Is the lexus is 250 any good? It looks cool and I want one

Is the lexus is 250 any good? It looks cool and I want one.

Should I?

Only if you want a manual more than you want the extra power of the 350. If you want an auto 250 just kill yourself.

Yeah I want it auto haha.

is250 is the badgewhore/chick car/lease special car. shut up and buy a civic for 3k or get something actually worth the money.

>is250 is the badgewhore/chick car/lease special car.

This line completely undermines the amenities and the quality that the IS has to offer and demonstrates that you know nothing about cars, busrider.

Ya because a $3k civic is comparable to the is250 you absolute retard

Sure, why not? It's more reliable than its entry level European counterparts though I'm not much a fan of how it looks.

Solid luxury commuter.

Why do you want it?

I have this gen of IS350. Fantastic handling car with decent steering feel compared to the Germans. Transmission is good and power is decent (although the Germans have a bit more grunt).

The IS250 is a bit anemic IMO. Most people who have it got the 250 because they just wanted a comfy car to lease.

Also they don't sell the 250 anymore. They have the 200t in RWD, 300 in AWD, or the 350 in RWD or AWD.

Lexus doesn't offer manual in the IS.

I want one too. I'm scared I won't find a 350 around here, although I could care less really. I don't go fast.

The interior specifically. I want to be able to live out my aesthetic deus ex/matrix dreams with this car and drive through cities in the comfy being.

It will also attract women because it's high class and luxury.

>It will also attract women because it's high class and luxury.

Girls don't really give a shit about cars friendo...

See

That issue with him was that he was a short gremlin face, his bmw would have gotten him pussy otherwise.

No, he was an autistic manchild that had no personality so he thought buying a car would make up for it

This too.

I-i just want to ride in the inner city with this car smoking and listening to jinsang and nunjabe okay?

>yfw the Rodge will never ride in the inner city in his car smoking and listening to jinsang and nunjabe again

He aint that ugly. If had the same looks with a good personality he could of swam in pussy

Stop bullying me you big mean bully you :(

>$3000 Civic is the same as a new Lexus.

The 250 is really slow. But if that doesn't bug you, go for it. It's really comfy. My uncle has one his work leases for him and he says it's great for the long driving trips he has to do.

>Should I?

Sure, if you are looking for a reliable, luxurious, refined and comfortable car go for it.

Just don't be like that Elliot guy thinking that you are going to attract girls with your car.

>wanting any car with a front end that looks like that

stop encouraging this bullshit

>implying OP cares about the opinion of a bitter poorfag who pots in a Chinese weaving forum

He clearly does, or he wouldn't have come here asking for opinions genius.

Yeah, but not your opinion on the looks, because it looks good, and the grille looks fantastic.

What are you talking about that's the best part of the exterior. It looks amazing.

10/10 trolling, good job

0/10 shitposting

The only people that don't like it are Hyundai Accent drivers and busriders.

Autism confirmed

>Lexus doesn't offer manual in the IS
He probably thought OP's picture was 2nd gen. I made that mistake at first glance.

>I have this gen of IS350
2nd gen owner here.

>Fantastic handling car with decent steering feel
This is one of my biggest complaints about my 2nd gen. Very quick in a straight line, but lacks confidence around corners. Is the handling/steering improvement worth upgrading to 3rd gen even though it's a bit slower?

I think they improved it for 2017... The headlights in particular. That said, it's still a polarizing design. I'm on the fence about it.

Why wouldn't you be able to find a 350? There's no shortage in my area.

>is250 is the badgewhore/chick car/lease special car
I'd have to agree to a certain extent. As a 350 driver, most 250's I see on the road are piloted by females or try-hard douchebags. Other 350's are a rare sighting.

If you don't really care about performance... It's a nice place to be I suppose. Lexus reliability. May regret not going 350.

Perhaps 250 owners don't need to go fast but instead, want the better fuel economy?

Just a thought. kthx bai.

>RWD
IS250: 21 city / 30 highway
IS350: 19 city / 28 highway
>AWD
IS250: 20 city / 27 highway
IS350: 19 city / 26 highway

Wow. Nice savings. Totally worth having 102 less horsepower.

Just a thought.

>no real world stats from either

Yeah, no.

>real world stats
Lol. Denial.

Face it... Your 250 is slow and barely makes better fuel economy.

Slow is hyperbole and fuel economy is not.

Your 350 guzzles fuel just so you can rack up higher insurance rates. Good for you.

>Slow is hyperbole
Not really. 7.5 seconds to 60 is pretty slow. Sorry.

