So, does anyone on Veeky Forums keep fuel mileage records? How autistic about it are you?

So, does anyone on Veeky Forums keep fuel mileage records? How autistic about it are you?

I keep one for my car, truck, and motorcycle. I record date, location, fuel grade, fuel quantity, fuel cost per liter, total fuel cost, trip meter, odometer, mpg, l/100km, city/Highway split and anything of note for that tank. It's all nicely setup in Excel for me.

literally why

Autism, also tax credits.

My car has a trip meter I reset when I fill up.

My car also tells me my MILES PER GALLON IM GETTING BASED ON MY DRIVING

Yes, I keep track of my mileage in an online database. Just interesting stuff. Who doesn't like statistics on everything.

I just put all my fill ups in my phone app called Drivvo. It does all the work and I just fill in the blanks. Gives me nice charts of gas prices over time, cost per mile, etc. Can also be used for maintenance records so it's very handy to have.

I'd do this but I like the continuity of a 13 year old spreadsheet.

I just started this year so it's more reasonable for me. If I had been doing it that long I wouldn't change the habit knowing I couldn't move everything. I wish I started it when I first got the car last year, though.

Gonna be sweet to see how it all looks years from now. Gonna try to have full service records on it.

I probably should

The D4D engine in my Hilux is a good engine, but the biggest fault with them is the main jets becoming worn over time, and this is noticeable pretty much only by increased fuel consumption until the engine one day seizes

Yeah, the records are wonderful to have. My motorcycle has records that are thicker than a phonebook, including everything from forum posts about a certain farkle/adjustment to receipts for oil.
I also splurged on the full shop manual with part numbers, again, wonderful.

I still need to get in the habit of it. I put a whole new exhaust in last week and forgot to put it down. Luckily it's easy to add stuff to it.

I don't keep a log but I check it once in a while

I average about 14.8mpg so I don't even check anymore

My autism is unrivaled

Okay, so I got mad jelly at 's formatting and I tried to make my shit a bit prettier to look at.

It's a nice use of a bar chart, an easy to read presentation and coherent summary is always appreciated, nice formatting is only required if you have the time for it.
I'll have to do one for a running cost summary on a monthly timeline, might try to do it with a pivot table and include parts, taxes, testing and insurance.

I suppose my main focus was on fuel economy, so I just went this chart.
It really shows how guessing and averaging the fuel economy by calculations can be so inconsistent in comparison to the trip computer.

For science.

There's a calendar about people like OP, at least in britain. 'The callendar of dull people'.
Like a man who keeps a diary about mowing his lawn, and has done so for FORTY YEARS. Said diary actually contains some halfway interesting data on climate shifts.

This. It also tells me miles driven, average speed, miles remaining in tank at average MPG, and average MPG.

The average speed is for roadworks areas. Saves much headache.

Whoa. Do you stick the output into graphs?

Because I want to see a graph of your car's miles per tank over time.

I did when I drove a shitty Taurus with a broken fuel gauge to know when I needed gas

I started doing it last week but forgot to write down the mileage.

I don't really log it, but i reset my tracked mpg and tripometer every time I fill up and compare it to last time. Also to make sure everything is working properly