RimWorld General

New patch and no general? Fuck it I'll make one edition

>New patch notes
ludeon.com/blog/

I don't know how to make a general edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5LhbBmC7KMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it possible to make new settlements next to your old settlements to make a city?

they fixed the wild animal spawns. previously only the initial spawn was that bountyful, now there are always different animals present. Or does it depend on the biome?

Also: r8 colony

I don't think so. Most likely the colonies are completely separate maps, indifferent to the distance on the world map.

Man I really want to start in a desert with tribals but the lack of wood is killing my motivation to do so. Maybe I'll just start in a jungle instead and watch everyone die of diseases.

lack of wood is actually the best limiting factor in the early game. rush stone carving thing and you're set

Tribals don't have electricity and require a lot of wood to just survive. It's not that I need wood to build shit, it's that I need wood to fuel stoves and torches.

That's some interesting battery placement you have there.

explain?

central so if it exlodes, there are ppl around to extinguish

But if it explodes its surrounded by wood and can do some serious damage anyways, not to mention it could hurt the people around it.

chance to hurt people around it is low

wood burns as fast as grass, enough time to wake up everyone who is able to firefight

senpaitachi send help, how to delegate people
also fucking clothes and weapon making takes way too long

You mean like make people do certain tasks? Go to the work tab, check manual priorities. Tasks with priority 1 will be what the colonists focus on.

Some one needs to make a slavery mod and a slaver faction. I just watched Goodbye Uncle Tom and I figured this would be the perfect game to play slave owner

youtube.com/watch?v=5LhbBmC7KMU

>rimworld get's updated regularly
>updates actually add new stuff to the game

>thread still ded

Aw shit nigga /rwg/
Did they nerf the hell out of medicine? I tried to install a simple peg leg and it't just fail constantly. I had herbal medicine, a level 9 doc, a decent room, eventually moved the patient to a sterile well lit room and it's still fail a bunch of times before eventually working
Took me like 20 herbal medicine, between the operations themselves and the subsequent cleaning up of the slaughterhouse that the hospital was after the failure

I've played for a while now and have a couple of questions.

1. Has anyone figured out if the "Zzzt" event is purely random chance or has something to do with the design of the circuits? Asking because it started happening a bit more frequently after I installed extra generators and it feels like running all that extra juice through basically one line straight to the colony might have caused it, but it could've just been the AI storyteller ramping up catastrophes over time. If it's purely random then is there any way to design around it to avoid having it discharge in sensitive areas? It blew right in my grow room during winter with toxic fallout going on, there was no food on the whole map outside of what I had in storage and I had to eat raider corpses and my three bonded timberwolves to pull through long enough to get it up and running again with the next batch of crops.

2. What's the cleanest way of getting rid of useless or actively destructive settlers? After the latest patch I've had a plague of useless pyromaniacs joining my colonies.

3. Are there any HOT TIPS to get settlers to do shit in the order that you want them to? Is there any way to get them to not be fucking idiots about fueling generators?

4. Why don't windows exist in the Rimworld universe?

I'm pretty positive that the circuit explosion event is random unless you have electrical equipment outside barring turrets, windmills and solar panels. I think geothermal generators don't play nice with rain but then again that's probably been patched out of the game.

I usually play in extreme biomes and send my useless colonists out into the wilderness naked in unarmed by drafting them. As for work orders, the only thing that comes close is giving them a tightly controlled manual work priority list and regimenting their schedules, but even then there will always be lapses in certain work to be done. I find that a lot of the work order lag in my colonies can be attributed almost always directly to the lack of colonists actually hauling shit. It seems that no matter how many fucking colonists and animals I put into hauling I always have stuff all over the goddamn place and my colony turns into a sty. I also can't understate the importance of having a dedicated janitorial staff cause colonists always get pissy when their environment is dirty.

You cunts are still kicking holy shit.

Haven't played since waffle defence stopped working, anything worth knowing happen?

Slavery should be added to the game officially through the Prisoner mechanics, surprised it isn't already. I want to be able to send my captured raiders off to a prison complex where they waste away mining and mass producing items until they eventually get sold off to other slavers. Also, bomb collars when?

I guess I could try setting up a janitor that also deals with hauling shit to the generators, the fact that it's handled under the "Hauling" job and not its own thing makes it pretty fucking difficult to keep it stocked. Hoppers really ought to be able to be used to supply generators since they're doing nothing besides stocking the nutrient paste dispenser right now.

Big new update added a world/invasion/caravan mechanic where you can finally invade pirate bases and build your own drop pods. Plenty of smaller changes as well surrounding drop pod launchers and some drug reworks.

Personally I think /rwg/ needs some traction on /v/ until it can come back to Veeky Forums cause its pretty rare for people to be just looking out for this shit. It's kind of like /rtsg/ -- dead until there's a series of threads about it elsewhere.

