/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

>Old:

Because you lot apparently need a REMINDER

Do you need the root chalice to be F/R/C to get the chalice exclusive caryll runes or does it make it "more likely" that chalice will have an exclusive rune? I can't use glyphs. Is it pointless to try to get said runes if you can't use glyphs?

Willem did nothing wrong.

PURGE FILTH

What happens if you filter the guy who creates the general? Wouldn't that mean you just would not see the gen at all and thus would be fucked out of the happy general experience?

Seems random, really. I have found runes in some that only have two curses.

Does the PS+ trial exploit not work anymore? If it does, you can just get free PS+ for a weekend and load up your stones with the proper glyphs and grab the runes at your leisure.

>Being a tripfag apologist

He took his trip off specifically because at least half the general has him filtered. Even then, it would still show in the catalog.

You would see the OP, but none of his posts in the thread itself. You have to go out of your way to filter OPs. They are not filtered by default.

Willem did the thing to the fishing hamlet

There's a chest in the wall in the Great Pthumeru Ihyll chalice. I thought that chalice layout was 'designed' and not randomized.

>none of his posts
What did he mean by this?

He forgot to take his trip off. K.E.K

You know I am not the only trip in existence, right?

my first attempt at orphan of kosm. how'd i do?

6/10
Apply yourself, good hunter

Not too bad, assuming you win on your second try.

Blunderbuss slotted with a flat BLT damage gem on a BLT build. Yes? No?

FRC Blood-starved Beast gems get to 28.7% + 7.3 flat blood damage, and one of those slotted into a Blunderbuss with high bloodtinge makes for some goofy damage, or so I hear.

You might as well be
When's the last time kobra or Cass even posted here?

Would it perform better than a top-tier flat BLT gem? I've got 50 BLT and I wanna try out some other guns because I'm bored of the Evelyn.

Lucy took an entire week only to get him on his second phase, you're ok.

>No cape toggle
>No facewrap toggle
>No Black Church Hat without the hood
>No tiny Knight's Hat without the dumb ponytail for female characters

The fashion in this game is real good, but it could be so much better.

I literally killed him on my second try. He is the most DaS like boss in the game, and that made him particularly easy for me.

They stopped posting when I came back because they recognize their better, but there are generals beyond this one. His question was a general one.

>Lucy
>I literally killed him on my second try

What is a good gun to use?
Blunderbuss or pistol?

Pistol

both are good, pistol is better for parrying, blunderbuss is more forgiving because it has a higher chance to stagger enemies even when you mistime your parry

On a BLT build, Evelyn

On non-BLT builds:
pistol for parries
repeating pistol for damage

>Replying

How fucking hard is it to just not respond? I don't understand you people. Refer to .

Pistol does better damage per shot and has faster recovery, Blunderbuss has the spread and high stagger to help keep you safe in case you do miss the parry, but typically doesn't do as much damage and has slower recovery.

They both fire the first shot on the same frame, shotguns just have more endlag. It's personal preference, really.

I use th3 Evelyn purely for S.W.A.G. on my Arcane build.

Your tears make it all worthwhile

Chill, I literally baited lucy and he fell for it

just give up senpai, people are always going to reply because no one really cares

Because none of you fucking worthless faggot trash actually help or play the game.

I'm not mad, user. Just disappointed.

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read that and continue living in blissful shitposting ignorance

Anyone doing co-op?

I know Flat-Arc rifle spear was patched, but what about flat-Phys rifle spear?

I just found a 44 flat physical gem and since physical gems affect blood damage, I was wondering if you could partially recreate the power of the flat-arc rifle spear.

That's a lot of wasted points in BLT just for swag though. If you wanted swag you should have used Ludwig's anyway.

Jokes on you. I find it delicious.

no

>merely pretending

Yeah I know, it still helps sometimes so there's that

Fair enough. Personally, I just stopped using guns entirely on Arc builds when they made the changes to the tentacles.

Pretending?

Need help or wanna help?

All the time
Just not right now

Yes, FRC BSB Circle gems on it will do more damage than an Evelyn if all the pellets hit. You just gotta get close, really satisfying shooting down spiders and dogs with it.

