RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my105.com/Classifieds/cid/518
ausrap.aaa.asn.au/best-and-worst
youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM
youtube.com/watch?v=CVYNkhGfpDg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

to be fair though, he has put an M5 engine and an M5 manual transmission into it. him calling it an M8 is gay though.

come on m8

>M conversion
>didnt even change the interior to be M

It's a fantastic car but asking 90k for it is ridiculous. Just because he put 75k into a 15k car doesn't mean its worth 90k

If you are gonna bitch about servicing costs then why did you buy one? As I said earlier, they are 100x less noisy with good tires on them, even though the noise isn't that bad. Still, Why did you buy one without test driving it on the highway? retard, 8.5-9.5L/100km is normal for a SP25, it's a 2.5L NA motor, you can't compare it to a corolla that has a 1.5L engine that makes 2x less power. If you are gonna bitch about a few dollars then go ride a bus cuckold.

good point. at most its maybe worth 40k. 90k is retarded, thats probably just shy of what the car cost when new too.

Modifying cars is a money pit and you'll very rarely get your money back.
my105.com/Classifieds/cid/518
Have a look through here and I doubt a single one of these race cars are selling for more than they cost to build.

cheaper to buy someone elses mess than to build your own.

more fun to build your own a hell of a lot more expensive

Yeah but building your own will take 5x as long to get the same result. Starting with someones half done project and modifying it to suit you is better.

>scenic

It's scenc m8, get it right.

>Thinks mods increase value
Not how it works. Priced $5k above 850s? Yeah, fair enough.
For $90k the list of cars i'd rather buy is too long to fit in 4chans word limit, and includes a mint, low kms 850 with the engine worked to almost mclaren f1 levels

mighty nigger mods

Who has the worst roads?

>mfw mine isnt even on there

ausrap.aaa.asn.au/best-and-worst

SA on the whole. Potholes and cameras on every road.

but why tha?

No clue mate. Lazy ass roadworkers?

>one road in my town has been 25 with cones and large dug holes with shitty metal over it for 6 months
>maybe see 1 or two workers once a week
>jack shit has happened in that 6 months

I see it on other roads on the way to work constantly too.

fack

i must admit while the roads in my area are HORRIBLE

Waterfall way and such they are slowly fixing them

The top half of waterfall way above Dorrigo and the majority of Armidale road are utter shit. Glad they're doing something with it

>main road in aldinga
>aldinga road been fucked since last year
>road going past maslins toward aldinga is still fucked
>have never seen workers there but just those stupid countdown traffic lights
>every day have some dumb cunt drive through a red and pull off the road so the side that should go can go
fuckin lazy cunts the lot of them for not fixing this shit

Me.

whats up you fuckinnnnn cuntsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

>M8
>not using the S70 for it

Sure, it's pretty cool but it's got that same dirty feel to it as to some cunt LS swapping a FD RX-7 and calling it a C5 Corvette.

>go check out Kingswood
>it has no motor or gearbox
It was decent other than that, but ive already got my valiant rust heap to look after. On the other hand though, he tells me about another car he sold recently

>XA Falcon
>factory 302
>brown w/ brown trim
>told me completely rust free
>restored back in the 1990's
>sold it for 2500
>didn't tell me about it because he thought i wouldn't like a V8
th-thanks man

So my VT standard V6 died today and is basically undriveable, just got back from the mechanics confirming that.

Would love to put an LS1 in it but I don't have that sorta budget. Anyone done a swap with an L67?

Literally only just started googling this.

>possible hailstorm

Looks like I'm staying in tonight. So lads, for this evening's discussion we'll have a look at lane etiquette on the motorway.

The other day I was browsing the Facey and there was some article about the far right (overtaking) lane, and of course such a thing brings arguments in the comments about what the rules are. Some say it's for overtaking, others say sitting at the speed limit is fine or that you're supposed to go 5/10 k's over. Plenty of truck cucks whinging about this and that, and I always had an inkling that truckies were a pack of cunts but this was some pretty gay shit.

