Is Mazda one of the greatest car manufacturers of all time? This company impresses me more and more over the years

Is Mazda one of the greatest car manufacturers of all time? This company impresses me more and more over the years.

>Only successful producer of Wankel engines
>CREATED THE MX-5 MIATA
>CREATED THE MAZDA3 which is hailed as one of the best econoboxes out there
>RX-7/RX-8

How can such a company have this many home runs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIJDfNO3d5E
fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47268-help-just-noticed-misaligned-panels-on-my-fiesta/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a 2004 Mazda6 diesel. I also love Mazda so far, almost the spirit of an AlfaRomeo with almost the reliability of a Toyota. Main problems: RUST, diesel engines, issues with rotary. Great design, great suspension, comfortable, real japanese engineering.

Mazdas are good but very underrated in the US market. I don't know why anyone would buy a crusty boring Camry when you can have a Mazda 6.

I just got a 2006 manual Mazda 3 there a few days ago and I love it

I honestly couldn't be happier and I would recommend it to anyone, I couldn't sleep last night because of how badly I wanted to get up today and drive it again

i was going to bait a bit but i just can't

you gotta respect a car company that puts good handling as their number one priority

One of, but not the best
Toyota and Honda are superior

Not anymore man.
In the early 2000s I would love to agree, but few things have been more disappointing than Yawnda and...I don't have a mock name for Toyota but fuck them both, they're resting on their laurels and aren't trying anymore. Just lost their way.

>tfw so few efini rx7s made it to central europe
>the ones that did and are on offer are now in Czech Republic, hungary, etc. and heavily modified

COME ON MAZDA, WE'VE SUFFERED ENOUGH!
PICK UP THE PRODUCTION AGAIN.

I am so close to finding the email-adress of every mazda dealer in germany, luxembourg, france and belgium and asking them for any fds they may have on offer.

I bought my daughter a mazda 6, because of this heap I will never buy another Japanese car again. at 85k miles it's literally falling apart.

>women
>driving
well user I found the problem

Mazda is just an alternative version of Honda right now.

Mazda stopped being Mazda the second they stopped making this guy.

Dont forget the bravo

Or the true 4x4 with low range mini van

I drive a 3 as well and the steering is really great in that car. It would easily be GOAT tier if they had a RWD or AWD trim

Or the 323 gtx

Or the cosmo

Or the 929

>spirit of an Alfa Romeo
YOU JUST DIDN'T FUCKING SAY THAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>a crusty boring Camry when you can have a Mazda6

As if they aren't the same thing. Oh wait a minute...

Even in their crossovers. The CX-3 and CX-5 are the most fun you can have in the least fun kind of vehicle there is, outside of dropping fuck knows how much on a Cayenne Turbo.

Based Cosmo, King of class.
To me, the ultimate in subtle wealth cars.

Yes

Aren't they the only guys that offer SUVs in manual? I don't know anything about SUVs and would never own one so Idk

The only thing good about the Rx-8 was the chassis. They goofed up in a big way with the renesis.

Not really. More reliable than other rotaries, the issue is with the OMP...And the spark plugs? They should've ironed out the kinks before they released, but the Ren is one of the best rotaries.

...As long as don't want to actually get anything out of it. You better be happy with stock performance, cause...Yeah.

I know that fucking feel dude.

Handling is the most fun aspect of a car

Technically you can get the BMW X3 and X5 in manual but I doubt they actually sell any like that. Mostly rich Chinks buy BMW now. So effectively Mazda is the only one

I agree

>posting the rx8 like it wasn't the embarrassment that killed wankels

I've owned 20+ cars in my life. 6 of them were mazda's.

>3 Miata's
>2 Mazdaspeed3'sets
>Mazda5

Fantastic vehicles. I'll be looking at ND miatas in a few months when it warms up.

>This many FD manchildren
God, your kind are insufferable.

I've owned a rx8. Worst mistake of my life

>more reliable
Except when it breaks, which is fairly often. The reliability maymay lived on with the Renesis (which already underperformed). They had a great opportunity and they screwed it up.

>which already underperformed
Shoulda had more rotors, or at least a turbo.

I love my 3. yes it has the rust but it's great for a shitbox. Due for new shocks soon I reckon.

>underperformed
>most HP from an NA rotary
What

Port design is bad for turbo. Extra rotors might have been okay if they got the fuel consumption to be reasonable.

