What does Veeky Forums think of the Volvo V90 Cross Country? Never really considered a wagon before this

What does Veeky Forums think of the Volvo V90 Cross Country? Never really considered a wagon before this

If I had to get a wagon, that's the one I'd get at least tbqh.

looks a bit high
but i get that's kinda the appeal of the cross country version

i think this one looks better and i been in one it's pretty nice

I've always been a fan of the Merc E wagons. They are a bit expensive though.

>bit expensive
>$143K

Its a shame that its going to have to fight its big brother, the XC90, for the same customer group

The AMG package almost triples the price but what's the point of buying it if you aren't going to get the biturbo V8?

Looks beautiful but the "4cylinders only" cucketry ruins it.
Even a pure electric version would be more acceptable. I'm so sick of 4cylinders.

Into the fucking trash it goes.

I figured that v/xc were basically trim levels.

disappointed with their new engines desu

Too much ride height. I'm tired of wagons being dressed up like SUV's, making something handles that worse but still can't be a serious off-roader. The other week I watched Motorweek and they were talking about the new Volkswagon Golf Sportwagon all-trac or some shit (really just a slightly lifted Golf Sportwagon). The woman reviewing it was raving about how well it does "off-road" while driving along a glass-smooth compacted rock road that I could have easily driven down in any normal family sedan. Fucking Bullshit.

I want a v90 polestar to be released so bad.

The cross country is a bit high but that's because it's the cross country. The regular v90 is normal

Also why don't regular car companies make wagons anymore? Why is it only hatches?

Wait for the regular V90 to come out next year.

It lacks the ugly plastic going around the car and feels like less of a crossover.

Mercedes is making this thing.

IDK, I feel like the Volvo is less feminine in its aesthetic.

>chinese company buys volvo
>basically money-hats them, "here's a check for a shitload, do what you want"
>they make fucking gorgeous cars with really weird engines

couldn't have asked for a better outcome
but that interior and exterior design language is so fuckin good

New C30 when?

>really weird engines

What's "weird" about using LITERALLY THE SAME FUCKING ENGINE IN EVERY DAMN CAR?

Seriously, the only difference is in the programming of the ECU.

a twincharged 4 cylinder is strange no matter how you look at it.
but damn that torque curve dude, it's not even a curve anymore since its so falt

Nigga wat?

Yeah, I guess they're about to reach physical limits to what is possible with internal combustion engines.
Seems like they'll make it JUST IN TIME since electric cars also seem to come together really nicely already and almost synchronized.

V40 replaced the C30. It just got a facelift but underneath it's still a last-gen Focus.

Government regulations make engineers do weird things.

I dunno if Polestar will do much more than they have with the 90 series. I think that they'll continue releasing 60-series Polestars, while others will get Polestar Performance Optimisation trim levels. I really hope that I can land a V60 Polestar in Swedish Racing Green when they come out with the all-new models next year.

It's the Mjolnir front and the sculpted edges on the rear. It's very masculine but not obnoxious or angry. It's just STRONK. Whoever penned it is some kind of automotive design god.

Tesla just poached Volvo's long-time director of interior engineering so Teslas will finally get non-shitty interiors.

What is the point in Cross Country/Allroad?
Why not get a crossover?

Same reason the Audi Allroad still exists. It's for dudes who want a luxomobile that's more capable for light off-road use but don't want a bitch barge

It's already better than a suv but you're still half a cuck if you don't get the more elegant original version.

Then you get the regular V90, the Cross Country is supposed to be jacked up

What if you want to to occasionally go to places other than mall parking lots?

Why do you need a slightly lifted suspension and plastic tacked on to traverse a gravel road?

It's for steeper grades

Yes because that's the perfect vehicle for rock crawling. Face it the cc version can't do much more than the regular wagon.

>the only roads that exist are flat roads and the Rubicon trail
Nigger

you know you're not forced to buy the top spec car, right?

the plastic bit are easier to replace if damaged
and the audi's have quattro

258 torques at 1500rpm. Can I put it in my Miata?

never ever and it hurts

XC70 is better

Also, concept coupe, WHEN DAMN IT!?

No one is forced to but there isn't a point in buying it if you're not going to spec it out.

>XC70 is better

Why

LOL what kind of "steep grades" user? I promise you 2 inches of extra ride height does very little to increase approach and departure angles. I've driven my stock-as-fuck Legacy wagon on some seriously rutted dirt roads and never scraped, I highly doubt anyone that actually needs a crossover wouldn't be better served by a real truck.