 ADS. It's easy to find a target and then ADS on their head because the ADS sens is so low you can't overextend.

As far as I know (check the Steam page for claritication)

Standard edition is just the base game, no changes. You unlock the operators with your renown (XP points). The Year 1 DLC ops cost more renown a pop, same as the Year 2 DLC ops (upcoming).

Gold edition (right now) is the base game + Year 2 Season pass, that means you still unlock the vanilla operators with XP, The Year 1 ops with XP, and the Year 2 ops are given to you as they come out right away, along with a few exclusive cosmetics.

Complete edition (right now) is base game + Year 2 season pass + Year 1 Op Bundle, so that means you unlock vanilla operators with XP, you get Year 1 ops right away, and you get the Year 2 ops as they come out right away, along with a few exclusive cosmetics.

I don't know for how much it might drop during holiday sales. Do your research, there's always sales going on somewhere.

I don't pull mine out just when I'm already in the middle of a fight though
And sometimes if you take cover and have no time to reload, that split second of the laser showing can tell the enemy exactly which angle you're at, which can be deadly

Badly meme'd, my cancerous friend.

Someone post the in-house where the players were verbally baneposting for a straight 2+ minutes

the game looks pretty damn good in that webm, is that with ultra hd pack/sweetfx?

Can we not?
I think it's pretty well established that the only people posting videos are posting the very worst in the TS, and are in no way representative of us all.

no it's default

Would you be so kind to upload your mouse sens .ini file somewhere and link it here please? I remember there was a multiplier you could change there so the slider in-game could go even lower than normal to be more precise, but I forgot the specifics

>play with ts
>full of autists who yell at people for fucking up in casual
Not even once

literally when?

I think you just need to change these values under [INPUT]

MouseSensitivity=70
MouseYawSensitivity=70
MousePitchSensitivity=70
MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit=0.002230
XFactorAiming=0.020000

AimDownSights=35
AimDownSightsMouse=50

It took me like a month to git gud with this sensitivity but it made me a much better player.

You have been visited by the Doc of friendliness and no shitposting
Nice threads and drugs will come to you but only if you reply to this post with "merci, docteur"

Friendly reminder that if you want to avoid cancer in the general, simply employ 4chanx's handy Filter tool to filter the typical shitposting starters. Or at the very least, do not reply to them! It's that simple.

Do your part. Do not fan the flames of shitposters. Only you can prevent bad generals.

merci, docteur

thanks doc, you're alright

It was a while ago, some europe people and a really autistic kid yelling named ragin or something

gracias, doctor

Thanks man, much appreciated

I haven't played since the new patch

Is Fuze a legitimate terror now or he just really used in Casual still?

Hes back to being at least 1 free kill.

I've seen more Fuze kills in the last few days than I've seen in the last few months. Everyone is playing him now. Blackbeard's reign of terror is over but Fuze's has just begun.

The gadget kills challenge rolled out too.

The king is dead, long live the king.

>How does Russia feel about the assassination of that ambassador?
It doesn't feel anything, really. Official position is "damn terrorists wanna brake out friendship with Turkey! they shall not!". Common position among so called patriots of Russia can be discribed as "fucking amercia is bullying us again, it's all set up!". As you can see whole situation is pretty pathetic. Reminder that when Griboyedov (russian ambassador) got killed in Tehran (19 century), tsar of Iran sent biggest fucking diamond in whole world and prince of Iran to Petersburg begging for forgiveness.

At least I'm glad the shitters that used BB as a crutch are gone

Whenever I see a BB now I more or less know he means business and is actually good

Fuze is quite literally pretty much the same he's always been, people are greatly blowing his buffs out of proportion
>gadgets lethal range is still the exact same
>just shoots 1 more grenade now
>if you hadnt hit anything with the first 5 grenades back in the day then chance is the 6th wont hit shit either
>you now get an extra fuze charge tho thats p cool
>ak-12 got nerfed to shit with 5.2 too for some reason even tho it was already one of the weakest guns

>tfw no one mains doc

Suits yourself

except that now his pucks have an extended damage range. before it was either kill or nothing, now you can kill or damage people depending on the range, which makes it a bit better.

I play most of the support operators, and I suffer greatly for it.

I keep winning games with doc

>Europe people
Well there's your problem
they're all tryhards, avoid them