/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

The old thread, bumped to autosage by anons, is now home only to lorefags: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

PURGE FILTH

first for memes

I'LL RAPE THE DOLL AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME

IM WAY AHEAD OF YOU

I TEST THE KNIFE DAMAGE WITH THE DOLL EVERYTIME I ENTER THE DREAM

4th for maria a shit

i would please gherman for free

P O S T
C U T E
A Y Y S

>old man

y u r i e i s a c u t i e

u

r

i

e

i

s

a

c

u

t

i

e

It seems like there is a subconscious desire of our collective conscious recently to be interested in ayyliems.

Why is that?

we are atracted to the unknow
we like to sexualice stuff
there

earth girls are fucking trash

why does it take so fucking long for the "Nightmare Slain" to appear after killing Mergo's wet nurse?

it only appears once infant mergo stops crying

Because you need to wait for Mergo to die. The Wet Nurse sustained him.

is the hunter axe the best PvE weapon overall?

no the cleaver is

No. Saw Cleaver, Spear, Whirligig Saw, and Church Pick are all better.

the axe is ez mode
the cleaver has more dps if you know how to use it

Not serrated and 0 Thrust attacks so no. It's great but there are better options for PvE.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the satisfying impacts of the Kirkhammer.

it is probably the most versatile. Highest rally potential, not that slow, stuns easily, huge range with the tricked version, varied moveset, and the tricked charged R2 is something else, especially for cheesing hunter enemies. You will not run into an encounter where most other weapons would do better.

I am so upset that the hammer does not do more damage when tricked, LBH is literally superior in every way but I goddamn i love the moveset and look of the hammer.

>does not do more damage when tricked
Are you kidding? Get a Heavy Abyssal and 2x 27.2 gems and that thing will hit like an absolute truck, dude. Even in PvP you can see 900+ damage with a single hit on counterhits.
Slotting a single Heavy Abyssal into STR weapons with low scaling values amps up their damage far, far more than a third 27.2 would.

>27.2% gems
For tricked, 32.6% Blunt gems work far better.

Yes, but like the Chikage, blunt gems only work on a specific form. The Kirkhammer's sword form is well and truly worth using due to the contrasting speed. It adds a lot of versatility to the weapon in PvE and PvP situations. A good weapon is a versatile one.

Of course, I'm not saying "don't use blunt gems", I'm just saying that it's not always the wisest course of action to "lock" yourself to using one form of a weapon exclusively.

Blame Miyazaki for being a sucker for great swords.

Excuse me /bbg/, do you have a moment to talk about our Blood-starved Lord and Savior?

Why do we only encounter one BSB during the main game?(not counting dlc or chalices)
Why is one hung there and where are the rest???

there is... another

If you were infected with the beast plague, what kind of beast would you want to be?

Post and rate/bully hoontahs

nevermind, I didn't catch that you said not counting the DLC

BSB is a normal non-respawning enemy there

not in the waking world though

is that bayonetta/10

nice to see someone model their hunter after my grandmother

10/10 all details on point, right down to the dorky 1960s eyeglasses

>user's grandmother looks like Bayonetta
Neat

>be cleric
>the hunt begins and you hide in the church with other survivors
>people start turning into beasts
>you also turn slowly but it's somehow different, stronger
>the city is on fire
>hunters start beating the door
>they are there for you
>tell others to hide
>the door comes down
>the transformation starts and you explode into a beast
>the hunters are too strong but you distracted them so the people could live
>they strap you there alive to assert their might
>years later and the citizens pray to your corpse as to show humanity amongst beasthood

Tomb guardian WITH A FUCKING FLAIL

I've played through the game five times but there's still one thing I don't really understand (maybe I missed something somewhere)

What determines what kind of beast someone transforms into? The amount of blood they consume / use for blood ministration? The rarity / quality of they blood they use? How little insight / how prone to beasthood they are?

This is the description of the Sword Hunter Badge dropped by Cleric Beast:
One of the badges crafted by the Healing Church.
The silver sword is a symbol of a Church hunter.

Ludwig was the first of many Healing Church hunters to
come, many of whom were clerics. As it was, clerics
transformed into the most hideous beasts.

I don't recall any other mention of variations in the beast transformation

It's probably dictated by the kind of person you are/were, which is why Healing Church clerics turned into some of the most monstrous ones.
The average Yharnamite would turn into stuff like the Beast Patiences and Scourge Beasts.

It's mentioned somewhere, though I forget where, that the harder one resists the scourge, the more grotesque and powerful a beast you become. It's why Ludwig ended up as monstrous as he did. He fought for so long, clung to his humanity with his guiding moonlight as an anchor, and when he finally succumbed, well... We all know how he turned out.

clerics turned into biggest beasts in this game because they were the biggest blood junkies of them all, being that they were a part of the church itself

The greater your will to resist beasthood, the more fucked up a beast you become. The vast majority of people don't have the willpower to resist for long, so they become regular beasts. Only a select few turn into things like BSB.

