Have you ever used nitrous/NOS irl? If so how did it affect the performance of your vehicle?

Have you ever used nitrous/NOS irl? If so how did it affect the performance of your vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/discussion-about-gm-1-system.39099/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it should directly jump the performance of your engine

NOS has more oxygen in it so theres more to react thus it produces more combustion

it blew out my passenger floorboard

Shit really? What happened?

Without it power falls off at about 6700rpm in 6th gear, with it you can pull hard all the way through 13th gear

Amateurs don't use nitrous oxide.

Kek

i totally had this guy in when i was racing my eclipse when there was suddenly a problem with the manifold

Could the military use NOS in fighter jets as an alternative to just dumping fuel into the engine when using the afterburner?

Damn. How much damage to your ride?

that's not how nitrous works

This is an incredibly underrated post.
I guess it goes over the head of this dimwitted board.

Develop your hypothesis

You got that "danger to manifold" error code, right?
That's what happens when you use too much NoS.
The heat will kill the manifold and the passenger floorboard will fall because of the speed.

I also had an eclipse, mine was green.

ah man, the rings were toast but i was able to drive it away
the real issue was the fucking gooks that shot it up later that night

yeah shit sucked

This seems like a common occurrence in eclipses. Is this advertised that using NOS can do this? What if you have someone riding with you?

> real issue was the fucking gooks that shot it up later that night

Story?

fast and the furious jokes are Delorean/BTTF tier.

Overdone and unfunny.

>oxidiser and fuel is the same thing

Last time I checked jet engines still need oxygen so an oxidizer should increase performance

great instant hit either wet or dry

Dry is easy
Wet has a higher reward but has inherent issues that a high dollar setup can fix.

Even when I was 14 when I first watched that I thought it was infuriatingly stupid. Nitrous won't raise your top speed when you're bouncing off the redline.

Thought about getting it but it can be pretty dangerous to your engine.

amateurs dont use nitrous oxide

Why?

Can they make engines that are designed for nitrous to eliminate the damage to the engine?

They used to use superchargers and nitrous all the fucking time, but it's not 1941 anymore and jet engines compress their own air.

I installed a cheap wet system in a early 2000's shitbox. We tuned it using their awful directions and ended up dropping at least 2 orifice sizes on the fuel because it was pig rich. The most fun part of it was when my idiot friend threw open the solenoid before the hose was hooked up and trapped me in the back of a hatchback with a fuck load of gas. It smelled bad but it was still really funny.

I'm a turbo guy now, nitrous is a pain in the dick.

>he doesn't know that modern us jets don't need oxygen anymore

You never had him. You never had your car.

>wake up
>lie in bed staring at the ceiling holding my Mako Sato dakimakura
>sigh
>get up, put on my scorpion jacket and grab my bus pass
>another day on Veeky Forums

>dont need oxygen
what do they use as a catalyst then

Ford modular 4.6.

These things can handle nitrous like no other stock engine I've seen. Probably because theyre so overbuilt and underpowered but the tranny will shit the bed before your motor.

Zero point reactionless fuel additives. Only manufactured in zero g environs which is why NASA has been phased out in favor of pure military space ops.

Tough words

My buddy ran a 100 shot in his 95 Eldorado back in highschool. Shit was lightning fast but he had to pull the negative terminal and reset the pcm after every run because he had no tune and it would trigger every code known to man and try to compensate air fuel ratios as best it could, making it run like utter shit afterwards.

>I'm a turbo guy now
>Crushed the project car he burned up because he can't actually tune
>Bought a velostar turbo

Don't mean to be a dick but theres exactly the same stuff going on with a turbo as NOS and then some.

They used methanol not nitrous, at least in ww2.

>Let My Ass Do the Talking: The Post

>No you!
I have a dry shot kit that I never installed on anything.

I have never used it but we have a guy at work with a crazy modded 350z with a tank in the trunk not sure if its a wet or dry shot. but he has rich parents so he just throws money at that car cause he can.

if i get that mercedes i want, ill add nitrous to it

And water injection.

After I drove away, the cops showed up, and the person who won a drag race against me earlier the night was about to get busted, so I picked him up and for some reason the gooks didn't like the guy, so they shot up my car. Then the NOS leaked, and my car exploded.

