How many Protestant denominations are there really?

How many Protestant denominations are there really?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdXJzgtiM4E
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Africa#Current_status
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_Church
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism#Relation_to_Islam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too
fucking
manyyyyyyy

This, it's a clusterfuck of ideas, many of which conflict so badly.

330*10^33

None, because illusion of religious identity only separates Christians. Everyone who identifies as Protestant will never agree fully, therefore, every person is their own denomination.

Sorry user, just a joke
But seriously, although I think Luther had some good points, Calvin was a crackpot and Henry was a politician.

btw, does Veeky Forums count the endless American schismatic tradition as all Protestant or are some things like Mormonism and JW just not Christianity?

non trinitarians are not christian
rejecting the 5 solae is not protestant

I thought John 3:16 was the ultimate cut-off
at least that's what I was always told
According to that I'm pretty sure Arians make the cut

are non-liberal denominations of Lutheranism best protestantism?

You can count a few broad traditions with countless groups within them.

Mormons are literally polytheists and Jehovah's Witnesses deny the divinity of Christ.

Christians literally had a council in Nicaea over who got to call themselves Christian, and the result was the Nicene Creed. If you can recite it and believe every word of it, you're a Christian. If you can't, you aren't. It's simple.

>yfw the english protestant """"""""""reformation"""""""""""

They also had a council in Epiros where they decided that Nestorius and friends weren't real christians because "muh eternal purity of the virgin". The goalposts shift like a bastard in this religion.

youtube.com/watch?v=mdXJzgtiM4E

The English are basically the Chinese. They sift the sincere beliefs of others and take the pieces that work and allow them to muddle on. It's good for making do in the physical world, but I wonder about their souls.

Protestantism has 330,000 denominations.
Jesus died with 33 years.
Coincidence? I think not.

Reminder:

See

Largest ones are Lutheran, Reformed/Presbyterian, Anglican/Episcopal, Pentecostal, Baptist, Methodist, Jehovah's Witness, and Seventh-day Adventists.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

>it's not 33,000! it's just a couple thousands!

You forgot the mormons.

Bearing false witness is a sin user

They're not Protestant.
JW and SDA aren't Protestant.

>the irony

>the protestants that I don't like aren't true protestants!
>the christians that I don't like aren't true christians!

quite a few

>most of the 552,000 congregations in 11,500 denominations throughout Africa in 1995 are completely unknown in the West.[19]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Africa#Current_status

It doesn't matter if there's infinite Protestant denominations

They are differing and opposing theological beliefs between the main sects since the beginning.

And that's enough to show why Tradition is important when it comes to reading the Bible

They reject the 5 solae, calling them Protestant eliminates any meaning of the word

>person is their own denomination.

this

hundreds of millions

You're using denomination deceitfully
Denomination = Presbyterian, Lutheran, Baptist
What you are showing there are churches

how do SDA? they are usually listed as protestant from what i've seen

I know you know what you're saying is bullshit, so you're a liar.

The meaning of the word has changed. Get with the times and embrace your mormon brethren, proddy.

Continuing revelation is incompatible with Sola Scriptura

Get with the times and embrace your Islamic brethren, papist

you'd better edit the first sentence of their wiki then

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_Church

Since when was Wikipedia the standard of truth?

proddies are muslims

see: iconoclasm

You'll need to try harder than that. The Anti-Christ Mohammedans have nothing to do with Catholic Christianity, while you on the other hand are the brother of the proddies who follow the teachings of the protestant false prophet Joseph Smith.

>anti-christ mohammedans
Muslims acknowledge Jesus as a prophet of God but do not accept that He is divine. Hardly

STRICT
T
R
I
C
T

I hope you go to Hell where you belong

Daily reminder

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism#Relation_to_Islam

Except when I am not.

Luther was fine with images, Calvin wasn't

Luther thinks God's word is in the physical elements of the Sacraments. Calvin doesn't.

Pastoral care and approach of Luther and Calvin differ and creates two quite differing forms of Sola Fide in practice.

Who could not forget the Anabaptists which the Reformers opposed as well. Or the rise of the Arminians in response to predestination.

Then we also have the Anglicans who struggle within their ranks to keep out the Puritans

The Jesus whom the Mohammedans claim to respect never existed.

Sorry Satan but I won't join you in hell. I'll pray for the proddies whom you have deceived and are on their way to damnation though because I am a good Christian who believes in the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Holy Incarnate Word of God. Now vade retro.

You're lying again

You're not a Christian, you're a Catholic

I am not. Practically every history book that deals with the Reformation or even in Luther's own writings himself do we see the disputes between the Protestants.

Luther's dispute with Zwlingli is well known.

You'll need a bigger bait, proddy boy.

Simple disagreement
Cooperation never ceased

Don't pretend you're a Christian

Rage on proddy boy.

It is not simple as all the disputes to follow shows

Lutherans and Calvinists will engage in disputes with the Lutherans rejecting Calvinist hands of ecumenism and unity

Then there's the whole thing about the Extra Calvinisticum that makes the Reformed sees the Lutherans as Nestorians for their view of the Eucharist

Unfortunately for the Reformed, the slogan, "the finite cannot hold the infinite" Isn't true given the existence of fractals and Jesus' own incarnation itself

Every protestant is his own denomination now.