How did LSD jump from the labs to the streets in the '60s?

How did LSD jump from the labs to the streets in the '60s?
Was it solely thanks to Leary and Kesey?
Is there any merit to the allegation that its recreational use was encouraged as a continuation of the MK-ULTRA experiments?

LSD was already being used as medical treatment before CIA and MK-Ultra.

.t Wiki Scholar.

You can literally use google to cure your ignorance and then this thread becomes pointless.

LSD is baby's first hallucinogenic anyway.

Forgot pic.

DUDE

You've offered nothing substantial to address any of these points.

>LSD is baby's first hallucinogenic anyway.
Alas, I would expect nothing less from a drug fiend.

>how did LSD make jump from lab to street
>was it CIA?

>LSD was already being sold as a medical treatment
>somehow not answering your question.

>latches onto simple ad hom

xD, great thread. Moron.

whoah like chill out dude you're like totally harshing my vibes man

LSD was created and eventually given out by the government to influence the American people and restrict their freedom. My uncle told me that one of his dealers worked for the FBI.

Wake up!

>LSD
>created by a Swiss
>in Switzerland
>Neutral state
>accidently

>to control explicitly American peoples

xD, I think you should wake up. If you think LSD restricts, you're broken, scared and in dire need of fixing.

Frank Zappa never did or supported drug use.

>Look, let me put it to you this way: I wasn't particularly cynical, I remained to be as cynical as I ever was. The fact of the matter was everyone else was going around kissing everybody else's ass, and if you didn't have two fingers up in the air, some beads around your neck, a song tied on your head and a couple of flowers in your pocket, then you didn't have any peer-group status. But that whole thing was an immense pile of shit. Now I said so, so what did that make me, weird? That put me on the outside of what was going on. I was like a villain to everybody because I dared to say flower power sucked. I suppose you were into flower power? A lot of people were really into it. They thought it was the end-all. They really thought they were going to rule the world with a flower in their hand. It was nuts. They were believing in all these Yippie leaders and whatever else these assholes were telling them. They were just so full of dope that they were going blindly their own way, not thinking for a moment that the origin of LSD was in the CIA and a lot of them probably don't like to think about that now. By taking LSD they were helping the CIA in one of their favorite experiments. After they got done taking volunteers from the army, they actually made a profit selling it to people on the street, and seeing what actually happened to a civilian population. They got it in the ass so bad from the CIA that they don't even know. So to sit on the outside of that and say it was stupid will not make you any friends in the group of people who really believe in it, and since there were more of them than of me, it sort of set me up in a negative light for all the years to come.

MKUltra and Midnight Climax

As far as regular citizens go, when there's a demand, there is or will be a supply. AFAIK LSD can turn quite a profit after the initial investment into mildly educated chemists and precursors. It's also a user-friendly product (hard to overdose, easy to take, relatively cheap, etc.) It's easy and profitable to sell.

People like Leary and Kesey advertised it, regardless of their intentions, but there were many more people and institutions behind it than just the two of them.

I don't think recreational use was encouraged by the CIA, simply because MKULTRA was meant to improve interrogation, not somehow control a large population. The experiment required an interrogator, and the drug was only part of the entire environment. Things like sensory deprivation, psychological techniques, etc. were also employed.

>the government would never have any interest in controlling large populations of people

I have honestly, in my entire time on Veeky Forums, read anything even close the level of implausibility and retardation of your post. Ever.

It sure must be hard having a reading disability, huh.

Funny Frank Zappa didn't do drugs.
Pretty good musician.

Probably because he didn't do drugs.
All this "le you need to open your mind and blaze it bro ;^)))" to make good music is just bullshit.

you fell for the trap you moron.

>he thinks all these celebrities who advocate constant drug use actually do drugs

Apart from a few stand-outs the vast majority of celebrities who are known to be 'stoners' do not even fucking smoke weed, it's a tool they sue to get themselves famous.

Go watch some interviews of people who say they smoke weed but actually do not.

Die Antwoord is a great example, they only smoke to celebrate, once they have achieved something good in a song.

You can watch Getting Doug with High to see just how much half if not all of these celebrities lie about their drug usage.

You fell for the bait, bruh. You're a fucking idiot.

>nobody in this thread has actually answered the question

short answer: experimental migraine medication -> psychiatric drug -> people realize its enjoyable outside of psychiatric treatment -> doctors start giving it to their friends, anyone who asks for it -> recreational market created

long answer: look it up yourself, I'm lazy

>nobody in this thread has actually answered the question
Read the first post in this thread, you fucking idiot.

Where the fuck did I say that.

you call that an explanation

Literally what you post.

>LSD was used at medicine before CIA

Read threads next time. Retard.

wow are you ESL or just an angry autist?
that's not an explanation.

Kek. With the fact that it was available medically any idiot can infer that people sold it there after.

Are you really still going? Triggered much?

>it's an "user gets really angry then tries to turn it around and act like the other guy is actually the mad one" episode

>It's a 'nou' episode

I literally got all day mang, just admit you didn't read the thread ;^).

You're actually still going, you know you can stop posting?