/domg/ - Dominions General

R'lyeh Edition

Previous Malakal Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>don't bully elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v2622
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Anime weebshit trash
Why are you such a fucking faggot?

I can't help it, plz no bully

OP's crime isn't posting anime but rather posting anime with bad art
I would have liked to see Vampy

Here, have a vamp

fags

Someone want to trade?
I want to buy items.
DWARVES I'M LOOKING AT YOU

n-no homo

Heard you boys like graphs. Here is some from the rats.

nth for weebs should die

But what about everyone else?

I dont have everyone elses

pls no bully

And the last one.

eat shit and die tbqh faggot

what are the standard gameplay mods?
are there any mods that improve SP?

As EA tien chi what should I be striving for in the research department? Is heavenly rivers worth it?

Probably conj 1 first if you wanna git spooky. Otherwise thaum 1 for fear. Those are your fearst battle spells.

After that you can do more conj, ench for flaming arrows, some buffs in alt, the depends meme is strong with TC.

River Demons are rad with a big bless. Not garbage without it, but less impressive than, say, the green lions or water elementals that you get later in the game.

I was pretty spooked there for a second until I saw that half those attacks were from lone scouts.

Lately on /domg/, summod + worthy heroes. Sometimes BetterArena is thrown in to make arena rewards better.

Not really. There's a mod (AI No Rec) that makes it so AI doesn't recruit indies and particularly garbage national units so their armies will be less random trash, but I don't believe any make the AI better or any such thing. I've seen some people also suggest making indie strength 0 so the AI can expand more easily (and you should be expanding easily anyways).

tfw you see someone suicide their scout network

TC? Are those ancestors things stronk? They seem really shitty

they're 1 hp ethereal things, but they're sacred. Their usefulness depends entirely on your bless. S9 = 2 hits to kill them. F9 = they can actually do damage. N9 or D9 = some sort of hp pool. This sort of thing makes them effective tar pits for holding up the enemy army.

Ah, so W9 woudn't be that usefull for them right?

Not particularly, although it will make them a bit harder to hit, so it'll improve their tarpityness a bit.

I've run S9W9 to some success with them before.

If anyone's around, can you give me a hand trying to reproduce bugs on blitzserver?

B9 it up. I found out recently that B9 has absolutely nothing to do with the damage dealt, so 9hp evosoaking sacks of shit are as good as 1hp when it comes to BV.

do your turns

Make me.

Magic Enhanced is pretty good.

>unironically using "nth for ___" like it's fucking d2g or some other shithole
>being so mad at japanese cartoons
Just saying, western cartoons haven't been relevant or good for years

Nobody cares about cartoon relevance. More precisely, nobody cares about what you think it's relevant.

So Ermor is going full invasion on your ass right now? Just to be sure of what the fuck is happening

You entirely sure about that? I know it's got nothing to do with the amount of HP lost. Having nothing to do with damage dealt seems odd though. If it were just some small amount of AN, it wouldn't shut down evospam like it does.

He attacked 5 provinces but 3 of them were with scouts.

kys weeb faggot

Evidently you and that other guy care enough to post about it here

Rats only have three forts?

Seems that way. Probably spending all their cash on grey seers whose price got raised to 800.

Just a warning to everyone turns are back to 24 hours. If you want an extension for Christmas now is the time to ask for it.

Fire one at me, i'll try to reproduce it if I don't fall asleep first.

Send your 2hus

Any streamer/youtuber worth watching for this game? Considering picking it up for a myself and a couple of friends.

>watching how other people play a game with 30-minute turns
Maerlande had an AAR on youtube, I think, and it's pretty okay

Thanks. I'll check it out.

itsmu,Nuclearmonkee and Colonial are bretty good.

Sy has some videos out now on a game played here. I think they're pretty okay.

do turns

>playing MP

>not playing CoE4 and learning ALL the spells

DING

>right click on a unit
>it's a long ass lore text almost as bad as deviant art fan fic
why

Real world mythology is that bad, yeah. Fag.

What unit are you thinking of?

Drain scale only ever offers +1 MR, right? So going 3 drain doesn't give units +3 MR?

The small dicked, naked, man eating Babylonian giants

You seem rather buttblasted, friend. Tell me, where is all this hostility toward Mongolian cooking enthusiasts on a Mongolian cooking forum coming from?

