pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nO4J5BlwJ58
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DLC 2 W H E N

S L U T

Whenever it's ready you cunt

Topic from old thread:

Because while they balance for PvE, they also want to sell games without causing problems/uproar/completely broken PvP.

It goes like this:

They create "choose your own difficulty" by putting powerful weapons in certain places in the game, and then rewarding players for using those weapons in certain areas of the game, and then make dropped weapons rare 'rewards' to your gameplay to balance out someone who is having trouble and has to fight enemies multiple times. They don't expect you to farm or collect until end game.

Then, bandai releases the game and prowls social media for complains about the PvP while From playtests AFTER release. If people are complaining about something a lot, they tell From to 'fix' it, a la poise in DS2 and DS3. If Bandai didn't care about social media so much, they wouldn't release patches at all except for bugs or glitches. You'll notice those are the patches that get released within days instead of months. Things like power creep from the DLC are deliberate, since those areas are harder/later/cost money to reach, so they reward the single player effort.

This is how you end up with so many weapons that trivialize other weapons in their class.

This is how they've done things for ages, all the way back to the Armored Core days (especially starting with Armored Core 4, which had 4-5 weapons that made the entire game a cakewalk, and TWO HUNDRED weapons that were objectively worse than them. But you would get the 'easy' weapons quickly if you picked the 'easy' starting equipment. Otherwise you had to wait until later in the game.

But i'm ready for it NOWWW

This is the type of stuff that keeps them calling their games "role playing games" even though they're closer to customizable platform/fighters. The DS2 team at least understood this a bit better, since they were the only ones who have ever made a decently balanced multiplayer game at that company (Armored Core Verdict Day) where they made 30% of the weapons extremely well balanced for PvP (all unlocked near end game), and the other 70% extremely well balanced for PvE (unlocked across the game) with at least a few PvP viable weapons in every class or playstyle. Dark Souls likes to keep the two mixed though, so there's no weapons that are obviously intended for PvP and work better for that than PvE.

Armored Core was better for this because it didn't have random drops and >90% of the equipment could be bought at a shop. It was much more tuning-heavy. In Dark Souls, swapping a single weapon completely changes your gameplay, but in AC it's a continuum and all changes you make to your character are shit unless you optimize everything else with each change. Dark Souls doesn't have that, some weapons are just shit and they don't become good because you modified your stats around them.

Pretty relevant to what you posted:

March.

But if the power of your soul can create new materials then why the fuck can't they teleport things? It's not like teleportation doesn't exist in Dark Souls: the player character and bosses teleport themselves all the time. It's not a huge leap to assume other things could be teleported too.

If the clerics are the origin of the spreading darkness then how the fuck would the cover help? The cover could keep the Darkness in once infected by stopping the Pus of Man from popping out, but that wouldn't prevent the cleric from *becoming* a seedbed.

The Abyss Watcher items does not say that the Abyss occurs randomly. It says they will raise a kingdom at a sign of infection. It says nothing about the origin of that infection.

>the Abyss can originate from humans who experiment on themselves without any "external" provocation.
The external provocation would be the experimentation. If I chop off my hand, I will not "randomly" be down one hand. I will be down one hand because I fucking chopped it off.

I never said Manus was fucked with the Abyss from the beginning. I said that, if he is the Furtive Pygmy, then it's no wonder that fucking with him caused the Abyss, because his soul was the embodiment of Dark. And I believe that Manus *is* the Furtive Pygmy, because he's the only member of the four original Lords who doesn't appear in the base game, and as the Furtive Pygmy is the ancestor mankind then describing Manus as 'primordial man' brings him to mind. Why bother having it be 'Primordial Man' if it was just a completely regular human? They could have grabbed some random dumb ass and experimented on him instead of digging up a thousand year old grave.

>The Cathedral was ALWAYS founded to worship the Deep
where is the evidence
I was actually wrong about them coming to worship the Deep. Nothing in the game says they worship the Deep, but rather that they were meant to seal away the monsters in the Deep but came to use their power.

