Easy to find, cheap and easy to modify cars in the UK/Europe?

Easy to find, cheap and easy to modify cars in the UK/Europe?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-MINI-HATCH-COOPER-1-6-COOPER-S-3D-161-BHP-/182319555195?hash=item2a7317a27b:g:C~IAAOSwXeJYCqU1
lohen.co.uk/shop/gen-1-mini/engine-ecu/engine-bay-parts/alta-supercharger-pulley-version-2-0-detail?gclid=Cj0KEQiAhNnCBRCqkP6bvOjz_IwBEiQAMn_TMdgGpjG0ee16PWs399TJXD6M_qev_4aD_TP0E8ohin4aAqGo8P8HAQ
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611240057358?onesearchad=Used&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&postcode=wv111rh&sort=price-asc&radius=15&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>UK/Europe

You really need to be more specific.

I got a Citroen Xsara VTR for £360, mint condition.
If I wanted I could get another 40hp out of it for about £100 and a weekend.

Punto GT

>UK

MR2s
All sorts of BMWs
Type Rs
MX5s

RX8s too, extremely cheap here, even the decent ones.

This.
Also fieros surprisingly.

They aren't cheap doe... : /

rusty opel corsas or starlets

Well, what is your budget?

>level not poor
Pug 206 or glorious 105

>level I'm ok not having lunch today to pay my car
Any ford focus.

>madman poorfag level
CORSA
O
R
S
A

fuck diesel btw
You can fit a C20LET (turbo) or C20XE (N/A) or even go for a V6 (be ready to die)
>oh no austrian engines
Welp, you can stay with the cavalier SRi engines...

Yes they are.
Get a fucking job.

Mini R53?
Reduced supercharger pulley alone will have you at almost JCW power...

under £2,000

>Cheap
>UK
Ebay, autotrader. The latter is a goldmine of shitty cheap cars. Saw a M-badged BMW on there once, £200, 'loss of power due to expensive issue, don't say we didn't warn you' or words to that effect.
> Easy to modify
You can chav out anything you want. Otherwise, performance gains on a super-cheap car can be done by fixing it.

I have a job but want something cheap that I can rice out and learn how2cars.

MR2s, older BMWs and RX8s can all be had in decent condition under 2 grand.

example:
>This
ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-03-MINI-HATCH-COOPER-1-6-COOPER-S-3D-161-BHP-/182319555195?hash=item2a7317a27b:g:C~IAAOSwXeJYCqU1

>plus this
lohen.co.uk/shop/gen-1-mini/engine-ecu/engine-bay-parts/alta-supercharger-pulley-version-2-0-detail?gclid=Cj0KEQiAhNnCBRCqkP6bvOjz_IwBEiQAMn_TMdgGpjG0ee16PWs399TJXD6M_qev_4aD_TP0E8ohin4aAqGo8P8HAQ

nearly 200hp

I'm not trying to look like a fuckin fag

I said the exact same thing before buying an R53 JCW
Having 210hp, an LSD and a centre-exit exhaust does nothing to help.
I still get accused of smoking poles daily.

Mk4 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec. Should be able to get one for less than 750, the things handle like go-karts.

they are all around the same price range.
Also skylines.

Depends what you want to do. There isn't much you can do to any car to squeeze more power out of a naturally-aspirated engine without throwing money at it. A (good) CAI, cat delete, an expensive exhaust system followed by a remap will run you up at least £1000 for very modest gains. Similarly, improving the suspension and brakes is also going to be expensive.

MG ZRs are generally easy to find and easy to work on. You can pick up even a decent low-mileage VVC for under £1500. If you don't find a VVC or a 120 1.8, the 105 1.4 is still a good option for working on. The 1.4 and 1.8 K-series engines are completely identical, so almost all of the parts (with some obvious exceptions (ie: cylinder head) are completely interchangeable, so if you can't pick up either the 120 or 160 VVC, you can swap a few bits (1.8 throttle body, VVC exhaust), or you can lift a K-series engine from another car and slot it into a 1.4 chassis because the block dimensions are the same.

Volkswagen/Audi/Seat with a 1.8T Engine

Buy an old Mercedes and stop being gay

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201611240057358?onesearchad=Used&make=MERCEDES-BENZ&postcode=wv111rh&sort=price-asc&radius=15&advertising-location=at_cars&page=2

Nothing is cheaper to make fast than a Mustang.

Do you drive an old Merc, user?

Looking for an old C-Class at the moment

Merc's are some of the very sexiest cars that have ever been made.

>C-Class

Superior German quality.

I don't know why I never considered it before but I might actually pick up a cooper s some day.

Rust just makes it lighter.

>american benz

C-Class are the gayest cars Mercedes make

>Buy an old Mercedes and get accosted by drunken idiots thinking you're a minicab
FTFY.

what about Volvo turbos ?, they can make good power with some mods.

Sorry no, my city has nice modern taxis, that won`t be a problem

oops

I'm thinking about buying a really shitty Celica with fucked up engine and restoring the shit out of it. Found one for like 250 Euros and it's not even that much rusted.

ZR 160