Can i get in trouble for having a car that doesn't have a working reverse gear...

can i get in trouble for having a car that doesn't have a working reverse gear? are there any circumstances where this would be too dangerous for me to daily drive?

im in michigan so we don't have inspections or anything

The future is forward, asshole.

>are there any circumstances where this would be too dangerous for me to daily drive?

well, I'm sure it might be a bit of an issue in situations where you have to reverse

Why doesn't your reverse work? Lol do you drive cuckmatic transmission?

cute doge

Just never make a mistake, user. It's like learning to write in pen.

>cuckmatic transmission?

yes, mechanic guy said its either the reverse band or the solenoid actuator but since i complained about it shaking sometimes he said theres probably more to it and would need a full rebuild which i cant afford

ya but what situations would those be. i was going over it in my head and couldnt think of any

it doesnt engage at all?

Probably just the solenoid

take it to a non shitty mechanic

What if you accidentally drive into an anti- Trump protest march?

>not running over them and cleaning the world piece by piece at full speed

>ya but what situations would those be. i was going over it in my head and couldnt think of any
>literally reversing out of any scenario
>needing to get your car closer to something rear-first
>parallel parking
>exiting or entering any kind of parking
>>couldn't think of any

parking was the only one i could think of, but i dont live anywhere that needs parallel parking and i can always just park in spots that i can drive straight out of...

>

you talk a big game but you wont do shit

What the fuck do you want me to do, post a picture of a common domestic car beating another common domestic car?

I am not the one that gives shit to FWD shitboxes even tho amerifat cars other than something like the Cobalt needs insane engine power just to defeat a turbo FWD shitbox.

Wait what the fuck that wasn't in this thread. Sorry.

I've lost reverse gear before. In autos and manuals.

You just stick your foot out the door and flintstone your way back. Avoid downhill dead ends.

Coworker told a story of being a little tipsy and turning the wrong way down a one way street.
>No reverse
>traffic coming
>DUI calling his name
>DUI waiting to ruin his career
>Drive into someones yard
>Pushed out once traffic cleared
>Bought a new car the following morning.

I dont drink/drive, but after hearing that story, I could see how curtain situations could bite you in the ass.

I've driven standards that don't have a functioning reverse.

>could something go wrong i drive a car that is missing an essential vehicle function?

nah man you gucci

Do you want a helicopter ride?

>i can always just park in spots that i can drive straight out of..
how is that possible?

What if someone parks in front of you? If there's an incline you might not be able to push it out.

OP can you think for yourself in the slightest? What the fuck do you do if you find yourself needing to do a point to point turn?

Is your car big?
If you really can't afford to get another shitbox, you can just put it in neutral, open the door, and push backwards with your leg. Problem solved.
But that shit is gonna get old fast, so save some money up.

You can actually use the suspension to turn forwards momentum into reverse. Get a little speed up, about 5-10 MPH, and step on the brakes sharply. Let off as soon as you stop, but before the suspension de-compresses, and that will trickle you backwards.
I use that to adjust my position at lights. Annoys the shit out of people behind me when I slide backwards on level ground with no reverse lights.