/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread:>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx (embed) (embed)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx
teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for Miat's PVP alerts

>(embed) (embed)
Didn't realize there was a new (embed)

Oh well

>walk in
>see this

What do

Steal every item in the room and pickpocket her.

Looks like a filthy Nord.
So nothing.

>not wanting nord cunny

Shit taste.

It's like a warm fire in a blizzard

My dick belongs to only one woman.

Something like this.

>She keeps calling you Sven
>Öh yëäh, fück më wïth yöür fät smörgäsbörd
I'm good

>ran through vet FG1 about a dozen times
>no kragh shoulder drop at all

im never going to get a medium one with divines, am i

Do I go EP or DC for my Bosmer Nightblade?

I know it doesn't matter much but which one would feel better as a bosmer?

>item not yet ready

I sure hope you're not implying that the kragh shoulder drops from FG1.

d-do they only drop from the undaunted chest??

How is my kahjit /ESO/, I'm a new player.

no keep running FG I its bound to drop eventually user

>it's a you really enjoy this game but you're waiting for the rebalance patch to kill proc sets and destro ult so you can actually come back to playing eso episode
hurry the fuck up, I know you ain't gonna fix pvp and it's still taste like sucking dick but right now it like sucking two dicks.

There ain't any of that on good ol' BWB, you don't have to wait.

99% of khajiits characters are black. The other 1% are white.

That's not true, mine's yellow

0,01%
Post pics of that one.

Yes. All shoulders drop excursively from the undaunted chests.

>tfw Imperial mananaut cap and goggles is jew crates only

Where do you think the Hollow City in Coldharbour is from?

I can't, I'm not at my desk, and besides, he's old and has a dad bod

That feel when 8 months in BWB and still bad
How to improve
I've read somewhere that you should practice by attacking groups and trying to stay alive longer each time, is that a good method? Also is it worth it to watch videos from ESO youtubers?

Exploit line of sight, don't overextend, don't be an hero, wear heavy armor and try making a decent build.
Some of the youtubers are based and helpful, yeah.

explain bad

are you rolling with a group? solo? what's your class and build? these are also good tips

>tfw have three cats
>not a single one is black
>especially not solid black
I just can't bring myself to do solid colors when there's so many cool patterns.

Really?, I dunno I just thought black looked the nice

If I had to guess, somewhere in the nibenay basin seems good from a developer standpoint, also close enough in proximity to the other Ayleid ruins, specifically Abagarlas which seems to have been somewhere Northeast of Lake Rumare's shore

Alot of people do. Then again its real easy to go solid one color, getting the right looks and dimersions when you want to go just the right orange with tiger stripes or straight up cheetah or leopard is hard because the game settings dont give you just the right yellow for the fur, its always either pure white, or any color comes out looking burnt or dirty

I thought you were talking about real cats for a second. I have a black cat and he is the best.

Well it's not Sutch since we know that Jorunn studied in Sutch in his youth.

I have a feeling that I don't learn anything from playing. I used to, some months ago, but I can't seem to now. I repeat my mistakes - guilty of constant heroing and overextending - and just mindlessly go back there to try again. I know about most things but can't apply them. I know I can play much better but I rarely have good days anymore, and desu the environment stresses me - it feels like all the experienced players know each other and gather to duel and jump around in a circlejerk, and I feel like I'm inferior to them.
It got so bad that I instantly lose morale when I see the opponent jumping, as I know it's a sign he's seasoned and overconfident in himself.
I think I should chill

Is there a better way to buy than to just look at the guild stores randomly and hope they have what you need?

It's all a game of intimidation desu, if you are afraid then your enemies will know and they will exploit your fear, it sounds useless but sometimes you really just have to believe in yourself (and have a decent build), lure people into your territory, and exploit their overconfidence, fuck their shit up and don't let them get away once they realize they fucked up.

If you're on NA PC, yes, there's this guild called BWB Fight Club where most of the douchebags talk and organize duels, I used to be there but left because it was just so salty. Not sure if you've heard of The Guild of Night Blader :^)
If you're EP get outta there asap the difference is like night and day on other factions in PvP.

