/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Betrayal Edition

Previous Thread:
A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

The plot thickens.

Your favorite flight sim is not even a real simulator.

Oh shit...

Post overrated shit.

4th for real simulators

post your favorite ED cockteases and lies.

Now you've pissed me off.

Hello,hoggit.

>Mig-23 now being made by a trustworthy dev
>Mig-23 closer to completion than thought
>razbam free to start another project
Apologize

oh yes bby

We don't know this for sure user. I just wish ED would at least tell us what's going on.

DCS and combat sims are a joke.

you're welcome to leave.

Oh look, a perfect opportunity to announce the start of an F-4 Phantom module. Or a Mig-25. Or improve FC3 planes, or an actual campaign system ,or proper ground units. Or literally everything else that the community at large have been asking for since 2008.

But they fucking won't, it'll be some mediocre shitbox plane from some kip state or other that nobody is asking for, but will buy anyway because gotta catch 'em all.

Apparently on the Russian side of the forums ED is reconsidering allowing/making FC3 (su-27 and F-15) tier aircraft for DCS again due to their popularity. How do you feel about this /simg/?

Will 2017 the year that 2016 was promised to us for DCS?

no

I'd like if it was used only for roles that don't currently have. Something like a small AWACS (E-2 comes to mind) that would be a cool experience to crew and unique role, but the not worth the effort of a full time module. Planes with a single gimmick like the F-117 would also be better suited to FC3.

Can you link please?

No but maybe more m2k tier planes

>mission and campaign DLCs were what the community wanted the least
>they're the only thing ED is making now

How do you fuck up like this?

All this means is that LN actually is working on it, but we're not going to see it after they'd run through 2-3 other modules.

Most of the fags here will have lost interest in flight sims by the time it comes out.

The only people who cry about 'fc3' tier aircraft are autis fags who have never flown a plane in real life, and think they've accomplished something by flipping switches in one on a computer.

Fly the M2000, notice how even though it is flip switch plane you almost never touch the dash after take off? Notice how even the P-51 had the K14 gunsight distance setting on the throttle so the pilot didn't have to take his off of it? Fighters, at least properly designed ones, are made so your head is out of the cockpit. Even in the F18, once it's released, you'll be slewing, locking, switching missiles, and firing all without taking your hands off the controls.

Even in the MiG-21, I know where the IR/SAR switch is, that doesn't mean it's not mapped to my rotary wheel too.

Get fucked, I've playing this series since Flanker 2.0. Lomac haters can go fuck themselves, you weren't even here when it started

>tfw no b52

like razbam's would have come out any sooner

If the module is out of the question to be full fidelity like most 4th gen and the likes I think absolutely. If it's an important 3rd gen and below full fidelity is nice. I think if we mixed in more FC tier aircraft it would be better for the community overall.

/simg/ and hoggit are the same thing now

If the alternative is no playable counterparts to all the NATO planes coming out in the near future I'm okay with it. I am wary though about a FC3 plane possibly meaning a full DCS module of that plane would never get made. That's a really shitty situation to write yourself into. I also don't know how to handle the coexistence of a full DCS MiG-25 (for example) and a FC3 MiG-25.

/simg/ is on a mission to de-cuck hoggit with shitposting and dank memes. DCS turbo cucks will die at the hands of this holy crusade
tfw when all is going according to plan.

Fucking this.

Planes that we would literally never ever get, I would be 100% ok with FC3 versions.

Shit like the MiG-31, Su-34. If you know enough about it to make a good FC3 module, I'd buy it in a fucking heart beat.

Can you link where they are talking about this?

>I also don't know how to handle the coexistence of a full DCS MiG-25 (for example) and a FC3 MiG-25

They wouldn't. The FC3 version, (which at this point is a misnomer, there is either clickpit, or no clickpit, everything else is equal) would be brought up to (DCS) click pit level.

For example, all of the switches and buttons in the F-15 work and animate accordingly. The difference, you just click them yourself. Even the full start up procedure is there. You just have no control over it

>most successful fighter in history
>overrated shit

>il2 bos
>sim

YOUR SPEED IS TOO LOW!
DONT PULL THE STICK TOO MUCH!

Riddle me this:

If we were to host BMS ops and some people want to cold start and some people don't want to, why should the people who want to cold start take a set back to the people who refuse to do em?

BMS doesn't allow for both unless hot starters wait 10 minutes or so until the take off time is there.

>Leatherneck MiG-23

INTO THE FUCKING GARBAGE IT GOES.

why won't they support the things they've released properly? ;_;

Hows this for a fix. Make sure 10 min delay between both flights.