Yeah, I've found that you basically need a dedicated cleaner/hauler. Otherwise your cook will run onto the field to grab 10 potatoes to make one meal a piece, because he doesn't have the foresight to just haul a full stack of them and make 7 meals in a row or something
The AI needs some improvements in that regard, it's similar to how constructors will move one obstacle out of the way, then fetch the resources for that exact building, then haul the next thing out of the way and so on, instead of just hauling all the chunks out of the way in one go and then hauls the resources there. it's obnoxious, but pretty vital micromanagement

The only way that ensures your generators are always being fed is either have a huge excess of colonists that haul or by confining a certain colonist only to that area so that they don't fuck off and haul things from across the map.

You could cordon off the generators and the wood stockpile and a little path in between both of them and the kitchen/sleeping areas and your colonist will only do work in their allowed area. That's what I used to do with body hauling duty because I was always too lazy to build graves and I just had my psychopathic colonists haul bodies off into a fridge for later consumption since they didn't get insane debuffs for seeing a dead body.

preety sad /rwg/ wasn't autistic enough to sustain the general during dry periods

How about putting a woodpile in the general vicinity and having one guy on hauling and cleaning, with hauling as priority one, that is restricted to the base and away from all other stockpiles aside from food? I don't have time to start the game up and test it right at this moment but my theory is that with haul on priority 1 and the woodpile being all he can haul, it'd trigger hauling whenever the generators need more juice and priority 2 cleaning duty whenever they don't need refueling.

We could just join /cbg/

Like a check for 'preparation' before the actual work starts. Hauling resources there, moving stuff out of the way or cutting trees, eating or carrying food before marching to that designated steel vein 100 tiles away, stuff like that

They need all the help they could get.

Do wires out in the open zzzt yo ass? I had that retarded event disabled on my current play, fuck zzzt.

>2
set them on fire or crash a roof on them
>4
+1, the dev has some kind of weird fear/fetish on windows. I seen this question pop up here and there and he always ignores it.

>dry thunder
>hits 5times near my home
>fire spreading
>fps dropping
>can't control anything anymore

Batteries and generators in the open will zzzt whenever it rains.

Just like plant trees yo. The fast tree should be done in 8ish days.
Indoor fires get HOT. You will boil colonists alive.

Place batteries in a stone environment under a roof, with climate control.

Wind power is best power. Cheap with a higher max and works at night. There is room to hide one solar behind the turbine and two in front.

It seems like waifus are needed for any general to survive.

>Indoor fires get HOT

>psychic ship crashes
>don't really have the resources to tackle it head-on, so try boiling it
>set up wooden walls around it
>grantite walls around that
>light it up
>gets to 1000+°C
>shipt doesn't care at all
There was an attempt

You have to boil the mechanoids, not the ship.

I figured that they would bail if the ship was being damaged
Oddly enough, no mechanoids at all would spawn afterwards when I shot down the ship. Maybe I cooked them inside?

Why's only one of these firing off?

You need to grow more trees in front of them since trees attract more wind.

Could be a bug. Presumably every crashed ship has some number of mechanoids inside. Mechanoids have some SERIOUS heat tolerance (-100C, +250C) so it takes insane heat to cook them out.

It's the trees? I figured they'd reach above the trees given how high wind generators normally have to be.

>My little newbie can't be this new!
Point wind turbines towards each other to maximize space. Clear cut the trees, clear all the roof tiles (beware of thick roof mountain bullshit!) and salt the earth so nothing grows there again (or fill the space with solar).

Something like this.

>no /rwg/ in the title

7/10 can do better.

not him but
Is it really neccessary to build tight on a 400x400 map? I always space out things to be nice.

If you have to ask, you're not autistic enough to understand.

Spacing out is important to prevent forest fires and protect against artillery damage. Early on it may be more important to fit everything behind your walls.

At the very least you don't want to waste too much wind turbine space because those open areas are huge. Also beware of placing too many side by side because last I checked they are solid invisible walls.

Im more of an aesthetic autist than an efficient one.

Putting tiles around buildings is pretty good at stopping fires. Are there any map stats i should look out for?

Gona start my first a16 play soon, is it fun?
cant wait for the windows mod to be updated for dat extra comf living space

So my colony got fucking destroyed by a manhunter pack, raid and zzzt all at the same time. After the last settler died I left the game running for a bit and this guy showed up with raiders chasing him, I hid him in the woods and had him pick them off while they were going through the ruins and now he's living here so I'm just gonna roll with it.

That's actually sorta cool, a lone wanderer coming across a dead village and tries to piece together what happened.

nice

Oh.

F

Everyone who shows up here seems to die.
Also, this guy dug his own grave.

>don't have the patience for DF at the moment
>RW too shallow

Most successful colony I ever did

Every time I tried to play this game, the map would run out of iron and food sources, is this still the case?

If only DF was more than letters and werid symbols...
I just cant take a bunch of O's seriously.

What are your predictions for this colony?

I suggest you get one of the mods that add deep drilling.

