/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!
>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/iZJ2DT2a

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

HEY GUYS WHEN IS SKYRIM SCRIPT EXTENDER COMING TO SPECIAL EDITION??
>Skyrim Special Edition has been released, and the original SKSE will not work with it. We are currently investigating the application to create a SKSE64 build for the Special Edition. This will not be a fast process. The update to 64-bits means a lot of investigation and changes. Much like the work that has gone into F4SE this will take a tremendous amount of effort. We appreciate your patience while this work continues. We have no timeline for a release. - the SKSE team 29 October 2016

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hJGTlZayDaI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabiscuit
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76561/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68028/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75145/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Also why do any orcs live in strongholds?
Do orcs strike you as the brightest "people," user?

No waifus, only lore and harmony!

Waifus
Lore
HARMONY

I don't think so, user.

Well they are good at smithing and you can't be an utter retard to do that.

Seems kind of like they have average int but really low wis.

youtube.com/watch?v=hJGTlZayDaI
BOI

Happy days ahead!

Have you seen their weapons and armor? They literally just melt slabs of metal onto each other until they're thick and crude enough to be considered "strong." I've seen dumb ass four year olds make more inspiring creations out of legos.

Change the OP image, please.

Kill yourself Diana

Post spooky screenshots.

If it looks dumb but it works, it ain't dumb.

>one of the main reasons you come to the threads is to argue and shitpost
>no argument when people call you out on being a shitty person

What's wrong? Afraid that anything you can say will just prove them right even more?

The spookiest!

>Install Charlotte ENB
>Interiors are so fucking dark I can hardly find the bed in the Alternate Start mod.
>Get to Whiterun, go to join the companions, can't find Kodlak because it's so fucking dark inside
>Install the ELFX lighting mod mentioned in the description for Charlotte ENB
>Marginally better, find Kodlak
>Go to Draugr dungeon 1 of 57,000
>Close the game because I can't fucking see shit

Guys what am I doing wrong? How do I brighten interiors a little with Charlotte ENB?

>Well they are good at smithing
They're only good at controlling the forge fire of which any race can do with enough experience. The armor is just beaten into shape.

There's literally nothing else to it.

But it doesn't work all that well. I've never seen an orcish axe that can outperform Wuuthrad or even simple Skyforge Steel for that matter, or Orcish Armor that can hold a candle to Ebony. For supposed "masters" of smithing it seems like they're outclassed by just about anything and everything.

Except the Imperial Legion uses steel mostly and Ebony is quite rare. One of the orcish strongholds does specialize in Ebony too. Hell the fucking Stormcloaks use iron a lot.

Sky forge steel isn't simple, literally one dude in Skyrim can make it.

>Also why do any orcs live in strongholds?
Peer pressure.
They'll disown you if you don't do exactly as they say.

>Sky forge steel isn't simple, literally one dude in Skyrim can make it.
And it can only be made in one place in all of Tamriel.

>Ebony is quite rare
So is orcichalcum. Po-tay-toh, po-tah-toe.
>Sky forge steel isn't simple
The base material is just steel. You are correct though, it's a piece of master craftwork, something that orcs are incapable of. It's a lesser material than orcichalcum being turned into a weapon superior to its orcish counterpart.

It's not just craft work it's also the magical forge. You know, the one that could also magically fuse fragments of an axe together after Kodak was cremated in it?

Also the strongest two handed weapon in the game is a unique Orcish warhammer, because it has the fastest attack speed of any warhammer.

Not to mention orichalcum is moe common than ebony and Orcs can work ebony just fine. Moth and Ghorza in Markarth can forge ebony weapons to sell. And an orc stronghold mines ebony ore for weapons.

I must really be on to something here if even you can't come up with a counter-argument. :^)

>Also the strongest two handed weapon in the game is a unique Orcish warhammer
I hope you're not talking about Volendrung just because you earn it by doing a quest for some orcs

He heat-treated the fractured points which are 3 large slabs and lets the fire run down the point so with the residual heat he could temper the pieces back together.

No magic involved outside of him doing it so quickly.

Not to mention that the one dude is said to be the absolute best guy in all of Skyrim and you can tell he's obviously an extraordinary smith cause most of the Stormcloaks and Imperials use iron or steel weapons and not Skyforge steel or stuff.

You think any jackass can use the magical powers of the magical forge? No, they can't. Not even the marysue dragonborn. Only a true Nordic master smith can.

And that strongest weapon in the game is a daedric artifact, son. You're comparing apples to watermelons.

All the smiths can forge Ebony to sell, even ol' uncle Alvor in bum ass Riverwood. What's your point?

>you can tell he's obviously an extraordinary smith cause most of the Stormcloaks and Imperials use iron or steel weapons and not Skyforge steel or stuff.
And that quite a few smiths in the game won't shut the fuck up about how good he is and since it's Skyrim, everything any NPC says is the absolute truth because anything else would confuse normalfags.