Flight 1 (Ramp start)

Flight 2 (Hot starts)

>doing the full 30 minute ramp start every time after you've done it enough times to know how

Does it really matter as long as they know how to do it? I don't want to spend 30 minutes on the ground every mission, fuck that.

Join the actual Air Force if you want to go through that shit

Pretty cumbersome, but I guess this would work. Still would make it so that hot starters would need to wait and do nothing for 10 minutes or so. They may as well just cold start with the rest of us.

If you can't understand why some of us actually enjoy this shit, then you have a very limited understanding of why we play simulators in the first place.

F-16 doesn't take that long and by the time you've finished the process of getting your shit together the INS is in a good enough state that you can finish aligning in the air.

>10 min

I'm just imagining the hot starters jumping into the game and the entire airfield dies as the game spawns everyone on top of everyone.

>30 minutes on the ground
lmao have you ever actually cold started the F16? It takes literally 3.5 minutes exactly.

What fucking plane takes 30 minutes to ramp start, anyway?

I don't think 10min startup time in which you can be finalizing plans and whatnot is very much in context of a flight that's probably going to last 90 minutes.

This, if you go through the startup in a reasonable fast pace, the INS will be aligned well enough so you can take off, there's no waiting at all.

Hot starting also has some issues with some of the less used systems, such as TFR and FLIR, not to mention if you wanna set anything to a value other than the god of hotstart AI has decided, you now need to do some kind of reverse coldstart, where you start from a hot plane and still need to check all the panels to make sure everything is how you want it to be.

>10min

This is for the incredibly slow modules that are cucked by INS, and is still about an extra minute longer than the actual amount of time it takes for either bird.

I've used the time on the ground for proper ground ops, such as looking up taxiing routes to the proper takeoff runway, some last minute briefing stuff, checking all the systems work correctly such as datalink. There's tons to do that goes past just running through a checklist, especially in multiplayer.

I find enjoyment in following a proper procedure as closely as possible.

Honestly for me the 30mins goes real quick for me.

this;

with the VS I fly with there's usually a retard or two lagging behind anyway, I wasn't going to get off the ground until everyone's ready regardless of how quickly I've got everything done. I just spend that time shooting the shit and smoking my pipe/drinking a little.

Shit, it takes some of these people 5-10min to even get a MiG-21 going, meantime I've had it running since a little over a minute after spawning into it, give or take however long it takes for the ground crew AI to get its shit together.

>you're not playing the sim right!!!!!!
>you're supposed to have fun doing the EXACT SAME SEQUENCE of button presses every single mission!!!!

Fuck off. If you know how to hot start, you shouldn't have to do it every time.

You guys better have your flight suits on, be able to pass a USAF PT test, have 20/20 vision IRL, Sit through hour long briefing and debriefing.

If you over-G you better turn around and immediately fly home and declare an emergency due to physiological problems. You better follow the orders of the flight leader perfectly and not do anything on your own.

I better be able to ask you about every single system in the F-16 and you better know how to use it. If you don't know what in every single page of your DED you can literally never tell me to hot start my shit ever again.

Pretty much this.

"If you don't ramp start, simulators aren't for you!" Then can you tell my employer so I don't have to go and do recurrency checks on them twice a year and risk my job each time I set foot inside? That would be tops.

Maybe, Autismo Alex, it could seep into your brain that people get different levels of enjoyment out of doing differing levels of shit in what is more or less and electronic lego set, and those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off. Just a thought

>Start up = the exact same thing every time
>the actual mission = dynamic and different every flight

really encourages me to deliberate

i heard from a friend that IL-2 BoS got DX11
how good is the performance compared to dx9?
i used to get the shittiest framerates.

Its a literal miracle desu. Frames are absolutely kick ass now.

Start ups are important to DCS because there's nothing to do once you get in the air. Starting your plane up is the single most interesting thing that happens in a mission in DCS.

Start ups aren't interesting in BMS because that's not where the meat of the game is. If I wanted to sit on a runway and start my plane up I'd just play DCS.

Game still looks like LOMAC

lovely
i was getting tired of having to play at 30 fps no matter wich graphic preset i chose
cant wait to try it

I went from just barely reaching 60 when nothing was happening to often seeing >100. It's a huge difference.

>often
its more about minimum framerates than average
doesnt matter if you reach 900 fps flying alone if ur fps dip to 12 in an important dogfight

I haven't seen it dip below 60 yet. 70 is the worst I recall seeing. DX11 is a game changer for IL-2 and turned my opinion of the game around.

>those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off.
stop making shit up

And stop complaining that people who aren't flying planes IRL (ie. everyone ITT), actually do want to simulate the whole experience, not just a part of it.