What the fuck I didn't realize the end was right after the shitty nurse.
Should I just start doing chalice dungeons before going into NG+? I have to kill the last two bosses of the DLC still.

sure am would u like a sunmon

They don't scale with NG+ so do them whenever, getting them done as soon as possible is what I'd recommend.

I wouldnt mind have you reached research hall ?

Can't lie /bbg/, so far, some of the bosses that I felt were a little too weak in virgin cycle are a lot more fun in NG+.
I'm talking about Darkbeast Paarl, I blasted through him in my first playthough but now he's actually a challenging fight and I'm seeing his full movet more.

Not really looking for help, just finished ng and I'm a bit bored of farming. Although I suppose I could make a frc if anyone wants to go spelunking.

You probably fought him late in NG. You're expected to fight him right after BSB. Cleric beast > Gascan > BSB > Paarl

Friendly reminder that everything he does, he does for (you)'s

Why is living failure harder at a lower BL ? I fought ludwig solo with ease but living failures give me cancer

Because it is a DPS race.

Multiple enemies means there's a higher chance of getting hit. It's easier to focus on one enemy, and the Failures hit pretty hard especially at lower BLs.

Wait, if I'm looking right at some of the gem set ups, the "best" gems still have a curse attached. I was assuming you could get say a +27% physical attack gem with no curse. Am I wrong here or must a gem like that always be cursed?

All i want is that rakuyo but those living failure pieces of shit are denying me from it

They will always be cursed, but the curses are not all made the same. Atk dwn vs kin, for example, has no effect in PvP, and not many enemies are considered kin. Durability down doesn't effect gun shots so it is good on the bow blade if you only plan on using it as a bow. etc.

>early bosses like papa gascan and amelia feel genuinely threatening in NG+
>bosses like ludwig feel fairly easy
I hate this feeling.

The very top-tier gems are always cursed, yes. That's why they're as powerful as they are. You can't have that kind of massive damage boost (adding over a quarter of a weapon's AR to its final AR is huge) without a drawback.

Best gems are always cursed, several curses aren't too bad. For PvP Beast and Kin Down are the best. Having one weapon for Beasts with Kin down and another for Kin with Beast down is good for PvE. Stam Curse is hardly noticeable, so if you want to use a weapon for everything that's the best curse. Dura down for a few weapons like Wheel and Parasite since they have high durability. -4 HP deplete on Cold Abyssals for Arc builds can be neglected with a +5 HP regen gem on your gun. Atk down is the worst.

Kill the first Ayy, then kill the one on the left. Stay there for the next to spawn, there'll most likely be an Ayy spamming magic but it won't hit you if you stay near the spot. BB Pellets and Bolt Paper to kill them quick enough to prevent others from spawning.

welp, that's why I was prizing my joyful uncursed +18% or so attack gems. I've got a bunch of atk v kin down ones that are higher, but I tend to slot those on back up weapons because I'm too lazy to look up which Eldritch abominations count as kin and which don't

Rom, Bribri, Ayymissary, Brainsuckers and Failures. Any other boss is not.

Majority of curses aren't as bad as you'd think they are. The only one that actually sucks is ATK down because it's usually like 9% and that's terrible.

Almost nothing is kin and the shit that is tends to be so weak anyway that it doesn't even matter. Slot the attack down vs kin ones if they are significantly higher.

>early bosses like papa gascan and amelia feel genuinely threatening in NG+
>bosses like ludwig feel fairly easy
>I hate this feeling.
I beat Gassy and Amelia second and first try on ng+ when I died to them like 6 and 15 times on ng and Amelia was my second hardest boss in ng. I guess maybe you went to ng+ earlier than I did. I did a bunch of chalice stuff first

I'm going to assume Ludwig will still be hard for me for some reason.

They really should've balanced kin better. Like make the class "Eldritch" instead and also include bosses like Amygdala and Wet Nurse. Maybe they didn't want to give you an easy advantage against those bosses with Attack vs kin up gems though.

>Maybe they didn't want to give you an easy advantage against those bosses with Attack vs kin up gems though.
How would that have ever happened? Atk v. Kin/Beasts are rare and a sham to boot for being typically weaker than standard Atk% of the same rating.

Think of gems having a "budget" of positive effects. The higher the rating the higher the budget, so rating 19 and 20 are the best gems. For every positive effect a gem has some of this budget is used up, for example a gem with a secondary effect will have a lower primary effect compares to one that doesn't (eg Watcher gems). And a gem with 3 positive effects (Rom, Elder and Emmisionary in uncursed dungeons) will have even lower effects.

