Are there any news cars that still use a traditional metal key?

Are there any news cars that still use a traditional metal key?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hi I'm op and I suck dick.

stop projecting faggot

Nigga so

What do you mean? My 01 civic has a chip in the key that communicates with the immobilizer. A spare was 70 bucks without the fob. I doubt any new keys are simpler than that.

>01 civic

he said new cars

Traditional as in a bare metal key like a house key? lol fuck no, not in over a decade.
Still having a metal key you turn to start it? Yeah 99% of cars still do.

I'd say more like 2/3rds still do

Almost 100% sure the GMC savanna and chevy express still do. those things have been unchanged for like 14 years or something. no reason too i guess.

i thought OP was referring to like a metal key that doesnt fold into the key fob or something.

most mitsus still do,except the outlander and it's siblings i think,lancer,pajero,mirage and the l200 still don't have start buttons(that is a good thing)

entry level VAG i.e polo or up

reading comprehension. learn it.

i said that because it's an old car that doesn't have a plain metal key. i would assume most new cars are equally or more complex.

Funny, cause Mitsubishi makes the smart keys for some other manufacturers

You're the one who needs to learn how to read. Your 01 civic has nothing to do with the question.

New Ford Fusions do.

did you just reply so you could brag about your 01 shitvic having a chip in the key?

youtube.com/watch?v=tbhHcxscu4Q

GT-R

Dacias

>manufacturers make it so that not every hackface with a gadget can reprogram car keys
>this is somehow a bad thing

BASED

Do you mean a straight metal key, or do you mean cars that are not push starts?

also not a car but motorcycles user

Pushbutton start is usually an optional feature.

I know for Hyundai it usually is. Every base Hyundai still uses a traditional key unless you add an expensive $2k "tech package" to your kit list.

Once again motorcycles triumph
All motorcycles still have metal keys with cheap replacements

Of course they do, all it would take otherwise is pushing a button and your bike is stolen.

Even cars with transponder based authentication for locks and engine operation will have a traditional key so in the event of a dead battery you aren't permanently stuck.

Hillary Clinton hasn't driven herself in four decades. I can't believe she has an opinion on proximity transponders.

Fun story on metal keys

>first day working at first garage job
>know basically nothing about cars
>boss tells me to pull in the red honda
>two red honda's in the lot
>oh well whichever one the key works on
>go to bright red civic, pop key right in and start it
>boss looks really confused when I pull it in the bay
>guy from next door comes yelling out
>mfw I accidentally almost stole a car on the first day on the job

Turns out honda only had like 20 different key patterns or something and that the same key could work in a number of different hondas of the same general age

Nope, those come with chip keys nowadays as well.

some kias do i think

Only if you buy the base model car

hmmm i bet in india china japan africa russia croatia north korea south korea and south america they have new cars that use a key

op thinks he and his hometown are the only people on earth

i bet op was one of the retards who voted trump

My 2016 Nissan Versa uses a solid metal key. No buttons, no bullshit. I can get copies made for two dollars.

>buying hyundai

why

>gf has 2016 Kia
>Switchblade key fob alone weighs more than my entire key ring with 7 keys, two split rings and a leather keychain

I hate taking that car anywhere because the keys are such a pain to lug around

We have a new Ford Fiesta that still has a metal key, and all of our brand new Ford Transit vans also still use a metal key.

Nice

gelandewagen

Base model Subarus

Mitsubishis without the Keyless fob option.

Why would you even want that? Push button is so comfy, I feel like a Jackass whenever I have to drive my keyed car now.

Nope. Motorcycles have push button start with a fob just like fancy non shit cars.

The poverty spec Expeditions we have at work have keys, also pretty much any Hyundai or Kia has keys.