Lore: dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35923
Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/570/guides
Cosmetic simulator: dotaloadout.com/
Competitive Scene: wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Main_Page

>STATISTICS
Competitive DOTA 2 analysis: datdota.com/
DOTA 2 analysis: dotametrics.wordpress.com/
Personal statistics: dotabuff.com/
Personal statistics#2: opendota.com/ (formerly yasp.co)
Hero stats: devilesk.com/dota2/heroes/herodata/
Hero and DPS calculator: devilesk.com/dota2/apps/hero-calculator/

>NEWS & STREAMS
joindota.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-AxZofbMGpM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

so
dead

windrunner is the best waifu!

why not play the better game doturds?

>monkey king's ultimate no longer procs echo sabre
>monkey king's ultimate now uses item cooldowns like basher or maelstrom
fixed to be honest

kang's ulti needs to last not more than 7 seconds too

>Valve should cater to my shit playstyle because I'm so awful I can't learn how to counter a hero

There's a site for people like you to get their awful opinion heard

>spend a year trying to come up with a name
>can't think of anything
>steal the name of some obscure esports player from another game that's been teamless for years
>he gets picked up again for a team out of nowhere

because all of those waifus are generic sluts!

I tried but got downvoted instead.

>be carry
>team expects me to have like 3 big items when we're getting pushed in at 20 minutes

Should I stop playing carry when my team is a 4 stack

>Play AM
>Team pinging and giving up because I'm not teamfighting and dying at 11 minutes

Will nightman ever be good again?

>Tfw techies are fun and strong again

How do you counter this as tinker?

HOW

TO

PLAY

TECHIES!?!?!?!

Don't let Spectre get farm

euls

since last thread didnt decide
0-4 decides hero
5-9 decides build
for my next game

>diffusal

just gank their jungle

you can't diffusal yourself retard

4stack complaining about how to farm?
how about ask them to tactical feed and only stick when the enemy wants to push 3rd towers

>7.5 minutes into the game
>can no longer use this spell to kill a ranged creep without also auto-attacking it
um... dotards???

Agh's WW

that's why she's screaming

Bloodstone

there was a really good clip from Slahsers stream a few months back when he was playing his meme urn spectre build

enemy tinker got completely out of hand, so he decided fuck it, bought a refresher and double ulted tinker in his own fountain

playing like that eventually won him the game iirc cause tinker cant handle actual manfights

Who cares it's Steam, you can make your username literally anything.

Mjollnir

Mjollnir Winter Wyvern

DO IT

>7.5 minutes into the game
>not having enough int to give spell amp
>not having enough farm to be well on your way to aghs for farming waves

shiggus diggus

Pugna
now with shadowblade Dagon Radiance no ags

What if illusions could proc basher/abyssal?

What if Mana Leak could Sunder towers?

What if Aghanim's gave TA permanent refraction charge?

what if you could use midas on zeus

what if you could be good at this game

Open with tangoes, 3 clarities, soul ring recipe, courier. Level your Q first.

Play him aggressively. Put your first mines in the trees around the lane like pic related. I prefer playing him in aggressive safelane, but double offlane works too. In general, don't go solo lane, cause the enemy can and will zone you if they're not retarded, leaving you levelstarved. Remember that though you can't stack proximity mines in eachother's AoE, their AoEs can overlap. Pic obviously has more mines than you can get down in the short time before/during laning, but it's about the jist of the spots.

Get your soul ring asap. If you're laning with someone who has a stun or other kind of setup/control, play very aggressive with your proximity mines during laning. Doesn't matter if you push the lane this way, you'll end up punching the tower with proximity mines then.

Level order is variable. I often end up going Q>E>E>Q>E, but I will go Q>E>Q>W if I'm playing a very aggressive lane for example. If you feel like you'll need the blast off a lot, level it first. Level 2 mines is enough to oneshot ranged creeps, lvl 3 to clear the creep wave (minus siege creep)

To continue your build, after soul ring:
>Mana boots
>Eul's
This is your core. After this you'll have to adapt to the game. People keep rightclicking you before you can get shit off? Get a ghost scepter. Your team lacks mobility and the opponents are sticking together too tight? Get a force staff. Get aghs if you need to depush lanes without being there (one remote mine to clear the wave), or if opponents are tankier than average.

