Well, I'm home sick today throwing up and with a fever of 101.2

well, I'm home sick today throwing up and with a fever of 101.2.

GM appreciation thread to cheer me up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pxOl0b8K6FY
youtube.com/watch?v=g_t-ZwxkUfA
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
mercuryracing.com/mercury-racing-reveals-sb4-7-0-automotive-crate-engine/
chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts/1le-zl1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tfw sick too

>GM appreciation thread

so.. is this where we start shitposting? you (do) know where you are right?

>having a weak immune system
Top kek op kys

no. I thought I was on /mlp/.
Of course I know where I am.

how'd you get sick? I went to a friend's christmas party and caught it from one of the kids there. Fucking germ-ridden monsters

no idea, might have got something from the gym

Knows his fever temp... did mommy set conditions for you staying home? Were you afraid you were about to need to hop into a bath of ice?

I haven't been this sick in over a decade. The most I usually ever get is allergies.
fuck yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=pxOl0b8K6FY
he starts the car at about 2:10

My mom's dead you asshole. A fever wouldn;t bother me. Puking my guts up, however, does.

So you puked and ran to the store to buy a thermometer to check your temp?

yup. with a face mask and gloves

I rarely ever get sick and even when i do display symptoms the worst i get is a stuffy nose for 2 days or a bad cough. i haven't had a fever since i was a child... maybe my home-made juices worked.

get well some faggot

>some
soon

Thank you. Nice Z28s. I love me some SBC 302's

I usually don't even get a cough. Just a runny nose usually

No, my friend, we are but gods amongst mortals.

then enjoy this jerk
youtube.com/watch?v=g_t-ZwxkUfA

thanks.
sorry folks. dozed off for a bit.
>BMW repeatedly BTFO by a FWD Daewoo

youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
here have a rare opel

>here have a rare opel
nice.

what's the matter BMW, can't keep up with a FWD Daewoo?

>2017 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
>msrp $79,450
>2017 Nissan gt-r nismo
>msrp $174,990
Veeky Forums always said the price between the two cars was about the same. Am I getting meme too hard here?

No wackas hope u get Betta user

T. Aussie

The GTR is too expensive as it is. The R32/R33/R34 GTR's that it emulates were all between 50-70k USD, but the new GTR is more than double it.
in the end, the Corvette vs GTR thing doesn't matter.

thanks. My fever spiked at 102.4 but seems to be going down now.

Well that's fucking stupid. Why did Nissan sky rocket the price when they had an arguably better car than the z06 and it was priced competitively?

well the R34 had been out of production since 2002, the inline 6 wasn't emissions certified, and the R32/33/44 didn't meet US side impact protection standards.

So they developed an all new car, the current R35 GTR, basing it on the chassis of the V35 Nissan Skyline (Infiniti G35 in the USA), and then basing a new 3.8L V6 loosely on the VQ series V6's, and a small racing V8 Nissan did in the early to mid 90's.

And the R32/33/34 weren't better than the Corvette. Hell, it could be argued they were on-par with an SN95 Ford Mustang Cobra.

Then what the fuck is up with this ?

Is it seriously just shitposting material? I don't know much about z06 or gtr.

Ofc its just shitposting it always was its funny to laugh at GM's failures and I have a gm car I give no fucks

They probably weren't making much profit on them if at all at first and the first batch of cars were to draw interest only to increase the price gradually as they got themselves a small market for them. some say it was due to inflation but Corvettes are actually cheaper now than they use to be. (assuming you're talking about the the R35 when it came out)

Applying my armchair analysis but all cars cost a set amount of money to produce and the manufacturers usually charge above that to make the money back + extra.

I was told Porsche makes a HUGE profit margin on each 911 sold especially on their track models where i heard they even charge you to remove stuff for less weight. The 911R probably didn't cost them anything compared to what they made selling them as it was just a GT3 RS with a manual and no wing. gave them tons of publicity with "muh feels" sports car and quenched the thirst for manual 911s

>And the R32/33/34 weren't better than the Corvette.

Which Corvette? the C5 gen or C4? when the 964 came out it was obviously faster than a 32 and the C4 ZR1 was even faster than that.

>964

964 Turbo i mean.

>Which Corvette?
anything after the C3, so C4, and C5.

the c4 corvette is like the 928 or GTV autodelta
not very American in concept

Is a turbo LS7 the ultimate engine?

No. That would be Mercury Racing's upcoming DOHC 32 valve conversion for LS engines. They previewed it at SEMA in 2015 with a DOHC LS7 in a 1971 Plymouth Barracuda. pic related.

OP here. fever is down to 101.2
other people got sick at the party with the same thing. We did track it down to the kids, who had a bug going around their school.

mercuryracing.com/mercury-racing-reveals-sb4-7-0-automotive-crate-engine/

>Applying my armchair analysis but all cars cost a set amount of money to produce and the manufacturers usually charge above that to make the money back + extra.
That would be correct. No producer of any product ever charges just the cost of production. If they did, they wouldn't have money to pay labor and management or maintain capital and buy resources for production.

GM A SHIT!!!

oh look. A V6

Gm has made some cool shit

indeed

>cool
not really

Btfo

lol

fever is gone but my stomach is still in knots. 99.3 degrees.

My bolt on SS with chrome replicas

275's on all 4 corners, next will be BMR springs to get rid of that high speed understeer which is kinda scary but it's a really good cruiser.

nice.

thanks m8

I dig the wider meats up front

Not a fan of chrome, but the replicas look nice. Any plans to add the 1LE suspension kit?

chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts/1le-zl1.html

Owner here

Not so much, it's not a track day machine. I think I'd go full coilovers if I was gonna drop $1500 on suspension goodies. Thinking new springs, trailing arms, and lower control arms for better back road hooning balance. Might eventually do sways too but honestly the sways aren't the problem it's the overly soft rear spring rates that are good for hooking up but bad for weight transfer mid corner.

What's there to appreciate about Chevy? Ugly heavy cars? Shitty unreliable engines, or unrefined boring engines that are swapped into everything?

they are such a large umbrella its just a matter of time before one of the sub divisions did something cool and made the rest of the silos jealous

Just an update. I seem to be back to normal this morning.

Just look at all the projects GM killed to protect the Corvette.

>Chevy is all of GM

2007 ION Redline
>unwanted bastard child of the GM Performance division

>unwanted bastard child of the GM Performance division
What is the following:
>Pontiac Banshee
>Pontiac Firebird
>Pontiac Fiero
>Buick Regal T-type
>Buick Reatta
>Pretty much every fucking car Oldsmobile ever made

I seem to be back to normal this morning

What's your opinion about GM making the Daytona Prototypes great again? And this time around it has the 6.2 engine, not the neutered 5.5.