(cont)

Deacon and Cathedral Knight set confirm that this was their original purpose, Deacon set confirms they succumbed to their power. And given that
>The Cathedral of the Deep was founded to stop monsters from getting out
>Cathedral is a physical location
>Deep is more consistently refered to as a physical location than something within humans
Then it implies that the Cathedral was set up, next to the Deep, to keep that shit in check. Why would they bother setting up a giant Cathedral with an order of knights trained to kill giant monsters and a miracle intended to protect clerics working in those conditions if 'the deep is just metaphorical my dude it was inside you all along'
There is NOTHING that says they have assembled a huge pool of human dregs. There is only stuff saying the Deep is a place, it's dark, it's watery, the Cathedral oversees it, and oh fuck, guess what, there's a dark watery pit next to the Cathedral of the Deep.

Deep gem is my fuck up, I thought the description said kin, not ken.

>"Dark," used as a title, means SPECIFICALLY "the Abyss,"
Or, fuck, get this revolutionary idea:
>Dark means Dark
>Abyss means Abyss
>Deep means Deep

If the Deep is regular Dark, why is shit like the insects refered to as being 'from the Deep?' Because according to you, they're the nasty Abyss shit, so why not 'from the Abyss' or, according to your theory about naming, 'from the Dark?'

Is PvP still alive in DaS1?

yes but you'll need Wulf's program to connect to people

>Wulf's program
So PC is only active and console is dead af

They keep CALLING them RPGs though. From Software considers Souls to be third-person adventure RPGs, like Final Fantasy.

The cathedral wasn't set up "next to" the Deep.

It's like saying "I built a church next to hell".

The Deep is a state of being/an elemental energy form/a consciousness/any or all of the above, and historically has fucked most everything over whenever it starts appearing in the world. The Cathedral was established to protect the world from these strange afflictions wherever they may have appeared.

I think the fact that the cathedral was placed ontop a steaming pile of dark/deep/abyss was coincidental, or the abyss actually came there as a result of the Deacons' dark fuckery once they became corrupted.

has anyone else experienced unexplainable screen tearing in Dark Souls?
I have v-sync on in literally every place it can be on (gpu settings, dsfix), and yet it's still happening
This used to not be a problem, but now it is, out of the blue for no apparent reason at all
god damn I hate computers some times

>guess what, there's a dark watery pit next to the Cathedral of the Deep.
There is? Where?

You mean the sludge where the giants rest?

I restarted my computer and it's gone haha
have a nice day everybody

>someone advertises pigguman's bb stream
>get in
>he says he's not gonna stream Bloodborne anymore
>cucked out of a proper Old Hunters playthrough again

I swear you do this on purpose just to make me angry.

There's 2-3 maggot beasts crawling around in i t

who bully here?

He's probably talking about the big pit of water where the Evangelist guarding the Deep Gem is looking at it from a balcony.

>It's like saying "I built a church next to hell".
Except it's not because this is a fantasy world where dark, malevolent forces actually exist and can manifest as giant fuck off zones as evil? What's next, you're going to tell me Eleum Loyce wasn't actually built above the Old Chaos, it's just metaphorical?

>The Deep is a state of being/an elemental energy form/a consciousness/any or all of the above
It is a type of Dark/an element, yes, but it is also a p l a c e
It is explicitly said to be a place

>and historically has fucked most everything over whenever it starts appearing in the world
But, assuming you're the guy I've been arguing with, you've been saying that the Deep is completely ordinary, calm, unproblematic Dark, and therefore not a cause a problems. Plus, there is nothing in the lore that ever talks about an 'outbreak of Deep' or somthing, so how the fuck can you say it's always caused problems when and where it appears?

