/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Play on Magic Serb I'm Lonely edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AXwGVXD7qEQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for comfy island

OP is a fucking piece of shit who likes to be berated

Is Microsoft going to bring us glorious high performance W10 fully modded minecraft in 2017?

>don't understand game mechanics very well
>build a big tower with lots of levels
>tower fills up with monsters
>sleep every night knowing there's 50 stories of ghouls above me
>they're wandering around in the dark 24/7

Fuck this shit.

torches, m8, mobs can't spawn around torches.

well technically they can't spawn in areas where the light level is 8 and above, but you can't really detect light level easily in vanilla as far as I know. I could be wrong though, I only ever play modded these days.

I would like to add that I first realized it was full of monsters when I was on top scanning the horizon and a creeper knocked me off 9/11 style

Pretty nice tower. But yea use torches or glowstone blocks

does it make a difference for us?
Veeky Forums is 18+ so the majority here use some kind of UNIX

>Veeky Forums is 18+ so the majority here use some kind of UNIX
This might be right if you were posting on /g/ but most people of Veeky Forums are retards when it comes to operating systems despite spending all their time using one to browse a taiwanese fingerpainting forum.

Still pretty dumb but much better than using a post that forces HV cables to be at head level. I'm starting to enjoy this GardenStuff mod.

I told you Immersive Integration has extendable posts

>IE posts will accept connectors on their arms' side, but won't adjust the model so it fucking flied in the air
fucking gay ass piece of shit

But it also adds the ugliest and most annoying multiblock in the world (that huge coke over thing) so I hate it.
The problem isn't even that, it's the fact that HV relays can only be placed on the ceiling of something. While IE's posts are 4 blocks tall, if you place a HV relay on an upside-down arm, the cable will dangle right around head level and my autism simply can't let me put high voltage cables that close to the ground. (not that that screenshot would be much safer, but still)

(you) missed /g/ by a few boards, m8.

>using unix or linux when your computing environment doesn't specifically require the advantages they possess
stupid fucking hipsters. y'all really think you're "sticking it to the man" by using an OS whose benefits you take no advantage of? how pathetic.

I don't use the industrial coke oven either, still a neat mod
My mod list would be pretty awful if I cut out mods for every item I didn't want

Windows has a terrible cost/quality ratio compared to Linux.

:^)

I switched in the mid 90s so I'm not really sure what advantages MS Windows would have.
I'm just salty because I bought a game with linux support and now that support is being dropped.

quite phalic don't you think?

If this board spent as much time submitting detailed bug reports and messaging the content creators as they did complaining about shit, mods might be good looking.

>If this board spent as much time submitting detailed bug reports and messaging the content creators as they did complaining about shit, mods might be good looking.
Oh you sweet summer child...

not having to deal with emulator bugginess for most games for one.

Who else likes to make a nice comfy ranch in survival mode?

Here's my newest. Not too ornate so far, but all a man really needs is a 3x3 house, a vertical mine shaft, a garden, and a pen for sheep.

>3x3 house
I'm getting claustrophobic just by looking at it from outside.

>game dev in another general on another board updates weekly and bugfixes for the next three days
>have had bugs I reported fixed in less than twenty for hours
>reported a mod breaking bug a week ago and the modder hasn't so much as commented on it.

What?

>twenty for
fug

>taking one of the better gamedevs and contrasting them with one of the worse modders

How populated is the magic server?

The server was six feet under last I checked.

>better game devs
It's first game, he is pretty awesome though
>worse modders
I don't know about that. It was random sample, though you could argue that a sample size of one isn't worth jack squat.

*it's his
real phoneposting hours

>game dev in another general on another board updates weekly and bugfixes for the next three days
>have had bugs I reported fixed in less than twenty for hours
sounds like gt. I do like the holiday schedule of several updates per week he's been using.

I don't see the problem.

Should I be concerned about all the dripping water right above the exposed electrical wiring?

Nah it's probably fine.

Are there any good non-meme serbs up?

Considering the time, it's probably empty but it's peaked around 4-5 players and it's been up for under a week.
Come join in user, there's plenty of nice places to build. The webm in the OP is from Magicserb.

When did you last check?

What do you consider "Non-meme"?

Whats that villager building in the bottom right?

>When did you last check?
several months ago

Greenhouse full of Agricraft crops. Usually where you can find rarer seeds rather than spending ages crossbreeding them.

Magicserb 2.0 started less than a week ago user. Check the server list.
I'm running out of screenshots now though.

Fuck you IE you buggy piece of shit just fucking output that goddamn RF

Thanks.

>I don't know about that. It was random sample, though you could argue that a sample size of one isn't worth jack squat.
I've seen many gamedevs and many modders, and it's really very, very varied.

Is that village just made of snow forts and ice bricks?

>ice for the walk paths
I can't see that possibly being a bad idea.

Do the villagers just wear ice skates all day?

probably need to replace the wheels and dynamo

Ok so when someone said that IE waterwheels can power dynamos on both sides, they were fucking lying. I've broken and replaced several sets of wheels and I can't get power to go to both dynamos at the same time. Looks like it's just a max of 3 wheels on 1 dynamo.

that's probably true too, I thought only one face of the dynamo accepted any attachments

Only 1 face of the dynamo will take an IE connector (haven't tried it with EIO conduits), but it should be whichever side I tap with the hammer. I tapped like crazy and the connecter was just not taking up any RF (like you would expect if power was moving). I had to just take out the other dynamo. The spacing is better this way. Instead of 4 groups of 3, I should have done 2 groups of 6. Whoopsie. Wonder how many time I'll have to re-learn this lesson.