Curses count as negative budget, allowing the gem to make the positive effects better. Some enemies have a unique Modifer for halved curses, but this means the positive effects are also slightly reduced. Which is why Rom Noirishing Abyysals only go to 19.5% but Amy's go to 21.5%, abd the ultra rare Watcher Nourishings go to 23.6% (at rating 19 even) because they have full powered curses and no secondary eating the avalible boosts. Brainsuckets have tiny primary effects but gigantic secondary flat arcane. Madmen are similar but less extreme, with slightly reduced primary effects and teipled secondary effects.

Cursed gems are always best, and full strength curses are best unless it's unavoidable (Rom is still the best source of radial Nourishings). Whether or not a secondary effect is desirable is also up to individual cases. Often gems with no secondary are best, other times a lower primary with a good secondary is best.

Ill try that thanks for the adv

I've always considered Kin bosses to be ascended Great Ones (except Brainsuckers) while Amy, MP, Nurse, etc are true Great Ones. Not confirmed but it's my take on it.

Do i go normal rakuyo or uncanny/lost?

I thought of it like this:
Kin = Guyver
Beasts = Zoanoids

Kin are rarer because they are of purely alien origins.

Normal for Phys/Arc, Lost for Fire/Bolt.

Nice analysis

>DaS3 PvP at Pontiff is deader than fuck
>Not going to buy the DLC

Well, shit. Maybe I'll make the Amelia cosplay now.

Some user said you can get Beast Claws without doing Pthumeru. I'm convinced this is bullshit, but if someone knows better do share please.

That's the opposite of true though.

We know for a fact that the Celestial Emmisionaries and living failures were originally human, same with Rom. The Great Ones actually from nigjtmares arnt Kin.

Guys how much END do you pump points into ? I want 15 arc for Empty Phantasm but then I'll only have 12 END
Btw what the fucks up with the captcha ? It just asked me to select images that feel romantic

Probably meant the glitch that was patched long ago. Summon someone with the Claw in the Dream and you have it yourself I think.

What level are you trying to stop at? Just get the 15 end. No one's going to care if you go to 101. Most of these faggots are 120 or more anyway.

You used to but it was patched

Sho was human too.

I always shoot for 15 end as a minimum.

Most of use are 98. Some are 117.

12 is enough, I usually keep it at base. 15 is the sweetspot and 20 the maximum recommended. Just slap on the best stam rune and you're good to go. Phantasm Shell is eh, 15 Arc for Beast Roar and Old Hunter Bone are better but you can do without. 18 for Augur is nice.

98 i wanna do FC since dsg doesnt host any for console so i come to bbg for my FC fix

This was just the other day. What he actually said was that you can open Loran without doing Pthumeru. Still, though.

Nah you have to do Pthumeru, but just the first two dungeons and then you can farm ritual blood 4 off of a Sackmen on the first layer of Lower Pthumeru. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to reach that point and first two dungeons are really easy.

Just get 15 End then and stop at 101.

Probably if you're on NG+ and can buy the materials, but that requires completing the game. Even then getting Ailing requires killing Amelia and Amy, so you're about half way into the game already.

>20 the maximum recommended
I wouldn't say that. End makes for a great dump stat.

Yeah that's probably what he meant.

I guess I can't expect to escape the soul-crushing tedium anyway if I'm gonna gem the thing eventually.

This is what i was gonna to go for

12 End for Skill weapons is mostly adequate. I wouldn't want 12 for a Rakuyo, but anything else is probably fine.

You don't necessarily need 50 Vit. 44-5 is plenty.

That's good, but 12 Str is kinda a waste. Lone Survivor would've been a better starter, 11 Str for Loch Shield and 10 Blt for Reiter.

Yharman Queen anyone? Ringing at the Bell. And before anyone ask, yeah she isn't hard, she would probably be my favorite boss if you didn't have to do Chalice BS. Pass is bbg.

Move 3 points from Vit to End and 3 more to Arc.

Yeah ik i was planning to go with another weapon but i decided rakuyo would be better but alas i had already started a new playthrough

On my way

This abyssal any good or should I keep trying for a better one?