/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
IOSU+Kernal Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card coming Christmas:youtu.be/Pke0kalpoBU
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/192
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-into-wii-vc-on-wii-u.451210/
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/7:-vWii-Modding
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ps4 soon?

Is FreeShop not working for anyone else? Mine starts to load then closes with an error message and resets my 3ds.

Explaining this as if you literally don't know anything about the 3DS or how it works, it's way more technical than this but it gets the point across:

When you boot your 3DS, it boots FIRM0, which is your firmware. With A9LH installed, when you boot your 3DS, the first thing it does is boot arm9loaderhax.bin which is located on your SD card, or if it can't detect an SD card, then a minimal CFW stored on your NAND. 99% of the time, arm9loaderhax.bin is a CFW, either Luma or Corbenik, and 1% of the time, it's Decrypt9 or a boot animation that links to a CFW.

So lets say you go full retard and purposely brick your sysNAND. Well, you can easily restore it with a NAND dump you made before because the first thing your 3DS does is boots a file off your SD card. Another staple of A9LH is that it can never be removed by Nintendo because of how it works.

If you're still using MenuHax + a CFW booter, that's fine. I just want you to know that you are running old as shit, antiquated software that nobody is supporting, and if it's still working in 2016, it's not because of the advancements of homebrew, but DESPITE the advancements of homebrew. It's like running ZSNES, you just don't do that shit anymore unless you're super stubborn and too lazy to fix it.

i literally just used it 5 mins ago to download hyrule warriors

From last thread:
>it probably means theres gonna be a new cache soon. try in an hour or so.

Hmm, so I somehow fucked something up

HEY YO HELP A NIGGA OUT FAMILIA

Does the vita still cause save data to become corrupt after leaving it in sleep mode? I used maidump to install games not sure if thats relevant

What's your best A9LH speedrun time from what version, /hbg/?

I can install A9LH into a 10.7 3DS in 1 hour and 2 hours for 11.0+.

How important is it to update A9LH?

Something weird happened.

I'm at the Section V of the 3ds guide where it says "Select the FBI injectable .app for your region" but it just shows the hs.app I just created, none of the FBI region things appear.

Is the NAND you dump from dgTool the same NAND you get from Decrypt9?

its not unless everyone tells you too.
keeping luma updated is much more important.

if menuhax works for you and you have no interest in a9lh just keep using it

I already have a9lh. Just wondering if I should ever update it since there is a Update a9lh guide on 3ds.guide.

Having a problem with Freeshop. I set it to auto update for titlekeys, and I restart Freeshop to download them, but it freezes on "loading games" and just crashes. Tried deleting freeshop folder multiple times, hasn't worked once. Anybody got any solutions?

It's happening to me too on all of my 3DSs. Hope the people I sold A9LH 3DSs to don't get pissed off.

Oh then not really. just keep updating luma. so far the only big a9lh update has been letting you boot without the sd card in. if your version of a9lh has that then dont bother.

Help please, I'm getting scared

How can I get my R4 to work on my hacked 3DS? Works flawlessly on my DS, but 3DS gives an error or doesn't even recognize the cartridge.

ntr launcher

TWL loader

can you test it now to see if it's still working?

Freeshop is fucking cancer.

I'm trying to inject Pokemon Prism in my 2DS but I'd like to add the border in pic related
Is it possible? I left it as it is and when it loaded in my 2DS it didn't show
Do I need to select another screen size?

Oh fug youre right its not working. glad i got to download what i wanted before it did this shit

Is it possible to completely hide this page from Wiiflow?
I just want to toggle between wii/gc/vc/emu's

If I restore my NAND with Hourglass9, would I be able to do another System Transfer immediately or do I still need to wait out the 7 day limit?

it doesnt let you scroll through with the directional pad?

No.

I just did this as well and have the same problem.

Are you holding select when booting it up?

The .app is right there and it isn't appearing when I select the “Health&Safety Inject” option

RIP freeshop

when going to inject a file use left and right on the dpad to select the file to inject.

Seems like there is a problem with the current encTitleKeys.bin

github.com/Cruel/freeShop/issues/192

I'm sure dude, it shows nothing more, just the hs.app I just created.

HEY SOMEONE ANSWER MY QUESTION FUCK

I'm trying an alternative method using the Universal Injector.

It says there's no hs.app. Except there is.

ugh fuck, that was the problem, but just realized I should have selected "Use new VC" so it doesn't show the last screen when it boots again

I just did this step like 30 seconds ago. Pressing up and down on the dpad cycled between the country .app and the hs.app.

I'm a retard so I can't give you much advice, but it just worked for me.

Wait, nvm, I don't read, I'm an idiot.

To the Anons who tried to help me last night with installing a9lh and getting stuck on the browser screen, I think I found my problem, when the guide said Previous Release, I actually went into the releases and went a few pages back from the version that was linked, as I checked and I swear I did not have an arm11.bin in the one I downloaded. I apologise, it was 2 AM and I was freaking out, but thank you for trying, think Ill swap to a9lh on Christmas with my day off

Well, this didn't work either, the H&S just stays at a black screen.

