homph.com/steam

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627
Recommended Filters: pastebin.com/KQztCGbw

Repostan
We should make an AGDG LD sooner or later
>people suggest a theme anonymously to a host
>one week from the start date, the host posts a poll with the theme suggestions he received, but one that doesn't show the results
>the theme gets revealed on the start day
>2-3 days long

>It's called a jam and we already have those. The only difference is that we know what's the topic going to be.
Except
>Jams last from 7 to 30 days
>the theme is decided in advance
>the poll's votes are public
>the theme suggestions are public

Well, I guess we could give it a chance at least once to see how it turns out.

What progress are you planning on achieving through the thread's uptime?

workan on that tile editor

ok. host it you fag, see how many people show up

Learn

is the guy making that cool game in black and white still around?
i've been busy and missed some weeks

Some UI work and a couple of models. If I manage, I'd like to make some actual gameplay progress too, bur we'll see.

Kyoufu no Sekai? Yes.

>that cool game in black and white
which one?

Pic for illustrative purposes. I'm not him btw.

Fixing my stat management.

plan out and start modelling an entertaining demo level structure for demo day

progress, made scriptable objects that contain SQL rows that can be inserted at runtime. Y-yay content creation tools...

Input for a fixed timestep loop, basic rendering, maybe some cleaning.

just how wrong that post is is really stressin' me out

>SQL at runtime
I hope I'm misunderstanding.

Changing how webpages are parsed for places to add in SQL results. Its going to be a json object in the HTML that says which db, table, columns etc to pull in. Maybe add an option to add text from another file, rather than putting everything in the SQL?

Why do people write stuff like this? are they stupid

what the shit nigger

yes, thank you

Its retrieved via a browser so its already got a baseline for slowness :^)

but what I mean is, theres an SQLite database that holds certain content like the body of news articles, so when an event happens in the game and there's supposed to be an article about it, it does the INSERT INTO [...] things based on the scriptable object data, so when the player goes to the news page, the news page will pull from the SQL database to populate the article list

fug

Your post was already deleted kiddo. You're replying to strikethroughs.

why the fuck did you reply to him, now he's just going to call you reek

It doesn't really matter if reek calls other people reek. Reek will still always be his name.

Udemy.com/blendertutorial 15 bux y/n?

Thank god that post was deleted. We don't need that kind of wrongness and idiocy plagueing our general. No Full Sail dropout trash for us! Hear that, reek? NO (You)s FOR YOU!

Okay reek.

>there is someone in this thread, right now, who unironically believes you can turn static lights on and off

You don't know the half of it. It's literal insanity. :^)

is there a thing the shitposter spams thats actually incorrect

>it was you and you literally can't let it go that people laughed at you being wrong about static lights
>you're literally insane and this 'you hurt my fee fees prepare to be shitposted for eternity' routine is familiar for anyone who spends more than a few days here
>you think you're "false flag" shitposting people who were correct about you being a nodev, or being stupid about math, or any number of things that cause you do to this
>mfw you've literally never made a game in your life and will never improve

Don't bully people for asking questions. That is half the point of these threads, moron.

>you can turn static lights on and off
Are you serious? That's some nextlevel wrongthink.

>le juss multiply it bruh
Did this nigger even pass grade school, let alone Full Sail?

but that's correct...

Define 'static'. Mostly it just means it doesn't have a runtime cost approaching that of dynamic lights. Dynamic lights has it's own definition that isn't just 'not-static'.

You can turn them on and off depending on your engine. It might mean you load and unload the baked lighting textures for example.

>monkeys face when

Thats enough agdg for today.
When youre done posting just remember that ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Explain how you can turn a static light on and off, then, Reek. :)

I like your style.

>he
>LITERALLY
>posted
>THIS

Lol. What a fucking clown. Honk Honk. :^)

you can turn off the baked lightmap, static and dynamic lights don't work the same, dynamic lights are usually just projected textures

you can't move or change them because they're prebaked during the compiling process

>dynamic lights are usually just projected textures
Well, this is wrong, I will give him that.

Literally wrong. Literally no game. Literally insane. All you. Literally you.

>""people"" who think you can toggle static lights

if you want to convert a 0 to 1 color value to a 0 to 255 color value you multiply it by 255 and round the result.

are you faggots seriously critizing someone for assuming the round part was common sense enough not to mention?

learn to 4chanx, this thread looks clean as fuck to me

You are wasting your life shitposting on a thread where on average people join for a few months and then leave.

I can never understand this guys shitposts
is it a bot? the posts don't seem like they're written by a human

Deep breaths reek. Plenty of time yet to be literally insane for 2017 as well. 2 more years! 2 more years!

thanks for the idea, maybe I'll write a shitposting bot to join in the fun

but its thursday. are you so literally insane and literally drunk that youve forgotten what day of the week it is? lol.