No, it's a hammer literally called Longhammer. It has a unique effect which is something like 30% faster swinging speed.

The forge is said to be magical, since you can't forge Skyforge steel anywhere else (no other Nords in all of Skyrim can make it).

Plus an orc in Markarth has a quest for you to get him a Daedra heart so he can make Daedric stuff. That is way above Skyforge steel.

>Not even the marysue dragonborn
Except you can make better weapons than anyone in the game.

This is correct.

So I hope we're all taking away the same message from all this, right? That orcs being master smiths is a joke because they can't compete with a Nord.

Yeah but you still can't tap in to the magic powers of the Skyforge. It acts like any old forge when you use it except for letting you craft the ancient armors which are shit anyways.

More like they can't compete with the Skyforge

Yeah and that must mean Bretons are retarded because the restoration college lady who is a Breton can't compete with Tolfdir or Urag who are a Nord and an orc, respectively.

Except the orcs are actually seen mining the Ebony so they have to be using it for armour and weapons, unlike Alvor who literally has only iron and steel around.

They can't USE the Skyforge. They can't comprehend master smithing craftsmanship because they're too busy making swords that look like kitchen cleavers.
1)we're not talking about magic
2)they are masters of completely different schools
3)she CAN compete. Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!

Who cares if he doesn't have his own mine. He's a blacksmith who sells Ebony weapons to you. Connect the fucking dots m8.

>Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Colette we know it's you.

>3)she CAN compete
>only teaches Restoration up to Expert rank
>Tolfdir teaches up to Master rank
Something doesn't add up, fag.

Compete doesn't mean win.

Post magicka!

That's like saying someone with MS can compete in a foot race with some Kenyan fucker.
Sure, you're technically competing, but there's not even a chance of winning, so are you really competing?

It's the best school!

Read the dialogue again. He's not using the heart for a daedric weapon. Besides, you can't even make daedric gear if you're not a daedra (or a marysue dragonborn that gets smithing knowledge from nowhere)

That's because of retarded scaling of items and stuff. From the responses and quests the only smither of Daedric stuff in Skyrim who isn't the marysueborn is an orc.

But there is a chance for winning.
You telling me that when a higher level enemy comes up to you, that you automatically lose?

Restoration is just so valid that you need to learn levels 76-100 yourself. Don't be a lazy ass.

Cooling the sword in daedric blood is supposed to be how you make Daedric weapons, a lore book says if you toss the heart into the water at the right time you can apparently get daedric stuff.

>That's because of retarded scaling of items
That's the same reason orcs sell them, that's enough with the double standards you orcfag.

Considering it's not a competition in combat, it's irrelevant.
They're competing in magickal knowledge.
Seeing as how she can't teach any higher then Expert, she automatically loses since Tolfdir can teach higher, ergo, more skill.

You a're waifu a shit.

What's even your argument here? That he's a bad person? Pretty much everyone knows that already, including his "friend". You're not going to get a response out of him because he doesn't have one. So just stop shitposting.

Right, that's why underdogs don't win in competitions to the point where it's cliche. Wait...

Again, it's not combat, it's intelligence in what is essentially a science.
You can't "underdog" your way out of knowing far less than someone else.

The dialogue says it was the Jarl's idea. Some master smith, taking advice from a guy who spends his day warming his throne with his ass.

I agree!

Isn't she a necromancer? What's she doing with Resto?

It ain't double standards if the orcs actually get a supply of ebony whereas Alvor has no way he'd get it aside from trading it. It makes sense for the orcs to be able to smith I since they own pretty much the only mine for it. Alvor doesn't have that, it doesn't make sense for him.

Hey man, Jarl probably read the book or some shit. Theres still the orcish Longhammer with the highest DPS of the warhammers.

>You can't "underdog" your way out of knowing far less than someone else.
Magick battles aren't put into a computer to spew out a winner.
It's more than just what you know, it's how you use it.

>Restoration
>best
lol

Alright it's getting late, it was fun bickering and shit flinging about orcish smithing but it's good night to you all.

We all know the strongest race are the Argonians anyway.

And all she does is complain about her shitty school of Magick, while Tolfdir is teaching kids in the field, fighting Draugr and exposing the weakness of an in-lore crazy powerful wizard and didn't even break a sweat because he was too focused on getting access to the mythical artifact afterwards.

Tolfdir wins, user.
He's got a higher teaching rank and better applied knowledge.
He's even the one to teach you a ward because what the fuck is Colette doing instead of teaching?
That's right, complaining about Restoration being shit.

Sorry, thought you were having an honest debate here, not memeing shit to make up for the lack of argument.
Go on thinking he wins 100% of the time.

Nobody heal this guy.

>memeing shit
Elaborate.

Given established events in practical knowledge AND a higher teaching class, Tolfdir comes out on top.
I would honestly love to be proven wrong, though.

