>getting the urge to post all kinds of stupid thought on social media
>post here instead

Sup guise

niggers did what they know best lmao

>shorty seat
when will they learn
ps GSOYD

Oh god your DRZ was stunted?! Bahaha

I doubt hooking it up to the bike will make much of a difference to the light output. There's a small voltage difference (13 or so volts vs 11 or so) but these aren't high current wires so just shoving the frayed ends onto the battery terminal doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. I've been using this type of connecter all over my bike for all but my headlight and horn.

Is your SC seat real leather? Mine is some woven material on the sides and a gripper on the top.

this.

k

They replaced my nice rear rack with that thing and lubed the fuck out of the clutch cable. and crossthreaded and rounded off every bolt they touched, including the one that holds the kicker on from the looks of it

>gunna pull the engine
>462 bore + stroke
>FCR 41mm carb
>stage 2 hotcams
>larger valves cut
maybe

why even keep it if you're getting the 701?
get a lightweight smoker or something to tarding on.
>mfw you keep it for when the 701 is broken down

Mmmm seat concepts

I think it's vinyl similar to the stock seat. My roommate had the gripper top/weave sides. Seemed a lot better for offroading but annoying on a travelling bike. I move around on the seat a lot to stay comfy.

I have a KX250. I'm keeping the DRZ for mostly sentimental reasons, and because it's not worth shit at this point.

seat comf/10?
trying to decide between sdg and sc. sdg can make me a cool one with a step or those gripper bumps and cost less. but idk the comf.

To make a dirt bike truly street worthy costs a couple hundred dollars at least. You need a good headlight and tail light, turn signals, handlebar switches, ignition key switch, connectors, wires, horn, relays, etc. It's a pain in the ass as well.

Also a dirt bike with a license plate is NOT the same as a dual sport.

He's a troglodyte don't bother.

Kek my DR-Z came with an SDG and SC. The SC was installed and the SDG on the side since the PO said he didn't like it. After a while I eventually tried it.
>have to force it on because fit isn't right and bolt holes don't line up
>eventually get it bolted on
>10 minutes in I'm already uncomfortable
>worse than stock seat in every way
>change back to SC as soon as I get home.

converted my XR for about $600 including DOT tires and a bunch of stuff i couldve gone cheaper on
took a day to set it all up since i did a full rewire at the same time. otherwise its a couple hours to stick a kit on and go get inspected.
just as comfy and capable on the street as any DS of similar design too, i just have it undergeared since its my backwoods basher

>stock headlight and tail light
Welp thats done
>switch for brakes
Bout $0.50 for a tiny switch at radioshack
>turn signals
$20 for all 4 corners at superbrighleds
>headlight/signal/horn switch
$8 on amazon
>horn
Junkyard for like $2
>wire
Like $5 for 50 feet
>connectors
A few cents
>key
Factory switch works fine. Either way those are like $2 at the junkyard too
>dirtbike with a plate
Exactly what a dual sport is

I'm out Miramar way, just recognized the red building.

>. You need a good headlight and tail light, turn signals, handlebar switches, ignition key switch, connectors, wires, horn, relays, etc.
Most states you just need headlight with high and low beam, brake and tail light, horn and at least one mirror. It can be done really cheap if you don't mind chinese ebay special parts.

>the homies gonna let me ride the ape tomorrow
>maybe the husqy too
>gotta ride all the way to la tho

fuck. sdg's are really cool looking and cheap.

>finally pay off my 250
>time to upgrade to a big boy bike
>begin to look around for next year
>realize every single one will net me endless ridicule on /dbt/

s u f f e r i n g

Just dont get a suzuki and youll be fine
What 250 do you have?

>You need a good headlight and tail light

Add wire to high beam location on the plug of the WR450, look at that high and low beam when you wire the switch in.

WR LED tail light, add a wire into the brake light spot on the STOCK tail light, look at that, a brake light.

You'll only spend a couple of hundred if you're a dumb ass nigger.

>big boy bike
pic related.
disclaimer: not for short boys

He doesnt want to be slower than his current 250

impossible unless upgrading from wr250r/x or honduh anything

There are many 250s (mostly all of them) better than a drz
Sport bikes included
Pic also related

anything but these basically, I've had to re do so much wiring on bikes and cars over the years from this shit.

CBR250R

Was/am going to upgrade to another Sport/Supersport which from what Ive seen is absolutely haram here.

Might just get a Street Triple

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI

so 29" inseam is not short?

Pic also related

>be fat
>suspension bottoms out at the sight of your ass
>flat foot anything

It's only haram for insecure cuckbois who crash a lot

/dbt/'s opinion should not be taken seriously even when it's good advice like or "get the wr250r, it's better than the drz400s"

>Might just get a Street Triple
Do eet

So I'm poor and in the LA area, what should I be spending on my first bike as someone with no mechanical experience? Like $2500?

nice cafe racer

I really want a 600RR or 1000RR because as a kid I always loved superbikes, but theres just something about the Stripple or FZ-09 that appeals to me.

yes, and what a coincidence this is

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5912606104.html

It's the triple engine. They are sex.

fz09 + suspension upgrade = better
the 675 is weak af and the 850 is barely heavier

nekkids are the fad right now because they don't confer the same image/aura as sportbikes, but not having any fairings genuinely sucks for long trips

on the other hand, having fairings sucks if you ride hard on the street chasing nonexistent strips and crash at least once a year

I'm genuinely surprised at how often people say to clean/lube their chains. I swiftly spray/brush my chain down at most a couple times a year with several thousand miles in between. My chains still last forever and I've never had issues with links seizing or any other issues. With some people saying to clean/lube every 200 miles or similar you probably spend more on solvents and lube than I do on chains.