>on average people join for a few months and then leave.
Not him. He's like that guy who never actually reaches adult intelligence, slightly mentally retarded, just hangs around establishments for years and years because he likes to be around people who are doing things. Making loud noises for attention to feel like he matters. That's suckfam for you.

>I can never understand
It's because you are literally insane :^)

It is just autism and being dumb. Remember the weird kid in your class? They are on the internet.

How do you fail to understand maths this badly? Fucking lmao son

Its not autism or being dumb. Its just someone who likes feeling important by being disruptive. Hopefully they'll see that its hard to create a community and easy to destroy it, and maybe feel guilty about it some day.

What a pitiful person.

That would be the case if they ever grew bored of it like a normal person. But they have been doing it for years(?) now.

It is not even the shitposting that bothers me. It is how sad it is.

Don't forget to take a break for Christmas

Properly planning your holidays is important

You know how to fix this.

1 year 3 months of source posting. There's no telling how long he's been fixating on other things here.

Shill more

he used to shitpost about other shit too like LLCs so it's been longer than that

Federal governments don't take your kind of behavior lightly, Reek.

Maybe a year or a year and a half. Its not some "ancient AGDG lore" or anything.

Its advanced trolling IMO, especially the "look how wrong he is!" about something thats correct. Can't wait to see that tactic used against FB normies or clickbait headlines. And theres also the notion of constructing a narrative by samefagging it until newbs think its normal because they keep hearing it. Its innovative, I just wish they didn't do it here so much.

Then again, its our own fault for
>not installing a third party filtering plugin
>not reporting it
>not ignoring it

I know for certain he's been ideaguying here forever. He always gets posts IP deleted for being a shitter and you see that he was in all kinds of conversations just talking out of his ass about things like game design theories and wildly speculating about IDEs and engines that he's never used but still feeling the need to post about it. It's embarrassing.

>all this silence from Reekpham now that we're getting the police involved
He must really be scared. I guess something really is up. Something he's going to go away for.

Lol. You're mostly right but are you honestly saying that there is ANYTHING correct about or because if you are you are just as bad as him.

It really is sad. Just look at posts like pic related. He really believes the shit he writes. Pathetic.

I'd tell him not to quit his day job but he is literally a runaway posting from his mom's cellphone, so.....

It's like watching a wild animal try to trick people.

Made me kek

source > unity because you can switch the static lights on and off

Wow. Someone is actually going to be put away in prison because of /agdg/. That's legitimately thrilling and hilarious.

>tfw firefox and no 4chanX

why are there two threads? i'm confused about where to shitpost. should i just do both?

Install greasemonkey?

Supposedly you shitpost in this one and have legitimate discussions in the other.

Getting my new art assets into the game, which involves making a new custom texture to load textures and then apply palettes and then layers all the sprites and all that crazy shit,, but I want to look at my walk nw/ne animation because I feel it's fuckin' balls. I'm not really feeling like devving though, but I'm pushing through it.

>he's fully scared now
We've made the calls. They're going to come for you if you don't stop. Stay scared. It's good for us. Maybe not you though. :)

>15$

fuck i'd have loved to buy that, it's currently €195

>buying tutorials
literally worse than full sail

Fucking australians. When will they ever stop shitposting

>he's posted about this multiple times
>and been wrong about it every time

What a fucking clown. A sad clown though, haha. Honk Honk. :)

i really don't think so. i bought a couple webdev tutorials from udemy a while back and they were great. $15 for that much content would have been a steal.

Man, being made fun of for wanting to go to game design college really got to you. I'll pray for you.

We have the power to end them.

I told you bullying was bad but you didn't listen

Says the Full Sail Shitposter. Where is your game? Oh, that's right. Two years and still not even a shadow of a game. You never even planned to make a game. Why are you here in my game dev thread if you're not a game dev? Just get out. Maybe you'll be better prepared for the surprise coming your way if you do. :o)

I worked on the eyes today, which does AGDG like the best?

Devs are in the other thread

You could just pay 0$ and look up similar tutorials on youtube, or just RTFM and practice

1) NOT CUTE
2) seems too detailed
3) seems not detailed enough

My vote is for 3 (far right), though.

サード

Heavenly father please heal this nodev of his anger. Help him to forgive us for asking him where his game is and not being impressed with his source mod junk. Help him to actually just like make game before he wastes his entire life being a bitter lunatic poser who never does anything except force himself into the space of creative people and leech their attention. Amen.

You're right I'll post there too
We are leaning towards #3 as well
そうじゃない