Nono, you're totally right.
In fact, go down to the horse races and bet all your money on the horse that has more experience, a more skilled jockey, who's leading in all classes.
Hell, bet your house too, they're sure to win that competition.

>c-can I get a heal

There is nothing wrong with trading for Ebony ore as long as you know how to craft weapons with it. A smith's job is to smith, not mine. Just because the orcs set up their stronghold over an Ebony mine doesn't mean they're better at smithing Ebony.

As for the lore book, those have been known to be full of myth and misconception. Jarl was probably like "hey try to make a daedric sword by doing this thing I read." In fact you can almost be certain that's untrue, otherwise any schmuck could make daedric weapons by reading that book.

The longhammer is nice but DPS doesn't tell the whole tale. When I use the superior, beefier Wuuthrad to slay an elf in one hit, faster than the longhammer's 2 or 3, the long hammer doesn't seem so great.

Not that any of that matters because dual dagger Elemental Fury will out-DPS everything.

Nice proof, user.
Excellent citations from established events.
Good on you for not acting like an idiot mad about his waifu being fucking horrible.

>Excellent citations from established events.
Do..do you think I just made up horse racing?
Hell, let's pretend you're not retarded and are just ignorant.
Surely you've heard of this guy?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seabiscuit

Just build my pc and I have a very noobish question. If I want to mod skyrim with a lot of kinky stuff should I pirate it or buy it from steam? Is it the same?

Again, good job bringing up relevant things from the game.
You sure showed me.

Really, you're just making yourself look stupid now.
It might be time to take a break from the internet.

Stop

>getting hit
>manaward + manawall
>laughing_black_mages.png

>relevant things from the game
Okay, then lets look at Morrowind.
You have this motherfucker being a god.
So what can you do?
Some literal who coming there on a prison boat can kill him.
You don't have to be a god yourself to do so, yet the option is there and entirely possible.
Or how about another prisoner from the Imperial City almost singlehandedly closing all the gates?
Or yet another prisoner riding on a cart went on to kill a demigod who kept acting rude to all the netches.

Prisoners are op.

>get healed
>double flare

>slam back that nasty-ass ether
>triple flare

You're a little shit.

Remember where we started this and what this was all about?
Colette being shit and Tolfdir being a better mage in every way.
You were adamant that Colette WASN'T shit, but since you're so eager to ignore that and trying to change the subject entirely, it makes me think that you don't believe a word you were saying.

You're just mad your waifu is shit, right? You're not actually THIS autistic, are you?

Nigger this started with orcs being worse at smithing than Eorlund.

Holy shit we're all so autistic.

At this point, I'd like to inform you that I only joined in at the point Colette was brought up.

Still, why isn't she complete shit?
Tell me that.

Right, and I showed that just because they have a lower power level doesn't mean they're shit.
So just because she's lower in restoration doesn't mean she auto-loses to someone with top alteration.

Im not him. She's small-time. Still, she's right about Restoration being a perfectly valid school of magic.

>I showed
Nah, you suggested, you implied.
I showed that Tolfdir is better, he's got a higher training level, actually teaches, practical knowledge, etc.
You've shown nothing.

>she's right about Restoration being a perfectly valid school of magic
Of course, but all she does all day is whine about it.
Go teach a class and unearth some mystical shit.
Hell, having a high level Restoration mage would have been incredibly handy what with all the Draugr about in Sarthaal.

>You've shown nothing.
Alright, at this point you've completely disregarded any illusion of participating in a debate.
For some reason you refuse to accept you were wrong in any way, to the point where peri would be taking notes from you.
I'll let you have the last word in reply to this since you're not mentally mature enough to act otherwise.
Good luck with those horse race bets.

Still waiting for you to mention her doing anything of merit.
You're the one who has refused to participate.
"lol horseracing" is not showing me that she's in any way better.

>better
obligatory not that guy since you can't tell, but the argument was never about her being better, it was about her being able to compete vs him

And she can't, therefore, Tolfdir is better.

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76561/?

Tell me this mod isn't good

She is not a classical necromancer so her using restoration isn't that surprising.

>She is not a classical necromancer
Or something less retarded and mary sue and just actually explain that using restoration allows her to practice necromancy more on a single target rather than just one try and that's it.
Proper resource management.

Is there any way to keep Oblivion running in the background? I want to train shit like athletics while alt tabbed

Remember that one quest with the redguards where each side tells their version and every retard always has to ask "But who is telling the truth???!!! BAD WRITING!!1!"

Oh come on, that's not as interesting!

does anyone know if there is a version of this mod nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68028/? with bigger breasts&thighs? Kind like 7B but not 7B?

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75145/?

Get this and do it yourself with bodyslide and racemenu.

I can't imagine how being a necromancerbutnotreally is more interesting than being an efficient necromancer.