Don't play him passive. Don't mine the map/jungle that much. Your downtime is the short time before teamfights, you kind of have to develop a sense for when that is. Then you remote mine the lanes to set up traps. Alternatively, if you have farmvacuums on your team (tinker, prophet), you get some more time to set up traps too.

Whats the point of playing when you are faced with the fact that dipshits like Slacks get 5k while playing like a 2k retard?

Bloodcyka

9 iron branches

thats dota

thats literally why veil is a thing on puck and qop
I mean its not the only reason, but its like, atleast 20-30% of the reason
maybe even 35%

(Continued)
Be there for teamfights. You'll probably die, but that's ok. Your stasis trap is #1 priority during teamfights. Massive AoE root. If you have to initiate, use blastoff->stasis. If you survive this, dump a proximity and remote mine, and gtfo if you survive that. Spam mines around the perimeter generally. Another blastoff if the fight lasts that logn.

>Talents
>+2 mana regen vs +20 movement speed
Mana regen, every time.
>+200 cast range vs +25% XP gain
Cast range pretty much always, unless you really have to play on the defensive. In that case you're having a bad time generally anyway.
>-60 Respawn Time vs +120 GPM
Respawn timer if you're behind, GPM if you're ahead to get more ahead.
>+400 Blast Off damage vs 25% CDR
Take your pick. If you still need to push a lot, CDR. If you need to teamfight more you think, take blast off.

Final note. You might think Aether Lens is a good item. Don't ever get it unless you want to meme. The source of damage is the mines, not techies. Aether lens will give you extra cast range, but that's hardly worth it, and the hp regen isn't the stat you need. If you want more mana, get aghs, octarine, scythe, whatever. Heck, if you want tankier and mana, get Atos since roots are strong. Get veil if you really need more spell damage.

****************TRANCE AROUND THE WORLD****************

With Above and Beyond?

>no longer can sell items if someone dcs
>no longer gives you their gold
okay. no problem i don't like winning 4v5s anymore.

Good tip, thanks.

Thanks user that's some detailed shit right there.

Some gulagite made pic related and it works kinda well but people end up knowing where all your mines are since warding ramps and high-ground is necessary.

Looks like the ride's already over, boys.

Time to pay your respects.

Its a "hero gets its talent tree bonuses and octarine core and has a permanent uptime disable" episode
>b-b-but just bkb out of it
>they disable you again when bkb ends
>and then lock you down for 50 seconds

i quit
i play single player games now

how are you going to know which spectre is real to euls her when she pops manta
she can still haunt to an euls'd illusion

The greatest thing I appreciate about this game is the way it kills time. I'm a busy man although my schedule is quite spaced, with like 2-3 hours between each thing I need to do. Dota makes it so much easier arriving at that time as I can play a couple games and I'll be right there.

>level 7 techies can set up a trap that deals 1800 magic damage in just 12 seconds of mining
see thats whats fucking disgusting about this iteration of him

land mines went through tons of changes and usually took a HUGE amount of setup to kill a reasonably leveled hero. A physical damage hit might deal about the same as magic damage that early into the game, but setting up 1800 damage in mines previously took 25-30 seconds and nearly 1000 mana cost

now its just:
>lay 1 prox mine (170 mana)
>lay stasis (80 mana)
>lay an optional remote (200 mana)
>lay 2nd prox mine when its off cd (170 mana)

thats either 420 mana for 1500 damage or 620 for 1800

come up with a new build for necrophiliac

ghost scepter rush and just play him vs right clickers lmao

Hood
Radiance
Shiva

How to fix shrine
>unusable/effect cancels when enemy heroes are 200 - 300 range from it/you

>13-3 in ranked solo over the past week at 4.7k-4.9k
>2 of my 3 loses are due to some autistic 6k mid player giving up and deleting his items and intentionally feeding

How to fix shrine
>remove from the game

>tfw meepo is strong and fun again

Thanks based valve, made me install this amazing game again

whats wrong with shrine?

