Is this a good jack? What kind of jack and jack stands do you guys use? I don't want to get crushed to death

Is this a good jack? What kind of jack and jack stands do you guys use? I don't want to get crushed to death.

m.costco.com/3-Ton-Professional-Grade-Aluminum-And-Steel-Service-Jack.product.100222458.html

Other urls found in this thread:

powerstationusa.com/about/
powerstationusa.com/brands/Arcan/product.php?mod=PFL3BB
forums.anandtech.com/threads/new-arcan-3-ton-aluminum-steel-hybrid-floor-jack-at-costco.2460128/
harborfreight.com/3-ton-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68048.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i use crafstman low profile jack and some random jackstands we've had for like 30 years. I prefer pin jack stands rather than lever.

Get jackstands. The jack really doesn't matter unless your car is stupidly low.

I just use one that my granddad had back in the 60's
I also use one my dad bought in the 90's

I think I should restore my Granddad's old one. It leaks oil and it's got about 4 different colours of paint on it from people trying to spraypaint it

bumping, i'm really tired of my shitty trolley jacks but i don't want some chinese shit from horror freight (or costco) and a low profile 3 ton jack for less than $110 with tax sounds great
anyone have any exp. with using OP's jack?
anyone ever heard of Arcan before?

see, I like the lever kind more than the pin, but my 2 ton stands with the lever from Kragen have 4 legs instead of 3 like my craftsmans with the pin which has more to do with my preference

Mine have both a lever and pin.

arcan is a part of Powerstation LLC
>Arcan: Professional quality shop equipment featuring our made in the USA shop presses. Arcan is a well known brand in the aftermarket that also supplies a variety of creepers, shop seats, tool storage/service carts, and lifting equipment (service jacks, jack stands, etc.) with the professional technician in mind.
powerstationusa.com/about/
they also make flashlight beat sticks
powerstationusa.com/brands/Arcan/product.php?mod=PFL3BB

I'm going to pull the trigger, people seem to really like these
it looks like the older 2.5 ton model Arcan that costco has been selling but a little lighter and an extra 1000lbs of lift
it seems like it has a lifetime warranty, no restrictions on tool returns at curseco, how can i go wrong?
>forums.anandtech.com/threads/new-arcan-3-ton-aluminum-steel-hybrid-floor-jack-at-costco.2460128/

I want one if these so bad. Just waiting on my next paycheck.

>mfw $500

>metal pad

That's actually gentler than the "rubber pad" ones. That's because the metal pad is fairly flat and thus provides support across the whole surface. The rubber pad ones are countersunk in the middle to provide room for the pad. Thus, the metal edges surrounding the pad are what provide a lot of support. This creates a higher stress at those contact points if the unibody car uses seam edges where the jack rests.

I agree but pictured pad is not very flat at all.

also op those are like 50 bucks wtf

>$500 for a jack
are u brain damaged

I've got a cheap Harbor Freight jack that I bought when I was low on cash and needed to get some work done. That was about 4 years ago and I haven't come up with a good reason to replace it because it does it's job just fine. It's this one: harborfreight.com/3-ton-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-68048.html

The only reason I might get something else is if I get a car that doesn't fit under. I had to jack up my mom's rental car to fix a flat when she was visiting and I literally rammed it past the plastic deflector to get it under the car.

I have 2 sets of lever jack stands and I can't complain about them either. they're holding up my truck right now while I replace the front axles. I Keep the tires laying under the frame rails as secondary support, but I've never been worried about crawling under anything.

I would suggest investing in something like an 18 volt impact, an air tool set up, or a good assortment of hand tools since those are currently my life savers on this project.

>fairly flat
>lip all around sticking up 1/2 inch proud

I had the craftsman branded one used in a home environment and it lasted about a year before the seals failed. The Daytona 3 ton jack at harbor freight looks like the best jack in that price range for $200. It's all steel so it weighs roughly twice as much, but theoretically should last much longer. The next tier above that would be a well made American floor jack for $400 +.

Quality products cost money. A basic wilton bullet bench vise is $300.

mine looks like op's but its black
imo they might all be made in the same factory

>actually buying horror freight jacks

never had a problem

Actually OP's pic looks exactly like the harbor freight jacks if it was blue.

>looks exactly like the hunan fart jacks
>no lip
>uses fewer big pig iron bots
>even in pic welds look like shit
no

I bought this meme piece of shit for my home from horrible fight.

It's great and actually fits under most cars built nowadays all the way to the subframe / diff in one go, but weighs a gorillion pounds.

The aluminum jacks are actually useful to bring out auto/rallycrossing and swap tires on because you can actually carry them around.

>it weighs a gorillion pounds
can help you.

>actually buying horror freight jacks
They're okay as long as you get jack stands under the car. I never trusted the harbor freight SEALS to not leak after a long period of being pressurized. You never know if after 30 minutes you hear a blubbering sound as an internal seal decides to leak due to the cold winter temp.