Now /dat/, how do you behave in the far right lane? Speed lane, overtaking lane, or is it just another lane no different to the other two to you?

gday just got a quick question,

what would be better, buying a ball bearing turbo off ebay or finding an rb25 turbo or second hand ball bearing turbo from some kind of import?

thx in advance

I'd ignore that retard. Hell, my mother in law averages 6.5-8L/100km, and that's with a predominantly metropolitan driven automatic SP25.
I'd say there's a good chance that other dude commutes at wide open throttle.

>>possible hailstorm
>mfw my parents tell me to shut off all the computers, power points, etc. even my phone because "it could explode"

Christ, I remember we used to do that shit years ago for some reason. Granted this was also the early 00s and we didn't have surge boards or anything.

>even my phone
kek. How they reason that one was going to blow?

i think my mum saw those reports of the new samsung phones exploding and thought it can happen to any phone

You can't legally go over the speed limit no matter what lane you're in, only an idiot would think otherwise. For me its just an overtaking lane, if someones doing under the limit I'll pass them whilst going the limit and get back in the left lane. On single lane road of course I'll floor it until I get past because I don't really enjoy being on the wrong side of the road.

I guess they weren't wrong when the said the telly rots your brain.

Pretty much this.

>when the cunt you're over taking speeds up

Had that with some fuck doing 60 in a 100 zone. He had a 14 car pile up behind him.

>somebody tries overtaking me
>i speed up
>i look in my mirror and see them screaming

don't understand cunts that do that, its like they're trying to play some kind of game to piss you off

I'll always do the limit where possible, but if some cunt wants to try overtaking me under those circumstances I'm gonna make him work for it. Plenty of P-plate tradies in SV6 utes have tried. Plenty have failed.

What is the commute without a bit of fun?

>I'll always do the limit where possible, but if some cunt wants to try overtaking me under those circumstances I'm gonna make him work for it
So you'll purposely go 40km under the limit and then force someone overtaking to work for it?

'92 Celica with 192000km for sale near me. Bubbling from the old lady being a dickshit and not looking after it. Is wetsanding and then reapplying coat worth it? Or is it only salvageable with a full coat in the shop? How much can I talk them down to?

fair enough if you're doing the limit

>be on highway
>100km limit

How do you get 40km under out of that, m8?

How much is it going for, and manual or not? An automatic fifth gen Celica is going to be about as fun as stepping in dog shit.

Dude is a friend of mine, wanted $3000 for it but says that he just wants it gone so I can talk him down a fair bit I think. it's a manual. Full service history, rego till like April I think. I'm not sure if it's a solid or a clearcoat.

If you just look at the 0-100 times, I guess it is faster to 100...

thats the 0-100 for the poorly engineered piece of shit 1800 kg Coupe 4 the concept car is listed under

>1800 kg
do they really weight that much? how?

Overtaking lane unless we're going less than 80km/h.

Commodores aren't the lightest cars and when you add AWD it gets very heavy

Don't bother. It'd be cheaper parting your car out and buying a factory supercharged VT.

Guess you're right. Might just buy a shitbox to use until I can get a replacement engine and radiator for it. Wreckers are selling a VY V6 ecotech for $750 and going by some googling it shouldn't be too much of a hassle to put in, I hope.

>$2500 for factory restored factory V8 XA
christ

the fuck did I just write

>work in insurance
>quote guy on 173 hq kingswood
>just bought for $4000
>damage on all passenger side panels, probably sideswiped
>he mad when I would only cover his purchase price
>"you insured my other HQ for $15,000"
>look up said hq, it's a factory 308 with $10,000 worth of engine work dumped into it
>mfw

i think he thinks your a homo

opinions?

>tfw to intelligent to be a aussie yobbo who drives a ford or holden

Why?

Vomit

Why is it so cheap?

literally boomer the car

That's what I want to know

truly intelligent people drive falcodores because they are the best value all round cars in Australia

aren't they the ones with te reputation for fucked gearboxes?

and what does the revs say?

i was mad, but he saw i had an 6 and thought i bought it because i didn't like v8s. Its cool these deals still come up though

>aren't they the ones with te reputation for fucked gearboxes
If by "reputation" you mean "shit I'm making up", then sure.
I'm with the fatcunt for once. You have to have a matching pair of X chromosomes to consider that.
I don't think so.

