/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18.
>Trailer 1: youtube.com/watch?v=5VV5-opm1TE
>Trailer 2: youtube.com/watch?v=XiOBszkWCp0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cB0JCnBUFpU
youtube.com/watch?v=xYfjgCkrRKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hahaha

Now I just need a Brute Tigrex screencap to round out the family.

>In Generations, Objective: Gathering
I've never seen this whenever I'm online. Are we dead?

You ain't looking very hard then.

Don't forget Molten's bitch,Grimclaw.

Assuming you also are searching for passcoded rooms too, there was a room a few hours ago. It's gone now.

OP image is a Grimclaw. Sorry about the shit crop.

Assuming that the only changes allowed are an AI pattern alteration and maybe one, two new moves, what would it take for Grimclaw to become harder than Molten?

Probably using that turn-around attack more often since he rarely uses it, and that catches some people off. Otherwise Molten can shit out blastblight clouds that at the very least can still stagger players without super armor, and is also fucking huge for a Tigrex.

Faster and more damaging roar? Never find the tigrex family in 4U hard actually because CB.

Consecutives and longer roars.

Is Hori making any new grips for MHXX?

More charging, less stomping. Alternatively some kind of follow up to the tremor stomp because right now if you get hit by the tremor all you do is miss out on some damage.

Make him a perma-raged Molten Tigrex.

I'm a fan of moves that make monsters seem unpredictable at first glance, but are actually another strict pattern. So you have to actually LOOK at the monster and be attentive.

So give it a counter-clockwise spin that immediately follows into a charge, and make it so that if it charges the stomp with the left claw, it will immediately follow with a roar.

>Grimclaw is easier than Molten
Wait what? I've never had issues with Molten but I can't get the hang of Grimclaw at all.

But then again I haven't been extensively grinding Grimclaw either. Not sure what weapons are worth using over Ember Dinovaldo.

From Grimclaw? Only hammer.

Well, good thing I'm trying to pick up hammering then. Thanks user.

From what I've seen posted in the earlier threads, the advertisements basically show it being the same as the MHX grip but with just some MHXX branding on it instead. Which is fair enough, they're good grips as-is.

Why does clappy clownbird has as much wind pres as a Rath?

How good is the exhaust oil in high / G-rank?
How good is the stagger oil in general?

Affinity is good enough to always run vs any monster, so I'm not sure wether it's even worth it to consider the other oils.

I guess exhaust can still be useful for one or two KOs just so you can cuck Hammers.

>How good is the exhaust oil in high / G-rank?
Better than Hammer.
>How good is the stagger oil in general?
Good if you want to break a part, and if you fight a monster that has a really low-stagger part.

Exhaust oil is worth using at the beginning to get early staggers before tolerance builds up and so that monsters get exhausted.

As-is, they're alright picks overall with 200 raw, 10% affinity, and natural white. The problem is that Hellblade weapons just shit all over most of them since they're only 5% affinity short and have slightly shorter white for Blast but then again you have to worry about Hellblade powder. Base Tigrex weapons have 20 more raw and a slot for only -15% affinity as well while being all the easier to create, so there's competition there too.

Nobody knows how well stamina oil does in G-Rank because it doesn't exist until March. It's not as useful on hyper monsters unless you are constantly striking the head for KO.

I play solo only, and it seems that exhaust sucks against high rank monsters. They enrage way more often and so exhaust damage barely does anything.

it's for the KO, not exhaust, and even then its mostly just as a support to the KO damage from Shoryugeki.

I mostly use the affinity oil, sometimes stamina oil, rarely destroyer oil, and I have never used the mind's eye oil but all my SnS sets have white sharpness.

>Hellblade powder.
I've somehow been really lucky with that. I've had more times where I've been restricted by carapace.

>When you have more trouble collecting the required amount of less common drops or break drops than rare drops

Fucking Dah'ren Allbrace.

>Good if you want to break a part, and if you fight a monster that has a really low-stagger part.

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=cB0JCnBUFpU

So if the Destroyer Oil increases stagger values, does that mean the skill itself does as well?

Nope. Partbreaker oil is rather unique in that its effect persists even after the part has been broken. It's flat out better than the skill.

Well, guess you learn something every day.

top 5 monsters go

Joe
Ceadeus
Barioth
Narga
Uragaan

what the fuck is this shit

you're supposed to list your own

you didn't have to start with bait, though

in no particular order

Mizutsune
Nargacuga
Zinogre
Shagaru Magala
Barioth

because I'm a basic bitch like that

shogun ceanataur
kushala daora
white fatalis
gore magala
gogmazios

Gore
Brachy
Gogmazios
Amatsu
Nakarkos

Gore Magala
Nargaguca
Mizutsune
White Fatalis
Teostra

>red claws

Stained by the blood of shitters

>not red claws

gore magala claws are deep red

gore magala
great jaggi
zinogre
tiger zamtrios
Garuga

Why no long for Shen Gaoren? At least he got a cameo in Generations

>not spoiling shit tier Tiger Zamtrios

Jho (minus obnoxious infinite bite works)
Gore
Barioth
Zammy
Glavenus

>tiger zammy
>shit tier
The only bad thing about him was that stupid sky-high bounce that he whipped out of fucking nowhere and carted 70% of shitters.

Shogon Ceanataur
Lucent Nargacuga
Shen Gaoren
Tigrex In FU
Plesioth underwater, in 3U

That's why I love TIger Zim, he rapidly switches forms to fuck you up. Complete opposite of regular zim zam who just turns into a stationary weakspot.

