/ss13g/ - Spessmen on a Spess Station

A well regulated Security, being necessary to the security of the Station, the right of the Officers to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed Edition

LAST THREAD: Last time on /ss13g/
>Fireden is down, I had to use the old pastebin
>Merry Christmas
>Vox are Pox
>Sarca posting
>Hippie posting
>I'm sure someone was mad
>Taking GF applications, message me on Steam or Discord

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://ss13.undo.it:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.pomf.se/forum/
ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
ss13.undo.it/logs/

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/wa9fnYbg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BYw_zamFGf0
youtube.com/watch?v=w8hrKmTRes0
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for waifus

Let's just forget about last thread.
Please.

FUCK LIBERALS

GAS HIPPIE SHITTERS

CODE WAR NOW

Good thread, OP.
Why do people write TG? Is it out of spite or just too lazy to add slashes?
Also, you do realize that most people don't even use the thread/forum/github, right? They'll play whatever shit you throw at them, see Veeky Forums post goofchem.

Because they're not affiliated with Veeky Forums anymore

>tfw you recognize the AI and borgs as non-shitters and change their laws
>tfw hearing the lamentations and deathgasps of criminal scum
>tfw all the bitch nigga tears of ADHD kiddos crying for a shuttle cause they didn't roll antag
>tfw round's at 3.5 hours and admins still haven't wrested the station from your iron fist
youtube.com/watch?v=BYw_zamFGf0

But TG is meaningless. They're not about Traditional Games either. This just triggers my autism.

Veeky Forums is headed downhill and we all know it.
The first purge brought Hippie and TG, and with it, deathmatch. The second purge told the immigrants their behavior was acceptable, that they were a part of this community, as though this should be a regular thing.
The videos have not helped; The true Veeky Forums playerbase, those who understand what the server is about, those who care for balance gameplay and roleplay, those who do not get angry over validsalads or autistic roleplay, have been usurped by deathmatchers and autistic waifufags.
This was your fault, Veeky Forums.
You could have stopped this. You were told what would happen, but instead, you have put us into the darkest age yet.
Why didn't you listen? You only had to listen.

They splot from Veeky Forums ages ago

WE'LL BUILD A WALL AT ARRIVALS WITH THEIR CORPSES!

Because that's what they fucking are. They themselves made that distinction because they are no longer associated with Veeky Forums but are still the same, evolved, casualised server that used to be Veeky Forums before they were invaded by casual shitters that didn't even go to Veeky Forums

kinda like our server huh? Say hello to VG you fucking faggots, you all asked for this.

Didn't get enough replies the first time, eh William?

we need to remove progress bars. we need to stop this, it's the only way.

Role themes, go.

Greytide: youtube.com/watch?v=w8hrKmTRes0

>literally every limb and organ is set as cyborg

EMP me i fucking dare you

>we need to stop this

See, this is the problem. We can't stop ANYTHING. We need to CHANGE IT. You're right in that the only way forward is to remove progress bars and other similar casual additions, but you can't think like this. This is a revolution, a MOVEMENT, we're going to change things not stop them.

The problem lies deeper than code, Goof and other person. The problem lies in people, the problem is the playerbase. You could put the entire server on modern Baycode, or shitty TGcode, or even Gooncode, and it'd still have the problems it has today.
To act as though there is a solution past mass bannings, a year of krampus, is foolish. Nothing can solve this problem past excising the cancer directly.

Krampus when.

I kept fucking trying but the admins didn't care about the circlejerk. They didn't care when it wormed into the adminship. They let the discord continue and joined the cancer. They lifted the blatant discord metagame bans repeatedly. Even cars has gotten away with metagaming what, 4 times now? If the people who are supposed to enforce the rules don't the degeneracy sets in and kills the place. We're nearing the same tumbling down points that killed Velyks and Nexis servers.

How much milk would have to be in a cryo beaker to actually mend bones? Is 5u enough?

>Even cars has gotten away with metagaming what, 4 times now?
It was ONLY 3, dumbfuck.

>Nick "shardman" Weller loves vox now
What went wrong?
>inb4 lewd

Krampus

WHEN
H
E
N

Perhaps if we made a thread on the forums, we could truly start something. Maybe Pain will care, maybe we'll get Krampus back, maybe he'll see the light and set out on the warpath.
The problem is, who wants to potentially sign their name onto their own death warrant? Who wants to be the first to speak up, the man to get the snowball rolling?

