/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

KNIFE ONLY xD edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016
Hostage extracted, mission failed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=swp9d9tqg7M
frozensynapse.com/store.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DwUg8KkipA0
frozensynapse.com/synapseOrder.html
youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4
youtube.com/watch?v=-Zg4OMScy7g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for new DLC when

Second for fuck ubi and fuck this.

Melee only?

>reddit gets the credit
Feels bad, man. Maybe I should've added an /r6g/ logo when I made this.

nth for wasted potential

look and weep

Blame ubi for making this poorly thought out challenge, not to mention what counts as a gadget is ambiguous

The more female ops who have their faces revealed the more I wish they'd all just wear balaclavas forever.

That's pretty much the Ubi twitter poster's fault for crediting wrong. The guy who posted them to Reddit actually directed to the R6G booru in both posts he made and said it wasn't his work for once. We should start watermarking more adamantly though, to avoid shit like that altogether.

>steam
>unnecessary

So Siege comics when

goddamn I hate people who play ash

When we make them.

maybe when the game is good and not a containment zone for CSGO burnouts

>implying
CSGO junkies shit on anything that isn't CSGO, even when they're not playing it

>containment zone for CSGO Burnouts
>implying it's easier than CSGO

>traffic stop Thermite

i am loving this skin way too much

But csgo is garbage on top of being a completly different game than this.

i miss the old twitch so fucking badly

All she needed was the balaclava re texture

We need a decent looking watermark that both conveys that it's from Veeky Forums and from /r6g/ on Veeky Forums

Honestly, I don't even want credit but I want the fact that people know it's content from this general and crediting Nedroid himself for inspiration.

i play this game in the pro league

this guy is actually right lmao 80% of the pro league players in this game grew up playing counter strike or still play counter strike. a lot of us even do cevo leagues, and a group of us play esea together all the time

at high level this game is actually people burned out on cs right now

>old character portrait was a bit shit but the in-game model was fine
>decide to fix the portrait but ruin the in-game model

why

Serenity is an old World of Tanks pro player

Dirty Bomb had a few CSGO washouts aswell

>watermarking
Fuck off.

Niggas, you're not going to get leddit to stop being leddit. They steal content, often unsourced. That's what they do. And then even if it's sourced, people who grab it from reddit don't look at that (just look at the R6 twitter).

Don't embark on a pointless effort to create some weird ass cringy standardized logo or watermark. It's going to detract from the actual drawing, and/or can easily be removed by leddit posters.

It's what you sign up for when you post things as an anonymous user. If you actually want credit for your art, then be like cacobro and make a tumblr that is actually yours, with a signature that is actually yours.

That''s just my two cents anyway.

And Serenity was a Starcraft player as well, but not sure if he was pro.

Dirty bomb had actual players? I'm pretty sure you could count the teams on one hand after a couple of months. I mean they were good, but I wouldn't have said pro good.

t bh css/cs 1.6 are different than csgo. I played css as well and the community and just the games were so much different than the dogshit that is csgo. that shit is just a slot machine simulator+easy game for 14 year olds to play since it doesn't require a high end pc and all their favorite streamers play it.

DB actually had tournaments before it went off the radar

Pic related

Nigger, you probably don't even know what it's like to never get credit for an edit

I made this like, 2 years ago and nobody knows that I made it

Maybe you haven't paid attention but almost every image bar those nedroid edits have R6G hidden somewhere in them

Holy shit why is this so fun to use, I'm getting flashbacks to pre-nerf Super 90 with every kill.

>pre-nerf Super 90

I'm just waiting for the moment this gets posted on R6 Twitter and credited to a reddit post, with noone seeing the /r6g/ thing on her uniform ever.

Well if you miss

your fucked

I know that, but there was like, 5 teams worth anything. [fE] and maybe [v56], who else? A large portions of the team weren't anything special.

I didn't put any /r6g/ logos in my edits but here's one they haven't stolen yet with a little assurance just in case.

Wrong. I just don't care for the opinion of people I didn't make it for. Or post unrelated stuff for no reason other than I did it. This goes deeper, so sure, so if you want credit that's fine. But for me it's practically a breach of etiquette to have it exist on the picture.

So I'm on holiday back home and I obviously can't play Siege on my laptop toaster I brought with me.

Doorkickers has been giving me dat fix of tacticool I need though, specially with an R6 sound mod.

youtube.com/watch?v=swp9d9tqg7M

Anyone else know of other tacticool games that can run on toasters? Ideally natively compatible with Linux, but if not I can just run them on Wine.