>tfw no cheap kingswoods anymore
i wish i could go back to the 90s just for this reason

>making shit up
google "focus powershift"

hail australia

facebook be furiously mad

I don't know about Aussie cars but TISM is fucking great. I've been blasting their shit in my car for weeks now. On a side note, what is a Holden SV R8 equivalent in the US? I visited Australia a few weeks ago and I liked the look of the car.

youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM

I just googled "fatcunt powershift" and it showed a crashed GTS-T Skyline.

>TISM

you have to be over 18 to post on this website

Check out King Gizzard

anyway, you guys had our Monaros which were a pontiac iirc, and some police only chevy caprices which are Holden Caprices. You can also buy the Chevrolet SS which is a Holden VF Commodore

Some company is also importing Maloos here and selling them LHD for USDM standards

A Patrol/R34 cross? Not the strangest thing I've seen (that would be half of an R34 sedan with the rear of a JZX110 Chaser with a fuckhuge GT wing), but why?

bitch thats nothing my holes hardly ever get filled with hot asphalt and compacted

wait that sounded fucken gay

nohomo

that shit is so 2013

>I'm with the fatcunt for once. You have to have a matching pair of X chromosomes to consider that.
what did i do?

i gree though that car is gay as fuck.

luckily i drive an gm german opel omega b with a canadian LS

r34 with cut and shit gu patrol bullbar.

it's a charity bash / redneck rally car

Blast some Dead Kelly cunt, all their shit is free to DL on their website
youtube.com/watch?v=CVYNkhGfpDg

>Hating on TISM
>accusing others of being underage

You're a dumb cunt aye?

>sitting at red light first in line for slip lane to next road
>ambo comes up behind me
>fuckfuckfuck what do I do
>he can literally fit between me and the kerb on the right of me
>i squeeze up to the kerb so he has maximum room
>ambo slows down behind me, driver looks confused, goes in gap after a sec
>car comes up behind, cunt looks confused

>light had been green since I saw the ambo but didnt notice because I was so focused on the ambo

fuck I feel retarded
And i'm always the one raging at cunts for not giving way to emergency vehicles

it's pretty fucking simple.

KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING.

if in doubt, do as they do in germany.

if someone is coming hard up on your ass and you're in the right lane, go left and let him pass, then resume your own slower overtaking.

its so fucking simple yet dumb soccer moms fucking cannot comprehend this.

i usually cruise 5-10k above the speed limit so i get pretty pissed when i get a dickhead that refuses to overtake
this holy fuck

My only real complaint is that they did a pretty hasty job of it. It would've looked mean as if they did it up nicely.

Yeah, It depends where i'm driving but I average low 8L/100km. Some other dude earlier was telling me that mazda 3s are shit because he drove an i30 and said he hated them so mazda 3s are the same.

>KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING.
It's not like this is a basic fucking road rule or anything, kek

Truckfags can get fucked though, they're not even allowed to use the right lane on freeways I drive on

Fuck life. Fuck me.

I go from perfectly okay and hanging out with people to depressed and wanting to cry and not go out anymore and just delete fb and my phone numbers and be completely alone.

Been there done that.

Haven't made a new friend since 2015.

Just focus on other shit mate normies arnt worth it

It's pretty hard living for the average young fella these days don't be too hard on yourself.

Yeah, this is why an internet connection should be a privilege, not a right. Falcunt's connection should be revoked while we're at it.

Make internet friends. We are all failures so it works far better than normie friends

What's the cheapest tuner car you'd get around here? Integras/Civics??

>tuner
>Integras/Civics??
Consider suicide my man

Please help my man you can dump lots of boost into a b16

what else is there?

R33 Skidline, 180SX.

Hoonday Sexcel

>tfw no rolling NSX shell

>not using the new bloated merc as the top images
m8

also morning cunts, who the fuck up smashing weetbix and nutrigrain for brekky

Got a maccas thick shake to keep me awake until 6am when I knock off.

Riding the bike home half awake near dickhead holiday drivers is the scariest shit.

>>not using the new bloated merc as the top images
This is why you're not in charge of making memes

What do you know of my meme credentials

Aye, its amazing how 20 under is suddenly the norm
I'm worried about cops too (seen way too many) but this is ridiculous, i look like i'm speeding when doing 5 under