>The Cathedral was established to protect the world from these strange afflictions wherever they may have appeared.
No, it was established to stop nasty monsters from crawling out of the Deep. The only times its agents have gone elsewhere is the presence of evangelists in the Undead Settlement, and they're just fucking with the locals, and when a bunch of the clergy followed Aldrich to Irithyll. There's Cathedral Knights in the Consumed King's Garden but they might be native, because Cathedral Knights are presumably trained in (or their order was founded in) Lothric, seeing as they bear an old Lothric emblem.

>the cathedral was placed ontop a steaming pile of dark/deep/abyss was coincidental
Oh, you're not gong to tell me Eleum Loyce/Old Chaos was metaphorical, you're going to tell me it was coincidental. Right.

Not the giant shit. Go to the balcony where you find an Evangelist with a Deep Gem, or the shortcut between the Cleansing Chapel and where you first enter the Cathedral. There's a huge black pool.

That's basically because the audience has come to expect that term. It's an extra feature to put on the box.

Souls is imo a character progression game like M&B or MGS5 rather than a fully fledged RPG. You develop you character and gear, but the actual 'role-playing' is paper thin.

youtube.com/watch?v=nO4J5BlwJ58

>tfw farming POCKs and you get one

>It is a type of Dark/an element, yes, but it is also a p l a c e

I'm curious. Is it an alternate dark dimension/plane, like Negative Energy Plane in DnD? Or is it an actual real world place that has been so corrupted by darkness that the properties of that physical location has become all deep-like?

I agree. Souls progression is the same Armored Core formula that was innovative back in 1997. Most open world games (notably Bethesda and the like) have now made that style of progression very standard. MGS5 feels similar because it's taking those mechanics third-hand.

Sort of like how most hack and slash games are inspired from Devil May Cry in one way or another, or most horror games take from Silent Hill.

Armored core occupied this niche 'insane customization' play progression that, while it's not its own genre, has sort of permeated a lot of non-RPG games, but Miyazaki still wants to make RPGs like Legend of Zelda.

What do you expect from a man who keeps saying Demon's Souls is his favorite but hasn't finished a playthrough on cam to this day? And it's been 7 fucking years since the release. Fucking DSP finished Demon's Souls on cam.

Not even bitter or mad, just wondering how does he think he's gonna retain his core audience if he's quitting every single playthrough like this? I don't want him to shit all over the good thing he has going on in twitch due to inability to carry through playthroughs.

At least he isn't streaming full on meme games like Let It Die like the other big souls youtubers.

The last video game that was truly an RPG was Fallout 2.

Am I wrong?

It's an actual physical place in the world. According to Deep Protection, it was once a peaceful place but all sorts of nasty shit like insects and those giant spiders started living there.

The only alternate dimensions we know about in the Dark Souls world are the Painted World and *maybe* the Kin of the First Flame. The multiplayer aspect talks about going to other worlds but that's never had any impact on the story or lore and is really just a way of justifying multiplayer.

Yes, very. There's plenty of CRPGs around. Divinity OS 2 is just around the corner.

How is throwing lightning in 3? I'm wary of it after what they did to it in 2.

lol

other user here. those "insects" were referenced in ds1 as well but i don't think they are insects at all. it is known that the dark has corrosive properties and similarly to how you'd feel tingling and biting if you dipped your hand in acid, it seems to be insects burrowing under the skin. i see dark as something of a neutralizer. you could even say then that the deep is the reactor and abyss is the residue

There are many actual RPGs out even now, but personally what I consider a mark of a 'true' RPG aside from the pure game mechanics is having meaningful choices in character interaction or in the story for your character.

I think you mean how it looks, in which case it looks alright.

The damage is negligible unless you pretty much make a glass cannon Faith wizard tho.

While the gnawing properties of Dark are refered to back in Dark Souls 1 (and I believe that's what Irina is suffering from), I think the insects from Gnaw and Dorhys' Gnawing are actual, literal insects (even if they're made of compressed Dark or some balls), because the game is pretty explicit about them having little jaws and actually digging their way into flesh.

Damn lightning's still shit?

