Came across this in a ditch. Sucks for that guy

Came across this in a ditch. Sucks for that guy.

How are you faring in the sn/o/w, user?

Hasnt snowed where i live since 2004. If it did then it would be ultimate chaos

The annual snow came early this year. Seattle over reacted and smothered the roads with salt. Still good for skids in the surrounding towns.

I've pulled one neighbor out of a ditch so far. Have really barely gotten snow this year though, hopefully it shits tonight

civic has been gobbling it up

How can I be a hero saving people who get stuck in the snow?

>a little snow falls
>see cunts in crossovers and suvs driving 10-15 under the speed limit
>see someone delivering pizzas in a crown vic going 5 over

It was quite a bit of fun. Found myself a nice QFC lot and spun roundy round quite a bit.

Started the car today in 24 degree, sounded like death as the pistons scraped and the start got stuck. Fuck this cold.

Who /ice/ here?

>31 degrees outside.
>Freezing rain.
>Street very slick
>Driving 10-15MPH up street.
>Try to turn into driveway.
>Slide past it at 1MPH.
>Have to make several adjustments.
>Almost slide into post at end of driveway.

Kind of fun.

4wd pick up with a locker and brand spanking new snow tires.

Syracuse NY

Lit senpai

well shit

>love driving in snow
>last time I had snow covered roads was some 5 years ago

IT'S NOT FAIR

I literally just put my car in a 3 foot ditch full of snow like 20 minutes ago being a retard lol. Had to have the wife come with the SUV to drag it out. Surprisingly took less than 5 minutes to drag it out even though it was in there pretty good. 4lo4lyfe son.

>24 degrees
>cold
You must be low on oil

Nigger please. -25 to-30 over the past few weeks

Nah, it's full. Boxer engines sound horrid starting up.

Why would you ever live there? If you don't like it, move.

>Boxer
That explains it. Subaroo?

>Why would you ever live there
Trust me I really fucking don't. However, contract. Can't get out of it. Luckily only 155 days left til I'm outta this fucking shithole. I'm from nevada, 50 is jacket weather and at 30 people don't leave their homes. Over here You'll see people in shorts and short sleeves at 10 above because it's still 45 degrees warmer then it was a few months ago.

Yup.
Here's hoping some global warming goes your way.

I live in Wisconsin, so I'm usually pretty good with snow, but my car broke irreparably before I had enough money to male the down payment on the 4x4 dakota I wanted, so I had to ask my father to co-sign on a car so I could get one for a smaller down payment.
He agreed, but said that he wouldn't let me buy a car on his credit from a smaller dealership, and instead declared that I would be paying for a car from the innner-city kia mega-mall, because he knows the owner.
The best thing they had was a base-model 2013 focus for a little over 10k, so despite my prior experiences with fords, I ended up with another one, and will be paying for this one for several years, despite hating it more than the last $500 dollar junker I had.
It's a piece of shit; it bottomed out on a smooth dirt road, the other day I drove over a stick about a foot long and an inch in diameter and it embedded itself halfway through the underside of the car, which somehow fucked up the reverse gear, whenever it gets below freezing an inch of ice forms on the insides of the windows, so I have to drive with them down, the traction control randomly and constantly engages, the heat only works on 1 and 4, the good folks at ford decided that a rear wiper wasn't neccessary if you just put a really powerful defroster on the back, and today, just now, after shoveling through a block of not even 6 inches of powder to clear a path to the main tire tracks, because 6 inches of snow is simply too much to expect ANY car to deal with, the computer refuses to put power to the wheels because the road is too slippery, and apparently I can't completely disengage the tcs, so the car will be immobile until spring unless I find someone who knows how to completely get rid of the computer and leave the car still driveable.

Tl;dr if anyone knows how to get rid of the traction control on a 2013 focus, I would appreciate it.

Traffic goes the same pace as ever

The temperature has been hovering around freezing for weeks, I haven't even put my studded tires on since M+S ones and 4WD seem to work fine so far.

No problems here. Just need to avoid the idiots doing 30 with their hazards on, but still tailgating each other...

You have to use the left hand buttons on the steering wheel to back out the trip mode and down into one of the other settings and there will be one that is driver assist and traction control will be in there. You have to turn it off every time you turn the car off and on.

I drove a 13 Focus for a year for work and now I'm in a 15 Escape and TC has to be disabled the same way in both. Stupid Fords

>Icy as fuck roads
>Go to end of street
>Some cunt in a semi is blocking the road spinning his tires trying to turn
>Sit and wait awhile hoping he can get going
>Looks at me and gives me a shrug
>Make a U turn and drive off

Sucks for him

do you really want to subject your car to this pain if you don't have to

>tfw from /Georgia/
>only thing I'll see is some freezing rain in January so everyone will overreact and no one will leave their homes
>hektik skids in my shitbox all day long

Sliding my ass all over the place. Its nice

Fishtailing here and there. Fuck, it's scary as hell.