There's a quest in shadowfen for EP where you help argonians protect their eggs from dominion soldiers trying to kill them before they hatch, and nightblades seem like the 'shadowscale' class too, so maybe you could say there's common ground.

Also worth noting the argonians in grahtwood are well received by the local bosmer. Seems like those two races have the most ideological crossover.

Is there a free trial or something for this game? I'm too poor to even spend $10.

Well there WAS a free weekend thing running on different weeks for different consoles, but that was back in November though.

Sorry user.

Fuck.

>it's a 'tank is circle-strafing regular hits from a boss that occasionally has a heavy hitting cone attack' episode

times like that you tell the tank to calm the fuck down

Is possible to become Emperor with no friends and guild mates? I suppose that I have to stay away from Trueflame.

I've seen this happen in BWB, though you have to be hardcore, get the dungeon AP buffs, repair any walls you see and basically don't sleep the whole week.

>Is possible to become Emperor with no friends and guild mates?
Hahahaha no

The best players get the shit kicked out of them on a regular basis. Its nigh impossible to do that without a solid guild/PVP crew. Even then those that have done it and told the experience say that they basically had no life for a week and gamed almost 24/7

Every black cat I've owned have been awesome but they're never around for long for some reason (1st ran, 2nd got some bladder infection that was chronic and caused too much pain, 3rd was poisoned by neighbor). I guess I'm bad luck to them. whereas my orange tabby is 11yrs old and I've had him since kittenhood

I just looked at my account that I used back in beta that has never owned the game and I have a free trial on it.

Wait, where would I find that? This is all I see on the account history.

is there any reason to do that orcs undaunted delve daily that isnt the three dungeon pledges?
it just keeps giving me total shit items

Why archers so fucking weak, wtf with this retarded game. I don't want to run with fucking daggers like retard. Will drop game just because bow sucks.

stealth archer pls go

>queue for dungeons
>find one after half an hour
>cant even hit accept before the faggot leader disbands
>cant queue for 15 minutes now

are you FUCKING kidding me

Tfw need a Sharpened Bow of the Master to be a good stealth archer.

ZOS staff browses Veeky Forums? Are they browsing this thread?

My arrow will fucking go in your fucking head.

I haven't played this game since shortly after it went Buy to Play

I just reinstalled and hopped back in - What should I know? I'm a sorcerer who has most of their points put into healing, and would probably primarily focus on that later down the line.

Is there anything in particular I should have in mind while leveling? Any tips or tricks that wouldn't be readily apparent to someone who's practically new?

It's on my dashboard right as I log in

I don't see it anywhere after I log in, I guess I just don't have one.

The so-called "meme arrows", "implication implicators" or whatever you want to call them was a thing before Veeky Forums. When people say they're used for quoting, they mean it. He's probably just old.

Check out pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx
If you're making a sorcerer healer, make sure you're getting the twilight and morph it into the one that heals you, itself, and the other party members.

>Miat's PvP alert
>3. Names of stealthed players of enemy factions around you. Provides the names of the players who are currently in stealth. nearby. The list has separate indications for faction and class of the stealthed player. Friends, group members and KOS targets have separate distinguishable icons near their names.

Does this thing actually tell you when someone INVIS is there? If so, how does, and why does it have the name of someone invis in the area? Or is it someone that was there, but went invis recently? I'd have thought the client should not have names of people nearby if they're invis.

Being EP is suffering.

Buy a horse ASAP, they were like 42k before but now the cheapest is 10k and training the horse is character-specific ('riding skill') rather than horse-specific

Getting good gear is EZ shit now, just look up all the sets find where they drop and go grind (probably best to wait until level 160 though)

There's a 100% xp boost going at the moment so pick that shit up in eastmarch nerd

I've been looking through all the weapon and class skills on the wiki, and I see that the classes besides Nightblade are almost entirely Magika based while all the weapons besides staffs are Stamina based. Does this mean if I want to have a Stamina Templar or Dragonknight it's going to be complete dog shit? I don't really get it.