Aren't you the funniest guy on the block.

I've been gone since the end of skull rain, is now a good time to come back? how are the japs and the new map? how's the TS? same fags hanging out there?

Yes
Good
Good
I don't know, there's cool dudes and bad apples as always

Yeah you sound like a bronze faggot
Go back to deviantart

Mentioning it brings an erruption of shitposting.
The japs are good.
The new map is not favela or yacht terrible.
Netcode not fixed, lightning still bad.
Welcome back, commander.

Frozen Synapse is PvP and a lot better than DK for tacticool top down. I hated that you couldn't tell your people which way to be looking in DK when I played it so I just ended up refunding it. Breach & Clear is more of the same.
Pic related is good if you want FPS instead.

Alright buddy, way to exaggerate a potential solution into ridiculousness.

Too many new players right now. Unless you have a squad to roll with even ranked can be cancer if you get unlucky with randoms.
I'm just waiting for shitters to leave or get better so I can actually rely on teammates again

I'll be a shitter for a while anyway, instead of fps I took a break to play a children's card game

>I hated that you couldn't tell your people which way to be looking in DK when I played it so I just ended up refunding it
user...but you can do that
You just hold CTRL when you give the look command they strafe while moving until given a new look command or reset to just look where they're moving

>ranked can be cancer if you get unlucky with randoms.
This.

Now that I'm down at copper 2 idk if I still want to play this game, at least on ranked.

Hearthstone?

gwent

How's the standalone?

quite fun, meta is dominated by two factions out of the four we have in beta though, they just released new cards and ranked mode

Okay, hypothetically, who would draw/write them consistently

There's an influx of new players in casual too but it's not like it matters there. My friends and I have been getting paired again level 3-20 players so much these days that we might as well be farming renown. It reminds me of when Siege went free for a weekend of something and you had temporary players calling you a hacker every single game

Oh, well not I feel like a retard. Thanks. I guess I'll give it another chance some time in that case. Forgot to mention if you do get Frozen synapse you should get the original and not prime.

Alright user, thank you very much. I'm happy it's even natively on Linux as well, I'll go ahead and buy it

Fair enough. I'm still enjoying things, I just miss when the game was just a little bit less alive (right around the end of Skull Rain) but almost all players I matched with were chill and experienced.

I got really unlucky with my placements and got Gold 3, and it's only been downhill since then. I don't bother with the TS for ranked because it's either people that talk shit every time I die, which drains my will to even play, or people that aren't consistent enough to rely on anyways, or both. The people that were regularly good at the game but weren't cocks about it seem to have run away because of previous drama and the bad rep the TS got. I wish we'd get some new folks or the old boys back. I need more people to play with.

Steam sale starts tomorrow too so the ride has only just begun.

>original and not prime.
Why?

I'm not big in the comics world, but I'd have to say Dark Horse would be a start, just as a publisher. They seem to have a good handful of writers and artists they work with.

Oh god no

>knife room again
>this time its everything but firearm are allowed
this is actually quite fun

think I'll be fine once I get a hang of new map and meta, if I'm total shite I might go back to playing insurgency or day of infamy, quicker games to get into with a server browser and nothing matters there

Look up 3-angled-blue.

Prime has a game-pad focused UI, doesn't ass any real content, costs more and in the past it had been known for connection issues but that might have been fixed by now. You can get prime if you really want to though, I heard it's just not as good as the original. 0 idea if it's got linux support.

>condemned to familty christmas far from my desktop for a week
Whyyyy

>tfw am kebab

Do like these guys
and play Classic R6 games + Doorkickers + Frozen Synapse + SWAT 4

this is what happens when they go for moba like '''unique''' operators instead of more generic, but cooler looking ones

Which kebab country should be the one to get a CTU in the future in Siege, Mr. Muhammad?

How would you react to IDF appearing in Year 3?

Oh don't take me wrong, I'm fine with new players. I appreciate when they can learn from their deaths and actually take some advice.
It's just that there are so many of them that'll complain every time they get outplayed instead of thinking "what did I do wrong?". Look at the general here for example. People would much rather complain about things they have difficulty with rather than try to get better at the game to deal with them.

why don't you pick me user? ;_;

I hate using your gadget and your gun, albeit doing a fuckton of DPS, kicks like a fucking mule

I don't know what causes people to react this way instinctively. It didn't happen as much during release, maybe because the crowd was more niche.