Just tee gee yourself

Punch a monkey and give it a milk pill. Protip, far more than you'll ever benefit from adding. Justgive them some pills and out the door instead of using it as a majick heel tuba

Wow well forgive me, I guess it was only 3 zero tolerance permaban offenses.

stop shilling yourself Nick

Nick is a faggot, who cares

OK, hold on, I need to know.
Everyone here is just getting a shitposting rush like me, right?
Nobody's actually serious, right?

What did he mean by this?

Hi guys please notice me

I'm perfectly serious. A year of Krampus is exactly the chemo this server needs.
Fuck up, get fucked. Excising the cancer, forcefully, will make Veeky Forums great again.

half of it's serious.

the only way to get anything real done is to sh*tpost.

we really do need to remove progressbars. People will bitch and moan and complain in the first week, and then after that nobody will care. 99.9% of people won't do anything about it. That's what people don't understand, the community doesn't want these things, it just puts up with them. The one who REALLY decides whether or not we get shitty changes like these, is the ETERNAL CODER.

>it's another retard who thinks the code is the problem
It's not the code that's the problem. The code doesn't matter in the end, what matters is the players. The players make the server, not the code. You could have Veeky Forums with TGcode, you could have it with Gooncode, you could have it with modern baycode, what matters is the players.
Code is irrelevant.

>the only way to get anything real done is to sh*tpost.
oh yeah!
just like we got carshalash banned!
and destroyed the discord!
and made sure attack animations never get added!

who the fuck cares about progress bars??
jesus find better things to bitch about

The code is where the battle is fought. take back the code, take back the server.

fair enough

REMINDER THAT PAIN ACTUALLY LISTENS TO THE FORUMS
REMINDER THAT PAIN WILL PROBABLY BE OVERJOYED TO SEE AN HONEST-TO-GOD REQUEST FOR MORE KRAMPUS ON THE FORUMS
REMINDER THAT THE FORUMS ARE YOUR FRIEND AND YOUR WEAPON AGAINST THE ONCOMING STORM OF HIPPIE, TG, AND METACLUB MEMBERS

>The code is where the battle is fought
no, it's fought here
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>Returning to this thread after a long time

What the fuck is all of this? Is Hippie invading our server or some shit? Did I miss drama?

The same as always.

Someone mentioned the words "attack" and "animations" in the same sentence, so as per tradition, everyone gathered 'round to shitpost as hard as they could.

t. G**fball

We're getting a shitload of changes we don't want and never wanted because of casuals and literal foreign invaders. We're trying to build the wall and make Veeky Forums great again, but the serverliberals keep bringing in refugees to vote for them.

Can one of you explain the WilliamWallace meme

>code is where the battle is fought
It isn't though. The root of the problem is in players, not code. What about that do you not get? You can have perfect, pure Veeky Forumscode untouched by TG hands, but if there's still TG players, if there's still Hippie immigrants, the problem remains.
You fight with ban requests and Krampusings, not throwing shitfits over code.

bans when

>Changes

such as what?

Iamgoodball is shilling and shitposting again on top of more permabanned shitter refugees want to turn vg into the garbage dump they fled

>We're getting a shitload of changes
Like what, Wally?

I don't know, it was around gimmick I wasn't on and the faggot decided to namefag. Some people thought it'd be funny to join. Either that or he's an extremely agile shitposter.

Trying to ram in attack animations is the largest offense of late.

And what else?
Which other changes?

Progress bars. This must be reverted. It was just the beginning. You could probably look further back too, but progressbars is where it really started.

whats wrong with progress bars

But Walter, progress bars happened ages ago. That's not "of late".

You're talking with multiple people dumbass. Also, he said that ramming in attack animations was the largest of late. Can you read?

>tfw you actually want to make a forum post requesting harsher bans for anyone who fucks up for a while
>tfw you don't want to sign your name onto something that's essentially a big fat 'metagrudge me sawbones' sign

someone with thicker skin should help the cause and make a thread

I don't think they can retaliate in that scenario, because if they do ban or otherwise punish the poster the rest of the players riot.

