/sgg/ Slasher Series General

Friday 13th, Last Year, Dead by Daylight /dbdg/

We are transitioning from a singular game general to a collection general. Please excuse the OP information as more will be added through in the next few thread cycles.

As of right now still using the Dead By Daylight information.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one

>Official Wiki
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

>removing the a
i guess but we already had 2 or 3 threads establishing it, what's the point now?

>Jason gets sense 30 seconds after the match starts
why not spread it out a little more?

>/sgg/
>Slasher Series General
boi

Literally impossible to find anyone without it, which is why it exists and is so overpowered.

Is anyone else finding the matchmaking to be worse than ever? I just get a black screen with "connecting" and music. I don't even get the view of Jason, and there's no option to back out of search.

because it sounded like Asscheeks

>was /assg/
>makes it /sgg/
>sgg doesnt even mean Slasher Series General

you're confusing me more than the dbd devs

>slasher games general ww@

you don't like asscheeks?

>He doesn't browse Slasher Geries General

i'm fine with it being early, but it's near instant. The teleports are what need nerfed

also
>respawn as tommy
>died next to phone
>go call the cops
>5 minutes til cops
>2 MINUTES REMAINING

you don't like /ss/?

>making a thread 40 posts early because you have some autistic rage against /assg/
Okay
If this thread gets deleted because early threads often do, don't be a sperg when you make the next one on time please.

If anyone has an extra F13 key and wants to trade it for a spare humble bundle code or two, shoot me an email with the code and what games you want from the list below

>Rebel Galaxy
>Broforce
>Styx: Master of Shadows
>The Red Solstice
>Starward Rogue
>Home

I just dont see the point of changing it
it really doesnt matter

>Being so much of a sperg over titles that you fuck up and write /sgg/ instead of /ssg/ in your excitement to one up some anonymous internet poster

Working as intended! :^)

DBD's beta end?

That's fucking hilarious

>play jason
>do what mommy say
>punish those brats
>chase one into a cabin
>death is coming for them
>i will end them
>"JASON THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE GOING TO STEAL MOMMY FROM YOU!"
I punished them for scaring mommy

the entity is pleased

So what am I supposed to do when Jason blinks next to my cabin and senses that I'm in there? Am I supposed to wait until I think he has entered, then leave throw a window or back door and hope he doesn't leave before I can jog away?

>Jason's mom is the entity
D E E P E S T

>wait and hide hoping he goes away
>set off fire crackers and run the other way he wont notice you leave
>turn on radio and then fire crackers next door

>wait and hide hoping he goes away
Hide where? Under a bed? That won't work.
>set off fire crackers and run the other way he wont notice you leave
Really?

it will, if you hold your breath at the right moment the cabin wont glow red

Just try whatever you can man, we're all first tiem playing this. Turn the music on and hide in a closet. Maybe he'll think it was just the radio and will leave. Only your character randomly screaming should technically reasure him you're around.

Think it's linked to one of the stats though?

You can't possibly hide before he can activate spider senses.

he cant see where you are in the cabin, it glows red on the outside even when he's in there
when im jason i check to make sure you are still there and if it's white i usually leave

Can Jason turn off the music?

By smashing the radio. Yes.

F13 Tips and Tricks:
-Press X to toggle snail walk and jogging
-Sprint only when Jason is about to grab dat ass
-Entered a house? Open all the windows and lock/barricade all the doors
-Shift-E to jump out of windows
-Team up with other campers, worst case scenario you might be able to stun him
-The signature F13 "ha ha ha" means Jason just teleported
-Fear increases chance of getting spotted by Jason's Sense
Anymore helpful info?

I'm a glitch magnet.

Alright, what would cause this?

I got into a lobby fine, everything went smooth. But when the game started I just had a black screen EXCEPT the minimap. I could move around fine, as was evident from the minimap. But I even waited a bit and nothing even seemed to attempt to load in. Is it my card? Or is it just a bug? I'm not too versed in computer parts.

>all these pc hotkeys

did we even play the same game? it's so much better with a 360 controller

exiting the window on the second floor results in taking damage

>a 360 controller
is this why people are complaining about not being able to see around them?

Yeah, but once you hide, the cabin stays red right?

