World of Warships Admiralty /wowsg/

The USS Iowa, because you prefer vintage sports cars to modern

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Mostly updated guide (Awaiting German DDs):
pastebin.com/mAat47Cb

>5.16 (LIVE for NA, soon for EU)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0516/

>2017 Preview
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Christmas Missions for NA + New Year Medals
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/runningouttaholidaypuns/
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/let2016endalready/

>Graf Spee and Tier 6 camo+ship missions!
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bobbarkersfaveship/#santa

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favourite /wowsg/!:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista Full At the moment
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benisquare :DDD
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myplace.frontier.com/~wellsbrothers/Battleships/TillmanBB.html#Max
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/suspiciouspackages/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_battleship
forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/69313-christmas-event-is-it-really-too-much-to-ask-for-a-fair-treatment-for-all-regions/
forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108548-german-dds-terrible-line-thanks-wargaming/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no player of the day

>No player of the day
For shame.

That's how it should be

player of the day: F22xRaptor

rate my wows map

xth for the cutest wowsg

pfffff... oh wait you're serious...

>Player of the day
>Threads last multiple days

>de_dust2

see for cutest wowsg

but that's wrong

>Warsong Gulch

hi mosh

FLAT

It seemed more for personal reasons that player of the day existed.. I didn't think it needed to be in the OP

Hello user, cute Shimakaze!

Lets play a game Anons.

Name one ship you desperately want see in the game that will piss off some players and one ship you don't wana see that will piss off other players.

I'd like to see the Tillman class take over as a new USN TX BB (especially this version, 15 18 inch guns and 18 inches of belt armor 25 kts). I'd also like to see the Nelson/Rodney not put in, mostly because it seems to have the most disturbingly fervent fans.

HMS Hood

I want Sovetsky Soyuz.
I want them to not put in NelRod.

I just want all the botes to be in the game.

>Think of the upset Hotel players

I want this ship now

As an included, or forced excluded. Boy would not having the Hood piss of RN-Goys.

Sendai-class, or specifically Naka-chan because I want to Naka-chan dayo and it would piss people off seeing yet another low tier IJN DD when people on the forums seem to want a mid or high tier premium

I don't want to see any russian ships because they're all fucking paper fuck goddamn russia has a shitty navy fuck off with your russian bias

>I'd also like to see the Nelson/Rodney not put in, mostly because it seems to have the most disturbingly fervent fans.
>Hating on a ship because of some autistic in these threads
He's the only one I that I see as a die hard fan. Most just like the ship because it's historic significant and asking it not to be added is like asking Iowa or Yamato not to be added. There's just too much history for it to be ignored.

I want all boats in game, even Kaga.

>Name one ship you desperately want see in the game that will piss off some players

Premium Zuikaku with one of its loadouts having 4 wings of torpedo planes.

Also the entire Italian fleet.

>one ship you don't wana see that will piss off other players.

Anything French.

Real talk though- why is there literally zero representation for Italy in WoW/WoT? Not including their tanks I can see since they were hilariously bad. But their fleet was, at least, fairly significant. Does Wargaming hate Italy?

myplace.frontier.com/~wellsbrothers/Battleships/TillmanBB.html#Max

Read this, it's quite fascinating what they were considering for these monsters. Assuming they were built in the mid 1920's, and modernized in the same way the Nevada/Penn/Colo Class were, they would have been MONSTERS to deal with and would have even given the Super Yamato something to worry about.

Musashi
>b-but no T10 prem

What baffles me is why people LOVE the Nelson, when it's Rodney that should be the favored given... well you know... (can't say it or it summons a wehrboo)

It's ironic given that many early Russian warships were built in Italy. Hey maybe that's the reason...

> historic significant and asking it not to be added is like asking Iowa or Yamato not to be added.

But Nelson has 0 historic significance. You're thinking of HMS Rodney. Nelson was a bus that's about it.

