A part of me. Deep down inside

A part of me. Deep down inside.

Really like the Hyundai Veloster and wants to buy one.

Am I retarded?

Other urls found in this thread:

change.org/p/ford-ceo-mark-fields-ford-recall-faulty-focus-and-fiesta-transmissions
jalopnik.com/ford-focus-st-forum-complaints-result-in-wiring-harnes-1622529308
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, a bit.

Get a Fiesta ST.

> wanting korean garbage

Yes. You could buy a much faster/more fun car for less money if you had cash.

it looks like a teen's teary face after getting throatfucked.

I have one, it's okay. You have to acknowledge that it isn't a sports car, it isn't a hot hatch. It's a commuter with a bit more kick. Decent millage, fairly comfy, and the hatch is nice.

Why are OEM wheels always so fucking god awful

If you want a weird Hyundai, get an Elantra Touring. It's a Tiburon drivetrain with a wagon body dropped on it. An intake, Saab turbo kit ($2000), and ECU tune will get it pushing BRZ performance out of something people expect nothing of. Not to say that the BRZ is a high performance car, but it will nonetheless be fun.

That sounds very interesting

no fast
no build quality
no fun

I mean, if you want a hideous, slow, fat piece of Korean trash designed for college girls, then fine.

>Korean "design"

my gf ownes one, the fiesta st is better but the veloster turbo is still a really good car and comes with a bunch of shit normies like for notthat much so i guess there's that. also the depreciation means these things go for dirt cheap with low km on them.

Yes

You are retarded but the car is irrelevant

Decent stereo and the heated seats are nice.

I went to test drive one for shit and giggles and man was it bad.

>build quality so bad it makes subaru look like lexus
>vague rubbery shifter
>no power
>24k

Id rather a honda fit

This
Had a very similar experience

It would be acceptable at like 16k, but for 24k, the koreans deserve all the shit they get

get a focus ST instead

i have a n/a one. its not bad except for the throttle response (which could be tuned) and the weird rear suspention which is semi-ridged

don't know what you're on about. ive been driving an s2000 for 3 years now, it's an 00' which means it's a very raw driving experience and it has one of the best regarded shifters in a manual tranny. there is literally nothing wrong with the way the veloster shifts. very short and precise and the spacing on the shifts is really nice. it's very similar to the s2000 actually. And assuming you're talking about a new car what shitty build quality could you possibly be referring to? if something is loose/broken on a car with warranty, you take it to the dealer and they fix it. Everything mechanical feels very tight in this car.
also it has the same power as every car in its class?
>inb4 focus st
it's significantly more expensive and i know someone that has one and he's gone through 3 transmissions under 60,000 miles.

Focus ST? It's slower than a Fiesta ST, and more expensive.

Also, personal anecdotes regarding friend who can't drive's experience with a car need not apply.

>personal anecdotes regarding friend who can't drive's experience with a car need not apply.

change.org/p/ford-ceo-mark-fields-ford-recall-faulty-focus-and-fiesta-transmissions

>what did they mean by this?

STs are all manuals and MY13 or newer.

OH ok, so the normie Fiesta/Focus AND the FiST/FoST models are dogshit...

jalopnik.com/ford-focus-st-forum-complaints-result-in-wiring-harnes-1622529308

Apparently I like mine note than everybody else here that claims to have one.

Yes, it is slow. Yes, you shoukd opt for the turbo if you care. Yes, blindspots are a bitch. No, interior quality is not dogshit. Yes, it is cheap, yes the dealer will have tons of rebates on it if buying new. Yes, it is even cheaper used. No, you shouldn't buy one right now, yes, a new one is coming SOON that is apparently going to me mid-engined and a bona fide hot hatch.

the veloster will be cheaper second hand and just as fast as any other ricer in his STd

>like mine more
>you should opt

Damn Korean phone...

I like them too but for me its the whole hothatch deal.
Ive been wanting a small hatchback for awhile now.

But ill probably end up getting a Fiesta ST or a Volvo C30

lol, a wiring harness recall for the Focus that any dealership will replace for you for free?

Come on m8, it's like you're not even trying here. The Fiesta has one documented issue really, a faulty blend door actuator which is covered under warranty.

Literally 0 mechanical issues aside from people who go to forums complaining of a faulty clutch or transmission because they can't drive, or modded their car as to make it unreliable and are now complaining about their clutch issues not being covered under warranty.

Ford has eaten everyone else's lunch in this segment by offering affordable speed, with a nice blend of economy and amenity.

The ONLY recall the Hyundai Veloster has is for the panoramic roof shattering if you have one of those as an option.

So apparently the South Koreans know how to make a more mechanically sound car than the Americans. Yet bitches like you will cone here and defend Ford and GM's shit for free, without any payroll.

>ejecto sunroofo cuz

vs

>wiring harness recall

or

>faulty blend door actuator

You still haven't shown me a single negative about the Fiesta ST, the Focus is simply the brutish and less desirable cousin.

>sunroof that is an optional feature

v.

>transmission that is standard on all "MY13 and newer"

Get fucked, Ford shill.

lol, what transmission issues though? The DCT issues from MY11 and MY12?

>hyundai """"""""performance"""""""""

Being slow isn't a recall.

>Ford """""'"'''reliability"""""""''''''

>mustang

You realize that DCT isn't a transmission option in the ST's, right?

Secondly, that DCT was from a company that Ford and many other manufacturers used. All the brands that used that company's DCT had issues and now hey don't use them any more.

Well, korean vehicles aren't any better

Look at the quarter mile times though and also look at the 2.0 BPH and Power to weight compaired to the Mustang

Ford has no appeal to me. I'm kind of curious why there isn't a Honda Fit "ST". I would buy that.

Have you felt the materials? The door handles that feel like plastic from bootleg Chinese toys. Coming from a fellow s2k owner I'm kinda shocked

>just as fast as a st

In your delusions?

Got mine for 12~13 used. Just a couple cosmetic dings. Makes it seem much more reasonable

The handle feels fine IMO. Things I'd actually complain about are the weird floppy "cowls" on the gauges, or the stupid bar things in front of the shifter.

What about the awkward seatbelt tensioner for the drivers side? Or the Bluetooth failing to connect every other startup?

Haven't had any issues with the seatbelt arm, I was having the BT fail occasionally when I switched from my Moto X to an S7, but it stopped happening after a system update (on the phone).

You post this same rubbish in every veloster thread.

Stop trying to justify the vehicle.

/thread

Veloster is an Accent with a more stylish skin.

Same as...
The Scirocco is a Golf with a more stylish skin.
The CLS is an E-Class with a more stylish skin.
The R8 is a Gallardo with a more stylish skin.
The Escalade is a Suburban with a more stylish skin.

Veloster isn't a bad car. People look at it and project expectations onto it that it was never designed to meet in the first place.