I want a comfy suv under 30k, is pic related the best option?

I want a comfy suv under 30k, is pic related the best option?

X5 or Benz ML

if you can keep up with maintenance then yes
where do you live?
give us your local craigslist

why do you need an SUV for ?
are your over 400 lbs ?

is lexus or toyota an option for him? looking at maintenance costs

Why do you want a big crossover?

Can't go wrong with a Q7. I know somebody who bought one brand new in 2007 and drove it for 85k with not a single issue. The 1st gen are much better looking than the new slab.

i like going on long roadtrips, so need something with lots of room for my stuff, fishing rods lugagge etc.

FWIW My bro had an '09 X5 in his shop earlier this year for some work, scanned it and got 50 DTC codes. These Luxo germans are strictly lease-new/CPO sort of deals and then dump them. 3rd owner is in for a world of hurt.

My vote is for a GX470/GX460.

Land Rover, much more capable than any Audi, BMW, or MB, except maybe the G wagon. You can look like a normal human being but still able to cross a river and serious offroad.

What about 1st gen Porsche Cayennes? I know about the plastic pipe problem, but other than that would it be a good buy, even with a bit miles on it (90k miles/150k km)? Looking at around 2005-2007 models.

If you want comfy, you cannot beat pic related. Seats are like Lazy Boys and with stock tires, the ride is cush.

Get a Chevrolet Tahoe, fuck your Audi SUV, nobody gives a shit about your soccermom ride

No.

>I want an SUV
If you want to haul things, get a truck or a van.
If you want to go offroad, get a proper offroader
If you want comfort, get a large four doors saloon.

what country?

q5?
>literally overpriced tiguan

get a x3 if you want a bored housewife "SUV"
>or you could just not be a faggot

That's a Q7. Otherwise I agree, don't bother with a Q5, Tiguan, or X3. Go big or go home.

>My vote is for a GX470/GX460.
This. Those are real torque monsters. The effortless power you get from it is just marvelous. I love GXs. I just wish the new GX is not as atrocious looking as the new LX.

An SUV has a tall covered cargo area. The only other vehicle that has that is a van and nobody wants a van

>he doesn't want a van
wow, look at that faggot
Also, any family saloon has as much if not more cargo room thanks to foldable seats.
Seriously, contemporary SUVs are the car equivalent of "jack of all trade, master of none", you have decent everyhting but good nothing.

Thanks for completely ignoring tall covered cargo area. A sedan does not have as much height in the cargo area as an SUV, there's no getting around that.

>suv
Could buy a gun for a lot less, give the rest to charity and then kill yourself for such retarded impulse

>nobody wants a van

Why not? If you only transport one passenger a cargo van is a great vehicle. They're so practical that nothing else comes close. The Sprinters are stylish and you can brag that you drive a Mercedes-Benz.

Jetta/Golf sportwagen tdi.

I own a '05 X5, had a small issue with T/C coming off randomly (fixed), has been a good comfy car overall
not like you gonna be taking your daily driver mudding or something

RX is the only one you should get used

I think he wants something that actually looks decent.

>big
>reliable
>comfy
>quick

Get an older lexus VUS, it a toyota you can't go wrong

Because the average consumer looks at form over function