Was pre-Islamic Persia an offshoot of Babylonian civilization?

Was pre-Islamic Persia an offshoot of Babylonian civilization?

It's the classic case of a remote warrior culture conquering a highly educated, highly cultured, wealthy society and absorbing so much of the culture of that land that the motifs of the culture they conquered is more prevalent than their original culture.

Like the Mongols and the Chinese
The Mongols and the Persians
The Vikings and the Saxons
The Ostrogoths, Visigoths, Lombards, and Suebi
The Romans
Muslims

By the fall of the Sassanids, "Persia" as a civilization was focused and centered on Mesopotamia and basically became an extension of Mesopotamian culture all the way up until the Arab conquests.

That doesn't apply to the Sassanid's. Arguably the Achaemenids. That's mainly architecture and cuneiform anyway.

Zoroastrian was an offshoot of Indo-European paganism

>Zoroastrianism was an offshoot of Indo-European paganism.
No it wasn't. If your line of thought is because Iranians are Indo-Europeans and therefore, since Zoroaster was an Indo-European Iranian/Persian who developed his religion, that really doesn't follow.

No the actual Gathas are proven to have been rooted in Indo-European mythology.

I'm on celly right now but I'll post links later

Indo-Iranian mythology yes, in the form of conceptual influence sure. Does that translate to a relation being seen as a actual "offshoot" of paganism? No.

Fair enough. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

Sorry!

No problem dude.

more or less yes, they're basically what romans to greeks are

Persians in general borrowed as much from Assyrians as they did Babylonians. In fact even before they became empire builders, Iranians may have gotten their Nowrooz and other current surviving pre-Islamic traditions from Babylonians but Babylonians specifically are only one of two or three major influences on them. Like the Romans, they borrowed a lot from the cultures they conquered.

This ^

No

Not much is known about the origins of the Persians, all that's known is that they were the nomadic cousins of the Medes and were spring-boarded into a regional superpower with the rise of Cyrus the Great. However they were influenced by the Babylonians as were many other civilizations in the region.

Don't forget the Seljuk Turks and the Byzantines

>No much is known about the origins of the Persians
We actually know a shit ton of the origins of Indo-Iranians in general. Part of Andronovo culture of Indo-Europeans who came from Eurasia out of the Caucasus region into the Iranian plateau, how for the most part they split between sedentary and pastoral lifestyles while others (Scythians/Saka/Sarmatians/Parni/Dahae/etc..) stayed within the steppes to be fully nomadic.

Oh and we know they loved their horses and war chariots a fuck ton.

>Caucasus region
No.

You completely missed the point I'm not talking about Indo-Iranians I'm talking about the Persian tribe specifically.

The persian tribes real name is arratoi or arrati

Yes.

We know plenty about the Persians origins and history. Its the Kurds who are the most ambiguous when it comes to origins.

*arratti

What about the Baloch and Caspian Iranics?
I mean I know that the Lurs are meme kurds

Lurs are meme Kurds how?

Lurs are archaic persians

What?

I wish I had an iranian gf

Their language is qute archaic and the closest living language to old persian

Their very close to the Persians since their physical proximity as well as language are closer to both Middle Persian aka Pahlavi and Modern/New Persian but I think that any connection is closer to Old Persian which is pretty different from Middle or New Persian.