Hey guys. I'm going to be able to do this upcoming turn for Lucky13 before I leave, but I might not be able to do the subsequent turns within a day as I will be travelling. I will have internet and should have time to do my turns daily while vacationing, so I shouldn't need any extensions after this coming turn.

Should be subsequent turn* as in singular.

Depending on how long I spend waiting at the airport, it might be a nonissue entirely, but if I can't get the time to do my turn, then I also won't be able to ask for an extension, so I figure I should let y'all know now.

Where are you travelling exactly?

Asking for a friend.

Jokes on you, I've already got a skeleton inside of me.

All the sprites are finally done. The pretenders both have two forms and the arisen are wearing roughly what my own Arisen wore when I played the game.

Well, in that case you can blame the authors of Book of Enoch

Can you give a character identical item boosters (assuming they can hold two of those items) in order to get +2 in a path?

no

no

Bonuses from same items generally don't stack, but there are a few exceptions like 2 water bottles summoning 2 water elementals, or 3 spirit helmet casting 3 lightning bolts per turn.

>when you forget to script some mages out in the open and suffer pointless losses

Can we not have weebshit as OP image? It's supposed to represent the game, not your shitty hobby.

=)

bring back the politicans

This is a weeb imageboard, feel free to leave if you don't like it.

I'll switch it to 48 hour hosting for the holidays.
normies reee etc.

No plz. He just needs one day and the game just started. Don't do this to us

R'lyeh is relevant to the game, Der Gotter proved that. And so did Stalewarriors

Don't forget KingOfBullies!

In that case I will be going AI. This is simply unacceptable and badminning.

Where are you so I can take your cap?

I'm putting 100 PD in all of my provinces first.

In that case I'll be going AI as well. Thanks badmin, you just lost a customer.

Admin guide when?

Am I doing the scales right?

Yes thats perfect.

The scales are fine, but the magic paths are bad. (but you know this)

Do we have weeb politicians we can use?

I'm pretty sure Trump is a waifufag, at least.

vndb.org/v2622

Sorry, Trump is not a Democrat and therefore disqualified.

What magic paths would you recommend actually? I'm fairly new so I read in the forums and the wiki and saw fire and astral as top priority

I'd take dom 4 or 5 and change the magic to blood or air for diversity

S1 is generally about as much as you need desu. More is just overkill.

Your national magi already have astral and fire. Blood items are good and being able to break into blood is useful for late game.
Air gives a good minor bless for Flamen or if you put Shrouds on your Augur Elders and allows you to craft air boosters.

>fire top priority
Remember that man's name and never take his advice again.

In general if you take a rainbow chassis, you want it to be able to do stuff to extend your national path access.

Ermor has widespread access to astral, but it's relatively shallow and they lack the E/S crosspath, which is needed for crystal gear. Crystal Matrices are mandatory for putting your non-astral mages into communions. Ermor can use E2S2+ for crystal coins and shields. E2 also provides boots and subsequently hammers.

You native get only one point in water, earth, air, and nature on your national mages. This means that you can search for a wide variety paths, even if you lack deep access. Air is the hardest to build up from, and you don't have plentiful A2 mages, so I wouldn't bother with the A boosters (A4 required) unless you wanted to get staffs of elemental mastery which which are expensive. Nature is nice to boost if you have astral already, since N2+ opens up two boosters, letting you get up to n4 and then arbitrarily high with ivy kings to treelords.

Personally, the only paths I consider essential on your pretender are E/S because of the aforementioned crystal gear and, later, golems for magic phase moving thugs. If you want to take other paths, first decide which spells you want to cast or the items you want to forge, then use the magic booster guide to figure out the minimum paths needed to effectively boost to that level.

Don't mislead noobs plz.
S1 makes you vulnerable to Magic Duel. 2 or 3 is safer.

Asked this last thread but I don't think anyone replied
Is Fires From Afar worth anything? Or waste of gems?

>2 or 3 is safer.
A little bit safer. If you want magic duel immunity, you need S7

Are you casting it twice on a small raiding party comprised of non-stealthy mages? Then it's good. Are you casting it on an army where it will injure 10 wolves? Waste of gems.

WOLOLOLOLOLOLO