>Your 350 guzzles fuel
Oh, it sure does. But so does your 250.

>just so you can rack up higher insurance rates
Yeah. $65/mo is really killing me here. Wish I could go back to my old Civic where it was $55/mo. Those were the days.

It's a girl's car.

>I bought a 350 and have to defend it to the death!

Your 1 second quicker to 60 time means absolutely nothing m8. Youbpaid, what, an extra 2-6k dollars for 1 second bro!

My ex gf has a 2008 awd is250 and I have a 2008 rwd is350. I've driven both in the tens of thousands of miles and personally put 22k on my 350 this year. The awd system is great in the snow and makes me regret not buying the cheaper awd is350 when i bought mine.

350 is quick, I find myself gliding to 100+ mph more than I would like to admit. I get 20 mpg around town and 29 mph with the ethanol free premium on the highway. These cars really make me lust after a 2012+ ISF.

Please finish 8th grade before you respond to me. Thanks, Chief.

Ohhh fuck it. I'll play.

>Your 1 second quicker to 60 time
Try two seconds, stupid.

>means absolutely nothing m8
Oh it sure does. It means you'll get stuck back at that pesky red light while I'm already pulling into your driveway to fuck your sister.

>Youbpaid, what, an extra 2-6k dollars
I paid less that $20k for a 2nd gen.

Tell your taskmaster that shilling here is a waste of time

What are the prices like and which version of the car I should buy?

You guys are actually tugging me between the 2 cars. Can an owner or driver of both cars give me a list of pros and cons and include things like prices (used) and availability?

I'll own buy it in dark blue or black for the record.

Don't be a faggot and buy the 350 F Sport.

>What are the prices like
>include things like prices (used) and availability
Don't be lazy. Just go to cars.com or whatever website and search in your area. I picked up my 2007 IS350 for just over $16k.

>which version of the car I should buy?
>You guys are actually tugging me between the 2 cars
Simple: If you wanna go fast, save up a bit more for the 350. If you're just looking for something nice to cruise around in... go with the 250. Just don't expect to win many stoplight races (if you're into that kind of thing)

>Can an owner or driver of both cars give me a list of pros and cons
People will say the 250 gets better fuel economy. True, though it's really pretty negligible. I wouldn't let that factor too much into your decision. If you opt for AWD, you'll have this weird hump in the driver side footwell. Test drive and make sure this is comfortable for you.

>I'll own buy it in dark blue or black for the record
No one cares.

What's wrong with those? They have cool sport seats and LFA gauges.

Guess it's time to hijack this thread. What you guys think of Gen2 IS350? Is it a good sports car? Will I be smoking other plebs on the streets? Is the car tuner friendly?

b8

>unironically thinking new lexus grilles look good

Nothing, they are cool

They do

>What you guys think of the Gen2 IS350?
Very quick. Nice interior. Good sound system. Road feel is lacking.
>Is it a good sports car?
Not really
>Will I be smoking other plebs on the streets?
Most likely
>Is the car tuner friendly?
Not at all

Buy a corolla and save 20% for not being badgewhore.

>Lexus IS = overpriced Corolla

Oh this again... Please, go ahead and tell me everything IS shares with Corolla. I'll wait.

Its easier for me to write down things they dont share

>badge
>bumpers
>door panels
>wheels

Trolling or just stupid? Pick one.

>Pick one
ill pick 20 000 one dollar bills for not having """luxury""" badge and razor bumpers

Try writing down ten things they do share. They're nearly identical cars, right? Shouldn't be a tough task!

>Only IS to share shit with a Toyota was with the Altezza
How did you learn to type so well with your ass?

my mistake.... there is one more thing they dont share

the steering wheel

Ten things they do share. Waiting...

>still can't give a real answer
BTFO
Lexus hasn't shared shit with Toyota since the ES stopped being an Avalon. Run along Alphonse.

>Lexus hasn't shared shit with Toyota since the ES stopped being an Avalon.
ok user, now im worried you are not trolling

Where are those new MODS to stop this madness?

>Haha

haha
a
h
a

jews

ITT: People trying to defend the is250 autistically when everyone with a sane mind and is not autistic KNOWS damn well the is350 is the correct version to get.

OP, don't be a retard. You're buying a Lexus, a premium car. You obviously want to "stand out" somehow, so why not spend a bit more to get something better? inb4 oh good goyim. No seriously, if you want to drive it for a while, get the is350. If not, just don't get the IS line at all and save some money.

This

Its like 10% more to get the is350

Yeah. I'm saving up, i'll probably just get the 350. Thanks boyos.

Which gen you going for?

second gen probably