Do proddies consider any form of religious art to be idolatry? Do these beliefs vary with denomination...

Do proddies consider any form of religious art to be idolatry? Do these beliefs vary with denomination? Is there any good proddy religious art?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MzZgPBL3Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beliefs do not vary with denomination as much as they do between persons.

While he wasn't associated with a church, Blake was protestant leaning in his own religious values, and many of his most famous illustrations were based on a protestant epic.

>protestant epic
The bible?

The Bible is not protestant.

if you're not worshiping it, it isn't an idol.

Proddies sure are the only ones who believe in/follow it.

Paradise Lost.

We paint scenes of nature and the glory of God's creation

>huehuehue
>*knee slap
>yup, thas rite cletus we onil wowns thayat red the bebel hueheu
>dadgum cathoolics be warrshipin that murry

I grew up Proddie btw, this is an actual correct way of portraying what you guys sound like when you talk about Catholics, or Orthodox(but usually prods are to uneducated to know what Orthodox is; so it's just Catholic to you)

>literally all members of all 330 000 protestant denominations are the same

So classy, mocking low income white people. You sound like a Jew.

It figures. You two are of you father the devil.

>You two are of you

>You two are of you
wew

Lol, fag

You showed me.

I'd just ignore him. Protestants in the US are more intelligent than papists except for baptists and some other meme groups

Catholics are unsaved idol worshipers and foot fetishists.

I'm a Catholic who hasn't fallen for the eternal security meme, I have a foot fetish and I don't worship idols.

Then you aren't a Catholic then are you

>idols
>worship

>implying

Why?

Papists worship idols

You're right. Either they sound like that, or they're refugee's welcome.

Art in a religious context is idolatry

why do proddies believe this?

Dude they only pray to the idol to pray to a dead saint to pray to god for them.

lmao I imagine you sitting there, breathing heavy with coke and cheetos in your baptist goatee, pissed, ready to spread the word to these murry warshupin cathliks.

>this triggers the papist

>the top 7 are all refugees welcome cuckholds
Am I suppose to be impressed with this chart?

muslims man

Imagine what you like with your filthy imagination. A perverted person only sees perversion.

Are you retarded?

>atheist
>denomination

Because it's true

Actually those are Christians

>no icons
>christian

>"You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

I understand how you, as an idolatrous pagan oppose iconaclasm, but Christians support it.

He is otherwise he'd know that those are "mainstream" views and only 15% of protestants in the US are mainstream. The rest follow evangelical churches

Buddy I know exactly what you look and sound and smell like by the way you type. I grew up with you people for 17 years before I left the Godless protestant church. And my parents hopped around to all of them. Baptist, evangelical, Wesleyan, Methodist, "non-denominational". I myself visited an Episcipal church to find God in protestantism, it only got worse when I saw the lesbain dyke priestess come out to greet me.

Sounds like you are the grubby outsider here

Explain it to me then.
The chart with the top 7 highest IQ's per denomination/faith are all cuck faiths.

>denying the new covenant

jew pls

Which verse of the New Testament authorizes idolatry?

You don't know me, but I can tell from your posts that you're a despicable individual.

All Catholics are ultra-left liberation theology communist foot sucker sodomites
That's basically what you said, but about Protestants

What idolatry?

I stayed Catholic for 16 years and then converted to Protestantism

so god becoming flesh was an idol?

Uh? Wut?

Catholic idolatry

Roman Catholics are like the biggest cucks in the U.S. They support illegal immigrants and only push for policies that allow refugees in

No Mary no Jesus

Know Mary know Jesus.

>Do these beliefs vary with denomination?

There is an absurd number of Protestant denominations. There are few theological statements you could make that all of them would agree with. Even within a single denomination you can have completely different beliefs.

For example, within Anglicanism you can find a fringe of Anglo-Catholics who believe in papal authority (Anglo-Papalism) and you can also find hardcore Calvinists.

But yes there is all kinds of absolutely beautiful Protestant art. The King James Bible is a work of art in itself, no other English translation has the literary influence that it does. Then you have all of the famous composers like Parry, Handel, Bach, etc. Some denominations are more against imagery than others, but if you go to a Lutheran, Anglican, or some Reformed churches chances are you will find all sorts of beauty.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MzZgPBL3Q

Except I"m not Catholic shitheads

Only in your warped mind.

You're blaspheming the Holy Spirit

>op asks about art
>turns into a catholic vs protestant shitfest

>17 And thou shalt make a mercy seat of pure gold: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof. 18 And thou shalt make two cherubims of gold, of beaten work shalt thou make them, in the two ends of the mercy seat.