As for the food just start farming nigga

have you tried a tileset to improve the graphics? u casul

Everyone will die a horrible death as per usual.

Is that a new thing?

Well obviously but how?
First time keeping animals so i expect some sort of pet releated bloodbath.
I hope i get to send a team to raid tribals but i forgot about the winter and had to slam the brakes on expansion.

no, old as the game itself for the people who cant stand ASCII

weird, i looked these up when i played but all of them were either very much out of date or "coming soon, -t. 5yo thread"

Still, i play for comf so i cant really compare the two games.

why is this thread so dead

why are there animals in cryptosleep boxes?

Adding to the graveyard, all settlers who have shown up since then and then died in one way or another.
2 - infection due to rat bites after all the rats in the area went mad.
2 - Gunshot infection.
1 - Infected burn, dry lightning.
1 - Malaria.
1 - Pila through the eye, the latest one. Instant death from a shooting skill 1 raider.

There have been two separate, stable groups of 4. Now I'm down to one guy again.

Keeps food fresh for centuries.

thats...ok

I have not touched the game since forever, but I saw that you could use a drug to make your guys super soldiers, at the price of killing them if they stop taking it
Is it possible to store these super soldiers in cryopods, only to use them when needed like in Demolition Man ?

Sure, why not? That honestly sounds pretty bad ass.

The only issue is that crypto sleep causes crypto sickness that lasts a day or so. So your super soldiers are going to be super sick.

steam deal when?

Probably yes but i would rather use some superboomrats instead.

Nothin you cant fix with more drugs

>checked the wiki
>no anti-cryo sickness drug
Time for me to learn how to mod that game !

not until release
so never

are hidrophonics a waste? should I just farm on the seasons? I'm trying to find some good way to craft things for selling to other places

All of this shit can exist via mods. From what I read dev is more focused on laying proper well balanced basis of a game. The sandbox that modders can freeily modify later on. Something in spirit of Minecraft but actually well coded.

I'm pretty fucking happy with direction that Rimworld is taking. It keeps on adding in without closing doors for more potential for later. Feels good, A16 mods can get funky.

That looks nice. I see some nifty mods. Were you also using the quantum stockpiles? They used to bug out in my modpack and didn't acknowledge some items to have bigger stock sizes than the other ones. After loading the game it just brought certain item from 600max back to something like 150 or 75 which basically destroyed about 450-525 resources of that kind.

I just make a air conditioned room to farm in

Will he add vehicles at some point? I think a high tech colonist walking half way across the planet is a bit silly.

Like dirtbikes, rovers, or even some kind of shuttle.

He added Chemfuelso I think it's pretty likely

New win condition is to get to the space ship that can take you off the planet.

You can still build your own but at some point in your colony you get a message about friendly AI giving a lift if you reach point on the opposite side of the goddamn planet. It's really damn far away. I haven't played with the droppods yet to find out how much fuel it'd take to just fly there.

What's recipe for ultimate killing machine? All bionic + luciferium?

In a power armor with power helmet.

I was thinking more of a 6 seat cargo shuttle that can "hop" to a distant location by consuming fuel.

Or better yet, have pirates land a shuttle that can be captured if they're all killed before they escape back on it. Shuttle could also be used to capture passing ships by boarding them.

What's the best way to make food early on?

Colonists always run out food even after farming

Potatoes. They grow really damn fast also if you are getting low just keep yourself afloat by hunting.

why the fuck is the usual cs rin ru website for this game asking for a login now god damnit

Is it coming from my mods or did they fuck up the hoarder job so no one isn't picking up anything even if it's the only thing my colons are tasked to do ?

Must be the mods

I can't decide what map to do now that all my mods are finally updated.

Arid, Boreal, Tropical, Desert?

I find that the only truly fun colonies are the ones in the extreme biomes. Colonies with no growing seasons in the ice biomes are probably some of the funnest colonies I've built just for the hurdles you have to get through for food.

the growing seasons are decided by temperature. If you can keep a room heated and access to sunlight or sun lamp than you can grow year round.

Arid shrublands, deserts and extreme deserts look the nicest imo, snow in this game hurts my eyes after a while.

Jungles are easy mode in the early days until your people will get sick, and that they will.

>using sunlamps

Those things take up an utterly abysmal amount of energy. I remember building a colony in an area with no growing seasons and was forced to grow things indoors. It was very difficult to meet energy demands of the growing colony. I learned very quickly that hydroponics was a bad idea for colonies with frequent blackouts.

sunlamps are fine if used efficiently and the space lit is maximized. Plants only grow half the day, so at night turn off the sunlamp to save energy. Hydroponics are shit though so you should try and find an area that you can grow on the ground indoors like soil or gravel. Personally I just spam solar panels and have a good set of batteries to keep me through at least 72 hours or an eclipse.

What are the most fun mods? Only one I got is expanded prosthetics for organ harvesting operations

Expanded Prosthetics is the only one I use honestly.