You are transported back in time into the body of Henry Ford

>you are transported back in time into the body of Henry Ford
>ziggy says you have to improve this shitheap using your knowledge of advanced autos
What do?

Pretty sure it's still faster than most modern euro clownboxes.

invent the ecoboost engine and put that sucker in

Honestly it worked awfully damned well considering the cost and the roads at the time.

Perhaps consider standardizing on the modern clutch/brake/throttle arrangement. And focus on the automatic spark advance.

DOHC and EFI pretty much. Probably supercharge and intercool it for the hell of it.

And what kind of transmissions do those use? Did they still have some fucked up chain system? I could probably draw up a 5spd transmission. And some sort of diff but I don't quite know how a real LSD works.

Also the Turbonique rear diff.

>Also the Turbonique rear diff.
yes

I TELL YOU; IT'LL WORK!
>Sir, I do not see how hiding ones headlights inside the hood makes it look good or provide any benefit
JUST DO IT
>and frankly, what is up with these strange hieroglyphs on the side?
FOR FUCKS SAKE HENRY, THIS IS WHY YOU'LL NEVER BE COOL
>nobody is ever going to purchase an automobile lugging around a 300 pound gramophone that is stuck playing a song about a man "returned to the rocks. And what is this devils contraption, next to the steering wheel?
Its a cup holder, Sir... it holds your cup while you drive

Next day; Ford runs America

>ford becomes the number one distributer of beancurd

They had the supercharger too which is sweet.

Main reason they stopped making them was the fuel was too volatile but they wouldn't give a fuck about that in 1910.

The only cost-effective answer for the era is to put more gears in the trans and go to the now-standard driver's configuration. OHV would be too complicated and costly compared to flathead side-valve at the time.

Have you seen the Tobacco King Ford?

Just saw it. He shoulda used the Turbonique supercharger too. I wonder if that has been done.

Roads too shitty for cupholder. You could over engineer it and make it a shitty-road handling cupholder.

Steal someone else design of course.
Its the ford way!

Prove that the rotary engine is the best possible design, leading to its further development and implementation in all cars

>a 300 pound gramophone that is stuck playing a song about a man "returned to the rocks

Planetary gearing system that goes through a torque tube to the rear. Confusing and a bitch to get used to with the manual timing adjustments and whatnot for the modern man but it works well once you acclimate!

Considering it had individual coil packs, timing gears (no belts or chains), a suspension system that works amazing for non-paved roads (which was the norm back then), simplistic oil or coolant monitoring (petcocks you open and make sure something dribbles out), the capability to be taken apart and rebuilt by just about anyone with an IQ above 50, instructions to take the engine/tranny assembly out with ZERO lift/hoist it's just about perfect.

Using the technology available the only things I would add is a pressurized oil system with a filter, 12V electrical, electric starter (which they eventually got), alternator (instead of the generator they received), automatic choke and timing advance, and if I actually knew how I would develop radial tires.

If I was going to go a little crazy with it a 5v DOHC straight 6 with a more modernized manual transmission setup...fuck dropping nuts into the piece of shit tranny while adjusting bands and having to take the whole engine and transmission out.

planetary center diff with viscous coupling
hydraulic steering and braking assist
electric engine turnover
spark ignition coils
fuel injectors
multivalve heads
dual camshafts

LS swap it

Forget the engineering. I'd bring modern marketing know-how and research. I'd sell assloads of those things and make an even larger fortune.

That and modern suspension geometry.

Probably nothing other than an automatic mechanical spark advance.
They are actually pretty solid cars and were a perfect fit for the time.

>>you are transported back in time into the body of Henry Ford

Forget about cars, I would do everything I can to aid Hitler to actually win WW2

You should read up on Mr Ford and Hitler. user looks stupid when he doesn't know his history.

disc brakes, sway bars, overhead cams

Electric starter would have saved a few forearms, that's for sure

Only make cars with 1 seat.

Find the assholes who made the first electric cars back then.

Protect Diesel from the assassination attempt.

Give it an enclosed cabin and leave the rest the fuck alone. That was the reason GM overtook Ford.

Force the Government hand to put a size and weight limit on road going vehicle.

>No bro trucks
>No SUVs
>no stupid huge trucks
>no bathtub vehicles as a result

Dammit Benz

Start over.

Make it front wheel drive.

This.
Henry ford was a piece of shit.
Id just kill him and walk away

underglow and NOS

Rotaries, imagine where tech for rotaries might be if they caught on earlier

OP post implies you are transported back in time with today's knowledge you retard.