Does F13 work with the dualshock 4?

Anyone else huge random lag spikes? I'm guessing the servers have been shitting the bed.

-You can sprint open doors.
-Try to always put a beartrap near the doors, so when Jason enters he will get trapped instantly.

-Using a flare gun while Jason is nearby will mark his position on the map for a while.

-He can listen to you talking to others, if you are carrying a radio and someone else speaks through it he WILL hear that as well.

-You can drop both inventory items and repair tools, so if you are carrying keys and you are fucked, drop them by the car.

-Blunt weapons are useful, you can stun Jason and buy yourself some time.

not always, if you hold your breath it stops being red. but you make a loud noise when you start breathing again, it's stealth related. usually there's more than one hiding spot too, so jason will get it wrong and get his weapon stuck long enough for you to escape
on the ps4

>swf stack 3 green fogs and a new moon
>just disconnect
Wew lads.

>-You can drop both inventory items and repair tools
I only see Drop large item in control settings, is is the same button?

let me in a game you peice of shit

I just want to have fun

will send nudes for beta key

Hint: You won't have fun

are you the same guy last thread who kept making stuff up?

No one wants to see your dick

cuck general

2 seconds isn't long enough to escape.

it's enough to book it, but i agree it should be longer

>spawn at higgins
>phone is there
>immediately call the cops
>hide in the woods for 5 minutes
>somehow be the only one to escape even though everyone else was alive when the police showed up

Is it common to get d/ced mid game in F13, or it was just me?

yes, it's because they're stress testing the servers.

Jason probably intercepted any of them attempting to head for the police
Had a similar game where I rung the police off the bat and had jason after me until I somehow lost him by hiding out in a house when I acted like I was leaving. Only reason I got out alive after one or two lost their lives attempting to leave at the police stop was because I fixed the two person car by myself and bailed the opposite direction

Booking it is worthless. It isn't possible to get away once he sees you.

Also, this game is pretty much unplayable right now because half of the playerbase are the Athletic Nigger and they love leading Jason right to you.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Composure is king when it comes to stats.

What's going to be f13's version of camping?
The thing salty fucks just cry about because it got them killed when they didn't want to be.

Jason killing the power at every cabin then camping phone and cars

the irony of booking it as the athletic chick is you just make the chase last longer.

also you should always be in a group, that's the biggest problem that i see people doing. everyone goes off on their own. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying Jason won't try and chase down the people he sees first, but i am saying you have time to get away when you bear trap him, shoot him, or knock him out and it's best to do all of those in a group that isn't aimlessly running.
watch the IGN video, the guy playing is a retard, but the devs clearly know how to survive jason enough to make killing easier than grab to kill.

teleport grabbing

then just hide somewhere like the grave yard. Jason has a timer and if it runs out you escape by default

Great. Second match where i can't use anything.

Then you just wasted 20 minutes of their time

Being in a group is a death sentence because it guarantees Jason will end up in chase with you.

Probably sense.

nah, i gained more XP than if you had killed me, that's fine by me

so is being alone, because you can't defend yourself or get away.
that's the point I think. there's no surefire way to always escape, there will always be that first person who dies

>Calling the police is as simple as visiting every camp area on the map and checking the back of each building
>Everyone escapes easy

>Restarting a car requires finding 3 rare items one of which requires searching every drawer
>Jason can easily stop you from doing this, unlike the phone
>This difficult method potentially only allows 2 to escape

Breaking windows, you're being a toxic jasoncuck by removing their ability to infinite loop you

you cant cut telephone wires or something

You know full well that Vanessa players are just going to leave you to die. If they pair with you, it's only to use you as bait.

>Jason can still fuck you up even once you get inside the car.

you don't find gas cans or batteries in drawers

niggers always do that
>be AJ
>hear guy on walkie
>says he wants to group up
>he's Vanessa
>jason sees her
>teleports to us
>goes after me instead
>they survive the match

It only takes a few seconds to repair the phone and then use it. You would need to be in 100% camping mode and okay with the timer expiring or a car getting repaired to guarantee the phone call doesn't go out.

i never liked the call the police thing, but the development sounded like they'd pull in somewhere and Jason could fuck it up
The car is more satisfying to do though

I never said you find them in drawers.

sorry, misread you

still though, it's the reason i play jenny more, I always find keys with her. same for chad. Luck is actually useful in this game

Is there any proof Luck actually affects drop rate? The game certainly doesn't say so.

