Any of you fags have experience with auxiliary lighting? I'm looking for some lights for my street car...

Any of you fags have experience with auxiliary lighting? I'm looking for some lights for my street car. Something with some throw and not a lot of spill on the ground, something that will be useful at higher speeds.

Was looking at these: kchilites.com/light-type/led/gravity-led/4-x6-gravity-led-pair-pack-system-kc-711-spread-beam.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WDkOBMx1HsI
auxbeam.com/driving-light/70019546
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I put a pair of those generic big ol' round ones on my explorer, but that was more for darker woods than anything on the road. Easy enough to set up and wire, just dont shit wire it. Send power through a fuse AND relay. And get some good grounds to it from the frame. It will be worth the extra time, trust me.

RI light bars.

Also, sometimes there will be pictures of the beam pattern a set of aux lights throws, see if you can find it before you buy, so you know how far and wide the light goes. Or someone on youtubes probably made a night video "reviewing" them, because everybody needs to review everything nowadays.

What car? Why do you need more light on the street?

A 20'' Hypersport from them would work fine.

If op is poor, auxbeam makes a 14" 8 degree spot beam bar that works well too.

They're over my budget a bit. And from what I've seen with led bars they have a very circular pattern and put a lot of light on the ground.

I found a vid and I like the beam pattern youtube.com/watch?v=WDkOBMx1HsI

>auxbeam
I'll look into those. thanks

Why do you need more light? Do you live in the middle of nowhere?

Yeah. Roads with no lights and animals trying to cross them.
I want to throw some light far ahead on the road and also to the sides a bit. If I could do that with a single pair of lights, or bar, then that would be great.

I think OP wants to do this

+1 for hella, only ones I've ever owned and they're fine. KC is definitely a bit higher priced, but whatever floats your dick. Be sure to check your local laws on driving lights, they do look aesthetic but are illegal in some areas.

IDK if that shit's dot legal

What area are you trying to see - the far road or the closer parts of the roads edge/forests edge?

who makes those round led arrays?

Yay or gay?
auxbeam.com/driving-light/70019546

ebay

"7 inch round headlight LED"

Tons of manufacturers make them; from Jiang-Len Xiao in his backalley Shanghai shop to god-tier Rigid

Look around. Ebay will probably get yoy the best prices, although I'll say this - you get what you pay for

They look alright - 5w is good, and I hear positive things about Auxbeam. Still, it doesnt say what type of lens

when people waste money on trashy shit like this for their fucking piece of shit car it makes me sad that they are so fucking stupid

ayyo I herd u like lights

ok

I want to put two 8"-ish aux lights on my FC for the touge.

Pencil or flood or what? My high-beams do okay on their own but I normally want more range. And I commute at about 5 AM every day on empty highways, so a lot of throw might be nice there...

I wired my brothers wackermobile, for visibility i like hellas been using them for years.

Why do you think you need them for regular road driving?