I wonder if it's just the DSP-effect kicking in?
"WOOOOOOW I COULDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING WOOOOW"

I was browsing Twitch a few days ago looking for small-time Siege streamers and I found this rando guy that was new to the game and was DSP-ing the fuck out at really normal deaths that he didn't see coming just because he was pretty new. He was raging irrationally to his like 10 viewers, so I engaged him in chat and tried to explain some basic things to him. He was a bit abrasive but seemed to calm down

I tuned in a few days later and whaddaya know, the guy was actually not getting mad when he got killed, and actually watching the kill cams to see how he died

Character development, I guess.

Wait, Frozen synapse is linux compatible?

Your gadget is a meme with minimal impact and both of your guns are pretty shit. You're just a two speed with breaching charges and if I wanted that i'd play someone useful like Sledge or Thatcher.

user, I think you just gave me a new fetish

Yup.
frozensynapse.com/store.html

For some reason I don't see the Linux version on Steam though, so we might have to get it through their site directly

Well considering that I am Albanian

youtube.com/watch?v=DwUg8KkipA0

Idunno maybe the Egyptian unit

Nevermind that link, that's for the expansion only
Here's for the game

frozensynapse.com/synapseOrder.html

the FAMAS isn't the best gun in the game anymore?

Just a reminder that if you unironically think blackbeard is useless now you're a giant shitter, doesn't matter what rank you are, you're a fucking shitter.

What is the context of this my man

To whoever has a toaster away from siege, if you've never tried it, consider getting Jagged alliance 2 (and the 1.13 mod).

I'm not even sure you can buy it, but you should be able to find it easily enough. Vanilla is fine because the later versions of 1.13 suffer from a bit of overdesign if you don't know what to turn off before starting.

> she knew where I was because I popped her friend just a few seconds ago outside

I use him more aggressive now

The first 3 seasons were just fine, and Echo is just fine. It's honestly just Hibana that looks like shit. Her hood, hair, and nail polish just convey "I'm a fucking anime character" and her sci-fi gun isn't the worst of her, but it could look a little more grounded for sure.
I'm fine with them going a partial plainclothes style for the SAT, It makes the ctu stand out from the other year one operators that all have closer to standard gear, and helps convey that they mostly operate within urban settings. It's fitting.

The DSP effect is absolutely the issue at hand with new, and even older Siege players. You could also label it as literal autism. "It's not my fault, it's the game! It's the enemies being assholes! I can't possibly be doing anything wrong!" Unfortunately, enough people complain that it validates the whining.

>and later ported to Linux by Tribsoft
user you're a hero

Awesome, thank you

I don't think he is useless my only problem with him is his long as fuck ADS time without the shield, if shielded and non were seperate i would actually play him

What's with all you chums using Linux on your laptops
Did I miss a meeting or...?

This is my current biggest issue with him now. There's no polarity between his two modes, which is what it feels more like with such little health. He needs more ability to be reactionary without his shield, and having his shield up should force him to focus on holding angles and predicting enemy movement.

>watch a video
>you're in my spot sir
>that's my mark you're at
>you're in my way sir

>one suspect appears
>suddenly every squad member shouts POLICE GET THOSE HANDS UP POLICE GET DOWN POLICE
>squad member sings to himself while picking locks
>civilians sings "to the dirt" softly to herself while cuffed
I can't stop laughing..

I use Linux for everything mang, even on my main PC at home. I only have a small Win10 partition for the few games I can't already run on Linux, like Siege. I've been too lazy to do the GPU passthrough thing but maybe I'll do it someday so that I don't even need a Windows partition

youtube.com/watch?v=16dbAUrtMX4

link?

What's more interesting about this is how they end up there in the first place. Walled all windows as Castle and hatch was closed so they all got funneled right into the murder holes we had ready for them.
P.s Dat .45

youtube.com/watch?v=-Zg4OMScy7g

SWAT4 is the fucking best and I'm sad that if we ever see a sequel, it'll likely be crap.

>Playing online back when
>Practically everyone used a mic on that game
>All the goofy bullshit that'd happen
>People trying to be serious and call out terrorists, other people memeing and shouting DOWN ON THE GROOOUND
>Playing on the higher player cap servers where there'd be an insane amount of T's around to compensate for the higher players
>SWAT4 becomes a fucking action movie

Could a camera that drills though walls be cool for this game?

How is the /r6g/ TS for learning? I'm pretty god awful, but I've been through the learning process before in other games, and groups definitely speed up that process.