It's possible that Italians are refusing to disclose their papership archives. That's why it took so long until Brits showed up in WoT - their museums didn't cooperate.

>new DD line to bully IJN DDs

Just imagine this IV-2 design in game, a monster indeed

Looks like they are bringing back that Secret Santa thing I was talking about last thread
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/suspiciouspackages/

I was pretty excited to have 150mm guns on a DD but man does this penetration suck.

To just shit on all current, and future, BB lines, add the Jap 13 class, which would have to be like a Tier 7-8 (given its age, doesnt matter really since it would be OP at TX anyway), and not just disallow Tone, cause we don't need skycancer ontop of another flamethrower.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_battleship
>WWI era
>Tier X
Nah, maybe as a premium years from now but there are just better ships to put in that were actually built and fought. No more of this paper bullshit.

Really is just a Colorado on steroids

>typo
>now you can have 10 days to earn your damn camo if you can grind fast enough

Here's the Design doc for the IV-2. The pic in is a hypothetical modernization of it (to an Iowa-like standard)

Make way for glorious German DDs.

That one, the IV-2 design, is 80,000 tons, (Yamato is 68 for comparison), 25 knts, has Fifteen 18"/50 in five 3-gun turrets, 16"/8" belt, 18"/10"/5"/9" turret armor, and uses 180,000 SHP (compared to Yamato's 150k). It's a bit more than a Colorado on steroids. That is, if the Yamato is a Nagato on steroids.

Max is so sexual.

Post what you've been getting

>No more of this paper bullshit
We're going to get more of that with the inevitable Russian BB tree, even though their most well known BBs are the Potemkin, the Gangut, and a lend-lease Bong BB.

Also super sekret documents pertaining to a Soviet CV tree

>Also super sekret documents pertaining to a Soviet CV tree
They've said time and time again that they're not doing a Russian CV tree since that would be nothing but paper. They don't mind doing paper but they like keeping it to a minimum, maybe a premium but no tree.

Last CV tree is British in 2018.

Fucking wow, I get flags. Not even the good ones either.

Who wouldn't want to bully this butt?

They could do a French CV tree with at least 1 real one. They have enough designs, known designs, to fill out 6 tiers. Plus there's enough US CV's they skipped to do a second US CV line.

Look at the box, it's the $5 crate from I only bought 1 and got 35 gamescom camos

>second US CV line

That could be a way to fix CV's, both US and Jap, make one 'strike' line and 1 'support' line.

Lol look at #2, 24 16''/50 guns. WTF. Imagine that shit in game at... well any tier.

>An actual smart idea
Yeah, that'll never happen with WG.

You know thinking about this, why hasn't WGing ever added any kind of support mechanic, as in, having a CL near a ship boosts EVERYONE's AA rating, or having a DD close by boosts sighting distance of torpedos/planes, or if a CV travels with the fleet there's like a passive defensive buff.

Too hard to code.

>RN CLs every game
>Roll into point
>Pop smoke
>Spam AP
>Rise and repeat
Watching them play makes them look like such a boring class. Not to mention getting removed in one salvo from a BB.

You two have been rather unlucky. Jeruk managed to get all three in one battle, and is going to get those doubloons.

>expecting good pen out of german guns

have you never played german cruisers before?

There's no way I'm getting it on the Fubuki again. You need a miracle to even get kraken and high caliber without someone shooting the enemies before the torps reach them.

They did in Shattered Horrizon...

But seriously, wouldnt this go in a fars way to help with many of the complaints as it sorta forces teamwork (giving a changeable benefit for NOT running at first contact as you become weaker in doing so kinda thing).

I thought the meme about Nazi Cruisers were the AP.

My mobo came with 15 days of "premium" and a Diana cruiser.

Worth it?

>look at EU forum
>a thread about unfair treatment regarding the campaign? May--
>tons of literal cucks in thread saying to deal with it, probably all German
Yeah you know what, fuck this shit and fuck the Graf Spee.

forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/69313-christmas-event-is-it-really-too-much-to-ask-for-a-fair-treatment-for-all-regions/

or you could... you know, play as a team and actually use your consumables and stats to complement other ships.

