/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

Elezen Edition

>Starlight Celebration (December 15th - December 31st)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2016/The_Starlight_Celebration/

>Free login campaign (December 1st - January 4th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7f6f03825f75fdb71701f7ad9f68cbf4d8ab3bca

>Tokyo Fanfest (December 23rd - December 24th)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/34e70073fb0a9d3f7059d05394abe5faf882f0a2

>Patch 3.45 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/c55a99e864094c0c7dfcbde0fa35bd9fda60dfcb

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Stormblood Expansion Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=mAobb8_SzHY

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/VTw6t
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well, here we go again.
Wish me luck, /xivg/ ;_;

You'll be fine. Have fun

This is a great edition.

>Guy in my FC only has like 2-3 characters at max level
>Search info even says hes inexperienced at the game and undergeared
>Says in FC chat hes leveling AST just so he can have the mentor crown

So this....is the power of mentors...

post bp!

>Guy in my FC only has like 2-3 characters at max level
Did you mean jobs? Because if you actually meant characters then I don't think many of us actually have multiple characters all geared for endgame

herllo

I meant jobs.

rare ram bp
get it while its cold because he was fotm months ago

Lets theorize skills/role for the new classes.

Normal: SAM
Hard: RDM
Savage: DNC

think about what you say

SAM healer
RDM caster
Not-DNC: Blunt DPS

I refuse.

Who else here is really really hoping that there's no fucking lame Dancer class . . .

He's leveling jobs and will pick up general info for the roll in the process, which he can impart to novices when asked. The most important thing about wanting to become a mentor is the desire to teach people, or learn things so as to be able to teach them.

sun seeker monk looking to breed
pst

Yes, I still want Mystic Knight and Runic

I want to be a dancer DPS and then challenge another dancer to a dance-off and out-parse them

We already know the new jobs are RDM and SAM.

Yoshi said after HW came out that he would never release 3 jobs at the same time ever again. There IS no third job.

This little shit won't give me his card

Can you source that at all ? The only time I remember Yoshi saying stuff about jobs like that is in regards to Ninja and them not wanting to have a job come out during a normal patch like that.

Does anyone here use leatrix, wondering if I should use it or not.

I hope the landing is soft..

>people who do this never post name or server
how the fuck are people supposed to pst you if you don't you fucking idiot

Anyone wanna make some alts and just chat a while?

>tfw too intellegent to play WHM

You are a lying disinfo piece of shit. He said he would never release a mid expansion job again like NIN. He never said anything about limited the number to two.

depends on how soft molten rock is
it'll be hot for sure though, make sure you drink plenty of water

Sure, why not. What server and where?

>people actually fall off titans platform
no wonder you only erp and sit on the bench, rania

There is no way they could/would add DNC. Modern gamers dont want to play a dancer. Anyone who plays male wont want to be dancer and it would look silly and homosexual which is problematic for the Japanese. A melee oriented healer has always ended badly in other games with the trinity because of how mechanics target them, and the difficulties of balancing smart heals.

imgur.com/a/VTw6t

>tfw too intelligent to be a miqo'te

>EB refuses to accept main stats > secondaries
>Gets triggered when people ask him why he's still wearing proto-Alex gear when he has capped tomes of scripture

He did say that releasing three jobs for HW pushed the dev team to its limit and was the primary reason MCH and AST were fucking horrible until they got to take another pass at them in 3.2. I'd be very surprised if we got three jobs again.

Gridania on Siren okay?

Sure. Give me a few minutes to finish this PotD run.

*vagueposts sadly*

You look like a barbie doll.

You're both welcome to come with me next time, fall off and cool off with me

post birb titties

If you're a monk and glamour that top you should honestly kill yourself.

>MNK in expert had nearly full Shire gear with some proto-Alex thrown in but only had a Padjali weapon

W H Y

What if you glamour the entire set?

w

Why are you even still EB'd to this awful person?

Mines a tank and even when showing him statweights that shits better he bitches about parry. "If it has parry on it it's worthless and not worth the DPS loss"

>know the primary stats are better
>still so reluctant to spend scripture on obvious upgrades because the secondaries are so shit

it hurts

This is weaponized autism.

>being EB'd to a literal Ippiki

I'm so sorry.

not him but I wanna hang out too, I made my character, where are we meeting?

Why shouldn't someone playing a job glamour pieces from their iconic AF sets?

He's better as a person than as a player. IRL partner etc
He sees people with 1k crit on FFLogs and wants to be like them despite the fact our server is awful for clearing content. I tell him "would you rather have better gear that can be used as a placeholder until you get "proper" gear from savage or be using worse gear".

does your main ever get lonely with you being on your erp alt all day?

That's not a problem.
I'm sitting in the amphitheatre.

tell him that using the upgraded gear will make it easier to clear savage, even if he is just going to replace it.

it's what i'm going to have to tell myself. i have to spend scripture to keep from capping and i'll just force myself to pick up the shire custodian set

I'll be a few minutes yet. This thing is taking a while.

Sweet.

I actually ERP more often on my main desu, cuz everytime I go on everyone wants me

good night xiv

Is it possible to have ACT do callouts in a discord voice chat, or at least make it possible for multiple people to hear the timeline/callouts?

how fucking awful are you

like needing act to do callouts is already awful needing THAT is beyond pathetic

you need VAC and to set it up to take the sounds from ACT and set it as your input device for discord, then set discord to voice activation

Are there cases where I shouldn't delay GCD to use bloodletter if it procs? Other than like dots falling off if IJ got delayed?

can we talk about something other than erp
honestly anything

Highlanders

Are you feeling alright user?
Cool, thanks friend. Our raid leader has lost his voice so we have no one to do callouts until he finds it.

Got all your shopping done for Christmas, user?

Great conversation starter!

I miss this highlander...

I'm poor so I haven't done any shopping
' w '

what's your main and favorite job to play in a dungeon? for me, I main WAR but I have a ton of fun playing DRK in dungeons because I get to sprint and just spam abyssal drain 300 times in huge trash pulls

How much for ERP?

Waiting on a snorlax plush and renting Ghostbusters for a family movie night.

shirou post

did people not want to erp your ra and thats why you went mooncat?

Dunno, I'll have to ask my masters about that

I went c@ because i didn't like my lizard, but now you that you say it really makes me think considering my erp margins since.

Some random retard keeps inviting me to his party for some reason, and it's been going on regularly for days. Wtf is up with this? Can i shut off party invites or something? It's annoying as fuck constantly gettong notifications popping up

is their name pvpbank something or other

Yeah

yea so what

gil sellers have been doing that since the report function that was added for tells started getting them banned en masse, you can't report party invites.

set yourself to busy or suffer for being on a server they can get onto regularly and easily.

you're SHORT

>tfw to intelligence for this savage tier

can you VA fags shut the fuck up and just kill the boss

Change your hair back this instant you double-dingus.

human baby spotted in the ao

>tfw to intelligent to raid

>if you glamour something you like you should honestly kill yourself

Epic

I HATE LOOKING AT THIS

>it's a "everyone acts like they're so XD funneh and take for-fucking-ever to kill a boss" episode
Ah yes, my favorite.

slow down bro, holy shit

nah you first you tasteless faggot

You haven't seen anything pope

slow your heart rate to zero

>tfw you cap at 70 percentile as WAR

This sucks. How do I push out more damage>

Whens anything, I am real bored..

take a chill pill xd
or more like a felixe's saliva pill xdd