Ford should slash the price in half, and build ten times as many. The market is absolutely there

Ford should slash the price in half, and build ten times as many. The market is absolutely there.

Why would they care that they sell a lot if they lose money?

>hurr they should make a ton of these supercars and sell them for half the price of the competition
>they'll sell tons!

they've dumped so muchmoney into this shit v6 thing that they cant afford to sell it for less

It's a fucking F-150 engine with forged internals, how expensive can it be?

t. gm's marketing team

that would be stupid as hell

>slash
plz don't use that word around ford

>Ford GT for 220k
>now competes with Huracan, 488 GTB, NSX, 570S/GT, GT3, R8, but offers the performance of a 675LT

What's dumb about that?

>what is exclusivity?
That's the only reason why it's actually selling.

There were 6506 serious applications for this car. Even if they were *only* as exclusive as a Lamborghini, they'd still have no issue selling a couple thousand of them.

The fact that over 4000 Ford GT's (last gen) were sold for 150k proves you wrong.

>Ford
>the market is absolutely there

The problem is that a Ford badge doesn't have the same pull as Lamborghini. Dropping the price, and making it less exclusive will only shoot themselves in the foot. Slight rarity is the only thing this gen of Ford GT has.

Why did so many people buy the last Ford GT then? It sold almost as many as the Gallardo.

Well gawrsh, Mickey, I bet if they cut the price down to $100 and made a billion of them, nobody on earth would buy anything else!

Note to Ford stockholders: I'm available to be the new CEO, please consider me.

i'm sorry but seeing a ford gt on the street is so much more pleasing to me than a doucheborghini

Not for normies

Exactly,the key here is holding value down the road. They're not gonna pull a hellcat and fuck their customers over.

I just had a thought

Ford got Michelin to make a special compound (stickier version of the Cup 2) for the GT350R to make it go faster. Will they be putting the same special tires on this too?

Would they become like mustangs then just a dime a dozen dont even look twice anymore??

But one of the main reasons so many applied was to be one of the 250 a year, if they knew thousands would have the car, the amount of applicants would shrink drastically.
>but what about people who didn't apply because they thought they had no chance?
fuck off, even the wealthy buy lottery tickets.
I don't think that matters besides benchracing tenth of a second stock track numbers. If whoever's buying it is serious about performance they'll stick Trofeos on it.

To normies anything that looks like a supercar is either a Ferrari or a Lambo. No other company makes supercars to them

this. A ford gt drops jaw because it "looks" expensive. Mclarens do the same, despite not being a ferrari or lamborghini

Because it's a godmachine compared to this gen?

is the joke that the gash looks shooped in?