What can i do to my 2011 daily driver Yaris sedan to make it a little more fun?

What can i do to my 2011 daily driver Yaris sedan to make it a little more fun?

I want these mods to be more low key and unoticable to people on the outside and just stuff I would notice more

I saw an engine swapped Yaris but that's not quite something I think I would be able to do.

for suspension stuff what would you recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

sparksparts.com/2007_Yaris_Sedan_Suspension/Brakes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean you could buy some suspension components and install them in a different car.
Toyota has also been teasing a hot-hatch variant of the Yaris for some time so honestly I'd just trade up if you like the interior and shit already

When do you think this new hot hatch would make its way to consumers?

>for suspension stuff what would you recommend?
Merry Christmas.
sparksparts.com/2007_Yaris_Sedan_Suspension/Brakes

Next year, when the whole Yaris range is due an entire redesign.

Do a car swap, and by that I mean sell it and buy something less faggoty

But if after a real answer OP, provided that you're not baiting, it's an econobox. Keep it stock. Aftermarket parts are guaranteed to reduce your market value, and wasting money on a car that'll make minimal gains is not worth it.

and when was the least time the Yaris had a major redesign? 2006 when it got a new chassis. 2012 was just a restyling. Beyond the looks, the only other thing changed was the ECU. The engines and transmissions have been unchanged since 1999.
It's been due a major redesign for a long while now.

oh look OP. A faggot.

aftermarket suspension, especially if it uses the car manufacturers own performance parts (EG: TRD parts on a Toyota, Scion, or Lexus), do not affect the value at all.

Actually it does because the only person taking advantage of aftermarket suspension components are people that want to hoon

They actually do user, stock ('unmolested') cars hold more value. And it's definitely not worth doing any suspension upgrades in a slow FWD econobox. It's a waste of money.

Lol you're the faggot if you actually think it's worth investing money into a slow econobox with 0-minimal potential

Strip weight

Sell it and buy a civic for 3k.

Dude you can't do anything. Your Yaris isn't a even a functional platform for modifying. There is no point in modifying your suspension when you likely don't even have the tires and wheels that a properly tuned suspension is supposed to be used with. Not to mention the vehicle's weight distribution, drive train (FWD), and wheelbase isn't conducive to ANY form of performance driving. Get a fucking Miata and modify the shit out of it. That is something you can actually have fun with and will benefit from

The reason value goes down isn't because the car becomes harder to sell or because of a niche market. It's because people worry about the reliability of non-stock parts on a car, which is fair enough. But when you use part made or sold by the same company as the car, it's a different story. All those parts are designed for reliability and don't affect whatever warranty the cars have. TRD parts on a Toyota, Lexus or Scion have no affect on the value, just the same as Abarth or Mopar parts on a Fiat, Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep.

Source: a long conversation with a local Toyota/Scion dealer.

You forgot putting stiff springs and dampers on a car with a sponge for a frame will handle horribly.

If you want to mod it I'd put money into a kick-ass sound system and leave the performance alone. Again though, it's not really the right car for that either because it will rattle itself apart.

Thats what I did to the wifes yaris. Shitload of sound dampening, and a great sound system.

New tyres.

This is the only answer that isnt retarded.

No, no other option will be worth it. New suspension? You are retarded. Turbo? You are still retarded.. Brakes? Maybe, but you are still retarded.

Tyres. Thats it.

>waaaahhh it's not an FR sports car
get the fuck over yourself you basement dwelling neckbeard. People modify FWD cars ALL the fucking time. and they don't rattle apart. I've ridden on modified Yarii. People modify Civics and Integras all the fucking time.
You're overexaggerating and making assumptions based on your version of reality. It doesn't work that way. And the Yaris has a longer wheelbase than ANY Miata ever.

Sound dampening is definitely a good idea though. They don't use much from the factory to keep prices down. I recommend Dynamat.

Tires of course. Strut braces? Stiffer anti-roll bars?

Lose some weight, ditch all the sound deadening and carpeting. Maybe even the rear seats and stereo.

If you don't like the car, just get another car. The Yaris was designed as an econobox to get you from A to B in reasonable comfort. You're going to spend a lot of money on the car without adding a dime to its value because it is an econobox, and nobody is going to pay more for an econobox that's had lots of money spend on making its ride less comfortable.

Just bite the bullet and buy a car that is fun to drive and will actually appreciate in value if you modify it.

turbo it man! It would make it hella sweet!

maybe braces and racing suspension, that'd be mint

Nitrous. Im serious. Just get a sneaky oete type system with a 10 lb bottle, and plumb the nozzle into the air box. The car should handle a dry 20-30 hp shot just fine as long as you only activate it at full throttle. When it is time to sell the car, take the kit off and nobody will know.