At a private yard I found an older 911S. Uncertain on the year...

At a private yard I found an older 911S. Uncertain on the year, but looking to get some information and possible insight in to the potential value of purchasing and reselling for parts/complete.

Obviously its repaint, with accident damage, and poor repair (fiberglass front quarter re-damaged), obvious serious rot damage as well. But some fenders a solid, decklids, floors pretty okay, fuchs there.

Let me know your thoughts? Lets keep this constructive. Thanks everyone!

Other urls found in this thread:

hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1966-porsche-911
bringatrailer.com/2014/10/29/running-rust-bucket-1969-porsche-911-s-project/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Does it have the engine/transmission? Do you know the owner? Have you talked to him about it?

>911S
There is definitely money to be made here, if you don't fuck up.

I've seen worse condition shells go for damn near $8k.

Buy it for scrap dollars, and sell it for profit.

that's a parts car obviously, but i'd still buy it. you'll be able to sell the engine for a bunch of cash and then sell the VIN/papers to car thieves for 5k or so which they'll use to put a stolen car on the road legally.

cuck

this is totally restore-able in vintage porsche land.
money to be made.

unless he ~know what he got~

take ur pills

FUCK EVERYONE TO DEATH

BUY THAT FUCKING CAR

ITS WORTH A SHITLOAD OF MONEY IN ANY SHAPE

THE FACT THAT IT HAS THAT PETINA MAKES IT HIGHLY DESIREABLE
IF YOU DONT FUCKIN BUY IT YOU BETTER TELL US WHERE IT IS SO I CAN

patina makes it better? wat
its a sports car not a rat rod

flipped for americans

if it was restored to perfect condition but the paint was left exactly as it is now it would be the only one of its kind in the world

>the mind of a stancefag

I'd buy this shit in a heartbeat. See if you can get your hands on it.

Nice pictures too though, these would be right at home an in abandoned car thread.

hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1966-porsche-911

its the S model so its worth more
the patina makes it special

It looks pretty fucked mate.
Okay maybe it IS worth something.

God it looks so sad. I think somehow it knows.

is OP for real?
besides the roof rust it looks pretty ok
is it complete?
plz restore it and become a legend OP

what you and many others in this thread dont under stand, that it is worth money in this condition

>65k buy it now
bringatrailer.com/2014/10/29/running-rust-bucket-1969-porsche-911-s-project/

this is a running version of what OP has with slightly less rust. going for 65k

I that car in WA?

So what's the yard owner looking to get for it? You know the second you show interest he'll fuck you as hard as he can.

"Patina" is okay when you're taking about surface rust, not holes in the roof. This thing is clearly too far gone to be a "survivor" car- you'd have to molest it just to make it safe to drive again.

OP, it has major potential for restoration even as a total rust bucket- as long as you're in it to finish it. You're gonna be deep in it and probably won't have a chance to make the money back until the car is done.

>not wanting OP to restore it
you're a faggot
I under stand that
what (You) don't understand is the power of "I know what i got"

Is the yard owner a retard since he doesn't know he has something valuable sitting there?

90 percent of people (even car people) don't know the value of that thing.

the other 10 percent know the value but don't know how hard it is to get that value out of the car, as evidenced by people saying JUST BUY IT AND FULLY RESTORE IT user YOU'LL COME OUT AHEAD.

OP YOU FAGGOT YOU BETTER UPDATE US

>OP last post 14 hours ago
>never replied to anyone

I wouldn't hold my breath.

He probably died

turn the keys on, see if it can start

update us

>Rare Vintage Porsche 911
>Looking for about $40,000
>Good mileage and very reliable
>Just needs a trim and a bit of an engine tweak
>No lowballers I know what I got

suggesting that a average joe try to "restore" a car that far gone is completely ridiculous

It would be an incredible challenge for even the best restoration shop, easily a $100k+ resto

The massive fucking hole in the roof is probably the worst we can see, and I can't overstate how difficult it would be to get the unibody 100% rust free, structurally sound and safe

I'm sure someone would pay up to ~35k for it if it has the matching drivetrain

I want to make "I know what I got", the opera.

>Act I: The junkyard
>singing boomers jerking off trying to work a crane
>accidentally lets go and car falls to ground several times
>each time they all at the same time sing "muh 100k" as the song transforms into "muh 150k? muh 200k!"

>Act II: shitstoration
>youtube channel style but it all rhymes as they have no idea why it won't start because it has no motor/anything and any time they can't figure it out, just repeat "muh 100k!"
>singing while typing out craigslist ads and gluing carpet all over the inside

>Act III: STUTTGART: "AHKNOWUTTIGARTT"
>singing the most retarded anti-sales in history
>sales end quicker and quicker as they just invite people and as they show up just immediately scream "FECK OFF" before they even say anything

>Act IV: Civic, 2002
>gets destroyed by commuter cars made in the last 15 years
>owner rages and runs a red light and gets t-boned

>Act V: The bank
>nobody at the bank gives a shit that a bunch of losers think some piece of shit is worth "muh 200k!"
>insurance claim isn't paid to expectation
>uses $400 claim to buy a gun and kill himself
>body ends up in the junkyard from Act I and becomes the porsche

Where did i say that i didnt want him to restore? I pointed out thst its worth money in any condition and he shouldnt pass up on it just because it looks like shit. I mean, he can restore and sell it for what he put into it, at the very least

that car is worth a profit if it can be had for under 30k

a frame off resto would run around 40-50k

the average market price for a normal one is around 100k if you have all the origional engine tranny and driveline
how many miles are on it?

Just out of total curiosity, I recall a previous thread with a destroyed 60s/70s porsche 911 shell saying that it was worth money just to get the legit VIN. How much is one of the vins worth? what do people do with vins from destroyed cars?

You'd be basically forced to build a brand new car. OE parts are going to be insanely hard to source and retarded expensive. The taillights alone are worth a cheap shitbox.

I enjoyed this. Thanks

>probably won't have a chance to make the money back until the car is done.
tbqh if I was going to dump money into restoring a car like this, I'd probably just get attached to it and keep it.

>what do people do with vins from destroyed cars?

A VIN from a 70's Porsche, you say?
>YFW there's an entire movie about this sort of thing