Do the police always arrive in the same area?

>Survivor cucks think they're entitled to points

>play AJ
>spawn in stillwater
>see the island
>Jason blip
>fuck, get inside before he sees me on the coast
>music starts up
>hide in the closet and prentend i got away
>he walks past me
>"oh jesus did he see me"
>i think he heard that and press e to leave
>it doesn't work
>he starts to leave
>I hop out because I pressed E 5 seconds ago
>he notices me
>i dont even run because i knew it was over

>telegrabs
It will be this 100%, I abused the fuck out of it when I faced a team of blacks as part 7.

Anyone happen to have a couple of beta keys? Me and a buddy tried the Dead by Daylight free weekend and we both thought it was kinda bleh. Would love to check this out.

i think teleport needs nerfed way more than sense. his short range recharges fast and the long range works in chases with next to no cool down that getting away is near impossible BECAUSE of that

The person that calls the police has a target painted over their head as soon as they do it
Jason can also just hover around where the police would spawn in

You always have a target on your head no matter what you do or who you play as. May as well do something that may pay off.

So for my take on stealth in this game.
It's clearly there. It's clearly possible contrary to what the people who use a 1/10 stealth character say.

I've played two games as Jenny so far.

First one I found keys and brought them to the 4 man car and dropped them there so I could go look for more stuff. went into Higgin's...place, forget the name fully. And found a shotgun, after I found that Jason came over and was stalking around but he never found me, I didn't even barricade the doors. Basically wanted to make it look like nobody was there or had ever been there. Not sure how that theory works out but it seemed to here. Shutting every door and such. Although I left one open just in case he did barge in he would hopefully funnel into that room expecting someone to be there.

I hid for a bit while he broke two doors when a Vanessa ran in and out. He left and killed her somewhere a bit away from my building. I did a combination of walking and jogging over to the car again where 4 people got in and left, I opted to stay because I figured stealthy people have the better chance. The longer a loud mother fucker is there the more likely he is to die right? The game timed out I guess before I got to the cops but I had a knife and a shotgun so I think I'd have made it anyway?

Second game I found both sets of keys, did the same thing basically, moving slow and staying in the light while looking around carefully to maybe spot out jason. both cars were repaired and again I opted to stay behind and they all escaped. I never saw Jason the whole match (although I heard the music sometimes) until I was going up to the police line where I kinda juked him by holding onto my sprint as long as I could, he caught me near the line but I had a knife and got out.

I like Jenny, I actually think maybe she'll be better than AJ if you perk her up with the anti-sense perks. What with her luck boosting other skills and 10/10 composure.

How about picking someone that's not Vanessa you absolute cunt?

>dropped them there so I could go look for more stuff.
How do you "drop them there"? When I try to drop small items they just disappear completely. Deleted.

>progress reset back to level 1
>name now comes up as OWNER-PC
what

I usually play AJ or Jenny. It makes no difference.

>The game timed out I guess before I got to the cops but I had a knife and a shotgun so I think I'd have made it anyway?

You won anyway. Surviving to the end of the round is a counselor win state, even if it's a simple time out.

>Stand near radio as someone goes to use it
>Camera stays focused on the radio
>Can't see shit

It does if you've got a minimum of intelligence quotient

I just held Z, I looked at the controls when I got the shotgun and it says large items but I never had anything other than the shotgun and it didnt drop that it dropped my firecracker. so i figured it was just misworded? I dunno maybe I \;m breaking rules here unknowingly? I imagine it's probably a bug if they just disappear completely though.

No, it doesn't. If Jason is near you he's going to see you regardless of your stealth stat.

>Play nurse, myers, or hag to learn them
>try hard swf groups
>Play trapper because I'm sick of them and he's my highest level killer
>2 d/cs at the start and a boring farm fest so we all get something for our time
UGGGGHHH

Man, it sure is a fucking beta. Now i fueled the car twice and got stuck inside.