You called me a Jew, and the son of the Devil. But you can't take insults back? Are you gay?

You made a mistake, and your parents made a mistake being Catholic

It's the rule for religious threads man

>not realizing that idols were seen as literally the gods they represent rather than mere images of gods
>using logic that makes him think a pic of his grandma is like an idol or that burning an effigy of the Pope isn't reverse idolatry

So we should tear out the 2nd commandment? The 2nd commandment is heresy!!!

>brown people
>most likely recent converts
>most likely still approaching this new faith like they'd approach their old faith

Stop blaspheming the Mother of God.

I don't pray and leave offerings to pictures of my grandma

Stop worshiping the Mother of God

>using a theologically sound mnemonic
>comperable to believing "God will not forgive MY sins because I'm that unworthy of His Mercy"

Catholics and Protestants follow the same Christ. If you and a friend made plans to meet at the store, you guys end up in the same place, maybe at a different time, but still, are on the way to the same thing.

>worship =/= venerate

They fit right in

All christcuck denominations are Jew-enabling and illegal immigrant-enabling today. Proof of that is that you can only cite old man Luther and a few Popes very far between, and that guy St. John Chrysostosm, but not a single clergyman alive.

>Mariolatry
>theologically sound

What did God mean by this?

>Catholics and Protestants follow the same Christ.
Pic is Catholic Christ

You ask her to pray for you, isn't praying to God good enough?

Also, what some brown Catholics in Southeast Asia do customarily doesn't mean it's officially sanctioned by the Church proper. Santa Muerte is something Mexican Catholics do and the actual Church in Mexico considers it blasphemous.

Shitposting really is an art.

She's alive, Mary isn't. She can hear me, Mary can't.

Wb the Orthodox church? Greek bishop even said that the Muslims must go. Russian church doesn't put up with any Jew or Muslim bs either.

Orthodox church is the only none cucked church, and it's been that way for 2000 years. Even when you bitter edgelord Jewish lead Commies tried to erase us.

Based Calvin.
Ok I give you the orthodox church, I always forget about that.

>kneeling=worshiping a deity
>not a sign of respect to royalty
>not believing that just as Bathsheba was Queen under Solomon's Rule and the King's Mother was Queen in all subsequent reigns, Mary is Queen under Christ's true, final and holy reign

Christ is Catholic in the essence that Catholic is supposed to mean Universal in Greek. The Universal Saviour is outside the barrier of labeling.

Remember, Christ taught the Way, the Truth, and Life. He did not preach teachings of Catholicism or Protestantism, but He taught us to love our neighbor ad our enemy. The Truth He teaches about God is important, not confining religious labels.

>Those in Heaven can't hear those on Earth, don't pray for those on Earth, don't care about those on Earth and aren't more Alive than those on Earth
>Mary, born without sin and the most blessed Theotekos, would experience Death, the consequence of Sin and defiance of God

Kneeling (prostration) in a religious context is worship

Catholics pervert the gospel. They are unsaved heretics.
Christ was and is a Protestant.

>worship =/= venerate

So Christ was a time traveler?

>Mariolatry being a thing
Hyperdulia isn't latria dumbfuck.

Also,
>No Mary, no Jesus
Mary is why the Incarnation was able to happen

>Know Mary, know Jesus
Mary wants us to know and love her Son, Jesus for our benefit and salvation

>>Those in Heaven can't hear those on Earth, don't pray for those on Earth, don't care about those on Earth and aren't more Alive than those on Earth
They're resting with the Lord in Paradise. They don't need to anymore works.
Not to mention they can't.
>Mary, born without sin
Book, chapter and verse

this triggers the proddie

>i only venerate idols
?
>Hyperdulia isn't latria dumbfuck.
Worship is worship.
>Mary is why the Incarnation was able to happen
Semi-true
>Mary wants us to know and love her Son, Jesus for our benefit and salvation
True. She wants us to worship him and not her, she would be suicidally depressed if she knew about your worship.

To an extent, Catholicism no longer means Universal but only applies to the Vatican, but all are saved. Christ protested the Pharisees, but is not a Protestant.

In a way, Christ is a protestant, in the sense that He "protested" against corrupt religious policies, but not a Protestant at all, because Martin Luther wasn't doing is thing until much later.

Catholics and Protestant people are both Christians, and both have something valuable to teach, and both have some sketchy stuff in them that varies between people and their religious opinions