Arcanes > Mek > Lens (break down your arcanes) > Tranqs > Discord > Sparkle Faggot Cape

you are now the strongest support

This is wrong with shrine

>inspect element your page to say VHSk

I don't understand why there's shrines in the base
why is it so fucking tanky

>i am bad so everyone else must be bad too

?

>avoid confrontation and insult him!!!!

typical

what

I am a new ip, I'm not the guy you replied to.

>new IP
>different person

>he doesn't know

I have no idea what you guys are on about.

Tried playing meepo the other day, got slapped out of lane by a dazzle/PL combo and ruined by a feed OD during a game where 2 team-mates abandoned. He feels like he's made of paper early game is that correct and how the fuck do you deal with OD's hurricane, astral into Sanities bullshit?

>aghs first item

>HUD still isn't fixed.
Epic.

RECORD OF THE WEEK

Doturds?

>tfw no good multiplayer games to play so considering returning to dota
Guys help what do I do, I can't win in this situation

follow my simple build
and you too can be a 5.4k qop randomer

Starting: Null+Tangos
Early Game: 5 Null+Brown Boots
then get either hood > aghs or just Aghs if you think you'll have the burst
then a sheepstick and bkb in lategame, maybe a bloodstone before bkb

87% winrate

great dotabuff link mate

Dota 2

>not getting an early maelstrom and balling out of control in farm speed
>not turning that maelstrom into a mjollnir lategame with glorious 70% spell lifesteal
Get with the times grandpa

Why can't you see which players are a party at the start of the game?
What's the logic behind it?

>tfw 5-0 as offlane core lich this patch

Why can't they just make solo queue SOLO QUEUE? Sick of playing against tryhard Russian stacks who treat unranked solo queue pubs like fucking TI finals

Don't tell me you fell for the honeypot solommr meme d2g

>reddit already dicksucking Valve about nerfing Visage into being a hero with 3 (three) shit tier skills
>no uh no there's only one way to play him now, you can't be a support anymore
>but you can't be a core either
>but you don't know how to play him, you just can't kill people with familiars and chainstun anymore

ALL IT TAKES IS 1 (ONE) THROW OF BEASTMASTER AXES
1 (ONE) LINA DRAGON SLAVE
1 (ONE) FUCKING MONKEY KING BOUNDLESS STRIKE

AND THE FAMILIARS ARE DEAD

BUT NOOOO VALVE DID A GOOD THING VISAGE FINALLY HAD A POSITIVE WINRATE AND THAT'S BAD BECAUSE PLEASE VALVE RAPE MY FUCKING THROAT

>Not tryharding
Go back to custom games you filthy scrub

Wow you actually have to dodge skills now your birds aren't invulnerable what an awful change

Because dudebro stacks that think they're good because a team of 5 can stomp 5 randoms is more likely to spend money on the game goy, player enjoyment means NOTHING if there's a few more dollars to be made

They found that in CSGO, if 5 randos went up against a 5 stack, they would more than likely just throw the game from the beginning.

in Dota 2 they wanted to avoid this issue especially in solo queue to avoid stack throws as much as possible

I'm ordering dominoes
What pizza should I get

>dodge now
>in a hero who is expected to be in the middle of the fight
>now that every core in the world has some form of random wombo combo AoE and even supports will have minimum AoE to clear shit
>on a hero who needs those familiars to do damage and stun close by

WELL WHERE ARE MY FAMILIARS MEANT TO BE THEN, OVER AT YOUR MOTHER'S HOUSE SPITROASTING HER?

I KNOW YOu"RE JUST SOME RANDOM ASSHOLE SHITPOSTER BUT SERIOUSLY VISAGE IS CURRENTLY THE WORST FUCKING HERO IN THE GAME. HE'S WORSE THAN LYCAN POST TI2, HE'S ABSOLUTELY DOGSHIT AND THE FAMILIARS ARE ONLY GOOD FOR ENDING THE GAME FASTER BY FEEDING THEM TO THE ENEMY TEAM. HELL NOW YOU GOT A GOLD TALENT SO YOU CAN GET AGHS QUICKER TO GET THE THIRD FAMILIAR SO YOU CAN FEED FASTER

Reddit's game

724 mmr, ive been playing axe and nyx

youtube.com/watch?v=-AxZofbMGpM

have long till this happens to dota if volvo keeps going like this?