As for why there's a dead one hanging in the church could be anyone's guess. Personally, I don't think the beast patients are responsible for having killed it, as they are not hostile towards the BSB in the Hunter's Nightmare. It doesn't make much sense for humans to put a nasty beast right in one of their churches either. Perhaps it was slain by a hunter during the purge of Old Yharnam, and later on the surviving beasts found the body and hung it up in the church to be worshiped.

>kos(m) has the Mistral hair
What did FROM mean by this?

>that webm
>people will never mod BB to make the bosses playable like with the Souls games
fuck

How long does it take for the Chikage's slow poison to kill the Fucking Crow of Cainhurst?

>people will never mod BB
Give it a few years and wait for the PS4 to get hacked.

Just lead him to the doors, he cant exit the Cathedral, so he will be stuck in a aggro loop at the doors

Does anyone have the arcane asshole guide on them?

Chikage inflicts Rapid Poison, not the Slow variant. Rapid Poison functions the same as bleed did in previous games, tearing a big chunk out of the enemy's HP so fast that it seems like a single hit.

He probably meant the self-damage

Check the OP

Everything really is in the OP my man

Never gonna happen. Crowsteel's AI was fixed a while back so that it almost never uses the tricked form when on low HP.

Thanks mates

Anyone available to help me with Ludwig? Low level and trying for his sword. Ringing at the fog. Pass:

bbg

>Just went into NG+

If you're willing to wait, I could quick kill Amelia and sprint for the fog, but if you get someone else willing to help, don't wait up.

Ringing there now

Back to this game after a 4 month hiatus, started on a fresh character and I am just bad at it now.

Fun as fuck but I keep getting dumb deaths. Probably partly due to the fact I picked saw cleaver for the first time and I'm unfamiliar with the move set.

Anywho, recommend me a dex weapon gents! Preferably one I can get early on. I'm probably gonna kill Eileen after Henryk for those sweet blades and awesome yellow cloak

Cool, ringing now.

Thanks anyway! Don't rush it, my man.

I really like the Beasthunter Saif. Can suicide run through the first DLC area and get it early.

Still ringing? PSN might be shit tonight.

You just have to kill Amelia for that right?

Yeah I'm still ringing, password connections often take ages to start up

You can pick up the Saw Spear in the Yharnam sewer area, it's basically the skill Saw Cleaver and also sort of a better weapon. Threaded Cane, too, is very good crowd control.

The DLC, however, has the best Skill weapons, one of which can be found very early on, the Beasthunter Saif.

Yup

Not the first guy, but also ringing at Ludwig's Fog
pass is bbg

Password matching is suffering

Still ringing, guys. Don't know what's taking so long.

You fags do have your region set to worldwide right?

Make sure your matching region is set to worldwide, and if it still takes a while, sometimes resetting the PS4 helps.

Wich is better if I want to use Holy Moonlight Sword and the wheel, 50 str and 25 ARC or vice-versa?

Depends if you want to use Hunter Tools and moobeams/revving. 50/25 is superior on the Phys side, but 25/50 is a bit more versatile from my experience.

FUCK, my VIT is so goddamn low. Fucking one shotted. Ringing again.

Ugh. This ARC build is true suffering. If you've got other stuff to do tonight you don't have to stick around, my friend.

I'd Kos her Kosm

I am just getting bitch made tonight. Sorry man.

If it makes you feel any better, when I started this build a few days ago, I had to summon help because I, too, had ten vitality.

I'm gonna ring until one of three things happen: I run out of insight, people get tired, or he goes down.

Come join Moon-blind Uriel in slaughtering Ludwig! Password is bbg. Fun never ends.

God fucking damn it all. I've killed this boss two dozen times and I'm still fucking up. Ugh.

I hate this boss god fuck

I'm with you, brother. I'm just gonna call it for tonight, getting frustrated which just makes me more sloppy. I really appreciate the help. Need a hand with anything? I'll swap over to my good character.

I got three insight left so, three more tries for me

All right.

&/#+:_%2$6(8

What's a good amount of VIT for a pure ARC build?

What level are you guys? This character is pretty high level and the downscaling is super harsh. It'd probably go better if I switch to a lower level character.

If you're talking about us going after Ludwig, I'm 44.

40-50 like any other build.

I'm 30. Guess I should go and level up then

Alright, switching character. This will hopefully go much smoother, seeing as he has better gems, too.

No need, you're right in range of being able to summon my lower level build without downscaling. Unless you want to level up, which certainly wouldn't hurt.

sure im omw if you're still ringing

I am!