Getting rid of the suicide door, cutting some fat, and waiting until the 1.5 was ready for prime time would have resulted in a solid car.

mazda is a plucky underdog that makes some good cars (i found even the new mazda2 pretty nice to drive), but i don't think that necessarily makes them one of the greatest of all time. the MX-5 is obviously a huge and enduring success, and the RX-7 will be remembered as legendary, and their le mans win will be remembered too, but all the other stuff they made isn't notable even though it's good (RX-8 excepted). no-one will be talking about the mazda3 or 6 or CX-5 in 20 years time and the boring stuff now makes up most of their lineup.

>Getting rid of the suicide door,
that's one of my favorite parts of the design

And that might have been okay if it wasn't 400lbs heavier than the n/a S5 or 200+lbs heavier than the FD.

Also, the lolsuit about the power being overrated.

>he wants a 2000s car to weigh as much as 90s car
Aint gonna happen faggot.
It still performed very well for what it was.

Yeah the mazda 3 and 6 will just be remembered as "fun" economy cars. Nothing special about them.

Suicide doors are fantastic, backseat space is surprisingly good, coupe style is amazing. Handling is some of the best in the world, rigidity is amazing. Fantastic chassis, body, frame, construction.
The only thing I can agree with you on is that they released it prematurely, meming the car to death. It was going to die though, so NOT forget that, EPA was already dooming it. Hence, they shouldn't have released the Rotary without an engineering breakthrough that fixed up the longstanding fuel efficiency issues.

Anyway, screw it. This isn't an RX8 thread, this is a mazda thread. There's like two other RX8 threads/conversations going on Veeky Forums right now, check those out, don't make this one.

That's half the point of skyactive, bruv. If they lost that stupid door that no one used it would have saved weight.

The ND miat weighs less than the NC, your argument is invalid.

go smoke some drugs idiot

Im just saying its not as bad as you make it out to be.

>speed6 and speed3
They were special

But they don't make speedos anymore

Oh you were speaking in past tense my bad

Still though. I even see speed proteges around.

I said the chassis was good. It was too heavy because styling cues and the renesis a shit.

Not sure if you're trying to say the RX8 was better than the FD, or if you hate rotaries in general, but you're wrong either way
The NA S5 weighs more than the "S6" FD, about 2800 and 2700 respectively

Loving my 2012 Mazda 3. It's going to be mine forever, ill retire it one day then turn it into a track car.

If it was up to them every Mazda would have a low displacement v6/8 or a Doritos engine and rwd.

I guess it's the right thread to ask : what does /o thinks about the MX3 ?

I've only seen one IRL, just wondering if "the world's smallest 6 cylinder" is any good, and worth buying ?

Is it really a Mazda or mostly a Ford ?
How is the handling ?

It's really a Mazda, I believe it was actually sold as an Autozam in Japan. It's got pretty good handling, but any engine other than the V6 is shit.

Suzuki

they really need a hotter version of the current MX-5 for me to praise them, and not fuck up like they did with the NB mazdaspeed.

Thanks dude.

Are they common in north America ?

Here in western Europe I can see MX-5's on a daily basis but almost none of their more "exotic" cars like the MX-3, the RX-7 etc.

What`s wrong with Mazdas diesels?

>Except when it breaks, which is fairly often
nope. unless you count oem ignition coils which still isnt that often and easily solved by upgrading them. ditch the cat, premix, upgrade ignition coils... literally no maintenance other than spark plugs, oil and fluids

>too heavy because renesis a shit
renesis is 110kg with all accessories and no fluids...

>renesis is 110kg with all accessories and no fluids...
For what it's worth he is talking about the car weight. Not the engine weight silly.

>tfw like Mazda, but hate Miatafags

>He doesnt service the engine
You deserve it

Fackim noice, KL zed?

oh, i read it as the car is fat because of the engine

One Day capachino back in action

thats a (You) problem

Nothing. They were praised highly and ran forever

My 08 speed 3 has been by far my favorite car town to own, it has enough power to be really fun and it's more reliable than even some of the hondas I have owned
>10/10 would buy again

>tfw no autozam

Out of all the Jap car companies, I consider mazda to be the best right now.

Toyota doesnt try anymore
Honda plays it safe
Subaru is meh

Mazda cars have

Awesome chassis

Great handling

Good engines, With good mpg that dont rely on turbo because of their high compression

Also the ND miata is fucken awesome. Even if your not a miata fag I highly recommend test driving one. Their lightweightness, handling and torque will win you over.

i test drove an mx-5 club

it felt floaty and the engine sounded like absolute dog shit like all other miata

I REALLY wanted to like it, I have no idea why they won't make a more hardcore version of it it would probably sell like mad.

