/acg/ - Armored Core General: Custom Playmat Edition

Won it in a drawing for $10.

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Take

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>On

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Me

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Wong_Shao_Lung
ravenrepublic.net/2010/01/31/now-thats-an-armored-core-aaliyah-custom/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know it's been a few days, but it's time to come out of hiding.

Can someone explain why the cradles have to fly? Wouldn't it be cheaper to stick an artificial habitat on the ground and just plant a bunch of trees?

I'm guessing Kojima Radiation is just that powerful. There's probably a good reason NEXTs aren't normally allowed in Cradle airspace.

LIVE

Well, if Space Battleship Yamato and an Enviromental Engineering intro course taught me anything, it's that pollutants, especially the really nasty ones like Kojima particles, permeate the soil. It's usually not a fast process, but it just keeps going down and down and down. If they had the ability to make KP-impermeable structures, they would exist. Cradles are inherently cost-ineffective.

>cradles

>there's probably a good reason NEXTs aren't normally allowed in Cradle airspace.

Huh, I was wondering why no NEXTs were around to defend the cradles when you and Old King attack them.

Thats a nice playmat Ahab, congrats on getting it.

bump

bump

STOP 404'ING YOU COWARDS

Last bump, good night /acg/. Please be here tomorrow.

I will lend you a hand and a helping bump. May Nineball preserve us.

Someone else needs to take over now. Looks like Veeky Forums is starting to slow down, so it should be easier.

How many normals would you need to kill a next

On an open and flat battlefield, about a dozen BFF normals could pull it off with a bit of luck.

In an enclosed space where they can ambush you at point blank, a couple Algebra normals could knock out a next with just a couple punches. Alternatively, they have a good chance in urban fights as long as they have a massive numerical advantage due to their unusually high maneuverability for Normals.

The other corporations are shit out of luck though, unless they're fighting trash NEXTs like Celebrity Ash.

Thread AP at 30%

I dont know if you guys like or hate Celebrity Ash.

We love to hate him

bump

I think the Algebra Normals still get bodied in an open urban space. Permaflight is just too strong of an advantage.

The only normals that could even feasibly stand a chance are those that comprised Silent Avalanche. Every other normal in the game is pure garbage.

They're actually pretty dangerous in those couple snowy/foggy city missions that they appear in. If you let your guard down for a second and stop moving, they can sneak up and pile you to death pretty easily. I mean it's not likely, but in the few scenarios where it's possible at all for Normals to win I'd say the Algebra ones have some of the highest chances. Especially VS a slow and unskilled pilot like Wonderful Body.

But mostly this. And even then they barely count, since they're mostly just long range gun emplacements with a Normal suit strapped to them.

With how shitty it is to be a Normal pilot in the 4 universe, imagine how horrible it has to be getting stuck in an MT. Or worse, getting stuck in one of those missile trucks or a helicopter. Those guys probably get curbstomped by GA's shitty Normals. The second a NEXT appears you're already dead.

'

It's not just the radiation but the air supply. Above the atmosphere, the Cradles have an unlimited and untainted supply of air and sunlight. On the ground they would need constant filtering and have to likely use kojima reactors for power (no solar) defeating the purpose of avoiding radiation.

Also defense. Because of the satellite weapons any high atmosphere missiles or jets or weapons like that are highly vulnerable to being shot down, leaving only the few, corporation controlled nexts as threats to a cradle that flies. Even arms forts aren't going to be good at fighting in the upper atmosphere, Answerer doesn't float very high.

I never understood why they allowed you to use PA when fighting on the cradles, though.

The real reason to both though? Miyazaki has a fetish for quirky level design and logic be damned when he wants to make a floating platform stage.

AC4 Era nexts could be legitimately threatened by a well-trained normal team (Silent Avalanche, Bharat Squadron). A large enough swarm of Interior normals could pose a threat too, most notoriously when paired with fixed cannons. In AC4, even some of BFF's ships had weapons capable of fighting a next one on one, as long as the next didn't get in close.

But ACFA speed nexts basically need some kind of special weapon to defeat, like the Torus rail cannons or prorotype nexts, or some of the proto-arms forts.

>I never understood why they allowed you to use PA when fighting on the cradles, though.
1. I think they just forgot about the non-PA missions in AC4, or maybe they decided those missions were too hard or unbalanced or something. I'm not sure if it would actually be possible to beat Old King without any PA.