Yes, "we're getting" implies some sort of recency or ongoing progress. I'm yet to hear one recent example besides attack animations, which we didn't even get.

Nothing inherently but they open us up to more changes that are worse, like attack animations and table climbing. They need to be reverted to prove a point, that we aren't going to sit down and take it in the ass while the eternal coder and his hippie goyim do whatever they like with our server.

Dump your proof here anonymously or make a new account on the forum and make a thread there.

But we did get attack animations dumbass.

Do you have a single proofs of any coder wanting table climbing?

>proof anonymously
but it's not a matter of proof, it's a matter of using the forums to show the few good 'mins left that we're serious about the TG/hippie problem, and using the thread for that kinda defeats the entire purpose since even the good admins don't listen to the thread for anything

>new account
I don't think sockpuppeting would go over very well since I already have an account which is probably tied to my IP.

But we did get them and it took coderbus to rip it right back out.

I have literally no problem painting a target on my back. PM me on the forums. My username is DeadPoolJ.

please provide me with the evidence they don't

they post in the thread and shill their changes before they hamfist them in even though nobody wants it

it happened to TG, it's happening here, and we're going to turn into VG unless we revert progress bars

The server didn't even have time to compile between rounds, so we never had attack animations in the server, not even for one second. On top of being pedantic as fuck you're not even TECHNICALLY correct, Wendy.

>reverting changes no one really has an issue with

changes for quality of life and clarity are nice things.

>deadpool
>known metaclub member and carshalash sympathizer
>ever volunteering for bus-throwing duty

i highly doubt that

You don't have to use your actual ckey. Or better yet, name yourself TheRealYahirbones. Worst case you can jsut PM to pain to confirm if he really gives a shit to bypass the metagrudge bait.

>mfw I use the clown PDA to slip a security officer trying to arrest me then take his taser, shoot him with it, and run off

Bitch I've painted targets on my back for a long time now. You want proof it's me?

not if they fuck the server, chump.

PM me on the forums.
t. Foster

yeah sure, i just doubt you'd actually give a fuck about getting rid of the discord metaclub and banning the hippie/TG fagwads

just an autist namefag, he'll get bored in 2 days

As long as you didn't post in it with your other i'd imagine you'd be fine.

Was it another sawboner episode?

>clarity
It's pathetic and disgusting.

>Clown
>Shooting a gun

To be fair, what we need more than attack animations are farting animations.

what changes have fucked the server

i havent played in recent months but everything seemed pretty ok earlier this year

Progress bars. the purge.

Nothing.
They can't even name one example.

poo when?

Farting while in a shower should give you some tox damage

PROGRESS.

BARS.

I really don't care what you gotta say, but don't be afraid to say it.

the purge really shouldnt be allowed to exist but theres nothing wrong with progress bars

But why?

>please prove a negative

>Be clown
>Sec trying to grab me and for once I can't think of a reason why
>Keep slipping and firing their gun until it explodes
>mfw they're just running around with a stun baton cause they used up all the tasers in sec

>Not sex animations linked to quicktime events
Get on my level

Lessee, there's The Purge that fucked us, TWICE, Intigracy's insistency on adding TG dogshit like attack animations, Youtube videos, etc etc so on and so forth.

Literally 99% of the server has progress bars enabled.

I bet even you do.

>sex animations

Oh yeah, turn on progress bars all of a sudden
The thing that was merged months ago with no complaints and everyone has turned on (including you, the person reading this right now)
Way to stick it up to the mean, evil controlling coderbus, this will make sure we never get attack animations!

Have you never farted in the shower? It hurts

>Tippo felangus killed the server

You're memeing right?

>can no longer fart in roundstart

Yes there is, for the same reason that homosexual marriage never should have been allowed. It is a LITERAL slippery slope and sets the precedent that hippie faggots can do whatever they like and add worse changes and draw more hippie faggots to the server.

Progress bars HAVE to be removed, or we're going to get attack animations. and after that, who knows?

because nobody is going to bother turning them off. it's killing us slowly, and most of us won't even wake up and smell it.

scrubs was such a good show
>that episode where he treats a girl and she dies, donating her organs to Cox's patients
>then it turns out she didn't kill herself, but died of some rabid disease and Cox ends up losing all his patients

>he can't even lie and say he has them disabled
aahahaaaahahahahah