How do I become a vampire in ESO? Or is it blocked behind a paywall?

You can get someone to bite you, usually for a small tip at the biting location, or do the quest/pve thing which I think has a time window you have to do it in. Or you can (((pay for it))).

teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/

Cheers lads. This game is pretty comfy, and not as bad as I've heard overall. It's a shame that I'm on PS4, I doubt there's a huge player base on there. How about on PC?

How jewish is that monkey you get for completing the thieves guild questline?

Is it good? Bad? I should rerol for daggers? Decent but need gear? Some boss spider in CoS.

>35% skim
Never worth using

>Login error
>connection to the server timed out
WHY
TWO GODDAMN NIGHTS IN A ROW

wait, what is this?
It's pretty cool.

>finally getting a pair of arm chops from the set you want after 20 undaunted keys

>too scared to check if its the right type and trait

Judging by number of pvp servers, I think there's more on consoles. I have no hard numbers on this, and could be wrong tho.

I'd probably jizz in mypants if tremorscale dropped from the chest, and I've done waay more than 20. Now using 2 characters to do 6 pledges per day, and considering leveling a third to 50 fast for more.. and missing that glorious bwb pvp in the process.

her

Why?

Skills have stamina/magicka morphs later on.

You can be what you want.

>join a group for imperial city prison
>level 10 or so gets in the group
>he says hello and starts jumping
>the tank initiates a vote to kick him for being low level
>it passes
>he stops jumping and i just have to stand there by him until he teleports out

im sorry ;_;

Some of those DLC dungeons are pretty darned hard, even on easymode for new/undergeared people. And it's a real chore when you've got 1 or 2 really low level, or really bad/new DPS. Like those times where you have to DPS something down or bash something or someone dies.

name is Wifi Lord let me know if u need a healer.

I once carried a bunch of level 10-15 players through City of Ash II as a healer. All those healing colours and effects made me light headed by the end of it.

Didn't get a thank you afterwards either.

Ok, I'm done. cya

at what level should I make the earliest training set for another character?
Like, 16?
I figure it's easy enough till then with bonuses and just picking up gear at random, then 16 is a large jump in equipment effectivness, and t2 armor.
I haven't decided if I'm gonna make more than one set at all, emeralds are a bit annoying to amass

Is melee weapon or bow sorcerer viable at all?

If you're on EU I can dump you some emeralds, you'll want to make several sets as the bonuses will lower as you level higher like lvl 16 armour at 16 will give you 500 magicka set bonus but that same 16 armour at character lvl 40 will give you 70 mag. Pre-OT was better for that you could just fuck off to orsinium with lvl 3 purple training and would bump all the stats to 160cp values.

I'm in NA, sorry.
Huh. That's pretty irritating to have missed that.

Idk if still works that way if you go to DLC zones but I wouldn't of thought, seeing as everything is scaled now but I guess all you'd have to do is go there and see if set bonus on say lvl 3 tiem give you like 900+ magicka

I craft a new blue training set at 4, 16, 26 and 36. I like messing around with styles, and if it's butt ugly, I can just convert it to imperial.

>convert it to imperial
Por que?
like, make a new set of imperial or...?

if you have the imperial edition, you can right click -> 'convert to imperial' on armor/weapons you crafted. (and generic ones you find, but not quest rewards or named items)

Just be an even better goy and buy some costumes off the shop.

>have fun seeing the racial styles change as they get better mats with the option to revert to a sane default
or
>buy a uniform costume and use ESO+ to dye it

you're kind of missing the point, chief

independent thought isn't something I value in my goys, I would sell you for a cheap price if you were one of mine.

>do decently in shitty gear in a random dungeon
>final boss arrives
>"I hope you can do this "My Name"
>Assure them I can
>drink psijic shit, gonna spam dolmens after the huge boost from daily random
>fight starts, tank tanks
>game then crashes, people probably think I did it on purpose
Just end my fucking life.

Just hit 160 on my magsorc. I want to keep using my winged twilight and/or clannfear and have been getting pieces of the necropotence set. Is this super retarded or only moderately suboptimal?