Which one has the Diana? I see only Warspite
Molotov Indianapolis
Blyskawica Ishizuchi
Atago Prinz Eugen

*I* do, but we all know FAR to many players *don't* and there's two ways to get people to behave, carrots and sticks and the sad truth is, sticks actually don't work, as all humans are whores and so offering a carrot more often works.

Does anyone feel generous enough to buy me a crate? :^)

in game name is zzebras if anyone is actually feeling kind

>Due to whine of European playerbase, ......

Asus h110i-plus
Mini itx board.
Is the diana good? Ive never played

Holy shit and I thought NA was a bitch fest...

I'm glad I'm an atheist and don't give a shit.

Why is strafing still a thing? I don't even play CVs and it looks like the stupidest thing ever and I've never seen a CV player say they actually like it.

It's hard to use and can shoot down friendly planes.

But if you use it RIGHT you can literally wipe multiple squadrons in one fell swoop.

More or less- it takes skill to use, and clickers don't really like being asked to have any competence.

Has anyone else been having problems with hit boxes after the patch?

>forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108548-german-dds-terrible-line-thanks-wargaming/
Why is wave always so mad?

lel

>niggers
>censors ass

New players get a Diana after using an invite code. I haven't played the Diana yet, so I don't know, but I'm sure plenty of people in this thread would have.

If you're thinking of starting this game, make sure you get an invite code from someone, as it also gives you a Texas battleship and 90,000 free XP.

Does wave prefer IJN DDs or Kraut DDs?

Stop shitposting in my thread you fucking faggot neorussia

I don't see how he is mad? The line is bad and others in the thread say the same.

There was also a huge nerf to the tech line yesterday.

>rate my wows map
keks/10

>Name one ship you desperately want see in the game that will piss off some players
Any cv. Can I get a harder one now ?

I really want to like the new DD line, I'm sure I'll get there, I haven't played destroyers in forever, mostly been playing BBs. But I use to play DDs all the time in CBT and Release but they've changed them so much since then that it's almost unrecognizable. But I dare say, they need a buff.

HO HO HO

The baBBies and even the CVnts whined too hard.

You just have to git lucky.

They finally localised the clans interface. I was getting sick of seeing English words randomly showing up in my game, they felt so out of place.

0.5.16.0 is the best patch ever.

Also, has EU started rioting yet? I think it's pretty bullshit that they don't get the Santa missions. They've been fucked over like 12 times this year.

Where do you get these containers? Seems like the rewards are pretty good. Though with my luck I'll get a lifetime supply of CV flags.

you buy them or have them gifted to you by some generous player.

No, you have to stop playing the DDs that rely on torps.

Or play the DDs that have so many torps that you can lay down a wall of skill by yourself.

But I like DDs that rely on torps but only have not enough torp to cover a lane. I like being a burden to the team.

Yeah but I can't find them in the EU store. Or are they just not available yet?

It's the secret santa event again. I bought 5 $5 boxes. Got 35 fire camo, 1500 doubloons, 2x Ishizuchi and Prinz Eugen. Pretty good deal.

EU gets shit on constantly because there literally is no EU community team.

WGEU also shits on their community contributors with every new patch like clockwork.

>EU

sorry

Wasn't around last christmas so I don't know that event.

>But I like DDs that rely on torps but only have not enough torp to cover a lane. I like being a burden to the team.
Enjoy the IJN 'torpedo' line, dearest customer!

Don't forget to buy camo and signals in a futile effort to stop your ship from being useless!

Why would we riot? Are we missing out on something yet again?

I don't even understand this. Isn't EU one of the bigger communities besides RU? Or do they just still hate germans?

There's nothing wrong with causing grief to your team when you get spotted for more than a km before spotting the enemy DDs.