I don't know how else to inject FBI, I followed the guide perfectly and I'm stumbled at this.

Is it possible to run DSiware from the SD card with a9lh?

Thanks

it only runs from NAND

Mind sharing that friendcodeseed :^)

freeshop is kill?

Got a question, when I boot up on mt N3dsxl I get a blank home menu (though I set a theme previously), but if I power down then reboot without powering off the theme reappears. Anyway that I can fix this?

temporarily

seems like it

>mfw IPS top screen on Black Friday N3DS
Bless this hetero earth.

>archive search is dead again
goddamn it
is neptunia rebirth series worth it

Aw come'on can someone help with this please?

I downloaded the fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip the guide said but Hourglass9 shows none of the files when injecting.

I really hope it's just a cache update, I don't want to be killed by the people I sold hacked 3ds to

bump for interest

sorry for giant newfag question but to install maidump updates i just copypaste the update contents on to the original folder right

It's the current encTitleKeys.bin over at 3DS Title Key, you got it on auto-update, right? Some guy at github got it working with his old file.

Redo the prep work to make sure this isn't user error

I already did like two times in all this time.

I've done all this page until that point perfectly.

3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

I try to scroll but it just doesn't show the FBI Inject files.

Yes.

Be sure to make a copy of the original game somewhere in case you get a bad DLC dump.

It doesn't even show the backup you took? hs.app something.

so it can be fixed? how do I do that?

That's the only thing it shows, the hs.app I just dumped.

Is the hs.app in the same folder as the FBI_v2.4.2_blabla.app? If yes, is there ANY other hs.app on your SD card, for example in the root.

Yes, it is.
No, those are the only .app there.

I must say tho, I skipped the "Sectionv IV Restoring the System" since after after rebooting the system after turning on the Luma options I didn't get a “Failed to mount CTRNAND" since I assumed the section IV was in case I get those errors, so I skipped to section V.

Do I need to update for Hourglass to show the FBI Inject apps?

System Settings says I'm on Ver. 2.1.0-4U still, that doesn't sound like Luma or A9LH so I'm not sure if I'm in the CFW or not yet, considering the part of the guide I'm at.

>I skipped the "Sectionv IV Restoring the System"
Follow the guide, damn it

I did it lads. I managed to not fuck everything up and hack my 3ds. Now I just have to wait for the painfully long installation of Moon.

Ok ok, I was just scared because the sys setting didn't show something clear about being in the CFW.

Sure, I get the options by holding select at booting, the same goes for hourglass with start, but still.

Restoring NANDmin.bin right now.

Is wii injection possible on wii u yet or will it ever be?

the link to the SD.7z is ded can someone help me out? i ran to the store like 5 minutes ago in a rush to buy a SD card just to do this shit

so is freeshop still kill?

vWii

hey guys, just got myself a JP n3DS. How do I know what kind of hax I currently have? At boot the screen shows some terminal-ish stuff and then it boots to the home menu (menuhax?). pic related is sd card

well done

Yep, piracy is dead on the system. I guess there's no use in installing CFW now.

welp, time to bust out the old PSP again then

It would just be so much more convenient to be able to start em from the wii u menu and not have to switch harddrives

you can install eshop wii games with sig patches enabled (Haxchi 2.4), but people are still working on injecting custom ones

read through this thread
gbatemp.net/threads/injecting-into-wii-vc-on-wii-u.451210/

you can always hack vWii too
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/7:-vWii-Modding

Gamepad controls in Nintendont when?

>not bustin out adrenaline on your vita

stuck in the fbi dump step. health and safety still goes to stock health and safety.

I don't have a vita. I was considering getting one but I don't know jack about it's hacking scene.

I have vwii hacked and im just not sure whether i should wipe my hdd for huehax

Thanks for the link, eagerly reading

It worked.

Thanks.

This is probably a dumb question but are you selecting FBI when using the injector or just hitting confirm? I forgot to switch it with the d-pad and got kinda confused.

Fear not, FreeShop will be fixed soon, just have some patience.

or use ciangel like intelligent people have been doing for months you fucking retards

Similar to the psp one just with expensive dumb memory cards.

I've been using neither, what is the difference.

is ciangel better than just getting it from 3ds title key?

ciangel is like freeshop but ugly

i think you mean like freeshop but with competent developers

it just asks which hs.app i dumped the fbi into and even after picking the corresponding one it loads the stock health and safety

anyone? it hurts to be this close. This 3ds has been downgraded before but it wasn't through gateway

Update: When I boot the console without the microSD it shows that the firmware is 9.1.0. Can I proceed to format the card and follow Phailect's? Do I need to backup anything on the card?

It's alright bros, it'll be back soon

I wanna hack my friends 3ds, he has a new 3ds in 11.2 and i got the games to hack it but i use RXTOOLS is it the same?