Pretty common, I think it was called the MX-3 Predicia in Canada. The V6 is the rarest though, and the best.

They are expensive to service. Injectors can not be renewed, costs €500 each. There are very few shops who actually can repair these engines. The dpf of the rf7 engine is a huge suck too. But at least you can buy injectors for only 300 for the rf7 if you exchange all 4 of them. These engines are also not tuning friendly. A VAG 1.9 tdi can be tuned to up to 300hp, mazda diesels with the shitty denso fuel system is uncapable of anything over about 160hp. Fuel economy is ok, 6.3l/100km for me in the past 60000km, but a 1.9 tdi passat consumes a bit less.

I have one of these, the gearbox might as well be paiper machie but its still a rocket

no-one will be talking about the mazda3
I guarantee that 3rd gen manual mazda3s will be by far the most desirable econobox in 20 years time, like EG hatches are currently. That's why I bought one.

1st gen manual 2.3 hatch will be hot.
Thats why i bought one.

Mazda... On the forefront of weight saving technology.

youtube.com/watch?v=dIJDfNO3d5E
Is Bender a Mazda?

>RX-9 cancelled
>zero Mazdaspeeds on the horizon
>2.5T from CX-9 will fit under the hood of the 3 and 6 but they refuse to add it as an option, even though the Mazda6 is severely underpowered for the price point
>stupid enough to try to sell normie appliances on the promise of good driving dynamics and wonder why they don't make money
>no enthusiast cars outside the Miata which is making a lot less from it's engine than it should be
>not a single option with more than 200HP with exception to a full size SUV

Mazda is fucking garbage. Joke about Ford's being "rebadged Mazda's" all you want, but at least they use the technology for something worthwhile.

Aww the ford fag is butthurt

>RX-9 cancelled

You're right, I AM mad. Mazda could EASILY be the greatest manufacturer, but they choose to be garbage.

>hot hatch market is booming
>have turbocharged engine that fits under the hood of a Mazda 3 and 6
>do nothing about it

They're so close to being good, but they just... aren't.

Why do Mazda's look so fucking good from the side?

They look good from any angle

>ferd quality

fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/47268-help-just-noticed-misaligned-panels-on-my-fiesta/

Hope they use that "technology" you are talking about to fix their misaligned panels and uneven panel gaps issues.

Ford build quality is a fucking joke

>can't even put one of their engines in the mazda 3 or 6
>thinks theyre going to release a new rotary sportscar

Why are mazdafags so delusional?

They're taking as few risks as possible before raping the market with cool cars

Had a chance to get a Hatchback 14 Mazda3 w/ good mileage, cleanest and detailed CarFax I've seen, and in GT trim for 20K, but didnt.

Im sure I'll look back one day and muse at why.

Do you actually believe what you just said?

Only half-assedly. I just thought it sounded funny and childish, like you

>most hp from an NA rotary

...until you bridgeport a non-renesis engine

Mazda's pretty based desu.

>isn't afraid to make cars that are fun to drive
>isn't afraid to rotary
>their current styling isn't utterly horrendous, only mildly ugly

what the fuck, was the mazdaspeed ever sold in the EU? i can't find any in my country's used cars website

Their name was MPS in yurop

found a 2007 one at 184000 km, $7000
way above my paycheck

They sell for as much as most hot hatches from that time. Also don't buy into the memes they were just the only hot hatches sold in the US thats why theyre so prevalent here.

I have a mazdaspeed6 and I love it , but what is your guy's opinion on that car?

>tainted by ford
>lukewarm levels of performance
>on their way to having nothing but crossovers and compacts in their lineup
>don't even see the value in having their own halo car that would sell just because its unique and has heritage

you think people who buy corvettes or 911s are just people who wander onto the lot and just buy them?
People dream about those cars and when they can manage it they scramble as fast as they can to buy them
Mazda is foolish to lack even a good mazdaspeed 3 to draw in the "i'm 27 and have a good job" car hobbyists, let alone the "i'm 35 with a better job and willing to hold a $1500 a month car payment for my dream car" crowd

Halo cars are important to brand loyalty. Their owners practically sell them for the manufacturers.

Mazda is going to get eaten alive in the next 10 years if they don't establish some sort of brand identity.

Nissan would be in the same boat if they didn't have the 370 and GTR, aged as they may well be, to at least keep the facade that they are a sporty econocar manufacturer

Sadly this.

I mean look at Mitsubishi nowadays. Mazda could look like that in a few years if nothing is done.