2. They may have allowed it because of desperation. When you have 100 million lives at stake, giving 10 million of them cancer isn't such a big deal compared to the alternative.

What was up with Lilium? How the heck did she get such a high ranking? Is there any more info about her other than the obvious stuff?

Now I know what Cyrano's emblem is supposed to be.

>YOU HAVE LEFT THE COMBAT ZONE

The worst bit of VD

Why even bother with MTs at that point.
When a NEXT comes in they should just leg it.

Not much. I always got the feeling that Wong had a lot of clout within Collared, being an old veteran and not willing to rock the boat. As his favorite student, she probably absorbed some of that status which, combined with her great skill, boosted her to the #2 spot instead of Wynne or Roadie.

>Wonderful Body

What was GA even thinking? They had more to work with in fucking Dan Moro than him.

>We've trained this man wrong, as a joke

Top combat ability my ass.

If the NEXT was fighting Kojima proofed Normals inside Sphere, it would only take a few of them. Bahrat Squadron could probably do it as well.

Why would a NEXT be fighting in Sphere for anything other than a super quick mission?

They made you go into Sphere to quel a worker rebellion in AC4, the normals were pretty annoying in that mission.

sadf

>Oldking without PA might be impossible
Excuse you what
Of course it's possible.

You take a fuck ton of damage without PA up. With how crazy Old King flies around on the cradles, he'd destroy you with chip damage easily.

>one of those missile trucks or a helicopter

Now imagine being in one of those on a base that is under attack and then a allied NEXT comes to save the day, I wouldnt be surprised if NEXT pilots are seen as some kind celebrities on their respective military forces.

>I'm not sure if it would actually be possible to beat Old King without any PA.

I possible, and in any case, they could save those for hard mode if they didnt want to force players on such "difficult" missions.

Wong and any influence that BFF or the Wolcott family have probably help her, Wong doesnt consider her even close to be as good as Mary.

>a worker rebellion

I always wanted a mission were you have to help a traitor to escape and by doing you get a mission to attack a arms fort or a special weapon on its base.

>Wong doesnt consider her even close to be as good as Mary.

Where is this stated?

armoredcore.wikia.com/wiki/Wong_Shao_Lung

>How endearing... I expected too much from that girl[Lilium]. She's not half the fighter Mary was.

That sounds like a case of git gud.

I wonder if Otsdarva could have actually defeated AM if he was fighting for real.

previous protagonist, I really doubt it, he probably even try to fight for real at a moment, but when he realized it wasnt going to work, he faked his death before time to avoid getting killed for real.

Fighting White Glint was the only possible mission dangerous enough to threaten the safety of the League's best pilot. He definitely premeditated it.

Night /acg/, survive.

Why are the reaper squad so fucking edgy

There's only so much you can narratively do with red and black genetically modified supersoldiers, user.

Anyone have any idea what the moonrunes say?

Something something "muh honor".

Guys.....

Copy & Paste? Inspiration? C'mon, there's a reason why it looks so similar.

It's a shame because red and black is a great colour scheme.

What is this?

Looks like a clip from NieR2. Demo goes live on the 22nd, so I think Japan has had it for about a day now.

Woah
Since when was Nier a mecha game?

Nier: Automata

Since Nier: Automata. It reminds me so much of For Answer. But more so, I could see the next generation mechs looking something like that and having a Jet-mode. But then they would just call it Macross instead of Armored Core.

Those moments you just want to ask the developers from where they got the idea.

It reminds me of a custom Aaliyah kit.

Love it

here its is.

ravenrepublic.net/2010/01/31/now-thats-an-armored-core-aaliyah-custom/

It's the team emblem from V.

It's so fucking bad
can count layers on your hands
Truly befitting

It screams Ahab on every level.

Bump

Bump.

>they're not even being subtle about ripping it off

This ruffles my johnnies.

L I V E
I
V
E

Is the haikufag back?

How about LiV instead?

What is even the meta for beating that thing? I've only managed to pull it off once and I can't remember how.

Well, hate to break it to you, but S74R made that, not me. My handiwork looks a little more like this.

Who was your favourite VD pilot?
>that one guy who talks about how much he doesn't wanna die before the fight and how he'll just have to do his best
I wish he ejected.

I like that one pilot who only showed up in a single mission and had an edgy quote before his battle and absolutely no dialogue during the battle.

Jack

the one you work one mission with him and you fight him later, the emble was a cat.

bump