What if the Deep is the source of the rot that's affecting the Painted World too?

>get summoned to a world as a blue
>host makes me duel the invader like a fucking faggot
>hit invader with 2 quakestone hammer hits
>380 damage
>invader has around 1700 HP judging by the damage it did

>black crystal out

you may fight hackers alone my friend

In 3 It's worse than its ever been. Faith is a fucking mess of a stat now. You'll have handicaps no matter HOW you try to build it.

As a paladin, I contemplated suicide.

There's really not much linking the two, beyond Gael's presence in the Cathedral of the Deep, but I think he's just there to pray to Rosaria for help. The rot affecting the Painting World is literally the painting itself rotting away, I think, which has an adverse affect on the world inside it.

You had your fun in DaS 2.

It's over now.

It's significantly worse than shit, user. They drove every flavor of faith in to the ground. Don't even try to make it work because it absolutely is not viable in any way, shape, or form.

>fun
>DaS 2
pick one

NO
WAIT
HOLD
THE
FUCKING
HORSES

Heal is pretty useful in the first hour.

Heal is pretty useful in arena

Just go watch a different e-celeb play it, they're all equally shit.

It was if you are a magicfag.

>pick one

*pick both

i roleplay as a blueberry that hunts down sinners to atone for my own. i think the RPG element is really up to the player

I like Scribe's playthroughs of the Souls games and Bloodborne. He seems upbeat, not too obnoxious and he gives you neat little tidbits of info.

Support miracles and heals are fine, it's just offensive miracles that are trash. Only poised-up Lightning Stake/Storm is okay.

So I'm testing out parry shields for the first time instead of a caestus, and... is this the fabled "setup parry" I've heard so much about? I could never get this sorta thing to work with medium or small shields, but it actually seems like you can reasonably block 1 heavy weapon attack or 2 medium weapon attacks and then parry then 2nd or 3rd attack after the block if they're spamming on you. Target shield still has pretty reasonable stats for blocking, and gets the parry shield animation.

Still needs more testing but iirc hammers do extra stamina damage to do shields right? With strike damage? I figure if I can tank a 2H'd mace for only half my stamina, it should be pretty reasonable to setup parry with a target shield.

So why don't we have divine aux? what's the fucking point of blessed aside from the near useles regen?

Blessed and Lightning weapons are both also trash, user, and most of the things that did kind of work were nullified by the Simple infusion nerf.

>be a support/heal miracle guy
>often play coop
>my miracles makes even the shittiest of scrubs defeat their invaders/bosses because of my incessant healing/buffing

This is the perfect way to play a FTH character.
feelsgoodman.jpg

My steam updated Dark souls prepare to die but didnt download anything.

Anyone know why?

Blessed weapons stop skeletons from regenerating.

Possibly some anti-cheat, but nobody really knows.

Yeah and that's all, and they just regenerate one time anyway

Sunlight spear seems pretty good but I imagine that's with heavy stat investment and rings, and most of my characters wear metal armour so I imagine my lightning defence is pretty shitty.

I use Dorhys' Gnawing as my main ranged offence on one character. The raw damage it inflicts is pretty shit (nearly 100 when I was wearing ring of the sun's firstborn, but now that I've dropped that and a point of faith it does way less), but it does a fixed amount of bleed build up so if you hit someone with it enough times it'll do a tidy ~300 damage, and it's great for tagging people who think they can keep a distance from me forever.

Fuck, I've been meaning to make a low level healslut (male) for ages. I really need to get around to it before 3's online dies.

Kind of painful that I've got 2 more faith builds I want to make in addition to my current one when faith isn't great, and that's on top of a bunch of other character ideas and I've only got like 3 character slots left.

Hey man, at least it's something. IIRC that's about all that holy weapons did in DS1. However, blessed weapons in DS3 are indeed a pale comparison to what they were in DeS, although at least they now do physical damage instead of magic.

I feel you man, paladinbro here.