Holy shit this looks comfy as fuck. I fucking love waterwheels.

anyone online now?

What are those power conduits coming out of your capacitors?

Ender IO power conduits

Im gonna try it out when im back from work. Gotta get comfy with thaumcraft and maybe actually get into blood magic for once

I'm not online right now to check but there was people active about 5-6 hours ago. I think the serb owner is from Australia and he's on most days if that helps to give you a timeframe for when you might reliably find people on.

Holy shit is this working

I think its working

making enough tanks for this shit will ruin me..

>net gain in power
youtu.be/AXwGVXD7qEQ

>when you steal a villages crops and sell them back to them

Lol nevermind. Looks like the farming station uses a base amount of RF just to stay on, but uses a burst of energy to cut down trees when they're fully grown. I kinda went crazy with the bonemeal sooooo...

welp, that doesn't help me now
>use rift remover to fix the rifts
>the one leading to my pocket dimension goes bye-bye
Is there any hope of recovery?

rip in piss anomalous's pocket

That's how things have worked ever since some version I can't remember because muhbaluns. The face that looks like you can attach shit to it needs to face up to three wheels, and the face that looks like you can plug something on it is where energy comes out of, but all in all it doesn't change much because you can still just use another dynamo to connect three more wheels.

If you didn't have any other door leading to it, then yup it's kill

yeah, I decided to leave that place behind, made some PERSONAL doors so they always lead back to the same place, and went on an adventure out to 5000 Z.

Any way to get an animal into a pocket dimension?

So guys I want to put together my own dedicated server and im wondering what all I should use for it. Any recommendations, itll probably have around ~25 people on it max but with plenty of mods.

Just open the door and push the thing into it. This also works for minecarts if you feel like teleporting them around.

forge must be a total disaster these days for cpw to be out actively shilling and being on the defense about how slow it is now

Fuck yeah tree farm

Except it doesn't, any non-player entity gets rejected

WTF do I do with dirt? It looks like shit as a construction material and there isn't enough gravel to make coarse dirt.

It's always worked for them in here, at least from a door to another door in the same dimension.

How possible is it to make an old west sort of setup?
Chisel has some blocks that would work for looks, horses are already in 1.7.10, traincraft works wonders for that aesthetic, and I would just need proper apparel and equipment

Hey what pack are you playing? Looks comfy.

Custom.

Would you be willing to post a modslist/pic of your mods folder? Building a pack today and interested if there's anything neat I missed. No worries if you don't want to.

For you

Not really. It's just full of stuff I've found out about through just hanging around here. Don't worry too much about building the perfect pack before you start playing. I've been added and removing mods for awhile.

Check out Matter Overdrive, Garden Stuff, Immersive Engineering and Chisel. That's about everything super interesting.

All of the Matter Overdrive stuff have cool sound effects. This one has a nice satisfying "HMMMMMMMMMMMM" straight out of Star Trek.

well, I'm trying to get it into my pocket plane
>pic related

>Techguns

Thanks user for turning me on to this. Nominating it for best mod made by a kid of 2016

Is /pol/andcraft cracked-friendly? I'm trying to connect with a cracked client, won't work.

What's that map?

>Don't worry too much about building the perfect pack before you start playing.
That's what I do and I never fucking play :'^)

I don't remember the name of it, sorry, just kinda googled "minimap mod 1.7.10" and it showed up

What mods go well with Matter Overdrive?

WARNING BOTNET DETECTED
[code]
Google Analytics
As of version 0.4.1 Matter Overdrive has implemented Google Analytics.
[/code]

Maybe entities can't get into personal planes because they're supposed to only let the owner in if they use a quartz door. Have you tried making a normal warp door from it to the outside and pushing cows into it?

Warp doors can't even be placed in personal planes, looks like the only way I'm getting animals into this place is through putting them in my inventory (Thaumic Horizons jars or AM2 spell)

it IS a total disaster. he wanted to rewrite FML but made it worse.

6 gigs of wam dedodated to Java needed for an average pack

What really gets me is that they get super fucking indignant on you if you suggest that there might be a better way, like it would be fucking magic to be able to optimize things. And then they wonder aloud why everyone gets on their asses about it.

I'm sorry, but when I build a light pack with 40 mods for people running Minecraft off of laptops, and it takes them fifteen minutes to boot, even with optimization mods, there's something that needs to be addressed, I don't give a shit if your little circlejerk thinks it's impossible to do better.

Even worse, every time Mojang themselves shits out an update, performance goes further down the toilet.
Some Allah Ackbar needs to find his way to Mojang and go kaboom so we can fix what we have rather than trying to keep up with their garbage

Guys, guys

what if

Reikashit serb

By warp door I mean the simple door portal thing, which you can make with a rift signature. Click it somewhere to store the location, then click it where you want to connect it to and then place an iron door on both rifts that will show up.

>mcg says packs r bad
>journey to the core
>blightfall
>project ozone 2

all of these run grear, play great, and dont hold your hand and they are premade explain yourselves

Not sure about project ozone, but the other two are third party packs.

>it doesnt count in this circumstance!

wouldn't last a week because of his buggy garbage.