If you don't get how some of us enjoy cold starts even if we do it 200 times, then you're free to not join the next BMS ops. We'll keep doing them and you can either accept this fact and wait in the lobby for 10 minutes like a cuck, or join in and maybe have some fun for once in your miserable life.

>implying there is any """""""""""BMS ops""""""""""""

You playing by your self doesn't count btw

We've had some few days ago, they happen mostlmy during yuropoor times though, so there's a good chance you won't see them if you're from the other side of the pond.

>stop making shit up

Okay.

But my point isn't to get into a pissing contest or force you not to cold start. My point was directed at those who say things like "if you use autostart you should stop playing simulations". I come from the "I couldn't give a fuck what you like, let me enjoy what I do" school of thought mate.

>those of us who sit in an aircraft seat for a job don't feel like running checklists in our time off

>mfw the f/a-18 pilot that leads my VS is an absolute stickler for procedure and we have to do exactly by the Navy's book every fucking time
>i'm just a stoner that likes flight vidya, wtf man

B L O W N T H E F U C K O U T

L

O

W

N

T

H

E

F

U

C

K

O

U

T

You're free to be edgy with your attitude, and considering that you're not a regular, it's easy to see why nobody would play with you.

Get back to 104th.

Nice photoshop skills though brah.

dayum

why the fuck are you showing off dumbass, jesus christ do you even pay attention to the fucking briefings?

get your korean ass back to work instead of shitposting from a shut down plane that you're not flying.

Grease monkeys shouldn't make shit up like this.

>Nice photoshop skills though brah.
>Grease monkeys shouldn't make shit up like this.

You should definitely have led with that one mate, works much better.

You should lead with a strong rope around your neck, faggot.

Again, my point is we don't all like the same things - unlike you I don't enjoy auto-erotic asphyxiation

>captcha RUE FEDORA
I'm ruing it alright

I wish more BoS skins were generic instead of having ace markings and shit.

RoF had the same problem.

777 doesn't seem to understand that I don't care about roleplaying an ass pilto, I just want to be a random schmuck in a plane.

Yea well my point is you're a faggot.

>my point is we don't all like the same things
My point is that why should people who like cold starts should take a seat back to people who don't like them?

BMS doesn't really support running both in a multiplayer environment and everytime we run BMS ops with cold starts it takes minutes until someone comes in, complaints about it and leaves.

What do you want us to do? Suspend our fun so you can have yours? Nah fuck that.

Are you fuckers seriously arguing over this? Yeah some people like A and some people like B. Does that make any difference? Is that in any way important?

Shit the skins forum section is also filled with ace skins.

It is as evidently some fags ITT would rather commit suicide than to try something new for once.

I swear most of you who complain about cold starts have literally never cold started the falcon ever and don't know anything about it.

AY YO
*smacks lips*
HOL UP
*waves finger niggerishly*
YOU BE SAYING
*drops EBT card*
THAT FLIGHT SIM AUTISTS
*gives birth*
ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE?

w-whats your record altitude guys?

It's more like ADD fags demonstrating an almost child like incapability to show any sort of patience.

Seeing people pickle their bombs, hit targets, turn around and immediately exiting the aircraft mid flight in BMS and going AFK to wait for the next ops is an insult to those of us who would like to take it a little more serious. We see this shit as you people see 104th fags.

You want to find out why BMS ops died? This is why.

what plane my dood?

Well maybe you could play with the people who want to play seriously? I'm not trying to be rude here, but wouldn't that be for the best?

A baby Dash 8

I am already, we're having very tiny (2-3 players) BMS ops again.

I just wish a general that regulary shits on the 104th for being casual wouldn't do the exact same thing they're accusing others of. Plus I would like to have bigger BMS ops, but after seeing what the no-rules approach led to, I refuse to compromise on some things in BMS anymore. If all you care for is drop bombs and don't give a shit about the 99% rest of the game, I'm not gonna bother playing with you anymore.

nice

Thats understandable. I'm sorry that you've felt exasperated with some of the players. I suppose the cold start approach is a method to weed out the people who refuse to take it a bit more seriously? Its unfortunate, but segregation might be the best way to go in your case.

This motherfucker makes 200,000USD/year flying for a major airline.

pretty certain that thing shouldn't have a beak.

furries are just making animals up now? jesus christ.

You haven't seen shittery unless you've seen Tony take a completely retarded meme loadout, practicially suicide the plane into an AAA convoy and exit out of the planes once the bombs all hit the ground with zero interest of flying back home.

its a birb

FUUUUUUUCKING FURRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm not sure about you guys but i wouldn't want a mentally ill man flying me.