Ran a 2 stage 300 shot in and ls1 fbody. Went from a 12.4x to a 10.2x. Ran probably 100 times, 60000 miles later no ragrets.

I have the feeling you pulled 100% of that out of your ass

>you will never dogfight in a supercharged radial 12 cylinder engine with methanol injection.

First, it wasn't my car. Second, I told the guy who's car it was that we were probably going to blow it up because tuning by sound and reading sparkplugs is stupid. Third, I use afr and egt to tune and I turn my own wrench. None of my cars (both turbo, both modified) have been in the garage for anything except tires.

Come at me broham.

too slow for me.

The luftwaffe also used nitrous, some of the allies toyed with it.

ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/discussion-about-gm-1-system.39099/

Practically everything hotrodding came out of WW2

Jesus. Did they ever catch the guys who shot your car?

go ask /k/ if you don't believe me then look how the military budget has increased by the exact amount that funding for NASA has been decreased

The gooks had VTEC so the police couldn't keep up.

>I told the guy who's car it was that we were probably going to blow it up because tuning by sound and reading sparkplugs is stupid

Should read

>Nigger I can't tune for shit

Tuning with detcans and reading deposits gets people deep into the eights. Good enough for 160Mph trap, but not good enough for your Veloster.

Hmmm.

Interesting.
Most of what I know I've learned from playing IL-2 Sturmovik.

>you will never live in a dystopian future and dogfight for the human resistance vs the stasi in your ls1 swapped supercharged twin turbo aftercooled p51 mustang with methanol/water injection and direct port nitrous

Holy shit, was this back in 2001? I was there, they had black civics. I gtfo when I saw shit starting to go down.

we used to tune our 2 strokes by ear. 17:1 compression baby.

kek

>Have you ever used nitrous/NOS irl?
This one time I put whipped cream on a slice of pumpkin pie.
>If so how did it affect the performance of your vehicle?
Huh?

NOS already involves dumping extra fuel along with the nitrous to maintain proper overall fuel/oxidizer mixture. It's not just one or the other.

And NOS could in theory increase afterburning thrust (since afterburners, with no moving parts, run close to stoichiometric and have no real temperature limits), but not dry thrust since the core (with high-speed turbine blades that are vulnerable to creep under high temperatures) already runs very fuel-lean to avoid over-temping. In fact, one tried-and-true method for improving dry thrust is WATER injection, to increase allowable fuel flow while still keeping turbine temps under limit. Creates tons of soot too, check it out.
>TFW you will never roll coal with your intercontinental strategic bomber

>What if you have someone riding with you?
Top kek, I want to know this too

I have used it and these are my thoughts:

Pros
Incredibly easy to install
Easy to get good gains
Huge amounts of fun in a shit box
Cheap components

Cons
Easy to get wrong and fuck your shit up
Insurance is a dick about it
The tap is always off when you want it
Refills can be problematic

It tasted like shit, made my belches burn a little and smell like children's cold medicine, and gave me the terrible buttshits. I'll never touch that shit again.

>no ragrets

Not even a single letter?

Yes.
I have no idea what it did to the performance, but huffing it before driving made me high as a fucking kite.

What would be a good idea to modify in preparation for a spray setup.

Only food grade, and only while lying on my couch.

I call it "going to the dentist"

Daily reminder the F-4X hit Mach 3 and was killed as a threat to F-15 sales.

lol dont you realize its from the movie where the tokyo dift

No.
Nitrous gives oxygen, and there's plenty of that. The afterburner is dumping and igniting fuel to use said oxygen.

What you are proposing is called a 'rocket'.

Jet fighters don't have a lot of weight to spare, due to tiny wings. That's why they launch them nearly empty on fuel, and top them up once they're airborne.

Hence, carrying enough oxidiser to be effective with the INSANE amount of fuel you shove through a jet engine to run it? You may as well just forget about a warload.

You're in a too lowbrow place for humor like that

no.
Nitros works in cars because the oxygen burns off before fuel does.

Afterburner works in planes because air burns off before fuel does.

>Afterburner works in planes because air burns off before fuel does.
I mean fuel before air fuck me

Fucking saved. I'm sure I can find a use for that.