Are you serious thats a touch below freezing you need some more upkeep on your car my dude

Tow hook and strap you need snow tires

Tow straps
>2.5 ton elastic
>5 ton solid, 9 meters

You'll also need a car suited for it. You can do a lot just by using a bit of speed and yanking, but this only works for lighter stuff.

Pull the ABS fuse, totally disables TCS, ABS and ASC.

Also, it sounds like you got a lemon. I've put 158k miles on my Focus and I've only had to replace the battery and a sway bar endlink.

I drove in the subway parking lot and slid all around and about got in a pretty serious accident by sliding and hitting the side of my car on a snow plow

Snow in the UK shuts this country down. It's amusing, but slightly pathetic at the same time.

>muh health & safety

The traction control will still engage if the computer detects a lot of slippage or sideways travel, so that isn't quite what I'm looking for.
I thought that would stop the car from being driveable, like it just wouldn't let you drive it if you straight up ripped out fuses?
And it's not so much a lemon as it is delicate, poorly put together, and not well thought out for colder winters.

I thought you guys were DRIVING GODS because you all can can drive stick?

Today.
Span around 180 degrees and ended up in the snow.
Good thing some dude pulled me out.

Just bought a 800 beater jeep cherokee 4x4 and I'm tossing some cheap Chinese winter tires on when they get here. The tires on it are roasted, so even cheap chinese shit will be better than whats on it now.

Hasn't really snowed enough to cover the roads but I'd rather be prepared. Come spring I'll toss some 33's on it and go muddin.

4matic and snow tires. Just drove to the liquor store to stock up. Not a hint of slip anywhere along the way.

>And it's not so much a lemon as it is delicate, poorly put together, and not well thought out for colder winters.

I get huge temperature swings where I live. Again, I think you got a lemon or at least a problematic copy.

>I thought that would stop the car from being driveable, like it just wouldn't let you drive it if you straight up ripped out fuses?
No, it won't. The car drives perfectly normal aside from not holding your hand anymore. The lights will be on the dash as well.

Doesn't snow where i live, but mycar would be suitable to it.

>Those temps

Gotta love the midwest

Are you only running winter tires on the rear?

No. Actually the ones in the rear are in worse condition too.
What makes you ask that?

i never understood this, why buy any sort of non car if it isnt even capable of getting out of a situation like that

the whole reason to choose that over a van is for the alleged offroad capabilities

Steelies on the back but not the front

All four are steelies. The issue is that I only have two hubcaps.

ford is basically domestic terrorism.

Subaru's have some horrid scrap on start most days. The starter getting stuck is probably a precursor of a problem to come.

Yeah, I've had two fords before this one, a 1981 F100 with the shit engine (4.2), amd a 2003 focus zx.
The truck actually wasn't that bad for a ford truck, just beat to shit. The transmission died shortly after winning an impromptu drag race against a modded F150 from the mid-90s.
The focus was really bad, though.
No visibility whatsoever, input lag despite being a manual, which I didn't even know could be a thing, front axle broke while I was driving it, constantly overheated despite the temperature gauge never reading higher than half, and eventually the transmission exploded while I was idling at a stopsign in neutral.
Not my favorite car company.

>had a nice amount of snow
>now it's 45* and raining

Supposed to be warm all week too. This winter's probably going to be as shitty as last years.

You should put both on the same side of the car.

>What makes you ask that?

I thought you might of fell for the "better tires in the rear" meme.

Took my Urs4 out for the first time in the snow today. Was really surprised at how well it did with summer tires (hancook evo v12s) on. Was able to go through 3ish inches of un plowed snow going up a steep hill. My pickup truck with all seasons would of have gotten stuck so hard. Definitely gonna pick up a set of winters though. Had so much fun, can't wait for more snow. Kinda funny the PO garaged it all winter for the last 3 years and I bought it for the sole purpose of a winter beater.

>not snowing, bit of frost
>slippery as fuck
>doing hectic skidz in my rwd benz

I love this shit why didnt anyone tell me about this

RIP wheel bearings. It's hard on the car when the ground is all patchy and not uni-formally coated with snow.

my LS430 is surprisingly easy to drive in the snow (michigan) with the traction control in snow mode on all seasons.

i suppose the fact that it's 4000lbs might help

Had a C4 A6 and that thing was a beast in snow. At least up until about 8 inches of snow which is where it would build up under the front bumper like it was a plow and grind you down to a stop.