I found switching out miracles for pyromancies on my faith/melee hybrid build worked wonders though.

The only thing I've really gotten working with FTH is that healslut character I talked about. Every single time I've tried making a FTH build based on damage output, I always feel like a VASTLY underleveled sorcerer.

undisputed bullying king of The Depths

good one dasturd

>they didn't even give us paladin armor of any squid helmets despite all the throwbacks
What did you expect user

Or any*

>No Paladin set
>No Grant
>No Velstadt set
>No Sacred Chime Hammer
>No fun for paladins in any way

>dmb+3 buff on the Grant
>1300AR
>one shot Gwyn

>FTH build based on damage output

If you want that then you need to use a talisman and trade, for some dumbass reason miracles are proximity based and you get the most damage when you actually touch people with the catalyst. Also try using a morning star, even if you don't PROC bleed the bar on people's screens tends to make them panic roll and hammers are perfect for punishing that.

Faith would be way better if you could buff blessed weapons but I guess that From decided that only physical infusions should be worth a damn. I mean FFS, if hollowfags can throw rouge on Anri's SS or a hollow CCS I don't see why I shouldn't be able to throw blessed weapon on a blessed mace.

a-anyone...?

p-plz respond!

>still no bramd/dark silver throwback

I'm still mad. It's such a shame they can't do anything with the Demon's Souls IP.

Cathedral helmet made me excited, because i fucking love a bucket helmed paladin.

It was all terrible though. I was so wrong.

Does she even have a vagina? Like, how would you have sex with her, it, whatever.

no one gives a fuck about you, twinking faggot

She has a regular body, you just can't see it because of the grub on her lap.

By sitting on her lap and sucking her booby

Please don't respond to him, you need to starve him out of (you)s. That's what we're all doing

>sucking on those crusty old skin-pancakes

Absolutely haram.

revealing the master plan so casually

Is the Thrall axe or basic dagger usable infused (as in, could be used through the whole game)? Considering a Str/Int or Dex/int build.

Yes, thrall axe is better but dagger is usable.
You should physical infuse the axe then buff with your best int buff.
Later on if you want to respec, you can crystal infuse it, but that's not a good plan early game

I asked a legitimate question and you guys are this triggered? Do webms bother you that much? Because you wouldn't be able to know shit if I literally just posted the same thing with no webm like any other user. Your problem is literally "oh fuck there's a WEBM WITH THIS POST FUCK THIS GUY", so I guess webms aren't allowed here anymore?

Wow. No wonder why this thread is dead.

The thrall axe is extremely good, especially for a dex/bleed build, and its pretty good all round as a light, dodge WA weapon too

Thrall Axe is kind of a sleeper weapon. Nobody expects to see it but it's pretty damn good.

I very much agree. Fallout 2, maybe Myst/Riven, were the first real games that focused on role-playing immersion where your choices really made impacts on events.

By the way, if you do plan on using th axe, go sharp with base stats, it gets around the same damage for slightly less investment on most classes and even heavy you get 15 more AR.
Since you'll go int, you can get the dex for faster casting as well

I wonder how much of that was wanting to make Faith a primarily co-op /support only play style.

no one gives a shit stop posting anytime

This. Faith in DS3 is supposed to be a defense-only playstyle, and only the HUGE investments in the stat yield actual faith-specific offense. You're not allowed to do both.

Lightning storm is shit. The moment you start the animation, someone can actally hit a CSS/CBV before you complete it. And if they are melee, they have time to unzip a crossbow.

I think even another fthfag would have time to hit a sunlight spear

>name your character Lancer
>use a sword
this triggers my autism too much

post build from mugen

kek

If its early on their build, i understand, but arena fucks have no excuse.

I miss by pcfcbfs.

>Metas, the knight of the lance
>uses a sword

>Alfred, knight of the tower
>isn't actually a tower

Been through worse. I actually think we could try something on DaS and DaS 2 one of these days just to see how it goes, could be fun.