>Nekkids are the fad right now because everyone got told off for liking cafe racers

Fixed

I was doing some research on the FZ-09 and it seems the 2017 fixed the front forks issue, theyre now fully adjustable. I didnt see a price but I hope it isnt too much higher than 2016 because the price is what made it stand out.

>every 200 miles

Maybe they ride where it's dusty and muddy

>tfw when you go out and end up with fucking paint on your chain
how the fuck

Fairings are super overrated. Unless you have a huge touring fairing the actual difference in fatigue is barely noticeable.

Why not a gixxer 750. 600 weight, litre like torque. Better looking. 10x cheaper.

What are the chances that this is stolen?

its $9k instead of $8200 now. got all pic related, a quickshifter and much less jerky fueling.

Stock seat heights are overrated too.

When I ride in the mud the outside of the links where no contact occurs I can get a bit of mud buildup or rust but I don't see any problem with that. The moving parts are sealed with orings and the outside of the rollers gets cleaned off as it passes over the sprocket so I don't really see the point in spending 20 minutes a week cleaning it.

relatively low. I don't think many people are stupid enough to blatantly list a hot bike on craigslist. Price seems about right for a ninjette missing fairings.
Ask for the vin and search it.

He's short enough to be in the air bubble on his DRZ.

Have you considered ACT gears?
I'd go through every last part if it were mine

the headlight is uggo though.

it looks fun as fuck though. If they could make a full fairing FZ-09 with the same seating position Id pay 10 grand today.

Shit can get on the outer side of the O-rings and slowly wear them down as it works its way in

Some shit will also get on the inside and abrade the sprocket and rollers

Unless you have super special cold weather/rain gear or really fat legs that no fairing on earth can cover it's noticeable

i like the new headlight more. kinda looks like ktm. would look better with a shroud above it.

Yeah it's on the list.
I don't have the space or the tools to split the cases though, so I'm looking into what a performance shop will charge for the whole engine build.

I used to ride from Philly to Rochester, NY and back every two weeks. One week I took my fairingless ninja 250, another week I took a BMW K75c. I did not notice a difference in upper body/head/neck fatigue or the wind being less annoying on my extremities.

>would look better with a shroud above it.
Yeah that just looks incomplete. A short black plastic piece going from the top of the light up to the instrument cluster would look a lot better.

also that seat resembles the buell blast

OI~ CUNT!!!

You're so tired that you can't mess with the DR-z, but you can post on the /dbt/? Nah nigga, you can go tinker on the DR-z and shitpost while smoking.

>K75C

Yeah, no wonder you didn't notice. A sportbike fairing has a windshield that actually does shit (you tuck behind it) and side cowls that deflect wind around your legs and feet.

Sport touring fairings are the same thing but fatter

The windscreen is still at least twice the size of any actual sport bike.

I don't wanna fuck anything up. Also should probably go to the store and get new fluids first.

I've been thinking about just starting the tear down right now and pulling the engine regardless of whether it works or not.

That's a bad idea though, I should just get it running and let it be beat until I have the 701 to ride.

I should really just go fix the carb in my Ninja and sell that.

I'm so fucking tired I just keep typing and I don't know why.

And ergonomics that put you well out of its way

poorfag with little experience here. how do i make my 02 yz250f look less like ancient garbage? newer bikes are worth much more than i'll be able to afford for a very long time, but i'm tired of being ridiculed by the local dickheads for "riding a freight train"
pic related

If it were my bike, I wouldn't even see if it starts.

I dont see what the problem is.
Other than you need better friends

braid is a small boy. and iphone 6 on a ram mount deflects more than enough wind for him.

Ride it and crash it and get scratches all over everything then you won't care what it looks like.

>tfw

Does the bike perform well? Is it running fine? Are your friends dickheads? I suggest you find the problem and fix it.

>Does the bike perform well
>Yamaha

do you really need to ask

There was never a doubt

stylish bike for mature adults coming through

>suzuki
You can bet its slow and heavy.

>suzuki

must be fast, light, and reasonably priced

Uhm, I did say to find the problem and fix it.

>Beta nu-male sissy trap cuckboi faggots dont even know how to property point a headlight, kek

>
>Suzuki faggots dont even know how to property point a headlight, kek
Ftfy

It's specifically engineered to blind cagers

Its probably for signaling niggers to get their boipuccis rekt by tyrones bbc

>Race bikes get seamless quickshifters and real gear boxes
>this is not standard equipmetn for anyone else
>we're still stuck with clutching and throttle chopping
>if you're a cuck you can get a DCT with paddle shafters
>there is an actual demand for simple and quick gear changes but nobody will just sell the thing that's functional, light, and reliable

fuck the motorcycle industry man

>hes mad that someone changed the bars and seat
Insecure much?

The fuck you on about?
How hard is it to move your foot a little?

quickshifters are all over the place, you can add one to tons of bikes too. did you mean seamless gearbox? that's really unnecessary for 99% of people. slipper clutches and quickshifters are enough.

>Implying im lauging at some retard hipster cuckboi that dosent even know how to properly point a headlight

>my bike doesn't have a quickshifter
Literally just fucking add one. They're not complicated devices. Shit, if you buy a PCIII or some other fuel mapping device you can even add on an autoblipper as well.

>has to modify a bike to a specific look so it can be ridden by the owner because all other bikes are not of his liking

Sounds pretty insecure and vain if you ask me senpai

A lot of things are unecessary, but we still want them because they are nice.

You can hack a quickshfiter onto your gixxer (bro) but it's just not the same as a factory quickshifter with a seamless gearbox

Sweet insecurity bro

>doing whatever the fuck you want with your bike
Sounds secure to me

>implying im not cocky douchebag son of bitch

I bet youre more insecure than me bby ;)