>stationary weakspot
He needed some more offense in this mode. Like yeah you can wail on him but he needed to do more jumps more often to balance that out.

My boner for regular zammy mostly comes from his roar & arching his back while the ice forms on his body. That crackling sound.

I just made a room in 4u if anyone wanted to join

Why is Gore so popular?

youtube.com/watch?v=xYfjgCkrRKw

New MHO Shogun Ceanataur sub

I no longer like gore magala

Silver rathalos
Gold rathian
Yian garuga
Plesioth
kirin

that SnS moveset is fucking wild
>guard points
>round force, shoryugeki, and absolute evasion

when did this happen

Your second greenpost is new. The jumping around and shit were there all the while. They revamped their hunter arts related stuff.

>500 damage with an sns strike
are numbers in online inflated or what?

The monster dies in 8 minutes. Isn't that answer enough?

>constant noises and talking during moves
Damn it's like I'm playing Blazblue.

the question was are the numbers falsified or are those the actual damage numbers, sorry I didn't make that clear

Is MHO any good?
English translation available?
Any hope of a global release?

Pure speculation, but it most likely just got Runescaped. So 386 -> 38.6 under our system.

Have no idea. Does it really matter though? If the numbers are inflated by a factor of 10 compared to mainline, then just imagine all the numbers need to be divided by 10.

that's sensible
some people might be turned off by "why am I not doing any damage?"

It doesn't really matter because you cannot see the monster health. The damage number is more about appealing to the market, but also works to measure which attack on which part is stronger. Same thing happens in God Eater, well the new ones.

>is MHO any good
it's a monster hunter game so the core gameplay is fun, but the MMO elements get in the way
>english translation available
not anymore iirc
>global release
triple never

Is there a tell for diablos/b diablos' massive burst from the ground tackle thing?

It also has the practical application of eliminating any fractions of a number. They basically had a few potential approaches
Take our 38.6:
>Allow for the .6, show 38.6 (people is scared of them decimals though)
>Allow for the .6, but hide it (show 38 OR 39, but actually subtract 38.6 from health) (creating inaccurately displayed values)
>Allow for the .6, multiply by 10 (no misinformation, no scary decimals)

Runescape back in the day opted for #2, but eventually switched to #3

And yes, you're most likely right. They just figured bigger numbers would be more appealing.

>finally kill rajang
>forget I was initially after the ghoulish gorer and I never broke the horns
Even when I succeed I manage to fuck up.

Th-thanks user. I did some googling after posting, sucks that the files are encrypted now.

Almost pointless to ask, but, how P2Win is it? Is it like that shitty chinese monster hunter clone where it's Monster Hunter, so you need like 20+ tabs of storage, but they make you pay for storage by the row and start you with a grand total of like 6 storage slots? Is it purely cosmetic? Fatigue?

>Good design
>Actually a well designed fight with a good move set with the exception of its insta charge but its way less annoying than rath's
>Forces players to play aggressively and rewards them for doing so
>Good casual filter for beginners
>Cute

Woke up a and took a shower.I got nothing better to do so anybody up for some gen hunts? Rooms up now

I recommend a ranged weapon for horn breaking.

Is the Undying Light/Demonlord Edge Swtich Axe new in Gen? This shit is beautiful.

I'm pretty sure I would die in 10 seconds flat if I played gunner without adept.

If your positioning and movement are smart, Rajang can never touch you. The only attack that poses a threat is when he stands up on his hind legs and jumps across the zone to slam you, and you should have AE/AR ready for that.

I'm playing 4U though. Should've made that clearer. Speaking of which, the hitbox on his beam feels significantly bigger in 4U than Gen.

Do you guys play monster hunter frontier?

Gigginox
Ceadeus
Great insert name here
Astalos
Gore Magala
In no real order besides Giggi being top

No

a handful of us.

seems like more people are trying it lately though.

SASA5AYJE78LFC
Merry christmas from pso2g, then.
I think it`s an event cat? I can`t really read the runes.

What do hammerbros usually eat when hunting?
Slugger? Polisher? Black belt?

Probably cat armor/weapon, I'll go check it out.

pyro if i'm using the hellmeme hammer, slugger otherwise

Khezu
Khezu
Khezu
Khezu
Giggi

Brachydios
Barroth
Tigrex
Qurupeco
3U Savage Deviljho, they ruined it in 4,4U, and Gen by removing it's signature attack

honorable mention, Chaotic Gore Magala but the lazy jagged rocks are a flaw

MH4U Guide says that "Poison can be built up while the status is in effect, this is why using Status skill on poison weapons is a complete waste."

So, if the monster is still taking the poison dmg from the initial poisoning and you keep building it up to the point of inflicting it again, what happens? Does it start right away on top of the first one, or wait for the first one to stop and then start, or does it just reset?

You chain it.

So we are in agreement right?

>God tier
Brute Wyverns
Amphibians
>high tier
Elder Dragons
Pelagus
Leviathans
>mid tier
Flying Wyverns
Carapaceons
Neopteron
>low tier
Bird Wyverns
>shit tier
single-monster categories
Piscine Wyverns
Lynians
Herbivores

Fuck it, I'm going on a chingchong adventure. Is 2-8 still the English players server? From the wording of something I've read, is region all that really matters (i.e. if I make a character on 2-1, can I play it on 2-8 or 2-anything)?

>Leviathans in anything but Kill Me tier

>~5000 hours in monhun since i first started a year and a half ago, spread across all games
> even now, only excited to play more

H E L P

Brute wyverns were a mistake

>starting shit with such a tremendous claim as if anyone can agree on anything and as if each category doesn't have their blemishes
just go away